Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life (19820 Views)

How Was Service In Uni? Enlighten The JJC / Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance / Nysc For Part-time Students Of Lagos City Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by charlesopp(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nobleval:
stale.

u dey mind am
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Omimah: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omexonomy:
Lagos is a place where people who dont take their bath and smells like soakaway patrol the streat. A place where touts are lord and king even police do give them chance. A place where the poor people spent more on partying. A place where laziness is hiGhly rewarding.
I understand what you mean, but you should have been sensitive to realize Igbo people are also there. They even claim to make up over 40% of the population.

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by nwaobitex: 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
lasgidi
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by englishmart(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

What about the statutes of the three white cap chiefs that used to be in Bergar Junction along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway?
I'm not based in Lagos. So I no nothing about that. My previous post was based on what a friend told me.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Melancholy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagusta:
Lagos, my birthplace...

But when i came down to ilorin for studies, i'm scared i may not adjust to the hustle and bustle like before...

I remember when i was in secondary school, pursuing molue, trying to hook up from PWD to agege, i cant forget those days....

Now the cool ilorin life don spoil me, wetin i fit do now
bro ilorin is so cool to stay only when u have money nio
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by JayJustus(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos is my Lagos...no matter how fast paced life is it's still top notch... best restaurants, world class hotels, #1 tourist destination in W.Africa... what more ?? I've had Zimbabwean friends tell me that Lagos is like when you fast forward a movie but it's still has a special place in your heart...not hating on other states we are still Nigeria but ain't no other state better than Lagos...HUSTLE IS REAL!! money is in the drainage as foreign workers in Lagos say!!

2 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Skimpledawg(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Plz o Oga Seun shuld consida employin anoda 'super Moderator" specifically for summarizing long epistles such as dz b4 it makes FP!!

#if mah Oga for work catch me nw, wetin ai go xplain? undecided
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Obinovictor(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
englishmart:

Unlike other states, if you enter Lagos, there is no sign board that reads "welcome to Lagos. Instead this is what you see.
"This is Lagos. Shine your eyes." LOL
I think nobody is welcomed there. Anything you see, take am so

I bet you've not been to Lasgidi before

4 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by genxris: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Story for the gods..how much will the OP pay me if I read all these write up??

HMmmmmm I can bet u that 90% of people that open this page dnt read ur writeup complete.....

(Learn to post in summary)
If you didn't read it completely , I read everything in the story, it's time we Nigerians start getting used to long articles and writings , this idea of making everything a shortcut is not good especially if you are a student.

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by genxris: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
Benbisco:
Abeg, no hard feelings, but this stuff is too long. We dey office o make una dey post wetin we fit read sharp sharp before our ogas see wetin we dey do.
If you are in the office, you really don't need to read the story now, you can do that after work.... Nigerians are always looking for shortcuts to everything and I don't think it should come into our educational sector.
Readers are learners and how do you learn reading and writing skills with summaries?

4 Likes

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by londoner: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lagos would be so much better, if only something were done to reduce the daily stress.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by donshaddow(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
sunnshyn:

When I visit MTN taxi Rank in Johannesburg, Joburg as we call it, reminds me so much of Lagos, just like Lag, you can buy everything off the streets, from vegetables, to pomo to seasoning, to china clothes, okrika clothes, Plasma TVs, EVERYTHING at cheap prices. Joburg is worse than so many places in Lagos...if you think we have good pickpockets in Lagos, wait till you vist Joburg town...I'm always on guard anytime I find myself in Joburg..'Cos I've lived in Lagos all my life!!

Lagos, the city of my birth...I miss you jor!!

Never believed someone cud speak my mind just like you did. When I got to joburg I was so surprise dat I named a street (De Villiers) Idumota. Cos you wud hear all sort of Nigerian language especially igbo.

I just settled in easily cos I was born and bread in Lagos... I hustled all through my life so adapting in a foreign land wasn't so hard but it was difficult cos its still a foreign land.

I can beat my chest dat some of you guys reading dis post wouldn't survive for 3 months cos the life here is just like a bullet train... Before you say "Jack" its month end and landlord will chase u out if you don't pay and will also seize ur property ( dat na if you have any).

You pay about 40k naira for just a room and its monthly.

I can't want to come back to my darling Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
angry angry undecided
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by coronaprof(m): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
Eko akete. ile ogbon

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by phollybee(m): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
I won't mind Staying in Lagos though.... Buh I av no Idea of where to reside and d job to do being an hustler but in a new environment like Lagos...I will be Glad to put me tru
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
welcome to lagos
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by sunnshyn(f): 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
donshaddow:

Never believed someone cud speak my mind just like you did. When I got to joburg I was so surprise dat I named a street (De Villiers) Idumota. Cos you wud hear all sort of Nigerian language especially igbo.

