Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose (722 Views)

N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security / Why Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure is better Than Buhari's Almajiri Economics / Ekiti: Fayose Outlines His Agenda, Insists 'stomach Infrastructure' Is Paramount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose by T4taiwo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has defended
the new office created by his administration.

Addressing Journalists at the national secretariat of the
Peoples Democratic Party, Thursday, in Abuja, Fayose said
stomach infrastructure is a social security.

The governor, who likened stomach infrastructure office to
what is obtainable in Britain, said the office will address the
welfare needs of the people of Ekiti State.

He said, “I have set up a department and I have appointed
Special Adviser and Personal Assistant on Stomach
Infrastructure and same will be in all the local government
areas. So, my style without apology is that stomach
infrastructure is a way of life for me, I will relate well with
my people to alleviate poverty and hunger.

“Stomach infrastructure is very important in the life of a
man. If you look at Britain, as rich and as comfortable as
they are, in the entire time, they find their way to address
the issue of the poor and less privileged people in their
country by what they call social security.

“Food is a social security, you can’t be talking to a hungry
man, he would be distracted by any means. So, when we say stomach infrastructure, it is a welfare programme, a
programme that would keep the heart of a man stable.”
Fayose further noted that the indigent in the state will
benefit from him during the Christmas celebration.

“Christmas is coming and I have started grooming chicken,
buying rice, yams, plantain, and the rest of them, I am sure
if I give it to families during the festive period, they will be
happy. So, stomach infrastructure is a way of life,” he added.

Commenting on why he condemned the governors lodge
occupied by the immediate past governor of the state,
Kayode Fayemi, he said, “The welfare of the people in a
society and environment of poor people matters and that is
why I condemned the governor building a house of
N3.3billion for his personal comfort, it is not nice and it does not make sense.”

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/stomach-infrastructure-is-a-social-security-fayose/
Re: Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose by Nkemadim(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
The only governer in Nigeria to mention social security.
Re: Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose by chinwike2(m): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
The Fashola article on "stomach infrastruture" which was meant to insult Fayose is rather an insult to the MILLIONS in lagos slums that go to bed on an empty stomach. fashola should rather place physical insfrastruture side by side with his "stomach infrastruture article", lagos needs a FAYOSE in 2015
Re: Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose by ba7man(m): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
"Give a man fish and you feed him for the moment.

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life".

Fayose is just trying to justify his mediocrity and the like minded mediocres cheer.
Re: Stomach infrastructure is a social security – Fayose by oduastates: 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
chinwike2:
The Fashola article on "stomach infrastruture" which was meant to insult Fayose is rather an insult to the MILLIONS in lagos slums that go to bed on an empty stomach. fashola should rather place physical insfrastruture side by side with his "stomach infrastruture article", lagos needs a FAYOSE in 2015

Most of those million in lagos slum can go back to where they come from.
Their poverty was not created in lagos. They should go back to where it was created. There is enough to cater for odua state citizens.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Secretariat Reportedly Attacked In Gombe By Boko Haram / A Top Politician In Delta Stripped By Prostitutes / Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria – President Jonathan Or Boko-haram? By Toyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.