Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House (27336 Views)

Senate Will Reconvene To Consider Ministerial List — Saraki / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2014
GEJ and PDP had been tolerating Tambuwal's insult and betrayal for so long but finally defecting to APC and still want to retain his position is an audacity taken too far which no party can bear.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by maestroferddi: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
I have always maintained that someone obviously tampered with the psyche of the PDP guys. They are not smart, not strategic, not logical but represent everything stupid and clueless.

They can't win this battle. APC Own them
It might interest you to know that the PDP have planned their courses of action beforehand.

They couldn't have been taken by surprised at Tambuwal's defection as the speaker has been carrying on with his sundry anti-party activities. They were ready for him.

I believe Jonathan will sort Tambuwal out once and for all to show who really calls the shots.

Let him and APC bring it on!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ozo13(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2014
BlackPeni5:
The house should be reconvened because an extraordinary event (defection of a serving speaker to a minority party) has occurred.
someone is crying here.pele grin
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2014
maestroferddi:
Stop making noises.

Nobody is supporting impunity but I wonder what you expect the PDP to do when Tambuwal decided to take laws into his hands.

You need to show us the propriety of Tambuwal choosing to treat the lower chamber of our legislature like his personal fiefdom.

Can you reverse the scenarios and imagine what the APC could do if a speaker elected under her platform elected to treat his colleagues like impressionable little kids in announcing his defection accompanied immediately by shutting down the house with the drop of the gavel?

The PDP would be daft to pander to Tambuwal's whims and caprices...

Stop being emotional here.

The actions of the speaker can in NO way be described as taking the law into his hands. The speaker did not trample on any part of the constitution. He was only a step ahead of the PDP.

The PDP as the ruling party should pay according to the rules,eventhough we all know it's a lawless party, and not take the laws into their hands. The presidency should not meddle into the affairs of the national assembly. If they want the speaker kicked out, it should be through a legal means.

As it stands, the PDP is telling us the country has no Speaker, and that is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by atinukedam(f): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

PDP politicians are naturally daft and can only exist in a country filled with clueless People.

Such abuse of power, denigration of the Nigerian constitution by the evil PDP is enough reason for the people to push the out of power.

Only lower animals will see nothing wrong with the actions of the executive in this matter.
am vry sure u re frm Arewa people's congress

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Osakah24(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2014
The constitution of nigeria is very clear in section 68 sub section 1g abt this issue. why are we crying foul?.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by BetaThings: 7:30am On Nov 01, 2014
thekingsmen:
Let the games begin...... but one thing I theKingsmen know very well is that before this year runs out Amino Tamumuwal must cease to be the speaker. The blacksheep has eaten more grass than he can chew...
I really pity this country given the number who think like you
Adadevoh died because she was personally rich but her country is institutionally poor!
How many Americans have died from Ebola?

It took president Jonathan 3 weeks (Jul 20 to Aug 11) to speak out about Ebola and another week later to meet with Govs
On Tambuwal, he has moved within 24hours

Nyanya bomb blast - Jonathan attended a political rally within 24hours
He did nothing on the Immigration employment scam and deaths

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ccwizard: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
Tambuwal's timing was just wrong. And for those shouting, do you think taking the resumption date to dec 3 was a wise move?? cos of his selfish interest you decide to slow the pace of governance in Nigeria?? when we have dwindling oil prices and need to review the budget benchmark if need be, the PIB and other important issue and you guys(tabuwal supporters) choose to to be comfortable with his selfishness...

Most sensible comment so far. I can't think of any country where their house of reps will adjourn sitting for up to a month because of party primaries. Wetin concern us with party primaries wen there are urgent matters that needs to be addressed. With less than 6months to go, they should focus on passing bills dat will strengthen and move the nation forward and nt decamping from one party to another because of selfish interest.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by BetaThings: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2014
atinukedam:
So Chief Oyegun is now Arewa? Tinubu is Arewa?
This politics of tribalism is easy to start but it does not end well
Look at Lebanon and its history
I am quite sure that you are happy that Jonathan retained Abba Moro as Minister even after he practically murdered many Nigerian youths
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Isiterere(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2014
dlox147:
Tambuwal's timing was just wrong. And for those shouting, do you think taking the resumption date to dec 3 was a wise move?? cos of his selfish interest you decide to slow the pace of governance in Nigeria?? when we have dwindling oil prices and need to review the budget benchmark if need be, the PIB and other important issue and you guys(tabuwal supporters) choose to to be comfortable with his selfishness...
why are you guys shallow in knowledge and credible information?
FYI, the Senate is also resuming by December 4th, so spare me any idea of him being selfish.

