Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra (13089 Views)

Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny / Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar / Mujahid Dokubo-asari , Ex-warlord Warns Of S.nigeria Backlash At Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

That's from an Nri website on their history..
You can go to the Ata's palace at Idà to confirm it kos as a researcher, I've gone there and they corroborated the Nri account. This is one of the reasons why people from the omaabala and nsuka cultural areas of Igbo land say ,"Egbuchagodu Igbo niile,Igbo ka foro n'Igala" (even if you kill all Igbos, there's still a remnant[Igbo] in igala).
As for the Bini own,ask around bro grin make inquiries wink

Guy, your falsehood is getting tiring and nauseating. It is sad that an adult like you can engage in deception. Please read about the history of Igala people here: Your Nri website story is a huge fallacy.

The Origin and Development of Igala People

The actual origin of the Igala people is not quite known. Different people present manyversions of legends of immigration There are claims, for instance, that the Igala people came from the Jukun (Kwarara/a), some says Benin, others Yoruba. Yet, others feel they migrated from Mecca (Southern Yemen) or Mali.

In the past, the reigning Atta, His Royal Majesty. Agabaidu (Dr.) Aliyu O. Obaje, had. for instance, explained: "the !gala came from Southern Yemen, passed through Ethiopia (where there is an ethnic group called the Gala) and through the (medieval times} Empire of Mali, to Jukun land; then finally, to our present location." In another instance, the Atta said that the Igala "came from the Arab country of Yemen and were in the present Nigeria at the same time as the founding fathers of the Yorubas, the Jukuns and the Beriberis or Kanuris Bornu. He also maintains that the earlier migration into Igalaland was at "about the 12th century A.D.... led by Amina, a Zaria princess and warrior. who fought her way to Idah ... with Hausa and Nupe followers.

Certain traditions even hold that the Igala are of Fulani origin, simply because of the similarities in their physical features. It IS clear that Fulanis do not speak a Kwa language. And owing to the linguistic affinity, others affirm the Yoruba connections. For Byng Halt notes that, "It is not surprising that within a short period of arrival in Igala land, a Yoruba is well acquainted withthe language.” He attributes the ease in learning the language to the closeness of the two languages. Armstrong sticks to this same view when he said: "the most definite historical statement that can be made about Igala is that . they had a common origin with the Yoruba and that the separation took place long enough ago to allow for their fairly considerable linguistic differences. There is a whole corpus of oral traditions on the origin of the Igala people.

While this study did not engage in any detailed criticism of the diverse opinions on the Igala origins. it gave a thorough look: at certain inescapable facts, These intricate issues were pin-pointed in order to allow us take a solid stand.

The view that Princess Amina of Zaria led the very first migration into Igalaland in the12th century does not hold water. This is because Queen Amina was a 14th C figure and history has it that the Igala people were already settled in this area and were relating socio-culturally with the Igbos right from the ,7th and 9th century A.D. Moreover, the obvious absence of a legend relating to this princess and warrior .in Igalaland is a clear indication that it might not be true afterall that she actually reached Igala land. Stories on Igala Benin war and Igala-Jukun war, for instance. are very popular. The near dead silence on an Amina war leaves room for great doubts. Niven argues against the presupposition that she died at 'Atagara' (that is ldah) when he said: "she died at Atagara, probably a place iii the Gongola valley then under Kwararafa, not Idah. which is now known as Atagara.'
http://www.igalaassociationusa.org/about-us/history-of-igala-kingdom/
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
splashbaby:
But why are igbos like this? They tell white lies about their past and future...and some foo.ols will believe this akpu deprived clown thinking it's fact... This indiscretions is getting out of hand, soon these confused Jews wanna be will claim the whole world.
Bido bewe akwa..

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by splashbaby(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

Bido bewe akwa..
eranko lasan lasan.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Guy, your falsehood is getting tiring and nauseating. It is sad that an adult like you can engage in deception. Please read about the history of Igala people here: Your Nri website story is a huge fallacy.

You're still reverberating at my frequency cheesy so where's your confusion coming from?
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by splashbaby(m): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

You didn't understand that proverb.. The presence of kings in western Igbo land, Onitsha, Arochukwu,Nri should tell you otherwise.
What that means is that everyone is a lord to himself and his wife and children.and even though kings maybe present, they'd not dictate to you how you run your life.
As for the ancient Biafran empire, it was ruled by the first men or the ancients, whom were known in their native tongue as Ndi Gboo(the ancient ones).majority of present day Igbos descended from those ancients with the remainder coming from outside.
Mad man, list the names of Eze that ruled... No records of Ezes but you have history. You are seriously running amok, foolishly endowed with inanity.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

You're still reverberating at my frequency cheesy so where's your confusion coming from?

Haba! Bros, na you put confusion inside your brain, now! shocked shocked You think say we no sabi say na you get problem??!

And na God I take beg you, I am way above your frequency . We are not on the same level at all. I stand for truth, while you thrive in falsehood. angry

Your lies, deceit and pathetic attempts to distort history are just NOT working. Give it up (yawn..)
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Haba! Bros, na you put confusion inside your brain, now! shocked shocked You think say we no sabi say na you get problem??!

And na God I take beg you, I am way above your frequency . We are not on the same level at all. I stand for truth, while you thrive in falsehood. angry

Your lies, deceit and pathetic attempts to distort history are just NOT working. Give it up (yawn..)

OfoIgbo its good you're here..
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

OfoIgbo its good you're here..

EwuIgbo,you are welcome...
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by DonXavi(m): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
J
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

EwuIgbo,you are welcome...
Why are you hyperventilating
I called an expert on Nri affairs and you're running wild angry
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

Why are you hyperventilating
I called an expert on Nri affairs and you're running wild angry

Re-ea-ally??! I don't want that title, please. You can hold on to it!
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by coolscott(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Yereba maggot on the loose claiming SS!!
[size=13pt]Sorry it kills you to know I am from the south-south. [/size]
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by hmmph: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
cheruv:

That they bear Yoruba names and do all those Yoruba things you listed doesn't make them Yoruba. Its just like the Taiwanese and the Chinese,the Monegasque and the French or the Saudis and the Yemenis.
They're not the same bro! wink

What you said does not support your point at all. I mean you do realise that many of these ppl are descendants of one another e.g. the ppl of Monaco are descendants of French ppl, you realise that right? Not all of course. And in fact many Taiwanese ppl descend from Chinese ppl hence their similarity with Chinese ppl. Obviously they don't like to be called Chinese doesn't change the fact that China is their root

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Government: Saraki Has No Legal Right To Disputed Ilorin Land / Bonny Island/ Ndoki / Fayemi: Buhari Administration Knows What To Do To End Insecurity In 17 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.