Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69581 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by cycline404(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided

compare

i dont know wat to tell u, all i can say is do ur own and dont be jealous!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by cole265(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
blemon44:
chaii Nigeria self
are we going forward or backward?
at this age look at what we are boasting of!
are we still in the 20s or 30s?
which way Nigeria?

In fact, the junk is an insult to unizik. This piece of news must not be allowed out of this country or it will be a disgrace to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
UniqueGem:
Me presenting my work should not be your bases of argument here. Your argument should be them presenting this when they compete with europe elite. Let us stop welcoming just anything.

Don't mind him.

His is a fall back position for clueless twits who have no debating skills.

I am not sure why any educated person would celebrate that contraption.

Nigerians can do great work, they have surprised me with installing engines in cross brands, converting RHD to LHD, etc but this is just crap.

People who were in Ibadan in the early 80s would remember "shalake". Taking a Toyota panel wagon and converting it into a passenger wagon.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
UniqueGem:
Nigerians, stop feeling sympathy for your predicament, strive to break beyond your current barrier. This project would have been more welcomed both home and abroad if the guys had put in more efforts to create something out of the ordinary. But look, take a closer look, they created something we all were expecting. I'm sure most of us here would do better if given the opportunity. If this project work was sent to represent nigeria among the japanese, Germans, etc. I'm sure not only me, but you will be embarrassed and humiliated as well.
pls , stop comparing nigeria to germany OK .... I tire for una ooo ... your condemnation should not br to the guys . they got ideas ok . they only need a better environment to bring out the best in them . if these folks change their nationalities just as majority sports men do , same you will still condemn them that they dont want to develop their country . bro , can you produce beyond your current resources and capacity. yes , the science behind it may be welcomed.... that is the idea and knowledge even if the structure is not welcomed. pls , they have engaged themselves , it is better than for them to do nothing claiming there is no enabling environment like majority claim.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
[deleted]

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , park somewhere jooo .... is it with our educational system we will join the world , these guys have not stolen or vandalised pipe lines , they did this from their pockets ... if the educational system is wack , we should fix it not condemn people trying to build on their ideaas and knowledge .... if you have worked in a reputable company , you will know no idea is too small , backward or oo forward . they all build on the ideas . you want to join the world , where are the resources , do the average nigerian graduate match up to any graduate outsde there in terms of exposure , reaseach and developments. like I said ,how many mechanical graduates knows the priniples behind a movin vehicle ... we are not whites .we dont have to compre ourselves to them when it pertains some issue , they never compared themselves when they needed to build the first car , these graduates may have got the zeal to learn , it is obvious .if they have better resources , they will do better .... thats the truth . pls , they should be encouraged . btw whats your line of exprtise, you should give a link to your work or linkedin page.

There is nothing to condemn here, it doesn't just make sense. These energies, funds and time can be channeled into something else more meaningful and profitable. This thing will be dumped in the workshop as it has no meaningful use.

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

Don't mind him.

Nigerians can do great work, they have surprised me with installing engines in cross brands, converting RHD to LHD, etc but this is just crap.

People who were in Ibadan in the early 80s would remember "shalake". Taking a Toyota panel wagon and converting it into a passenger wagon.
[s]
CityNG:

Don't mind him.

[/s]
CityNG:

Don't mind him.

after the 80's what happened ? were these guys born this time you just said ?gosh!
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

There is nothing to condemn here, it doesn't just make sense. These energies, funds and time can be channeled into something else more meaningful and profitable. This thing will be dumped in the workshop as it has no meaningful use.
yea , it may be dumped , but do you think the idea and science behind it will be dumped if they got talent builders.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

something more productive like ?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
what are you doing with your miserable life .... I havent heard your name or seen you on nigerian tv stations , talk more of CNN.... motherfcker , stop being envious an encourage any little development you find around you .
my brother, i believe when i get to their age i would have done greater things, learn to address without being insultive....it shows really the kind of person you are...not my fault i choose no to be mediocre

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
something more productive like ?
sometin more productive dat can help the society....this car after the initial burst of excitement mite jst be kept aside or even destroyed for scrap in due tym
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

Don't mind him.

am sure you are above 30 for you to know shalake , still I dont think you did anything meaningful in your university years and a reason you had to go seek greener pastures abroad I guess.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by lordnammy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
The giants am proud of u guys. I didnt know the specification of the auto but the stability, thermodynamics are very great engineering. Most people commenting doesnt even ve basic principles of engineering, those guyz did a very great job it is a real racing auto

