Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency (13772 Views)

Nigeria GDP Confirms What Central Bank Denies: Naira Hurts / Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
ademega:
This what am saying GEJ is trying . Imaging
This will make my article a complete one now ... Make i add am .

He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .
Pure Sarcasm grin
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ademega(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
GDP is growing
PDP is lying
masses are Shaking head
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ademega(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
GDP is growing
PDP is lying
masses are Shaking head
God is watin for judgement day
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Scout60(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
ayukdaboss:

The only way we can move this country forward is by saying things how they are instead of being blinded by political bigotry.
Oya stay nd say t d way they are
Meanwhile I proud to b self employ. I am proud to pay tax

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Our GDP is growing....because the oil price is high.

For true and proper GDP growth....Nigeria must industrialize.

Once upon a time, we had high GDP....that was until 1982....when the oil price collapsed. And we went back to square one.

Oil is a curse.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Scout60(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
is that how they just start business ... will the banks grant him facilities if he request for loans , if they do ... whats the interest rate . in the usa you mentioned you can get facilities to support you ... pls there are some comparism we should not

in business, u must start small. Who on earth just wake nd started a business without starting small. So u are waiting 4 govt nd banks to give u capital b4 u start a business.
If mark was waiting 4 govt nd bank money, will he found facebook
Start from somewhere nd grow
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
voltron:
m0r0ns. GDP rising!?.. Oil exports accounts for more than 90% of Nigeria's GDP so what the heck are you talking about.. What happens when Oil prices drop.. Nigeria's economy is doomed. Oil Revenues drive National Budget not Agriculture or Automobile Industry, definitely not TECHNO phantom phones our jobless youths scramble for. Oil revenues hit the Federal Level directly and are disbursed from that point. this is why there is no trickle-down effect.. no development. you think all the dangotes alakijas otedolas IBBs will care about you.. they care about their profit and will never invest in your development

Exactly...the rise in GDP is oil based.

But look at countries like South Korea....who in 1958 had a GDP behind Senegal.

Today South Korea is far ahead of Senegal, and Nigeria...because of two things.

1) Limited resources...which forced them to invest heavily in education....especially the problem solving bit.

2.Companies who had to invest in local technology....because the South had nothing.

But in Nigeria....since independence....we just sell raw materails....and use the thing to import thigns we should be maufacturing.

In the North....the shortwave radio is king.

Why hasn't some Northern conglomerate manufactured ' Gaskiya radio sets'?

Because it is so much easier to import radios from China than make our own.

In the South, motorcycles are supreme.

Why hasn't some innovator been building 'Shango motorcycles' ?

Because....(you know).

And as a result there are no jobs...and plenty of kidnappers, Oil bunkerers, Bokoists, etc...

Because one thing our oil rich economy has taught us....we should value education as a means of getting short cuts to sharing the money...rather than solving problems in our immediate locality.

A lot of Nigerians may cal me unwise....

but as for me....even though an indigiene of an oil producing state....OIL IS A CURSE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Scout60:

in business, u must start small. Who on earth just wake nd started a business without starting small. So u are waiting 4 govt nd banks to give u capital b4 u start a business.
If mark was waiting 4 govt nd bank money, will he found facebook
Start from somewhere nd grow
stop ranting business like you have been doing it since the time of jesus .... is it every nigerian that have access to the kind of money needed to start a business or is it in your house you will start a business . there are people who live less on a hundred naira per day in naija , with no help from friends and families ... how do they start . if everybody in naija owns a business who is going to work for you in your business . please there are things we should look into properly before we just rant entrepreneurship. dont you need capital to start small . even the microfinance banks dont just give you facilities.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
So, we want Nigeria's GDP to rise?

Well,as you know...I do not rejoice at the news that our GDP is rising( We all know it is because of oil).

Well, here is the road to a proper GDP rise.

1.First, we have to correct the notion that we are a rich country. We are not. We just produce oil in amounts less than that of the UAE...and we have to share it amongst 170 MILLION people (while the UAE has just 8 million folks).

2.We have to end the fuel subsidy, take 30% of every state's allawi, and increase taxes on every multimillionaire in Nigeria...and use the money for extra spending on technical education, power , public transport, and health.

3.We need to encourage more young people to go to techncial school. Because strong nations have a high number of qualified technicians. Weak nations just have overpriced clerks.

4.We need to get every state to use their resources to develop industries....that would produce world beater goods and serivices. The North can develop a biofuel and industrial chemicals industry from the waste generated by maize production every year.(as an example)

5. We need to really really deal with corruption. One thing I don't like about Nigerians is that they attack corruption when it is not theit tribe or religion. The corrupt affect all of us.

6. We need to change our mentality. The Govt does not owe us a living. We should use our education to solve local problems. It is on that simple note that many companies that are today's global leaders started.

Nigerians....better sit up...and stop parading those over-bloated certificates you call degrees or diplomas. Use that education.

Oil is a curse.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
Scout60:

Oya stay nd say t d way they are
Meanwhile I proud to b self employ. I am proud to pay tax
an employee pays tax also .
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by kennosklint(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
eunisam:
They is no tricle down effect in Nigerian development. What happens to poverty? What happend to unemployment? The GP rise should reflect on unemployment and poverty.
ur talk nor make sense jor...deris job go nd find ursef one...no country in dis wolrd dat can guarantee her citizens job opportunities...so learn hw 2 appreciate
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by micolaj: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
ademega:
This what am saying GEJ is trying . Imaging
This will make my article a complete one now ... Make i add am .

