Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life (19814 Views)

How Was Service In Uni? Enlighten The JJC / Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance / Nysc For Part-time Students Of Lagos City Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos the land of hustling.

If u no sharp u no fit survive!

Nice story!

In other news, vote and support Jennimma for miss Nairaland

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by DJMONACO(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2014
eko na sharp man's city.
make mistake and give bus conductor #200 nd xpect change in order of #20,u can tell d rest.
center of excellence
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by livinbygrace: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Yes oo.No Lagos no Nigeria !

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by merieam16(f): 11:30am On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos such an intrestin place,buh afta my nysc in d FCT, I just couldn't go back 2 lagos cos i wasn't used 2 d stress again undecided

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Maczeelly(m): 11:31am On Oct 31, 2014
Alrite
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Whizzdom(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2014
Hustling tins now
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2014
LAGOS IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE

I PRAY I'M STILL ABLE TO COPE WITH ITS HUSTLES AND BUSTLES WHEN I LEAVE BENIN

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by keg90(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2014
O boy na hustling things for lagos o
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Lagusta(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2014
maclatunji:

LOL. You have 2 choices:

1. Stay away from Lagos

2. Come back to Lagos.

The choice is yours.

if i have to ever come to lagos, it'll be for family visits, attending confrences, etc....

And i'll likely travel with my car....

I dont think i'll ever settle down in lagos again...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by condralbede(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos life is fun....hustle continues

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2014
[size=16pt]LAGOS NA WA ![/size]

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by austinbrown: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2014
Ngwa road Aba all d way
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Dreyl(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2014
Lasgidi a city of hustle and bustle..

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omexonomy:
Lagos is a place where people who dont take their bath and smells like soakaway patrol the streat. A place where touts are lord and king even police do give them chance. A place where the poor people spent more on partying. A place where laziness is hiGhly rewarding.
stale.

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by charlesopp(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Same lagos a 'blind" man crossed the xpress without a guide..

I hail
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Enosa1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
I nor know were lagosians dey hurry go, maybe na grave...lol.#teamBC

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by sunnshyn(f): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos, the city that never sleeps...very accomodating city, irrespective of your tribe you are welcome to Lagos.

Lagos teaches you survival and toughen you up.

I lived all my life in Lag, went to varsity in Delta and served in Oyo. I remember vividly after staying in Delta State for 6 straight months and then decided to travel back to Lag, when I got to the famous Ojota, o boy! I didn't understand what was happening. I remember asking myself-"why all this noise" and rush?
'Cos in Ibusa, when you want to board a bus to Asaba or Onitsha, the bus driver will be so patient, in fact even wait for you to finish taking your bath and no one in the bus will complain. Try that in Lagos!

I stood by Ojota waiting for a bus to Mile 2, I heard a 'conductor' calling something, but really I didn't understand...ha! Shey no bus to Mile 2 ni? Until I asked another agbero, he called me a JJC and pointed to a bus directly in front of me...I laughed eh...

The hustles of Lag, may leave you for a while maybe when you relocate, but the true spirit of Lagos never leaves...Lagos's spirit is with me when I visit MTN taxi Rank in Johannesburg, Joburg as we call it, reminds me so much of Lagos, just like Lag, you can buy everything off the streets, from vegetables, to pomo to seasoning, to china clothes, okrika clothes, Plasma TVs, EVERYTHING at cheap prices. Joburg is worse than so many places in Lagos...if you think we have good pickpockets in Lagos, wait till you vist Joburg town...I'm always on guard anytime I find myself in Joburg..'Cos I've lived in Lagos all my life!!

Lagos, the city of my birth...I miss you jor!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by 100Cents: 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
I no like Lagos ooo...
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Benbisco:
Abeg, no hard feelings, but this stuff is too long. We dey office o make una dey post wetin we fit read sharp sharp before our ogas see wetin we dey do.

grin Babe, you get am!
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by ElekeNtioba: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
I actually tot dis thread was some islamic bullshit padlocked with d usual stone-age refrains considerin d OP. I guess he's not seeing his 'Bin Laden' period today.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by LaurelP(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
Selfish city filled with selfish, uncaring, mean, I don't care people!

But I'm still living in it.

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by geophysics(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
merieam16:
Lagos such an intrestin place,buh afta my nysc in d FCT, I just couldn't go back 2 lagos cos i wasn't used 2 d stress again undecided
Yes too much free lunch n free lift caused it.

3 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
having spent 16yrs of my life in Lag before proceeding to the university...it became a place of visit during holz.
I can emphatically say___I can never base in Lagos except na Central Bank Work go carry me go theregrin

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by fireforfire: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Story for the gods..how much will the OP pay me if I read all these write up??

HMmmmmm I can bet u that 90% of people that open this page dnt read ur writeup complete.....

(Learn to post in summary)

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by sconp: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Sunnycliff:
Lagos, city of The idle Who pretends to be busy! I detest living in those shackled areas. Life is too precious to be abused! Team PH city
you ain't got the answer bro, idle? A person who hasn't seen others farm would say his father has the biggest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nonybb: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos is an Igbo State Our People made it that way

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by sconp: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omexonomy:
Lagos is a place where people who dont take their bath and smells like soakaway patrol the streat. A place where touts are lord and king even police do give them chance. A place where the poor people spent more on partying. A place where laziness is hiGhly rewarding.
you think? Whats ur experience?

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by shevon: 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Why? undecided
lordhugo:
Lagos na hard place o! Too fast paced for me!

I love my warri! High energy but much slower.

But queen Rozzay will do her best to make Nairaland a SOFT/EASY place! grin

Vote rozzay for miss Nairaland!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/mexk3232og3f7h6clxo4nvx4cjqjfwr01109878[/img]

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos is not for Lazy and dull people...... It's for hustlers and street -smart people and It's relatively cheap to stay in Lagos compared to PH and ABUJA.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by omicron(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
A place I could visit once in a while.

But to base and raise my family there? Very very hard.

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lasgidi cheesy

#SinCity tongue

#CityOfGrind...cool

Doing my best to avoid it but I'm gradually losing d battle embarassed

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Omimah: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
englishmart:

Unlike other states, if you enter Lagos, there is no sign board that reads "welcome to Lagos. Instead this is what you see.
"This is Lagos. Shine your eyes." LOL
I think nobody is welcomed there. Anything you see, take am so
What about the statutes of the three white cap chiefs that used to be in Bergar Junction along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Corpers Personal Charity Foundation Project / We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp / Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.