Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (59035 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sova(m): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2014
drlawizle:

My brother...remember YOLO.
many a tym dox strt urchins lov recognitn once u can relate dem in dia own voice d nxt tin u wll hear is ...file, awon eleyi da eyan mo, omo aye(leave am, dix ppl knw real personality,worldly children) naso u go waka lk king.though nt d same wt heavily armed urchin on rampage o awon yen na eru iku(dox one ar agent of death)
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by mcmeffy(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
I'm not suprised seeing mile 2 there,very bad area to find yourself at nite! I ddnt see oshodi,ojota and costain o esp costain and ojota,pickpockets der hav a Phd in pickpocketing! Lool! Oh I forgot oyingbo,dat was were dey picked my phone bak in 2006 ,while inside a tight fitting jeans trouser! Lool
My friend costain is safe.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
Can I tell u two incidences dat hapnd der?d 2nd will blow ur mind! Just a few years back,my elder sista cam bak hom,we asked her wat hapnd to her bag,then did she realise dat her bag had been sliced by d side,evn pieces of d "tiger" blade was inside d bag.funny enof dey ddnt tak anymony,infact d 65naira was sliced alongside,lol! Now to d 2nd one,last Dec on my way frm work then wile still workin at lekki,I stopped at costain to board bus to kilo.somany crowd der n was getn dark.Kilo bus cam&we started draggin,next a guy said dey hav opened my bag,lo n behold dey removd dis guy's laptop frm his backpack,I weak! Sm1 told him d guy ran towards apapa rd,poor guy he was running in circle,for were! Laptop gone. As in I cldnt fathom how dos guys work,I tink its a gang because if dis one takes it,passes to d oda one who'll melt into d crowd. Trust me to always grip my bag under my hand wen ever I'm at costain at nite,lol!dey stil operate,its for one to be careful n u dare not confront dem else dey will pounce on u!
Looolz. Both incidents are touching and funny. I neva knew smthng like dt happens there. But i once witnessed d bashing of an huge NURTW guy by a lanky bus conductor at costain bus stop one early sat morning while rushing down for an appointment at Ikeja. D NURTW thought body size matters when it cms to exchanging d fists bt was prove d wrong by this small lanky bus conductor who beat d NURTW guy to pulp and blood was gushing frm his head like cold pure water in d mercy of a dead thirty guy. D NURTW guy was at fault and b4 this conductor retaliated,it took several pleading by d him,d bus driver,on-lookers and his passengers. I couldn't go till i watched d whole scene to my satisfaction.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by komek(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2014
eleko1:
U beta wake UP and face the reality.The Op is either a banker/or a staff in any of the blue chip company.Nig Police indeed sent/circulate it(the information/alert isn't for lagos residence only,they indicate their number's'to call in case of emergency)U are on ur own if u dnt believe

I did not that? It was sent to the above mentioned coy alone?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by TSAT: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2014
Haaaaa. Another place not mentioned,is the Agege/Pen cinema round about up to the stretch leading to the rail way track. Even with the so called police presence there. Dangerous for both pedestrians and vehicle user as from 7pm.

Also the Moshalasi bus stop tru that narrow route leading to A.P filling station alone the Agege-Oshodi way.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sova(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2014
Nigeria police is lk eror, sm of our polic use dix guz to collect egunje frm motorist at major b/stop in lasgidi . A frd of mine once told me hw he was bundle into a police van for notin, d nxt tin he heard was'ur money na 10k if u no get cash, na atm be dat abi u wan sleep for cell'. Nw tell me boss, can such officers protect d citizens frm diz bad boys?
ransomed:
Since the police authority and personnel are aware of these dangerous b/stops, the best is to post officers and men both in uniform and mufti to protect people or are they(police) on strike. They should not give us excuse of low manpower.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Chibokgame: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2014
cool cool

No pic
To explain this,
How would I know ?
Am I living in Lagos ?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by MEILYN(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2014
The thieves dey look face before them dey carry out their operation. I pray I never be a victim to such. Well, I pass that route like everyday, even if it is 11pm or 12am. I mean Mile 2.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by udysweet(f): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2014
What I said about these areas is centered on pick pocketing,not that you are attacked physically.
Abeg sef no area is 100 percent safe,its God dat protects and we using our common sense to be alert when needed
mcmeffy:
My friend costain is safe.

3 Likes

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Kirinwa: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2014
udysweet:
I'm not suprised seeing mile 2 there,very bad area to find yourself at nite! I ddnt see oshodi,ojota and costain o esp costain and ojota,pickpockets der hav a Phd in pickpocketing! Lool! Oh I forgot oyingbo,dat was were dey picked my phone bak in 2006 ,while inside a tight fitting jeans trouser! Lool

If all these places are not safe then its better to say Lagos is the home of criminals, touts, molesters, ashawo, barawwo and touts.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by mosco10: 9:17am On Nov 03, 2014
Ikorodu garage (roundabout)... I fall victim there recently...
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by asamaigho(m): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2014
op u 4got to add otto wharf mile 2...
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Jasi7(m): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2014
moneybag100:

Do you also schooled in france...am in lyon where are you in france?

Of all states in nigeria,u neva heard of LAGOS...if u had said gombe or sokoto,i wuld hv agreed but LAGOS...na wa o
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by JuanDeDios: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2014
yhemrite:
I concur with Estate Alapere....I reside there...
But there's a police station ("divisional headquarters" ) right beside that bus stop, isn't there? Well I use that bus stop often.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2014
uboma:
The Nigerian Police Force has advised all residents and visitors to Lagos be wary of these locations to avoid falling victims to violent crimes.

