Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Does PDP National Executive Body Have The Power To Select Governor For A State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does PDP National Executive Body Have The Power To Select Governor For A State? (425 Views)

Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner / Does PDP Have the Chance Not To Be Defeated In This Coming Election? / How Does PDP Winning Ekiti State, Help Jonathan's Reelection In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does PDP National Executive Body Have The Power To Select Governor For A State? by nationwide1(m): 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Just saw on NTA news bar that only candidates from Eket Senatorial district can contest gubernatorial election on PDP platform in Akwa Ibom.

Why can't they come and try that in Benue? David Mark is from Benue South Senatorial District and as influential as he is and with all the gospel of power rotation, his senatorial district or Idoma and Igede people have never smelt governorship seat of Benue and the national body of PDP has never attempted to impose Idoma/Igede candidate?

Why in Akwa Ibom? I smell Akpabio's plan to install a puppet to cover his loot. I think it's more than just a power rotation. For me, Akwa Ibom people must rise against that criminal strategy.

GEJ himself destroyed power rotation in PDP when he refused to allow North West to complete their tenure after Yara'dua's death.

(1) (Reply)

Troops Raid Terrorists Hideout In Kawuri, Over 50 Dead / B’haram Denies Me Of Success – Gaidam / Boko Haram Kills Soldiers, Cleric, 10 Others In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.