Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football (1061 Views)

‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football by surawilly(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nigeria's senior women team striker Stella Mbachu has announced her retirement from football.

Mbachu, who was a member of the Namibia 2014 African Women Championship-winning Super Falcons, said she is calling time on her football career at club and country.

The 38-year-old had first national team appearance and scored in the Super Falcons’ 2-0 win against Ghana in Abeokuta in the maiden African Women Championship in 1998.

The Most Valuable Player at South Africa 2010 African Women Championship, who had 89 appearances and scored 20 goals for Nigeria, said she is fulfilled after winning lot of laurels for her country and club in her football career.

The former Rivers Angels forward, who is the only remaining member of the Super Falcons that played at the 1999 Fifa Women's World Cup in the United States, also announced plans to venture into coaching as she felt the time is right to take a bow.

"This is complete, I’ve completed everything about football both for national team and club football. I'm not playing anymore," Mbachu told Radio Nigeria.

"If I’m selected today, I don't even think I will be selected because I have already made it open that I’m not going to be playing anymore," she confirmed.

"I just want to rest and give the younger ones the chance. I know they will do it because they are already doing it," she explained.

"I will embark on a coaching course. I hope to go into coaching now that I have retired from the game," she concluded.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/5594081?ICID=HP_BN_2

Re: Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football by JigsawKillah(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
she's done her lot
I wish her the best

1 Like

Re: Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football by khattab02: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
Weldone!!! u don try for your country!

She retired at 38, and who says Xavi can't play uo to 40?
Re: Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football by surawilly(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
khattab02:

Xavi plays 2times a week'while atimes she plays just 3times a month
Re: Stella Mbachu Announces Her Retirement From Football by Omero(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2014
khattab02:

Xavi don old na, na bench tins for now, cos he wont be playing regularly for Barca, dats why Iniesta was name Captain.

(1) (Reply)

Make Money With Our Indoor/outdoor Table Tennis / Gtbank Masters Cup Season 4 Finals / Soccer's Top 10 Greatest And Iconic Rivalries..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.