Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House (27326 Views)

Senate Will Reconvene To Consider Ministerial List — Saraki / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2014
spankyflex:
you didn't answer the question what APC would have done if it was the reverse

That is a very silly question.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by dlox147(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Isiterere:

why are you guys shallow in knowledge and credible information?
FYI, the Senate is also resuming by December 4th, so spare me any idea of him being selfish.

When has it become the duty of Nigerian Police to arrest a thief and sentence such a thief to prison without a trial in a law court.
Who empowered the Nigeria Police to interpret the Constitution ?
Like Sanni Abacha like GEJ.

ALL IZZ WELL
mr information!!! the senate is resuming on the 4th of Nov. Do you need to intepret the law for the police to arrest you if you are guilty of stealing??

4 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by o2k(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Ebola is raging in west africa,
Insecurity in the north-east,
Oil prices going down,
Elections coming up next year,
There are several bills to pass ranging from the PIB to ammendment of the constitution.
With all these things, they still choose to go on a break for a whole month, then later on the 15th of december they would close for the year and then resume so close to the begining of the election.
How did we come about this set of people as our leaders?. People that have no foresight and no passion to serve. These people milk our earning as a nation dry through payment of salary, allowances and fictious contract, but still, these men and women with so much wrong has supporters who would wave their flag anytime anyday.
Our leaders, have made us blinded by making us partisans, thinking one party is good, while the other is bad. They have divided us along party lines so they could rule over us just as the time of colonialism where they used divide-and-rule-tacticts.
If only we can come together with one voice and say to this devils that enough is enough, Nigeria would be great again.
ARISE OH COMPATRIOTS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ekhai(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Bukina Faso in my mind. Power belong to the people.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Omimah: 8:19am On Nov 01, 2014
PDP will be disgraced whenever the House reconvenes, whether next week or December 3 because northern members in PDP will prefer Tambuwal to Ihedioha.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2014
The only thing has brought since conin to power 15 yrs back is division,hatred,corruption,poor electricity and bh war
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Isiterere(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
mr information!!! the senate is resuming on the 4th of Nov. Do you need to intepret the law for the police to arrest you if you are guilty of stealing??
who empowered the Nigeria Police to interpret the constitution?

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by dlox147(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2014
Isiterere:

who empowered the Nigeria Police to interpret the constitution?

ALL IZZ WELL
please mr man who enforce's the law? the Nigerian police has said they consulted the relevant agencies before carrying out the decision to withdraw their men. so bro chill

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by maestroferddi: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

You are making no sense here.

The sequence of events only proves PDP and its leaders to be imprudent and only cares about holding on to power at all cost but unfortunately, the era of having monoppoly over the national assembly is gone. There is a strong and formidable oppposition.

PDP can rant and fume, but at the end, RHON Aminu Tambuwal will still remain speaker because PDP does not have what it takes to impeach him. tongue
Who is talking impeachment?

Tambuwal is only a de facto speaker. He has vacated the office on grounds of legal and constitutional technicalities.

The PDP are meeting him in court so let's see who laughs last at the end of the ensuing legal fireworks.

FYI, your so-called formidable opposition will wilt as soon as Jonathan expectedly wins re-election next year. There and then, the in-thing would be who gets anointed as Jonathan's successor since the PDP would zone the Presidency to the north come 2019.

Dey dia dey blow grama...

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by shaqhead: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
morbid:
I was just wondering what OBJ would have done to Tambuwal,if he were to mess with him this way. But,look at Jonathan and the PDP,running helter skelter. Does it mean that they can't come up with one plausible bribe accusation or something,just to mess Tambuwal up?? This reminds me of Senator Adolphus Wabara.
With such a comment plus 4 likes...hmm..we r in serios trouble in ds country. So u prefer d path of illegality jst to achieve ur selfish aim? I cant imagine someone in ds 21st century gushing about an OBJs administration preposterous tendencies to trample on democratic tenets at will. I ask again why resort to undemocratic means to achieve an aim?

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by yemobrown(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
Tambuwal's timing was just wrong. And for those shouting, do you think taking the resumption date to dec 3 was a wise move?? cos of his selfish interest you decide to slow the pace of governance in Nigeria?? when we have dwindling oil prices and need to review the budget benchmark if need be, the PIB and other important issue and you guys(tabuwal supporters) choose to to be comfortable with his selfishness...

May God's wisdom rest upon you forever. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Ayed44: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2014
morbid:
The North is actually anti-GEJ.
there is nothing like "the north" anymore. This is not 1956, we are now in 2014. Please take note!

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by payne4real(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2014
morbid:
I was just wondering what OBJ would have done to Tambuwal,if he were to mess with him this way. But,look at Jonathan and the PDP,running helter skelter. Does it mean that they can't come up with one plausible bribe accusation or something,just to mess Tambuwal up?? This reminds me of Senator Adolphus Wabara.
You just expressed it!
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Isiterere(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
please mr man who enforce's the law? the Nigerian police has said they [u] consulted the relevant agencies [/u]before carrying out the decision to withdraw their men. so bro chill
Alien?

You and I know fully well, their relevant agencies here is the Presidency.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Descartes: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
And he doesn't cease being the speaker I hope you will cease breathing...