I dont reside in Lagos so i dont even know most of these places. However for the residents in Lagos, please contribute by listing out the areas that are mostly and less prone to robbery attack and possibly safe alternative routes one can take to his destination.

1. Estate bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are
carried-out both day and night

2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC - Ibadan
Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns
on the long bridge and in traffic jams

3. First Gate junction - Agidingbi: Robbery point

4. Boundary bus stop in Ajegunle: Popularly
referred to as the 'one million boys' gang territory
where criminals attack passengers in vehicles

5. Ijora bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape;
abduction in buses (popularly known as 'one
chance',

6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used
to rob motorists in traffic jam

7. Church bus stop - Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry
expressway): Haven for street urchins

8. Agric bus stop - Mile 2: Notorious area for
buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area

9. Abulosu bus stop along Mile 2 - Badagry
expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack
victims

10. Apongbon bus stop: Hotbed of 'one-chance'
bus attacks

11. School bus stop, along Mba - Mile 2 road in
Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on
victims

12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki - Ibadan
Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters
from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop

Please try as much as possible to avoid all the
bus stops listed above when you can. If you find
yourself around any of these bus stops, ensure the
following:

* If you are a passenger or driving your own
vehicle, stay alert and do not display priced
possessions - mobile phones and devices; jewelry;
cash.

* Wind-up your windows and remain alert
when driving.

* Drive faster in these areas but please
consider your safety and the safety of other road-
users by keeping to speed limits.

Safe driving to everyone in Lagos (both visitors anr residents).

Op so true... I dey stay for church bus stop (mile 2) and I can testify. dem go collect ur phone d following morning come ask u if u go buy ur phone grin awon boys r not smiling o
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Daare: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2014
If your vehicle should break down late at night anywhere from Ikota Bridge Bus stop to Ajah on Lekki- Epe Expressway, just take your valuables and find a good place to park the car and leave.
Please do not waste time by trying to fix your car there.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by HabibGwen230(f): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
Cele ijesha is damn hot!.....i got into the webs of fraudlers (419).
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by flylykace: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2014
Funjosh:
That is telling us that

If their existence there cannot help the issue there's no point for them staying there
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2014
sova:
many a tym dox strt urchins lov recognitn once u can relate dem in dia own voice d nxt tin u wll hear is ...file, awon eleyi da eyan mo, omo aye(leave am, dix ppl knw real personality,worldly children) naso u go waka lk king.though nt d same wt heavily armed urchin on rampage o awon yen na eru iku(dox one ar agent of death)

Lol..na so my brother. E be like sey you sef be retired street urchin?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by NoQualms1(f): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Lagosians should be wary of under the bridge before Toyota bus stop when coming from Oshodi. I learnt they rape people there once it starts getting dark.

First Rainbow (La Roche) bus stop between mile 2 and Ijesha is also very dangerous. They rob there alot. Speaking from personal experience.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by styless(f): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2014
yhemrite:
I concur with Estate Alapere....I reside there...
So true.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by eleko1: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2014
undecided lienus!Give us another tales.U possibly scammed/fleece ur brotha or better still U used am play gamble.U can sale ur lies to the mufus
nikpet2:
What about ojota? Na inside the brt dem commot 55k my broda money from money pocket.. Na the reason why I got deported back to my village be DAT embarassed embarassed
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2014
eleko1:
undecided lienus!Give us another tales.U possibly scammed/fleece ur brotha or better still U used am play gamble.U can sale ur lies to the mufus
I'm disappointed in you..Mr eleko
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by CORRECTMAN78(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2014
Estate bus-stop Alapere is a dangerous one indeed. Bt so funny enof, there stood a police station; one of the police stations to reckon with in Lagos. Alepere police station share d same wall with d bus-stop. So if this place is dangerous and police resigning to this fact, then where is safe?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by eleko1: 10:36am On Nov 03, 2014
cheesy cool cool ??[ embarassedU berra return the money to ur brotha if U still have it(u knw where U stashed am) angry : angry angry
nikpet2:
I'm disappointed in you..Mr eleko
angry
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sova(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2014
Lol, boss no be so oo u knw say to surviv in dix part of d world u need dot ur I's nd cross ur t's.eko wengele grin
drlawizle:

Lol..na so my brother. E be like sey you sef be retired street urchin?
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by sylaz(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2014
Dem boys pickpocket me for around oshodi, o boyee, I shock. I no even see the person at all. Then we entered bus to tollgate, na hin bus tire burst after moving a few kilometres for dark place, bad guys just appear telling us that they give us just 10 minutes, jesus! See fear, as soon as bus start dey move na hin wam small car tire burst again, those guys bin don sabotage that road. All dat one no even shook me, dem don stewl my phone and no only 2k dey hand. The day when I dey comot ogbomosho to sango through kpakpa, I swear I heared heartbeat distinctly inside that bus.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by VellyG(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2014
I wonder why LASU road, IBA isn't on that list. That place is a den of ritual killers.. If you r on a bike from 9pm ur life is at risk.
Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by akoaki(m): 11:26am On Nov 03, 2014
The government has failed to pay attention to security of life and property in nigeria. That is why these hoodlums have taken over almost everywhere in the country. The inaction of the authorities has emboldened the criminals.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 03, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
eleko1:
cheesy cool cool ??[ embarassedU berra return the money to ur brotha if U still have it(u knw where U stashed am) angry : angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.