Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Equality In Not Always Justice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Equality In Not Always Justice (6330 Views)

Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nonso23:

I will take that at face value.

This isn't about throwing away the baby with the bath water but more like cutting out a dead branch that once provided shade but has turned into a nuisance.

The first 4 lines, 2 posts behind this one.

The heart&brain and pen&paper comparism?

The pen is useless without the paper and paper useless without the pen;

The brain must tell the heart to pump blood and the heart must pump blood for the brain to function.

The pen, paper, heart and brain are not compared to each other. They are seen as equally important even with their differences and none is seen as 'unequal' to each other.

Saying men and women are not equal does not infer male superiority is akin to saying there are no rabid feminists.

We both know that it is not true
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by bukatyne(f): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nonso23:

You totally drifted off along the line I don't know if you did that on purpose.

The basic essence of that analogy is very open to all. There is no basis for comparison between the pen and paper nor is there a basis for comparing the heart and the brain. Both have unique functions that must complement the other to produce the final and important results.
They are not rivals nor are they equal.
That is the simple lesson feminists should learn.
If you compete with a man in his domain you surely will feel inferior to him because no matter what effort you put in, he is a natural and will always outclass you. If a man competes with a woman in her domain he will lose out too and very sorely.
Men know this hence you don't see them clamoring for equality . I wish I can say the same for the feminists.

Each gender should respect their unique differences and work to enhance them for the betterment of humanity instead of focusing on disrupting an order they cannot fathom.
The two genders are not equal nor are they inferior to one another.

Drifted how?

You asked a question, I answered or am I missing something?

Are there really fixed roles for genders apart from biological roles?
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by bukatyne(f): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nonso23:

You drifted by eventually trying to create a non existent comparison between the brain and the heart and the paper and pen by citing ''... even with their differences and none is seen as 'unequal' to each other."

What else determines our overall capabilities??
Biological differentiation!
That is the foundation for other unique roles both genders play in the society.

You asked a question and I answered as I could. If you have a template answer, provide it next time.

Biology determines our differences? ok then.
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by crackhaus: 12:25am On Nov 01, 2014
bukatyne:

After your first line, I stopped reading
I highly doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Nonso23:

Alright, I will assume you weren't playing to the theaters with that response.

Not just differences, biology determines civilization as we know it.

Playing to the theaters?

Where are they so they can pay? I ain't acting for free

Ok at last sentence.
Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wait o!! What sort of logic is this? How can you say that simply because men and women are different therefore, they are not equal? simply because an igbo man differs from a yoruba therefore they are not equal. i dnt get it. Is it that this equality talk scares the sh1t out of nigerian men or what? That word ' Equality' must really scare you guys. Even the dictionary has defined equality for y'all yet you still dnt get it and choose to take what you feel appeals to you. The only time God made Husbands heads of their wives is in the church and in Marriage. Nowhere else!! So whats this men and women not being equal coming from? If we all are not equal then you also agree that one is superior to the other or one better than the other. It also means that God would give preferential treatment to one gender excluding the other. if the bible is telling you to treat others as you would like to be treated, is that not equality? So where do you men stand in this issue? Why are you all confused? No one is superior to the other yet both are not equal still? How does that make sense?

Yyou guys are reaaaaaallllly confused. NOW I UNDERSTAND FEMINISM MOVEMENT.

1 Like

Re: Equality In Not Always Justice by bukatyne(f): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2014
alutacontinua:
Male and female:
Same? NO
Equal? YES
Gender roles are totally welcome in my world, cos we are not made the same way and no matter how hard we try, the hormonal differences always have a way of differentiating us.

2 things don't have to be the same to be equal.
2 #5 noted are not the same, but equal to 1 #10 note.

Apart from the grammartical something in the opening post, I totally agree with the concept cool

Did not even see this earlier

A similar example was churning in my mind while the trend was trending

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Husband Shocks Wife Who Wanted To Spend More Time With Her Bestfriend(video) / Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.