Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69574 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice one guys... God bless NAU...

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by arhelius(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wonder why our youths use words to bring down their fellow youths. Let's learn to appreciate any good thing when we see it !
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by olanyte: 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
#4millon I guess its too cost though they tried.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by piagetskinner(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmm! critics everywhere!!..they tried#just gotta start 4m somewhere
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Emvin(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , that project is never a bad idea because am sure you dont know the science behind it . oh , where is the cure ? bro stop decievin yourself , there are talents in this country and those who know its worth harness them without unecessary crticism , I am in the oil and gas industry ... some great uniben students shared their ideas with shell sometime last year and they have been sponsored to build on them . am sure you never heard of that but you can come on here and condemn youths willing to do something . do inventions fly down without having brians. check on how many graduates can actualy do this.
Need i remind you, this isn't the first time something like this is coming up. It has been done before, it has also been 're-done' and 're-done' by different schs all without improvement. We need something out of the ordinary. I'm not asking or begging anyone to do it for me/us, when the time cums and its within my power and reach, i'll do sumtin more mouth watering dan dis. if you can't do something exceptional then shut the Bleep up and take a sit. We're going mowhere by 're-shitting' same type of poo.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
...the ideas are infinite my brethren!!..am talking 3d printers , electric cars, solar panels...these are ideas for the future!the world is looking for new ideas, the problem in Nigeria is we are all abt reading books and books...forgetting that those are old ideas in the book!!!instead take dat tym and look into the future!!
mtcheew , I even thought you would talk about somethin I have not heard of . what old ideas are in books. where do you get ideas from .... from reading , research and team work . am sure you are not in the engineering industry . I cant tell who you are tho . fyi ... nigerians dont read , if they actually do we wont still be here.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
something more productive like ?

Do I have to school you? There are plenty researches going on in the world in the field of engineering. The world has pollution problem, there is power problem in the world and Nigeria is one of the worst hit with power problems. Energy is been wasted as heat or in other form, the world is working on the maximizing energy to prevent waste,lower pollution, to lower cost, serve more people and to save money which can be use to feed the poor and to build more infrastructures. The world is trying to convert wasted heat into electricity, thermo-electric, piezo-electric materials are been developed, the world is developing smart materials, nano-materials, light alloys, the world wants to move away from combustion engines, etc. These are things we need to key into but no, we are here praising the assembling of a 14th century supposed "F1 automobile" that has neither technological nor economical value to Nigeria and humanity as a whole.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , that project is never a bad idea because am sure you dont know the science behind it . oh , where is the cure ? bro stop decievin yourself , there are talents in this country and those who know its worth harness them without unecessary crticism , I am in the oil and gas industry ... some great uniben students shared their ideas with shell sometime last year and they have been sponsored to build on them . am sure you never heard of that but you can come on here and condemn youths willing to do something . do inventions fly down without having brians. check on how many graduates can actualy do this.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Noneroone(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
InvertedHammer:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1822924_formula20120race20car2_jpeg61fb85b2f7bf91cae372d656f2e84fe0

/

This is absolutely ridiculous, preposterous and reprehensible!!!.

\
The fact that u couldn't achieve such with all ur grammar makes it more ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Johnnoo:

Do you want to copy the prototype and turn it into millions undecided
Dude you're too fast grin

Lol. Fast ke. Before you can properly appraise this car, you have to know what the specs are so that you can differentiate it from the ones our mechanics knock out in their sleep. You have to admit that the car looks unimpressive.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
UniqueGem:
Need i remind you, this isn't the first time something like this is coming up. It has been done before, it has also been 're-done' and 're-done' by different schs all without improvement. We need something out of the ordinary. I'm not asking or begging anyone to do it for me/us, when the time cums and its within my power and reach, i'll do sumtin more mouth watering dan dis. if you can't do something exceptional then shut the Bleep up and take a sit. We're going mowhere by 're-shitting' same type of poo.
mtchewww , I even thought I was debating with a graduate , my prayer is you have the funds to help you study abroad, so you can have better understanding on how to build on your neighbours ideas , am sorry if you do not and perhaps school here ,you may end up like majority of the graduates having it tough maybe perhaps cause they have nothing to offer.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
as young as i am am not in any rush to get into any university..I'm just trying to convince parents to let me do apprentice in mech. Shop for one year b4 uni!!
I ll advice you continue with the apprentice and ignore a nigerian university education.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ChukwuCantDie: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kesmakveli:

My dear remember its a project work, dudes are still coming up..
It's not a pre-school project, these are grown men in University making small toy cars that are held together with string, its not impressive. Come back when they make a helicopter.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
mtchewww , I even thought I was debating with a graduate , my prayer is you have the funds to help you study abroad, so you can have better understanding on how to build on your neighbours ideas , am sorry if you do not and perhaps school here ,you may end up like majority of the graduates having it tough maybe perhaps cause they have nothing to offer.
LoL. I might not be a graduate, but you MIGHT struggle to keep up if we meet offline. Adios bro.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by deScifa(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
icemann:
Nice, A lot better than the guy that stuck a solar panel on a car (see below) and called it an "Electric Pneumatic hybrid car" and Foolss were calling him the new Elon Musk.