I just settled in easily cos I was born and bread in Lagos... I hustled all through my life so adapting in a foreign land wasn't so hard but it was difficult cos its still a foreign land.

I can beat my chest dat some of you guys reading dis post wouldn't survive for 3 months cos the life here is just like a bullet train... Before you say "Jack" its month end and landlord will chase u out if you don't pay and will also seize ur property ( dat na if you have any).

You pay about 40k naira for just a room and its monthly.

I can't want to come back to my darling Lagos.

Nigerians representing us all over...Joburg majorly Igbos, in fact some South African women who live and has interacted with Nigerians will greet you in Igbo. Come to Pretoria Sunnyside, its Yoruba all the way...Centurion, Midrand and its environs Edo guys with heavy pidgin and edo accents...I love my people..

I laughed out loud at the part of landlord chasing you or ceasing properties.. SA just like any country has its good sides...work your way through, my best bet is academics, get your PR and you start paying bond on your own home...

No place like home(Lagos) all in all...
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
adedayourt:
If you can survive in lagos you would survive any where in the world.

#fact

Even if u find yourself in hell, its gonna be a life goes on senerio lipsrsealed

Told them brother , told them oooooo. Lol grin
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by adedayourt(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
andyallor:

Told them brother , told them oooooo. Lol grin

Am tolding them and they are readed it

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by ionsman: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
obeenah40:
.LAGOS IS OVERRATED

#TEAM PH
PH is grossly overrated.......I live there mind you.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by vacant06(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
One thin I enjoy most abt lagos is the club life if u nor get money u ar on ur own
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by yokiti: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
There is a common saying that " Early to bed, early to rise" but in Lagos its "Late to bed, early to rise".
Èkó àkéte ìlú ogbón!!!
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by merieam16(f): 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
geophysics:
Yes too much free lunch n free lift caused it.
lol
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by vickyO(f): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
After Living in Abuja for over seven years, Lagos has lost its appeal to me. I doubt if I'll be able to live there again only if as someone pointed out, a beautiful career facilitates the relocation.

But putting all sentiments aside, Lagos is a city that leaves a great impression on you and its memory lives long in the hearts of its visitors and dwellers. It's the melting pot of the Nation and a place where survival is key.

I'm happy I was born and bred in Lasgidi, it allowed me have a fantastic childhood in its Mainland and a beautiful adolescence in its suburbs.

As the musician, I.K. Dairo said in his song, Eko ile ayo which means Lagos is a desired place. And truly it is.

So let's say a big Amen to this Lagosians' favourite prayer, Eko oni baje o.....

@ Texanomaly, thanks for the share.

1 Like

Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lasgidi is military, you gotta be a soldier. It’s tough living in Lagos, (just like it’s tough being in the military) so you’d have to develop the skills of a soldier to be able to survive out there.

I miss Lasgidi like Kilode!
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Godson201333(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
I rep Lagos,The city of hustlers and with common sense ,,You can survive in lagos
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by donshaddow(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
sunnshyn:

Nigerians representing us all over...Joburg majorly Igbos, in fact some South African women who live and has interacted with Nigerians will greet you in Igbo. Come to Pretoria Sunnyside, its Yoruba all the way...Centurion, Midrand and its environs Edo guys with heavy pidgin and edo accents...I love my people..

I laughed out loud at the part of landlord chasing you or ceasing properties.. SA just like any country has its good sides...work your way through, my best bet is academics, get your PR and you start paying bond on your own home...

No place like home(Lagos) all in all...

Lol...

Thanks know all the deals but....

We'll chat on that...

Sent you a pm... Send me ur bb pin..

Have a gud day.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by ewizard1: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
LASGIDI - City Of Hustlers

Glad n Proud to be Here!
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Lagusta(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Melancholy:
bro ilorin is so cool to stay only when u have money nio

my oga its not always true ooo...

Food here is cheap, transport is da bomb (compare taxis to danfo, and its 50 naira a trip except the distance is far), cost of living is very very low (a room self contained here could be as cheap as 36k a year)

ilorin make sense ooo, in fact, alot of peeps are now migrating here!!!
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by domido(m): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
maclatunji:
I have lived virtually all of my life in Lagos but I found it hard to readjust after spending a year away because of NYSC. So, I can imagine how this guy feels about the city.
av also been finding it hard adjusting in Benin where i am. Misin lasgidi like kilode.
Re: JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
My Dad stayed in Lagos and Never liked anything about it. So he came to Abuja and this is where I was born and bred... Abuja peeps... Spending FG's money since 1772.
Abeg count me out of anything Lagos o. Either am in abj or oversees or my village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Corpers Personal Charity Foundation Project / We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp / Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.