When has it become the duty of Nigerian Police to arrest a thief and sentence such a thief to prison without a trial in a law court.
Who empowered the Nigeria Police to interpret the Constitution ?
Like Sanni Abacha like GEJ.

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2014
RedBenson:

I am no supporter of APC or PDP but why is it obvious that once PDP member defects to another party, that person must be under serious war?
I dnt think so, there is no war here, We are just asking and bidding tamumuwal to take the right,moral and constitutional action and that is --Stepping aside from the speakership as he by his defection has lost the right and legality to remain same... In conclusion let a chairman, councillor or govenor in any of the APC major states decamp to PDP, then you REDBenson will see the real war and politics of bitterness. APC does that better..

4 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2014
atinukedam:

You are obviously from People Destruction Party!

Please get off the sinking ship and join the Progressives.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by mechanics(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2014
chukwudi44:

There are merely enforcing section 68 of the constitution. Tambuwal is no longer the speaker and is in no position to reconvene the house
are u d judge?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by gr8femfred: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2014
Well it shows the level of ur thinking,i don't knw ur age but with ur comment am too sure u can't add value 2 dis great nation...all we need is justice if ppl can decamp 2 PDP and d airport can be open bcus of him and ppl decamp 2 APC and his been treated like a slave. As urself dis question can't u chose political party of ur choice? I CRY FOR OUR YOUTH COZ D LEVEL OF DECTATORSHIP IS TOO MUCH...
thekingsmen:
Let the games begin...... but one thing I theKingsmen know very well is that before this year runs out Amino Tamumuwal must cease to be the speaker. The blacksheep has eaten more grass than he can chew...
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Ferdinandu(m): 7:40am On Nov 01, 2014
tunwumi:
This will dent the bad image of GEJ more as he is seen as anti northerners.

But do we still have a constitution in this nation.
Oh I guess it's PDP 's constitution that they are applying.

This is not a smart move at all for them.
Which Anti Northerners? Is Amechi a Northerner?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by castancassy2(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:

Why is President Jonathan and PDP wasting their time? They have been trying every means to frustrate Tambawal-though Illegally but it ends up vindicating him. I suggest that the APC Reps Institute Impeachment proceedings against Mr. Presdent.
That should shake him off
Do u tink Apc hav d number to impeach president. Can reps alone impeach president? Have u seen in nigeria were president is impeach? so my dear, keep dreaming. Is time to wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by maestroferddi: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

The actions of the speaker can in NO way be described as taking the law into his hands. The speaker did not trample on any part of the constitution. He was only a step ahead of the PDP.

The PDP as the ruling party should pay according to the rules,eventhough we all know it's a lawless party, and not take the laws into their hands. The presidency should not meddle into the affairs of the national assembly. If they want the speaker kicked out, it should be through a legal means.

As it stands, the PDP is telling us the country has no Speaker, and that is ridiculous.
You are not being bright, as it were, here.

A good strategist doesn't win by propaganda but would balance their actions against simulated reactions.

The problem with APC and her supporters is the predilection to repeat basic mistakes. You are up against a leviathan in the form of PDP so why not do your homework before confronting the forces of denudation? How many times have APC started ill-prepared and ill-conceived ideas and processes only to be soundly beaten?

So in your imagination you thought that the PDP was caught unawares by Tambuwal's actions?

So what does the sequence of events since the defection tell you?

7 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by VAQAXY: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2014
This is a welcome development. An individual cannot hold the entire country and the House to ransom just because of his personal gains..

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2014
BetaThings:

I really pity this country given the number who think like you
Adadevoh died because she was personally rich but her country is institutionally poor!
How many Americans have died from Ebola?

It took president Jonathan 3 weeks (Jul 20 to Aug 11) to speak out about Ebola and another week later to meet with Govs
On Tambuwal, he has moved within 24hours

Nyanya bomb blast - Jonathan attended a political rally within 24hours
He did nothing on the Immigration employment scam and deaths
give kudos to the federal government for fighting ebola effectively and quit this sensitionalization. The same america and other world health agencies hasve praised Nigeria on its all encompassing and fast response in halting the assumed epidemic that was forcasted to clear off and affect massively lagos and other parts of the country. Adedevoh and all other health workers remain heros and in the course of duty we sometimes meet our demise, may her gentle soul and the souls of all the faithfuls departed remain restful in peace amen..

