Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (59033 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by marieolae(f): 6:37am On Nov 03, 2014
Unibenstudent:
wetin u go find for apapa
plenty tins
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 03, 2014
marieolae:
plenty tins
I can only go to ikeja and ketu and mile 12 and Mary land,,any other place is a danger zone to me,,,the last I go apapa na when my papa dey work for apapa wharf..
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by jreyez(m): 6:46am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
I'm not suprised seeing mile 2 there,very bad area to find yourself at nite! I ddnt see oshodi,ojota and costain o esp costain and ojota,pickpockets der hav a Phd in pickpocketing! Lool! Oh I forgot oyingbo,dat was were dey picked my phone bak in 2006 ,while inside a tight fitting jeans trouser! Lool

Hahaha hahaha hahaha... cheesy your dp dey make me laf... Hahaha.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by charleff512(m): 6:53am On Nov 03, 2014
briantext:
Thanks for the info.
That's why ah like my state... Akwa ibom
where are the 'alalok' boys
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by komek(m): 6:55am On Nov 03, 2014
MadCow1:

Barely 5 weeks ago, I witnessed a robbery on 3rd mainland traffic .. The guy was posing as a hawker.. he succeeded in taking a bag out of the car before fleeing.

Lagos mainland is still bad o. Don't test those niggas in traffic. That's why I stay other my windows up in traffic.
Bros, but not with all those weapons and the type of attack the OP mentioned o.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by komek(m): 6:55am On Nov 03, 2014
suremanpatriot:

Guy wht his telling us is caution. Christmas is here,and many are on last hour rush. But I know Lagos is highly safe and secure,ba wahala,new comers are welcome. grin

Noted.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by jreyez(m): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2014
masonkz:
While I commend this, it'd be good for the Nigerian police ti also tell us what they are doing yo make these places less violent. There's a reason we have a police force.

The tales from that mile 2 is not funny one bit, especially early in the morning.

Nigerian police can't do anything about it, every country has it's own getto.... Take places like new York, Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem for example.... Way back tho.

Until we reach the full peak of development in this country, nothing can be done to stop it, just give it time, they'll stop themselves.

Meanwhile Agric bustop along Mile 2 road shouldn't be on that list, i mean it's no longer a getto like area/bustop...unlike it used to be.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 03, 2014
All places in lagaos are very dangerous
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by nickz(m): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2014
berger bus stop......the day i entered one chancegringrin

thank God i sat beside the door of the bus and i hadn't added extra 10kgcheesy
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by udysweet(f): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2014
undecidedNa dp u go look abi? I don go change am
jreyez:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha... cheesy your dp dey make me laf... Hahaha.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Urine: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2014
Computer village suppose dey this list, there are some guys there that extort money from passersby on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by MacluvPH(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2014
Op good one on agric bus stop,dat area is a nite mere at night don't even try go closer once its 6.30pm u better stop at Volks then trek down if u re entering Agric estate(Olugbemi Estate).
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by DikSin(m): 7:22am On Nov 03, 2014
briantext:
Thanks for the info.
That's why ah like my state... Akwa ibom
See Okon thanking God he ain't Saka grin
Abegii make we hear word shocked

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by akigbemaru: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Dangerous place in Lagos!
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by eleko1: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2014
U beta wake UP and face the reality.The Op is either a banker/or a staff in any of the blue chip company.Nig Police indeed sent/circulate it(the information/alert isn't for lagos residence only,they indicate their number's'to call in case of emergency)U are on ur own if u dnt believe
komek:
@Op, where did u ghet this info from? Was this thread created if yes, Op must be on the influence of something. U will just sit in ur father's living room with a Techno fone to type the imagination of ur hrt. And the Mod will sharply bring it to front page.

Yes Lag was that bad at a time, not now again. Pls stop scaring pple away from Lag. The things u mentioned about these bustops are all lies, except that Agboju axis to Volks and soon those things u mentioned wuld stop around those axis.

Those bustops are not as bad as u dey portray for here abeg.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by muraj1(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2014
It's very unfortunate that things like this happen in a state like Lagos and in this century.

Our Government has abandoned their primary duty of safety and security of lives and properties of citizens.

