Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. (27758 Views)

Know The Condition Of Every Organ In Ur Body / Oouth Development Project / Teens Accused Of Beating Disabled Woman : How Appalling! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by rigarmortis: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
philtrum:

He took overdose what he is expressing now is the side Effect

I concur
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sagamite:

No wonder Patience Jonaadaft runs to Germany for treatment, while pendusky, mopolchi and their fellow fuuktards pray for her while she is there. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1056780/nairaland-prayer-network-patience-jonathan

Black baboons! grin grin grin grin grin

In fairness to our leaders and their relatives....the reason why they go out for treatment is simple.

Solving the problem of bad hospitals in Nigeria would involve spending more money.

At which point, we have to accept that we do not have enough money....because we are a resource dependent economy with a large population.

Which leads to the solution of increasing hospital fees in government hospitals, removing the fuel subsidy to fund health care(among other things), turning teaching hospitals into public private partnerships....and spending more money on training medical staff.

We may also have to build more teaching hospitals...at least five per state.($3million for each one).

The point of my long story is that we no longer have enough money for subsidized health care. Ultimately, we would have to industrialize so that we have a super duper GDP that will enable us to fund hospitals properly (and build more...and make our own hospital equipment like MRI machines, etc). Or we would have to tell 140-150 million Nigerians that they are not Nigerians anymore...and spend the oil money on the remaining 10 Million. Or we have to raise fees and taxes.(And deal with corruption.....which is a serious problem....but it would only make things slightly better).

The reason why your leaders go out? Because you Nigerians won't let them make the hard choices that they need to make to improve our health care. You want cheap....from a pot of money that is less than what the UAE makes from oil per annum. Yes, the UAE , Libya and Saudi Arabia are doing well from oil....and they all have populations less than 10 million people(ok Saudi has 11 million).

Until Nigeria industrializes....and gets a UK like GDP.....your dream of good and nice hospitals can only be achieved by paying more money.

(In case you are wondering....this is not a defence of the Govt, or the PDP or the APC.....just a realistic assesment of health care funding in brief.).

P.S....OAUTH ile ife Budget: $11 million.
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, US :$750million(that is the research budget)

1 Like

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sagamite:

But we have enough money for Goodluck Jonaadaft and Adoke to help convicted criminal Dan Etete loot the country of $1.1bn, and then the same fuuktards would the tell the legislators to allow Nigeria borrow $1bn to fight Boko Haram so the future kids of Nigeria will pay for it?

But we have enough money to hire private jet to fly money in suitcases?

But we have enough money to allow oil-bunkerers to illegally siphon $5bn worth of oil annually?

But we have enough money for a minister to buy 2 BMWs for $1.6m and the moronic President sees it as no big deal?

But we have enough money for President Jonaadaft to give out gold-plated iphones at his daughters wedding?

And then when the thieving fuuktards and their wives get ill, they rush to sane countries to treat themselves while they leave people like pendusky's mother to rot in hospitals we do not have enough money to equip?

You think these fuuktards like Jonaadaft have intentions of improving the healthcare system?

I can't speak for the intentions of the PDP government towards our health care system....but as a medic, I know it would cost far more money than you can conceive to make our hospitals work.

And the painful thing is that much of the equipment used in our hospitals that are a key part of that process would have to be imported.

Which is why, when you critique your government, don't critique them for ''stealing''....critique them for not doing enough to make our economy industrial....and less dutch diseased.

(In fact, the painful thing about corruption in Nigeria is that they are stealing from a diminished pot of gold).

The problem with Nigeria since independence is that it has been resource dependent....and resource dependent countries are not rich nor are they economic success stories (unless they have small populations). But unfortunately,most Nigerians think otherwise.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by chrysla: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
cry cry sadnawaooooooo chaiii deir is God.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sagamite:

I know it would cost. I am an expert in everything about business including costs and I have highlighted this before:

https://www.nairaland.com/154942/believe-free-healthcare-all-nigerians/2#4213102

What I was alluding to in my post that you quoted is that the healthcare system is in a mess, caused by heartless people who then run abroad for treatment while the same people they are destroying their lives like pendusky and mopolchi pray for them and would vigorously fight others for not praying for them.

