Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! (8381 Views)

Photos Of Okorocha, Emeka Ihedioha & Jonathan: Caption Them / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rochas Okorocha And His PDP Rival Emeka Ihedioha / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by gabriel212: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Balkan:
are you sure you have not gone mad
Y WILL YOU ASK AN APPARENT MAD MAN IF HE IS NOT MAD?
IT IS WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM THAT HIS MADNESS IS INCURERABLE!
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by cyberguy72(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
justhelp:
what does the constitution say about governor changing from one Party to the other like mimiko? Pls tell us
AMAECHI NKO?
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by Melancholy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Since there's division in the party tambuwal is on course!
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by baralatie(m): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
LMAyedun:
The case of a Governor is quite different,because of their immunity. And the fact that APC, LP or APGA has refused to take action against their lost members, doesn't mean PDP can't... The constitution is very clear on this.
Tambuwal is no longer a member of the House of Rep not to talk of being the Speaker.

gbagaun!he walked straight into the trap.
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by dat9jaguy(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
LOC1:
I just went through my copy of the constitution and I've come to realise that Tambuwa has breached section 68 (TENURE OF SEAT OF MEMBERS) sub section g: which states that 'being a person whose election to the house was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that house was elected;
provided that his membership of the latter party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored

If i may ask why is Ondo state speaker still holding his position and we all know there is no crisis in the Labour party.Don't let emotion cloud your
reasoning.
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by MudRaker: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Balkan:
are you sure you have not gone mad

yorubas advocating for ab0ki since creation

slave
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by dat9jaguy(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
LOC1:
I just went through my copy of the constitution and I've come to realise that Tambuwa has breached section 68 (TENURE OF SEAT OF MEMBERS) sub section g: which states that 'being a person whose election to the house was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that house was elected;
provided that his membership of the latter party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored

Why was ondo state speaker not told to leave the state assembly?And the Labour party in not even in crisis.
Don't let emotions detract you from the truth.
Re: Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! by Sejj(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2014
justhelp:
what does the constitution say about governor changing from one Party to the other like mimiko? Pls tell us

The constitution is silent about any member of the executive arm of government that changes political party while still in office, which means they can get away with it but spells out penalty for any member of parliament (federal or state) that does same, except the conditions of Section 68 (1) (g) are met. This is premised on the fact that in reality, it is political parties that are represented in parliament and not the individual. The individual holding a seat in parliament is only doing so as a representative of the party under whose PLATFORM he/she was elected. Hence the concept of majority and minority in every parliamentary house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obono-Obla: Coalition Writes Buhari, Faults ICPC’s Media Trial / Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months / Happy Independence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.