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
sometin more productive dat can help the society....this car after the initial burst of excitement mite jst be kept aside or even destroyed for scrap in due tym
you should tell me , give me examples ... say what you would have done if given the resources since you are full of ideas..... smh
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UniqueGem(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
pls , stop comparing nigeria to germany OK .... I tire for una ooo ... your condemnation should not br to the guys . they got ideas ok . they only need a better environment to bring out the best in them . if these folks change their nationalities just as majority sports men do , same you will still condemn them that they dont want to develop their country . bro , can you produce beyond your current resources and capacity. yes , the science behind it may be welcomed.... that is the idea and knowledge even if the structure is not welcomed. pls , they have engaged themselves , it is better than for them to do nothing claiming there is no enabling environment like majority claim.
Stop promoting mediocrity. With 400k, they should have taken time to 'INVENT' something more note worthy. They practically wasted 400k buying and assembling this poo. Which i believe they were taught.. There's this program i used to watch on national television AIT, can't remember the name again, but its aired every mid night. There u'll see little little inventions that count, not here celebrating a bad attempt at assembling of parts. There were news sometime ago about a Uniben student inventing the cure for HIV. Those are the sorta things we should look out for. Pure INVENTION.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Modekaya: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice Work..kudos to them but, they would have taken ideas from the Creative arts department and make the body more sleek by using Fibre glass mixture in constructing the body. Again More power to their elbows.. grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
All am saying is this is renovative and not innovative, a project that has been done more than twice should neva be repeated....common we need new ideas!!!! Not just petty play toys!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
my brother, i believe when i get to their age i would have done greater things, learn to address without being insultive....it shows really the kind of person you are...not my fault i choose no to be mediocre
did you not insult the guys , when you get to their age ... was ignorant to have replied you tho ,perhaps you are still out seeking admission . I will be waiting to see your inventions ... there is what is called team work , as an engineer , you dont talk down the ideas of your fellows without having something to counter the idea OK

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by MrCork: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
....race car?

....as it got engine?

... Keeep dreamin....i bet a 5 yet old run faster! (no. Offense)
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Chukwuemeka007(m): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice. But FUTO's Formula 1 rocks!
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluwaKStar:
All am saying is this is renovative and not innovative, a project that has been done more than twice should neva be repeated....common we need new ideas!!!! Not just petty play toys!!
You can share your ideas with them dont you think ? I ll be asking for your ideas in a jiffy thru a pm . you can share them here may be and then we all can build on it.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by obyikye(f): 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Great!
NOBLEDANDY:
Great achievement. Well done boys...
the great Zikites

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
you should tell me , give me examples ... say what you would have done if given the resources since you are full of ideas..... smh
...the ideas are infinite my brethren!!..am talking 3d printers , electric cars, solar panels...these are ideas for the future!the world is looking for new ideas, the problem in Nigeria is we are all abt reading books and books...forgetting that those are old ideas in the book!!!instead take dat tym and look into the future!!
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Modekaya:
Nice Work..kudos to them but, they would have taken ideas from the Creative arts department and make the body more sleek by using Fibre glass mixture in constructing the body. Again More power to their elbows.. grin
lols @ creative art ... its a sample tho , the next could be better.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by MrCork: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
....sooonerr or later..u people wil build helicopter..sayn Nigeria is goin to the moon.

...to be honest...am goin to play golf...laters!
undecided

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by oluwaKStar(m): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
did you not insult the guys , when you get to their age ... was ignorant to have replied you tho ,perhaps you are still out seeking admission . I will be waiting to see your inventions ... there is what is called team work , as an engineer , you dont talk down the ideas of your fellows without having something to counter the idea OK
as young as i am am not in any rush to get into any university..I'm just trying to convince parents to let me do apprentice in mech. Shop for one year b4 uni!!
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
UniqueGem:
Stop promoting mediocrity. With 400k, they should have taken time to 'INVENT' something more note worthy. They practically wasted 400k buying and assembling this poo. Which i believe they were taught.. There's this program i used to watch on national television AIT, can't remember the name again, but its aired every mid night. There u'll see little little inventions that count, not here celebrating a bad attempt at assembling of parts. There were news sometime ago about a Uniben student inventing the cure for HIV. Those are the sorta things we should look out for. Pure INVENTION.
bro , that project is never a bad idea because am sure you dont know the science behind it . oh , where is the cure ? bro stop decievin yourself , there are talents in this country and those who know its worth harness them without unecessary crticism , I am in the oil and gas industry ... some great uniben students shared their ideas with shell sometime last year and they have been sponsored to build on them . am sure you never heard of that but you can come on here and condemn youths willing to do something . do inventions fly down without having brians. check on how many graduates can actualy do this.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by tsolz300: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Word##
CityNG:

Don't mind him.

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
its an anonymous forum tho , anybody can type poo from his phone orcomputer . you can't tell the age or the calibre of person you debate with . even an agbero can come here and talkdown people better than him . if you think you can do better why dont you share your ideas or better still share you works with those folks . no man is an island.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.