Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,612 members, 7,827,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security (20380 Views)

Thousands Storm Abuja To Demand El-Zakzaky's Release (Photos) / Fayose At Zenith Bank To Demand For His Money (More Photos) / IPOB Members Protest In The Streets Of Japan To Demand For Nnamdi Kanu's Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by ochejoseph(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2015

There was a mild drama when a large number of women yesterday besieged a bank in Funtua, Katsina State to demand payment of N5,000 social security for the poor and unemployed Nigerians that was promised by the All Progressives Party (APC).

The women, who started trooping to the bank’s premises as early as 7:00am, alleged that they heard an announcement over the radio that the federal government had concluded plans to pay the money. One of the women said she was told that processes of the payment had commenced in the bank, Daily Trust reported.

One of the women who simply gave her name as Sa’adiyya, said: “A friend of mine informed me about the development last week. She said I should come here with my national identity card. She said when I come I will be given a form to fill.”

When contacted, branch manager of the bank, who sought anonymity, said he was not aware of such payment. He added that the bank was not carrying out any registration exercise aside the Bank Verification Number (BVN) as mandated by CBN.

“We are not holding any registration regarding the N5,000 social security as they claimed and I think they mistook the BVN forms we are distributing to our customers as forms for the money. There is no basis for their claims; the women are only working on rumours,” the branch manager said.

Daily Trust saw the bank officials and policemen trying to persuade the teaming women to leave the bank premises and stop obstructing banking activities.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had in the last two weeks at the 10th year anniversary lecture of Crescent University Abeokuta hinted that there were ongoing plans to implement one of their campaign promises of paying N5,000 each to the poorest Nigerians across the

http://expressng.com/2015/06/n5000-for-the-poor-katsina-women-storm-bank-for-to-demand-apc-social-security-pledge/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Firefire(m): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2015
You see...

26 Days! no cabinet yet

26 Days! we are yet to know when the payment of the 5k will begin.

APC which way ?

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Empty promises
Dis is what happens wen a man talks too much even before he tinks
Buhari was just "flowing" during campaign and he didn't realize dat all dis promises is never possible
#babasweetmouth

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2015
campaign politriks
APC used it as a trick

cc lalasticlala

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Firefire(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2015
ochejoseph:

There was a mild drama when a large number of women yesterday besieged a bank in Funtua, Katsina State to demand payment of N5,000 social security for the poor and unemployed Nigerians that was promised by the All Progressives Party (APC).

“We are not holding any registration regarding the N5,000 social security as they claimed and [size=15pt] I think they mistook the BVN forms we are distributing to our customers as forms for the money[/size]. There is no basis for their claims; the women are only working on rumours,” the branch manager said.

Daily Trust saw the bank officials and policemen trying to persuade the teaming women to leave the bank premises and stop obstructing banking activities.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had in the last two weeks at the 10th year anniversary lecture of Crescent University Abeokuta hinted that there were ongoing plans to implement one of their campaign promises of paying N5,000 each to the poorest Nigerians across the

http://expressng.com/2015/06/n5000-for-the-poor-katsina-women-storm-bank-for-to-demand-apc-social-security-pledge/

Interesting days ahead as most Nigerians are reading APC campaign promises line by line...

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by funlord(m): 9:17am On Jun 24, 2015
grin
Wetin dey worry these "mumu hajiyas"! Dem never hear say even states no fit pay workers salary? Better go and continue 2 fast and pray 4 naija at home oh! That 5k fit be 2nd term project!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by adonismuller(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2015
I pity anyone who believes politicians especially APC.

How can you believe a party made up of Tinubu,Obj,Atiku,Amaechi and co..I mean these guys are international known thieves.

Well, the deceits from politicians will continue until Nigerians stop being gullible. How can someone promise to pay you 5000 a month and you believe when they can't even provide electricity,security and employment or pay their state workers salaries?

In two years time people will know what APC really are!

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Firefire(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2015
funlord:
grin
Wetin dey worry these "mumu hajiyas"! Dem never hear say even states no fit pay workers salary? Better go and continue 2 fast and pray 4 naija at home oh! That 5k fit be 2nd term project!

I don't think Nigerians can wait till 2nd Term to get all the promises ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by kekakuz(m): 9:23am On Jun 24, 2015
No government in their right senses will hand money to the poor.
you will only make them poorer and the rich will get even richer.

use this money to build industries or large farms where they can come work and get paid and be productive.
better still hand them coupons for free food at gov accredited restaurant

28 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by wisefizz(m): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
funlord:
grin
UH

SEBI NA WETIN UR GOVERNOR PROMISE THEM.... AND PROMISE IS A DEBT....

3 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by ShowYourCertificate: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Scam grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by nwana1: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by onyeguy: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Ok
Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by MizMyColi(f): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
They should exercise patience.
Change N5,000 is here.
Change N5,000 will get to them.

It will start with the people of Daura.

19 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
[size=15pt] All of una done enter one chance tongue tongue[/size]

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by xynerise: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Promises are not guaranteed in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by jejemanito: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2015
The level of illiteracy in the north is scary

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by BarryX(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2015
That is what you get when lies are used to twist the gullible. Probably, some fools up north, voted Buhari cos of some mirage 5k

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by UnknownT: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2015
Katsina women? Make dem go keep vigil for Buhari village nah. Daura no far from Katsina

7 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Dekatron(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2015
#oneChance

now,am a seer. I told my brother that by ending of june, people will demand for the 5k. He said : IRO NI(its a lie).

APC has scammed gullible people. Sheybi they were talking like their tenure would print money and money would drop from heaven. Now, they are talking shii.t

barcanista, pls talk some senses to APC boys.

8 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Pope22(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
Am even tired of waiting for the free food also sef

8 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by anonimi: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
No pinshures...

3 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by vizkiz: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
you see? go school them no go hear...see as they go fool themselves for bank! grin

8 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by omisakint: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
Change is confusing

2 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by thefakestan: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
You don chee chointin

We need u to keep up with your campaign promises oh, Pa Buhari! And stop telling us story story!!!

ThefakeStan
Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by kelvz(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
"I think they mistook the BVN forms we are distributing to
our customers as forms for the
money".

the power of rumor...

2 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
People struggling for 5k while less than 500 people want to spend 150 billion naira in a year.

There is no justice in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by daikale: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
hmmmm.
stop giving me fish but teach me how to catch fish. empowerment is what they need

2 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by Mogidi: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2015
Is the payment going to start from Buhari's home state?

6 Likes

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by atiakatata: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2015
The alamajaris Parasite Terrorists are now openly and shamelessly demanding money coming from Niger Delta. wtf . . . Hw can we take money from Ughelli and take it to pay people in Yobe all in the name of One Nigeria. Thats criminal. Do they give Biafrans their Tomatoes for free?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N5,000 For The Poor: Katsina Women Storm Bank To Demand For APC Social Security by obaede: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2015
Urgent Vacancy: One of the Five Star Colleges in Lagos State is in need of Bursar/Accountant. kindly submit your CV now at Pillars Private College 27, Mary Street, Bako Estate, Irawo Bus Stop, Mile 12-Ikorodu Road, Lagos. Or thepillarslagos@yahoo.com For more info: 09097244837
www.nairaland.com/2401012/urgent-vacancy-lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima Visits Scene Of Suicide Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / Lagos Judge Reads Ruling In Darkness As Power Went Off In Courtroom / Akeredolu: I Am Still In The Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.