Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps (3613 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Wife, Maryam Mairo Mustapha (Photos) / Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Aminu Tambuwal Meets With Bola Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2014
This man is a wise politician.
When you are in Power, you take decision to protect your self.

He just adjourned sitting till 3rd December after announcing his dacamp to APC to ensure that the house is calm when they would have returned by December.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:
When you are in Power, you ke decision to protect your self.

He just adjourned sitting till 3rd December after announcing his dacamp to APC to ensure that the house is calm when they would have returned by December.

He is still the speaker till December and might still be before election. The power of wisdom and the effect of insensitivity of the House members.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2014
Call it smartness. He could be the smart president we are looking for since 1999.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Omimah: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
It's only plenary that's adjourned till that date, committees will still be meeting.

2 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
HE IS ONLY POSTPHONING THE DOOMSDAY.I SEE ANARCHY IN THE HOUSE ONCE SITTING RESUMES UNLESS HE DECODES TO DO THE NEEDFUL.A MINIORITY CAN NEVER PRESIDE OVER THE HOUSE.

WE WILL BE SEEING MORE OF THE CHIDI LYODS IN THE HOR IN THE DAYS TO COME

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:
It's only plenary that's adjourned till that date, committees will still be meeting.

Please don't mind my ignorance.
Please Educate me. Will the committee be hearing about the dacamp? Or was their a committee set up to be hearing about it till the plenary resumes because I Know there was already a committee handling the PMS issue as at the time you mentioned.
Educate me about their seating.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:

Please Educate me. Will the committee be hearing about the dacamp? Or was their a committee set up to be hearing about it till the plenary resumes.

If no, then he is too wise to be tamed.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
chukwudi44:
HE IS ONLY POSTPHONING THE DOOMSDAY.I SEE ANARCHY IN THE HOUSE ONCE SITTING RESUMES UNLESS HE DECODES TO DO THE NEEDFUL.A MINIORITY CAN NEVER PRESIDE OVER THE HOUSE.

Ibofool sees anarchy, demdem sees peace till election and beyond.

9 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Omimah: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:

Please Educate me. Will the committee be hearing about the dacamp? Or was their a committee set up to be hearing about it till the plenary resumes.
If those who are opposed to Tambuwal feel it should be discussed, they know the rules of the House, they could call for an emergency plenary session. They did it when the House was on recess in January 2011, to discuss the removal of subsidy on PMS.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by fkaz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

Is it after PDP has denied some house of rep members ticket wishing to recontest? Tanbuwal will remain speaker, some PDP members will decamp to APC, just to realise their ambition.

Just watch how more PDP members will decamp after their primaries

2 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:

If those who are opposed to Tambuwal feel it should be discussed, they know the rules of the House, they could call for an emergency plenary session. They did it when the House was on recess in January 2011, to discuss the removal of subsidy on PMS.

Perfect Explanation.

Who can call an emergency plenary. A single house member or a group. If a group should do that, shouldn't they be a committee?

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by hazyfm: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
[size=18pt]OP DO THE NEEDFUL..

WHAT IS SPEEKER ??[/size]
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by hazyfm: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

O'BOY NA NIGHT SCHOOL U GO?
PIDGIN IS ALLOWED ON NAIRALAND

2 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
hazyfm:
[size=38pt]OP DO THE NEEDFUL..

WHAT IS SPEAKER ??[/size]

I have taken care of it.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by hazyfm: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:

I have taken care of it.

Noted

It is easier to manage the Senate than the House of Representatives, I think the guy is wise.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by dunkem21(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nigerians are really funny. Celebrating the dudes personal interest over our collective responsibility.
Giving a month holidays because of a simple defection while important national matters are kept in the freezer.
Why not adjourn the sitting till Feb 14? Oh, I forgot we will still celebrate his smartness.

4 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunkem21:
Nigerians are really funny. Celebrating the dudes personal interest over our collective responsibility.
Giving a month holidays because of a simple defection while important national matters are kept in the freezer.
Why not adjourn the sitting till Feb 14? Oh, I forgot we will still celebrate his smartness.

I have been under some HR expert who preaches scam as being smart. He made it clear that Nigeria needs such people, even companies.