It's a shame and I am very sorry for our generation.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2014
please if u are in a public bus, just be careful of the next person sitting beside you. This is their way of operation:
Most especially someone carrying a big bag, or a sack. He will put that bag on his lap closer to your leg/lap. it is just a matter of time to put that bag on both your leg and his leg without you knowing, then your little lack of concentration will allow them to put their hand into your pocket they are targeting underneath. When they are successful, they come down at next bustop and dissapear.
Comon in obanikoro-ojuelegba axis, then cele-mile 2 area-tincan.
One guy recently got the beating of his life as the guy allow him to succeed before asking for his phone and lo and behold after much persuasion and much insist from other passangers, dem say make dem dial the number ,as no body don alight from the bus and the phone just dey ring under his buttock. come see beating inside bus.
I also nearly fell victim last week while going to ojuelegba recently. The guy don cover my leg with his bag and the next thing i felt was something coming out of my jeans pocket. Alas, my new phone nearly gone. He just quickly said sorry and came out the next busstop. i come dey wonder how clean and neatly dressed this guy is, and doing this kind of dirty thing.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sova(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2014
kelvincoll:

Nice one Op.

Hmmmm..... Surprised no Bstop @ Mushin is repping here
stealin in mushn is lk a suicid mission just d shout of O...le d niggie is already under d burning flame u wl fink is a magic whn tires nd fuel strt sproutin out. With this act, mushn got d passmark for safety except fracas amg rival groups in idioro environ,fadeyi environ,buari str and coker str over supremacy and toll collectn.these may occureanytim irrespectiv of security presence mean while centra mushin is safe nd calm except for jjc nd persons wu gt distracted wt free cinemas displayed on D major highway.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Johnnoo(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2014
Good one!!! NPF has done well by exposing the grey areas. They can now mobilize & deal with that
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by eleko1: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2014
Baba ITK,it is English not english sir
Funjosh:
Are u for real

Correct ya english please tongue
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by mezebel(f): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
Not at all,I wasn't attacked. Insted they use a very funny way to rob me of dat fone,lol!
Som aboki guy jus at d rail line at oyingbo was using dos charmed snakes to create a spectacle and a sizeable crowd had gathered. I jus embarked frm a bus and saw pple running towards me. On moving forward I saw it was d snake charmed doing tricks wit d snake. B4 u can say jack robinson,d guy threw the snake again,dis time in anoda direction and pple scampered towards me and fiam! My body felt light! Infact I was laughing like Okocha wen he missed a penalty! Lmao! Funny enof d guy who picked it wen I called ,said he was watching me,that I shd go to one place and wait. Me ke ,I just leave am b4 pesn take me do merry go round!
. I have been looking for a way to locate u and give u back ur 3310 I picked back in 2006,I'm now a changed person. Pls hw can I locate u?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by tobounty(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=4bobo post=27679939][color=#000099]please if u are in a public bus, just be careful of the next person sitting beside you. This is their way of operation:
Most especially someone carrying a big bag, or a sack. He will put that bag on his lap closer to your leg/lap. it is just a matter of time to put that bag on both your leg and his leg without you knowing, then your little lack of concentration will allow them to put their hand into your pocket they are targeting underneath. When they are successful, they come down at next bustop and dissapear.
Comon in obanikoro-ojuelegba axis, then cele-mile 2 area-tincan.
One guy recently got the beating of his life as the guy allow him to succeed before asking for his phone and lo and behold after much persuasion and much insist from other passangers, dem say make dem dial the number ,as no body don alight from the bus and the phone just dey ring under his buttock. come see beating inside bus.
I also nearly fell victim last week while going to ojuelegba recently. The guy don cover my leg with his bag and the next thing i felt was something coming out of my jeans pocket. Alas, my new phone nearly gone. He just quickly said sorry and came out the next busstop. i come dey wonder how clean and neatly dressed this guy is, and doing this kind of dirty thing............thank u bruh,i nearly fall to the same polybag trick,along ojuelegba,thanks to my tight trousers,after several attempt,d bastard had to wait till I come down wen I discover that sonething is moving in my pocket,wen dude notice that I was about to raise alarm,he start begging.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by mezebel(f): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:
And I've spent so much time in France that I've almost lost my ever-conscious self...what will I do now?
frank,francis abi france? Ur own one chance is superb

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Vivipop(f): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Lol, I agree with Church bus stop - Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry
expressway). My phone was hijacked from my jean pocket in broad day light, I didn't notice till I got home. I was later told that pick pockets are in their hundreds within that place. Since then, I've always been on the look out for the invisible pick pockets each time I find myself there.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by lordmayor4(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2014
donigspain:
Anthony under bridge is as safe as Ikeja Cantonment. People pass under the bridge via the small path into Anthony Village even at odd hours. I know there because I use it often.

