Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69583 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by tsolz300: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
otswag:
E dey move

Ahahahahahaahahahaha.
Now this got me cracked up grin

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Calculux95: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
All I know is even if the car was as good as the ones in formula 1, Critics will still be hating undecided

Btw that project will probably go a long way in helping them secure a job...

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Very shameful.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Ferdinandu(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
benega:
Am not impressed, my mechanic can do better, no go find wetin 2 do with ur lyf, old men making toy car angry
Words of frustrated human being!!! I Know you were deported where you went abroad to clean toilet. They are your mates bringing out something where everyone thought there is nothing but you went abroad to clean toilet, yet you were not qualified for that also, so they have to bundle you back.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by suzyluv(f): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
4 million? That's pretty much, wonderful work though
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by christopher123(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
3kay945:

This isn't necessary now. At least we should encourage them don't forget, their mate plenty for agbero.

They are doing owo mi da and busting pipeline

Connies can be terrible

Stay away from thier oily xters

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by christopher123(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Billyonaire:
Very shameful.

And you are despicable

Terrible people

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Abbey2sam:

the budget is not tight ........With 4million naira , they can do better than than that

and it high time we stop encouraging coupling or assembling or whatever it is they call it.......

We need innovation
we need discovery
we need invention
which have you innovated , discovered and invented ... " you need" and not providing ... you are condemning whle you have not engaged your brains ... thats if it can be engaged talkmore of being productive.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by blemon44(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
I really lke to take it hard on folks just like you ... its people like you that calls a private car scrap while you are suffering in a molue in traffic ... yea , I have not seen you on ait or nta either ....learn to appreciate any development you see.

It's OK my dear friend
We are not fighting
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Feraz(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Billyonaire:
Very shameful.
I expected with your showboating here on Nairaland, you'd have taken a little out of your resources to actually sponsor students who are acclaimed the best in the University of the state where you reside but I won't be disappointed if you haven't.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ekochris(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
So something good can come out of Nazareth?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by noskybanj(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Good achievement. Great Zikytes

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by youngice(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
finofaya:
@OP, That's nice, really. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That is not a formula 1 car, or even any sort of race car. Also, we can already manufacture or assemble vehicles in Nigeria. In fact, cars are assembled and reassembled everyday by auto mechanics without university education. Its nice that these students were able to build their own chassis tho, and possibly other parts, especially with such a tight budget. If we could get the specifications of this car so that we can know exactly what was done, that would be e
ven better. More grease to their elbows!
Semi-hater

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by dicksonxtreme(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Can this thing race?? grin just being curious sad
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

But there is nothing here that shows that these guys are learned, anybody can do this without going to school. Just folding and cutting sheet metals, putting seat and fairly used engine into it means nothing brother. We need to learn and move away from this rubbish, this is not the 14th century. What development means is improving the available ones, like improving the fuel efficiency of the engine, improve the accelerating time, reducing weight of the car by developing light materials with higher weight to strength ratio, etc. Which car manufacturer in the world will want to invest into this? NONE. If you try this as a lecturer/research in China, India, japan, etc, you will surely be stoned to death no doubt.
anybody can do it , how many are doing it .....which have you done in your line of expertise ? actions speaks louder than word ...if the japense were criticised for making those small adding machines am sure they would never have made the scientific . well you are only thinking lame about no one wanting to invest in them ... the truth is they stood out from their peers in a little way.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ideepaul: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
SlimSkipper:
lets mind our choice of words he didnt build d car (definately not d engines) he only assembled it
Can you pls enlighten us on where in the world cars are totally manufactured in a single location? I guess you are one of those saying Nigeria does not manufacture automobiles but assemble it! grin

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Ferdinandu(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
exxell:
What is this bull-shyte? Abeg commot this thing for front page..... Just look at the crap that cost 4 million shocked shocked shocked. Wonder of discrepancy between cost and value! grin grin grin
This is how dull you are . you don't even know the difference between 400,000 and 4,000,000 which a kindergarten baby knows. Your people just wasted their money to send you to school. Zombie!!! SMH for your future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Guys its not 4million naira(4,000,000), its .4million(400,000). But not withstanding, i think its shameful that we're celebrating this.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided

compare

can't you be happy with other people for once.....

useless hater

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by johnshagb(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
jchima14:

U fit make one wey de run on gongoni?

Ever heard of constructive criticism?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by crisycent: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
Until you build a working engine here in Nigeria, all you have built is not a car but assembling a couple of loosed parts togeda.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by legendsilver(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
ducii:

Nice one guys, that is why we are the giants of Africa. We lead others follow. kudos
what a country that celebrates below average. Its our population that makes us the giant of Africa not our development, Ghana has leapfrog us in terms of development.
Wake up and say the truth
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ferdinandu:
This is how dull you are . you don't even know the difference between 400,000 and 4,000,000 which a kindergarten baby knows. You people just wasted their money to send you to school. Zombie!!! SMH for your future.
Mr. Easy when correcting people, because u noticed the point before the 4 does not mean everybody else will. Correct people intelligently pls. BTW it's still shameful that we're clamouring for this.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
Feraz:
Oho!!! Now, you're making reference to these countries. Nigerians and hypocrisy. These same set of people will rant China made/India made and will state how it is not on par with Western nations yet when it comes to what a Nigerian has made, the technologies they so condemn automatically becomes adorable. They forget that despite the low quality work done by these people, they were encouraged which made them what/where they are presently and turned into nations where different firms outsource their various productions.
There really is an inherent problem with us. For students with that budget (#400, 000), they tried taking into consideration the negative factors that abound here in this country. But as the usual crowd mentality that we all have, we condemn, they never bothered reading the article to see that it was #.4 million yet they come here to criticise and say how they can couple sheets of metals together and voila! the car is made. Tomorrow, they'll say Nigerian students are not creative enough, they don't read anymore when they can't see a simple figure up in the above article about these young undergraduates. We should keep wallowing in our hypocrisy.

I'm sure when we hear and see what team Uniben did in South Africa recently, we'd still condemn.
been saying this , there are some class of individuals we need to get rid of for us to move ahead in nigeria , such is the class of guy you mentioned ... I wish i can eliminate them personally ... yes they should take it to court.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Tweetums(f): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wait o, dis one na rocket?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by seangy4konji: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
I swear I ok fit laugh

Nigeria will continually think as if we are atill in the 1800?imagine if does had built something like this back then and call t a car?and we are in 2014?

Nigeria. Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by lawrenceunaa: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice work but 4million for that undecided

oga tell me another lie not this shocked

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Ferdinandu(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
UniqueGem:
Mr. Easy when correcting people, because u noticed the point before the 4 does not mean everybody else will. Correct people intelligently pls. BTW it's still shameful that we're clamouring for this.
My Friend hang that your hand. Why should you and that imbec1le be looking down on other peoples effort? People like 2 of you paid somebody to produce mediocre projects for u while in school. Haters.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by pimplucious: 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
...and that's where the story ends and how far their achievement can go as far as my dear country is concern: the front page of Nairaland.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
My Alma Mater.. Proud of U Guysss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.