Bros u wicked oOoooo. I wonder why we celebrate mediocrity in this part of the world. Technologies are already there for us to embrace, lets embrace them build on them and develop from there. This one that every body is claiming to be the next Ferdinand Verbiest and then making Nigeria a laughing stuck is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by tranxo(m): 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
No dulling. We rock! Giants rock!

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by obyikye(f): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
There is need for us to be more appreciative, criticize constructively and tame our negative attitudes.
All these counter arguements will lead us no where please.
Thank you.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

Do I have to school you? There are plenty researches going on in the world in the field of engineering. The world has pollution problem, there is power problem in the world and Nigeria is one of the worst hit with power problems. Energy is been wasted as heat or in other form, the world is working on the maximizing energy to prevent waste,lower pollution, to lower cost, serve more people and to save money which can be use to feed the poor and to build more infrastructures. The world is trying to convert wasted heat into electricity, thermo-electric, piezo-electric materials are been developed, the world is developing smart materials, nano-materials, light alloys, the world wants to move away from combustion engines, etc. These are things we need to key into but no, we are here praising the assembling of a 14th century supposed "F1 automobile" that has neither technological nor economical value to Nigeria and humanity as a whole.
kai , you know crap about the industry , you are just one of those guys that turn into CNN and start imagining what you see in tv happens in Nigeria .... you keep talking nano , what do you know about nano . which world has power problem ? energy is never wasted dummy ... thats if you still remeber you physics , integrated science pehaps. we flare our gases thats what you call heat I guess and yes we maximizing the gases now to produce electricity. there is the renewable energy that is wind being used in the west .... you know nothing and you are here condemning. before you need to say our graduates need to do that , you have to provide technologies . you are so shallow you think graduates with ideas are not of economic value ... well I have to stop debating with someone like you who can type energy being wasted.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
Abbey2sam:

the budget is not tight ........With 4million naira , they can do better than than that

and it high time we stop encouraging coupling or assembling or whatever it is they call it.......

We need innovation
we need discovery
we need invention

I'm sure you now know that they had four hundred thousand naira to work with, not N4m. We need all those things you mentioned but first we need people to take science/technology/engineering more seriously and invest substantial money in them.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
youngice:
Semi-hater

What are you talking about?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Babprosper20(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
good
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by maclatunji: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Who called this contraption a "Formula 1" car? It looks more like a "Go Kart".
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by RFella(m): 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
ochallo:

LOl, your comment cracked me up and even though you sound like a hater,i understand what you are saying. to think it took them 2 years to assemble that and it is the most celebrated project makes you weep for nigerian's education system. Here is a car built by Australian university students. This car , the electric Sunswift eVe set a new world record for fastest average speed—more than 60mph—over 500 kilometers (310 miles) on a single battery charge.

You can't even compare the standard of education over there with what we have here..."All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us".....their govt will always sink in billions into research projects...what of 9ja na?

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
mtcheew , I even thought you would talk about somethin I have not heard of . what old ideas are in books. where do you get ideas from .... from reading , research and team work . am sure you are not in the engineering industry . I cant tell who you are tho . fyi ... nigerians dont read , if they actually do we wont still be here.
who told you Nigerians are all theory no practical....i often jst laff at my sec skul teachers when they boast abt reading or finishing a whole or 2 textbooks for one exam or the other
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by malaria(f): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Proudly zikite

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by felony101(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Let's support things like this n stop telling mi about Jona n ticket n Burahi let's push our like minds 2d top n be proud of them... Congrats UnizikG5
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Ikengawo: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
HisSexcellency:
They tried, but the car is too small... what engine is the car using, keke or power bike.

naija mumu done reach this level? have you seen a race car before?
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-2XEF9_-d4n5jQ4mktDuL7IUnWEsj7o7PAupjmlVH4o9yF-QT[/img]
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

Hot air. If the country still struggles to assemble an f1 technology discovered in EU and America 40-50years ago. How do you intend to carry out or support hi-tech research in the field of nano- materials and the likes

Talk is cheap sha. Have you been to OAU to check out their micro and nanotechnology lab? (my initial thesis was in the characterization of ZnO nano particles, I eventually gave up when it was costing me too much money since I had to get most of my lab work analyzed for a fee by a research institute in Italy). A secondary school physics laboratory in countries carrying out high quality research is more equipped than our research institute here in Nigeria.

This project done by unizik students deserves some commendation, they made use of the limited resources they had in an unsupportive country like Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.