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Anny45: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Can't people comment without name calling? It is sad that we the youth don't have anything to learn from all these. These man are enjoying their lives at the expense of our economy and amassing wealth for their 20th generation,yet unborn,building empires and all we the youth do is to sit and argue about who is right or wrong. Leaders of tomorrow indeed. We can't come together and demand our right,instead we sit and complain with no impact. If we continue this way,one day we wil wake up and Nigeris is gone,God help us!

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by roxell120(m): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2014
may what happened in 1966 not repeat itself IJN.na so e take start oo.senate resuming Nov 4 and rep a month after throws up a lot of questions.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
And he doesn't cease being the speaker I hope you will cease breathing...

Jonathan is a sentimental novice. He'd be taught what real politicking is in this episode.
you Omenka think you know it all

But my friend just relax keep poppong ur champagne and wait till the end of this year. If by then tamumuwal is still the speaker then I will accept you as a better political analyst.. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by smartigo: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2014
I need someone to interpret that section 68 Which is a constitutional order without the house convening to implement it?

Who has the right to enforce that, the police or the executive committee of the House?

Can a speaker lose his seat without impeachment or resignation?

If by virtue of defection, positions can be lost, what happened to the case of lawmakers that defected earlier this year and Atiku when he did?

Who gave the order for the Police to withdraw their orderlies? Isn't this an illegality in itself if the Police is interpreting the Law.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by idumuose(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Am I the only one who is not surprise that this Thread makes it to the FP within few minutes of creation while loads of sensible ProAPC threads are detained in Politics section?
Everytime front page wahala.Dem take frontpage swear for una?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Osakah24(m): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria wont change if all we do is call people dirty names when their views go contrary to ours. No state in Nigeria allows the opposition a breathing space, Edo,Kano, Rivers, Enugu,Delta, Karina.Its the same every where. The judiciary is the cause of all this political imbroglio,Interprete section 68 sub section 1g and all these defection nonsense will cease.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
No! U ar wrong. The blacksheep has rather eaten his portion of the grasses , and has decided to join 'cows' in eating theirs. This is how smart animals behave.
This is a war pdp cannot win.
the black sheep then must be ready to jostle with the cows when the LIONS come calling.....

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by MrKevinBig(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Desperation kills!! cool cool. Wait I de cum
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by clemzo101(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2014
I just don't know why all APC members are rebels yet u guys expect to win. I will never give my vote to rebellion party........My bible even said it clearly that rebellion is worse than witchcraft. Smh for u people.......we never talk anything dis one don dey wish me dead. I reject it in Jesus Name.
Akingbiz:

You are the bigger fool if you don'nt know. Hear it from me first, if he is a e-rabbit then u are an e-fool. The PDP u support we make u die this year. Say amen. MuMu.

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by spankyflex(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2014
irunobo2:
REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND
madam r you for real?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2014
maestroferddi:
[s] You are not being bright, as it were, here.

A good strategist doesn't win by propaganda but would balance their actions against simulated reactions.

The problem with APC and her supporters is the predilection to repeat basic mistakes. You are up against a leviathan in the form of PDP so why not do your homework before confronting the forces of denudation. How many times have APC started ill-prepared and ill-conceived ideas and processes only to be soundly beaten?

So in your imagination you thought that the PDP was caught unawares by Tambuwal's actions?

So what does the sequence of events since the defection tell you? [/s]
You are making no sense here.

The sequence of events only proves PDP and its leaders to be imprudent and only cares about holding on to power at all cost but unfortunately, the era of having monoppoly over the national assembly is gone. There is a strong and formidable oppposition.

PDP can rant and fume, but at the end, RHON Aminu Tambuwal will still remain speaker because PDP does not have what it takes to impeach him. tongue
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by stnwani(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
This means war.The judiciary should make an elucidative explanation over dis Tambuwal defection.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by spankyflex(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

you didn't answer the question what APC would have done if it was the reverse

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Orders Sureties To Appear In Court To Explain Kanu's Non-appearance / Governor Bello Condemns Burning Of Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects / Why I Didn’t Attend Independence Day Parade – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.