He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .
Fuel price has been reduced to N65, housing problem is now a thing of the past. APO GARRI is N1500, I sold my UPS becos light dey 24/7, what about Anti-corruption war, stella oduah is now serving her term in kirikiri, pen robbery is a taboo, armed robbers have been disarmed, all fed. Univer. are equiped, we no longer feed ourselves alone, we are now feeding the continent of Africa, there are numerous developments waiting to be mentioned, health,transportation,finance,tourism e.t.c. have been massively transformed.sport sector is bagging trophies like ETISALAT AWOOF CREDIT. RIDE ON THE TRANSFORMATION VEHICLE. GEJ till 2019. If hate this post, you are part of saTANic team.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by jamesbawa(m): 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
o2k:
True. The only reason why the GDP is still growing is because the insurgency is in the north- east, where they contribute very little to the nation economy. We all can still remember how the economy fared when there was unrest in the south-south.

60% of d food in nija is from there
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
kennosklint:
ur talk nor make sense jor...deris job go nd find ursef one...no country in dis wolrd dat can guarantee her citizens job opportunities...so learn hw 2 appreciate
well he can vandalise pipeline as a job ... how do you see that ?
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Emilliw3m(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Wow
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by o2k(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
jamesbawa:

60% of d food in nija is from there
Where did u get this figure from. can u at least say how u arrive at that 60 percent figure. If u stats were correct, Nigeria would be having food crises by now and food prices would have skyrocketed so pls get ur facts right
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ademega(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
My brother , achievements are just too much. He must be from another planet we dont even know off . SaTAN group need to add more .
micolaj:
Fuel price has been reduced to N65, housing problem is now a thing of the past. APO GARRI is N1500, I sold my UPS becos light dey 24/7, what about Anti-corruption war, stella oduah is now serving her term in kirikiri, pen robbery is a taboo, armed robbers have been disarmed, all fed. Univer. are equiped, we no longer feed ourselves alone, we are now feeding the continent of Africa, there are numerous developments waiting to be mentioned, health,transportation,finance,tourism e.t.c. have been massively transformed.sport sector is bagging trophies like ETISALAT AWOOF CREDIT. RIDE ON THE TRANSFORMATION VEHICLE. GEJ till 2019. If hate this post, you are part of saTANic team.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
o2k:

Where did u get this figure from. can u at least say how u arrive at that 60 percent figure. If u stats were correct, Nigeria would be having food crises by now and food prices would have skyrocketed so pls get ur facts right
not all the northern states are having security challenges . majority , dunno the percentage of agricultural produce are from the north.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
ademega:
My brother , achievements are just too much. He must be from another planet we dont even know off . SaTAN group need to add more .
the fresh air is so cool ... we breath in naira and exhale dollars.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by kennosklint(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
well he can vandalise pipeline as a job ... how do you see that ?
lol na u knw dat one ooh...anyway na way baba
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
kennosklint:
lol na u knw dat one ooh...anyway na way baba
anyway is not way ! young people plus decent jobs equals growth and development . when one is missing we go no where . there are no decent jobs for the youth , thats my point.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by o2k(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
not all the northern states are having security challenges . majority , dunno the percentage of agricultural produce are from the north.
My post was refering to the North-east alone
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
With more investment in the agric sector,Nigeria will be set to achieve greater GDP which will translate into.employment opportunities and.well.being of its citizenry.
Check my articles on the agric.section on how to make money and create wealth for yourself.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by tonte(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
could easily mean the affected states usually never add anything to national GDP growth in the first place, that's obviously with complete economic stagnation or even retardation in those areas, the rest of the country is still accelerating, even if it's doing so really slowly
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
kendrick93:
Jona is d man.. whether by hook or crook he will/must be d president cum 2015... Gej till 2019, #teambringbackjona#

What do you mean by "by hook or crook"?

Some of you Jonathan supporters are just sorry cases.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by kennosklint(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
anyway is not way ! young people plus decent jobs equals growth and development . when one is missing we go no where . there are no decent jobs for the youth , thats my point.
well with tym nd God on our side we will get there...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ademega(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
I can't laugh , i can't even wait to vote this presidential mistake out !
majekdom2:
the fresh air is so cool ... we breath in naira and exhale dollars.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by OmoUSH(m): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nigeria's GDP increasing with poverty since 16th CE sad
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by eunisam: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
kennosklint:
mr.job creator,how many people have u employed?
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
“Nigeria is achieving 7.4 per cent growth of the GDP (Gross Domestic Products) every year for six years consecutively in spite of terrorism.

7.4% growth every year for 6 years
so lets say GDP in the 0th year is 100
first year it will be 107.4
second year 115.3
third year= 123.8
4th year will be 132.96
5th year = 142.8
6th year = 153.3

given that it is increasing by 7.4%, by the 6th year,
it would be at the rate of 10.6% if it were 6 years back

an increase in prices of local products and services will cause an artificial increase in GDP
this is definitely reflecting in the GDP published by the NBS

no doubt that without insurgency, the increase would have been higher because more foreign investors will be involved than we already have.
if we have a stable power supply, that figure would be higher because the average man on the street will put back the extras they use for fueling their generators to their businesses and it will grow.

If we have a very sensitive government, who puts the welfare of it's citizens first , this country will work.
we need this man out of office come 2015.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by johnbuck81(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
post=27615922:
Ok....But when are you bringing our girls back?
why did APC collabo with bokoharam to take our girls?
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by kennosklint(m): 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
eunisam:
mr.job creator,how many people have u employed?
wit tym I will creat nd also employ,hope u ar doing dat too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairabet Agent Wahala / IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide / Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.