Very true bro... I pass it often on my way home, but sometimes, if I look the scenario, I go light up my cigarette hold am for hand Waka pass lol
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sova(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2014
U crab my ribs meh, dis funny, omo na wiseness
drlawizle:
Reminds me of a time in Ile-Ife when I was just coming back from a club & a violent looking one-eyed man just crossed to the lonely street I was walking..a young okada

man had just dropped me off..den d scruffy guy just asked me to drop...I looked @ okada man for intervention & the man just told the okada guy if he doesnt want to lose

his life now he should just shut the f*uck up(in yoruba)..as I saw the okada guy melt na so I just begin comedy..."ah baba agba! I no know sey nah you, haba see one leg up

for you nah, my 2hands dey up for you baba twale! If I fit carry my other leg up sef make I remain for air I go do am oh!" Nah so the man laugh sotey he just collect

50naira and personally bodyguard me till I reach house d@ night...these guhs can make you do silly things I tell ya!
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2014
mezebel:
frank,francis abi france? Ur own one chance is superb

As in....legendary
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2014
sova:
U crab my ribs meh, dis funny, omo na wiseness

My brother...remember YOLO.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by ransomed: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Since the police authority and personnel are aware of these dangerous b/stops, the best is to post officers and men both in uniform and mufti to protect people or are they(police) on strike. They should not give us excuse of low manpower.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by mahleeq(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:
The Nigerian Police Force has advised all residents and visitors to Lagos be wary of these locations to avoid falling victims to violent crimes.

I dont reside in Lagos so i dont even know most of these places. However for the residents in Lagos, please contribute by listing out the areas that are mostly and less prone to robbery attack and possibly safe alternative routes one can take to his destination.

1. Estate bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are
carried-out both day and night

2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC - Ibadan
Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns
on the long bridge and in traffic jams

3. First Gate junction - Agidingbi: Robbery point

4. Boundary bus stop in Ajegunle: Popularly
referred to as the 'one million boys' gang territory
where criminals attack passengers in vehicles

5. Ijora bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape;
abduction in buses (popularly known as 'one
chance',

6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used
to rob motorists in traffic jam

7. Church bus stop - Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry
expressway): Haven for street urchins

8. Agric bus stop - Mile 2: Notorious area for
buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area

9. Abulosu bus stop along Mile 2 - Badagry
expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack
victims

10. Apongbon bus stop: Hotbed of 'one-chance'
bus attacks

11. School bus stop, along Mba - Mile 2 road in
Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on
victims

12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki - Ibadan
Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters
from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop

Please try as much as possible to avoid all the
bus stops listed above when you can. If you find
yourself around any of these bus stops, ensure the
following:

* If you are a passenger or driving your own
vehicle, stay alert and do not display priced
possessions - mobile phones and devices; jewelry;
cash.

* Wind-up your windows and remain alert
when driving.

* Drive faster in these areas but please
consider your safety and the safety of other road-
users by keeping to speed limits.

Safe driving to everyone in Lagos (both visitors anr residents).
can you imagine, Alapere/Estate is just next to a big police station and such things still happen there. what a mess!
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by zyhon96: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2014
Una no write okoko b/s abi , d place wey dm theif my bag,school documents(non retreivable), wallet nd lots of stuffs like dat i was traveling back to skul @ dat tym ,me nd my mum were @ d b/s wen dese group of boys dat haven't taken dier breakfast came as if dhr were carrying arms nd took away wit my load d only bag dh left was d one dat contained my foodstuff because dat one heavy die dh took d oda bag because my mum carried it in a way dat dh thought it was money insyd nt knwing dat it was my boutique expensive designers clothes dat was dere . They also took my fone wit 16gb of memory in it nd i take pichos on a daily basis so imagne hw i lost all of dat pics . This happened at 6:00am @ okoko b/s on 24 april 2014 2days b4 my bufdae ....... Dis z my logo maki nd a humble logo maki have i made without loqua partial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.