The smartness of this man over the whole house is in deed worth celebrating by those who understood what he did. The tension would have calmed down when the house will resume plenary.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by musaajebor(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunkem21:
u think u are smarter with ur post but it wreaks of ignorance as regards the 9ja polity.
the adjournment is a welcome idea since it is going to maitain the sanity of the house till plenary is resumed becaise we all know that pdp will alway want to cause rancour regarding the his defection to apc.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by musaajebor(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunkem21:
u think u are smarter with ur post but it wreaks of ignorance as regards the 9ja polity.
the adjournment is a welcome idea since it is going to maintain the sanity of the house till plenary is resumed because we all know that pdp will always want to cause rancour regarding the his defection to apc.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by cyberguy72(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
musaajebor:

the adjournment is a welcome idea since it is going to maitain the sanity of the house till plenary is resumed becaise we all know that pdp will alway want to cause rancour regarding the his defection to apc.
PDP can equally do same when Plenary resumes. Tambuwal is only postponing the evil day. He should just step down chikena

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by ayukdaboss(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
hazyfm:

O'BOY NA NIGHT SCHOOL U GO?
PIDGIN IS ALLOWED ON NAIRALAND
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
cyberguy72:
PDP can equally do same when Plenary resumes. Tambuwal is only postponing the evil day. He should just step down chikena

Before you make this conclusion, try to find out how many sitting left for the house to complete it sitting in a year.

A committee would probably be created. They would have to go on hearing. Before you know it, they would go on Christmas break and new year break. Before you know it, election will take over the discussion of the house.

No time left. Just watch and see.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunkem21:

If he can save himself from the PDP he knew, he could save a lot.

Its not about his personal interest. Its about his method of handling Issues without causing chaos.

As for the Bills in the house, what effect would they have if they were to be treated and passed today.

2 Likes

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:
When you are in Power, you take decision to protect your self.

Tambuwal's ouster would be very legal. Expect some speedy judgements in the coming weeks. PDP has this unique way of showing the Janjaweedians who's got the real power. One thing I am sure of, the speakership is returning to the southwest, be it November, December or 2015. Adieu Aminu Tambuwal, the ten-faced politician.

1 Like

Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by dunkem21(m): 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:

I have been under some HR expert who preaches scam as being smart. He made it clear that Nigeria needs such people, even companies.

The smartness of this man over the whole house is in deed worth celebrating by those who understood what he did. The tension would have calmed down when the house will resume plenary.

Some scams posed as smartness are decoded within seconds by YEYE people. Shebi, consultations went on for a long time even in the house before he decamped. We have upgraded. How many months will we give, if Ihedioha decamps? .. like someone rightly pointed out, 'why postpone the evil day'?. I really wish him well in his future political endeavours but my grouse is why should national matters be paused for more than a month because of her speakers defection?

TO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
1. If plenary resumes, please deliberate on national issues bordering Nigerians and leave the house tussle leadership. Please!
2. Adhere to plea 1. Failure to do so will drag Nigeria back for 2 months.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by dunkem21(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
victorels:

If he can save himself from the PDP he knew, he could save a lot.

Its not about his personal interest. Its about his method of handling Issues without causing chaos.

As for the Bills in the house, what effect would they have if they were to be treated and passed today.

If he can handle issues when several lawmakers defected without chaos then why not handle his with maturity.
Read your last paragraph and wonder again why Nigeria is not moving forward.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunkem21:

If he can handle issues when several lawmakers defected without chaos then why not handle his with maturity.
Read your last paragraph and wonder again why Nigeria is not moving forward.

I made that comment in the second paragraph you mentioned because I believe the bills are not the solution to Nigerias Problem. Its not that I don't appreciate the effort or impact of the house through their bills and resolutions.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sweet movie behold politricksians
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 30, 2014
donroxy:
Sweet movie behold politricksians

You better join before it is too late.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 30, 2014
victorels:

You better join before it is too late.
Join ?
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2014
donroxy:
Join ?

Yes.

If you can't contest for a position in government, you can claim to be one of those contesting and therefore campaign for Him. I am not going to do so though.
Re: See the Wisdom of Aminu Tambuwal - SpeakerGouse of Reps by Fire15: 6:33am On Oct 30, 2014
fkaz:

Is it after PDP has denied some house of rep members ticket wishing to recontest? Tanbuwal will remain speaker, some PDP members will decamp to APC, just to realise their ambition.

Just watch how more PDP members will decamp after their primaries
The House of Representatives and her members are an enigmatic lot, the Speaker has just provided the PDP members among them opportunity to ask for return tickets to the House.
The defection is timed for the benefit of all, the Speaker and members. These guys are going to eat their cake, and have it back.
Give them automatic tickets to contest, come Dec 3, they will half heartedly try to remove the Speaker, raise enough hell to impress the powers that be, but failure in this enterprise is assured.
The Speaker will remain and they have the tickets to contest in their kitty, talk killing two birds with one stone. SHARP GUYS.
This just an addendum to your opinion, because you took the words out my mouth, you on point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even if Buhari presents Nepa bill, I will vote for him- Victor Ikpeba / Do You Remember The National Advert ... "I'm Checking Out"- Andrew? / I Was Told To Warn Amaechi By Aso Rock But... - Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.