In a country where national health budget is just short of the monetary cut of the President and Chief Justice ($300) in a crooked oil payment to a convicted criminal, we can say "yes, it would cost a lot but what we have at the moment is no where near what we can have with the money the country has without any resort to increase in taxes".

What do you mean by don't critique your government from stealing?

@bolded....I don't mean ''stealing in Nigeria is good''....I mean that if we have an economy that was less reliant on oil, and more reliant on industry and investment...that would make the government more dependent on taxes and revenues from individuals and industries....and as such would spend more on attracting more investment....and on making sure things work...thus there would be less incentive to steal...because corruption would lead to investment drying up....and thus the government's revenue stream drying up. (That is why China cracks down on corruption so hard....they know that corruption keeps the investors away...and leads to mass unemployment and dry government coffers).

Even if we stopped them from stealing....we still would be left with our dutch diseased economy....reliant on how the oil price falls or rises....and that is a mess.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by helen4(f): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
It will be better if you can find a way ogre taking ur mum to a safest hoapital now. I said it earlier that they won't want progress . It's funny that they even borrow lamp from patients to deliver pregnant woman. Don't know whatz wrong with that system.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Sagamite(m): 4:02am On Nov 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

@bolded....I don't mean ''stealing in Nigeria is good''....I mean that if we have an economy that was less reliant on oil, and more reliant on industry and investment...that would make the government more dependent on taxes and revenues from individuals and industries....and as such would spend more on attracting more investment....and on making sure things work...thus there would be less incentive to steal...because corruption would lead to investment drying up....and thus the government's revenue stream drying up. (That is why China cracks down on corruption so hard....they know that corruption keeps the investors away...and leads to mass unemployment and dry government coffers).

Even if we stopped them from stealing....we still would be left with our dutch diseased economy....reliant on how the oil price falls or rises....and that is a mess.

This is what corruption does to you when you try and diversify the industry and increase investment:

http://www.punchng.com/news/weve-tackled-corruption-in-agric/

“Between 1980 and 2010, over N873bn ($5.4bn) was spent on fertilizer subsidies. No more than 11 per cent of farmers received these fertilizers. Over N776bn ($4.8bn) was estimated to have been lost to corruption or an average of N26bn ($162.5m) annually. The system displaced the private sector.”

1 Like

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by josite: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
and kessignton with all his money will go and repair unilag medical centre while his OSUTH next to his house stinks and SUBOMI BALOGUN with all their moneys cannot support OSUTH meanwhile AMOSUN kept on spending billions of naira on the sagamu bridge/road that cannot link sagamu with ikorodu and yet 24 7 praised to high heavens ON OGTV.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by helen4(f): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
@josite. They are not interested in things that will not profit them. India and Germany is there for them now.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by topicalmaster: 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
TOKUGAWA:
I was opportuned to visit the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching hospital shagamu Ogun state,o check on my mum who was about to have a Mastectomy surgery.What I saw was beyond pathetic.

I must say OOUTH is an eyesore. I would never pray my enemy visits that place. If not for the fact that the procedure can't be performed in my mum's hospital (NNPC Medical centre Mosimi shagamu). I wouldn't allow her stay a single night there. Stinking and extremely dirty.

The Nurses are very mean and unfriendly,u get to pay for everything from using of toilet and bathing. Power is never available, to use the generator the patients have to contribute money for fueling. You can queue upto 6 hours just to see a doctor.

Mosquito nets are either torn or non-existent. Over grown weeds have taken over the hospital, each block is run by a Petrol generator. Patients on admission have to beg the nurses before they can attend to them. The roofs are falling, the risks of infection is very high here.

The commissioner for health in Ogun state is the son of Wole Soyinka, I'm wondering what the governor does with the state's funds. Despite boasting of record revenue in the history of the state.

Can't imagine a whole Teaching Hospital can be this pathetic, infact I'm so embarrassed to be from Ogun state. Something has to be done, at night its flash lights galore, all the workers at the hospital owns a flash light because never expect power at night.

OOUTH is a glorified General Hospital, infact some general hospitals in Osun and Ondo state are far far better than OOUTH.

Hey bro. I ll like to get some info from u. Can u mail me pls zimzee2002@yahoo.com or let me have ur email addy. Tks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Have You Used To Clean Your Ear? / 7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count / LSDPC Staff, Akinlolu Ajayi Tried Jumping Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.