Jonathan is a sentimental novice. He'd be taught what real politicking is in this episode.
Were you not among those that were ranting and quoting the dubious section of the constitution that only 2/3 of the Senate can remove Sanusi
Where is he now? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2014
They should please reconvene the House. The former Speaker's COUP has failed. Signs of how they will RULE us.

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria Democracy is laughable. Mimiko Defect
from
labour party to PDP,his security details were
beefed up
and added. Ohakim defect from PPA to PDP,it
was
democracy at work. Yuguda defect from ANPP
to
PDP,he was celebrated. 5PDP Governor defect
to
APC,PDP is paying the court to declare their
seats
vacant. Now Tambuwal has left PDP for
APC,The
president has ordered the withdrawal of his
security
Details. What kind of democracy is this? Does
Nigeria
Constitution only permit PDP to receive
defectors? PDP
as a party is a liability to Nigerians

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Isiterere(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
please mr man who enforce's the law? the Nigerian police has said they consulted the relevant agencies before carrying out the decision to withdraw their men. so bro chill
Interpretation comes before enforcement dude.

Who interpret the constitution for Nigeria Police to enforce ?
Even if GEJ want to play dirty, he should play it legally; he swore to protect and preserve the constitution.
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Don't worry , what happened in
Burkina faso will soon happen here
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by awoononi(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Were PDP reps sleeping when Tambuwal adjourned proceedings? Why didn't they move against him then? Make them go sleep jare till december 3.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by IYANGBALI: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Kai I love this,this is the bestest news I have ever read on NL,I love and enjoy it when there is confusion in the midst of criminals. Let the breakdown of law and order begin in the house and may the centre never tongue
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by idris4eva(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2014
These what will called POWER BLOCK in management...where some big folks can just influence the decision of anoda.pdp has been desperate since 1998.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by omenka(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Descartes:

Were you not among those that were ranting and quoting the dubious section of the constitution that only 2/3 of the Senate can remove Sanusi
Where is he now? grin grin
Would you kindly stop spamming my mentions?? You re becoming irritating?? Earlier you said something I never said, I asked you to show me where I ever said such and you went "blablabla". Now u are here again saying rubbish. Don't you have better things to do

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by IYANGBALI: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2014
profjustine458:
Don't worry , what happened in
Burkina faso will soon happen here
a very loud and big ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen to that

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Descartes: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
Would you kindly stop spamming my mentions?? You re becoming irritating?? Earlier you said something I never said, I asked you to show me where I ever said such and you went "blablabla". Now u are here again saying rubbish. Don't you have better things to do
I should be asking you that

You can't make a comment and expect not be quoted angry

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
maestroferddi:
Who is talking impeachment?

Tambuwal is only a de facto speaker. He has vacated the office on grounds of legal and constitutional technicalities.

The PDP are meeting him in court so let's see who laughs last at the end of the ensuing legal fireworks.

FYI, your so-called formidable opposition will wilt as soon as Jonathan expectedly wins re-election next year. There and then, the in-thing would be who gets anointed as Jonathan's successor since the PDP would zone the Presidency to the north come 2019.

Dey dia dey blow grama...

On which legal ground did he vacate his office? So far, the PDP has made no attempt to go to court because they know it will be a futile attempt unless you mean the constitutional interpretation by Chief Justice IGP Abba Suleiman of the supreme court which gave him the power to withdraw the security details of the speaker.
My guy, the PDP has lost it. No amount of "tactical manuever" will make them get the seat of the speaker.

As for future elections, let Nigerians decide whether to allow the PDP to continue with their destruction, or the APC that signifies hope of the common man.

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by adetboy: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Plus, are Hon. Farouk Lawan and Hon Hembe still in that House? grin
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ayindejimmy(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
tonyot:
Tambuwal made a very big mistake. No matter how smart he thinks he is, one thing that is certain is that "You can't fight the power that be".
Gej till 2019
and what or who is the 'power that be,' Gej, PDP or the Constitution? All i see here is PDP fighting and twisting the Constitution as if its nt Written. Speaking tentatively that if the Speaker were to be ill won't they recovene? These people must be intoxicated with power. Is the Speaker sick!?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by IYANGBALI: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
profjustine458:

Nigeria Democracy is laughable. Mimiko Defect
from
labour party to PDP,his security details were
beefed up
and added. Ohakim defect from PPA to PDP,it
was
democracy at work. Yuguda defect from ANPP
to
PDP,he was celebrated. 5PDP Governor defect
to
APC,PDP is paying the court to declare their
seats
vacant. Now Tambuwal has left PDP for
APC,The
president has ordered the withdrawal of his
security
Details. What kind of democracy is this? Does
Nigeria
Constitution only permit PDP to receive
defectors? PDP
as a party is a liability to Nigerians
gbam. Triple gbosa
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by omenka(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2014
Descartes:

I should be asking you that

You can't make a comment and expected not be quoted angry
k.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by IYANGBALI: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Ayed44:
there is nothing like "the north" anymore. This is not 1956, we are now in 2014. Please take note!
really?abo-ki will surprise you
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by dlox147(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2014
yemobrown:

May God's wisdom rest upon you forever. Amen
Amen my brother wish you same... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja / INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election 2020 / EndSARS: Rauf Olaniyan Joins Protest, Says He Was A Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.