Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? (2087 Views)

What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady / Did Michal (Saul's Daughter) Have Any Children Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2014

even the educated ones

two of my Senegalese male friends in my school already have children
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
good question
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
good question
smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
I don't know, I find it disgusting and I get annoyed when I see a young guy have a child out of wed lock compared to a young girl
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
That's a generalisation......
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
onila:
I don't know, I find it disgusting and I get annoyed when I see a young guy have a child out of wed lock compared to a young girl
not disgusting, but weird .having children can't be disgusting
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
Fulaman198:
That's a generalisation......
ooo my dear you deeply know that a Fulani like you is rare talkless about a girl
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
ooo my dear you deeply know that a Fulani like you is rare talkless about a girl

OmarBah and Bororojo are the same way lollllll
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

OmarBah and Bororojo are the same way lollllll
that was not the point .most fula @ you guys age are already married with children
and omarbah is younger
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by JiggamanGh: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
onila:

That's a funny statement
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Mrval20(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
I've noticed it too and there's nothing annoying about it. In fact, I plan to get married as soon as G-d blesses me with the required resources.
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mrval20:
I've noticed it too and there's nothing annoying about it. In fact, I plan to get married as soon as G-d blesses me with the required resources.
are you Jewish?
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Mrval20(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
are you Jewish?
Yeah, a follower of Kabbalah and Jewish mysticism to an extent.
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
that was not the point .most fula @ you guys age are already married with children
and omarbah is younger

He is your age maybe slightly older
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
if you have achieved your educational goals, financially sustained with gainful employment, then what else are you waiting for. you can get married and have all your kids, for a less stressful future- so why waste time doing virtually nothing..... (that is the point of view for many)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Bororojo:
if you have achieved your educational goals, financially sustained with gainful employment, then what else are you waiting for. you can get married and have all your kids, for a less stressful future- so why waste time doing virtually nothing..... (that is the point of view for many)

See CameroonPride/Camnewton4pres, I'm not the only Fulani man out there with this thought process, there are others out there with this mindset as well.
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onetrack(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Be careful about stereotyping. I know Senegal extremely well and there are a lot of Senegalese men who don't get married until after 30 years old. It is true that the Peul/Fula get married a bit earlier than the Wolof people but for men there is really no pressure to get married until they are in their early 30s.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Kyase(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Hahaha I no laf sha
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
To prevent fornication I guess ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kyase:

Hahaha I no laf sha
thats his funniest joke on this forum grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
onetrack:
Be careful about stereotyping. I know Senegal extremely well and there are a lot of Senegalese men who don't get married until after 30 years old. It is true that the Peul/Fula get married a bit earlier than the Wolof people but for men there is really no pressure to get married until they are in their early 30s.

Well said
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
even the educated muslim women dont marry too early

educated muslim women are more focused and driven than the men

they wail till they finish school and probably settle down before getting married

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
onila:

they wail till they finish school and probably settle down before getting married

Another generalisation undecided
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Kyase(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
D
onila:
grin
onila:
Really?
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
onila:

this is nonsense
the only old hag educated muslims are the ones pursuing western imperialism agenda like "gayism", anti-polygamy, democracy(whatever that means)...etc in few words they have lost contact with their society or the reality of their society hence why they can't find their perfect and so called western oriented prince "charmant" who will free her from her self imposed bondage. those women an b founded in Iran, Egypt, syia . in African muslim societies? no
still if you dig a lil bit you will find out that they have already been in a previous marriage
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
datalossvictim1:
To prevent fornication I guess ...
makes sense tho I still believe/think education or high moral upbringing is the key against fornication
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Onila is a generalizer...lol
Ok, so you don't know that there are many other Ethnic groups in Africa that marry early irrespective of religion...... the only thing is that many of the ethnic groups that have been historically known for early marriages are found in the Sahel-Sahara, East Africa and Mediterranean Africa.
On the flip side, there are many Muslims, especially men, who marry late.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
this is nonsense
[b]the only old hag educated muslims are the ones pursuing western imperialism agenda like "gayism", anti-polygamy, democracy(whatever that means)...[/b]etc in few words they have lost contact with their society or the reality of their society hence why they can't find their perfect and so called western oriented prince "charmant" who will free her from her self imposed bondage. those women an b founded in Iran, Egypt, syia . in African muslim societies? no
still if you dig a lil bit you will find out that they have already been in a previous marriage

I don't necessarily agree. What I do believe is that everything should be practised in moderation, some may disagree but even Islam which is beautiful should be practised in moderation.

I believe the focus of most people should be self-amelioration. Advances in medicine, technology, and infrastructure should be the goal of many a nation irrespective of their religion. Most people regardless of religion think this way. Often what I have noticed is that countries that are typically considered destitute focus on religion moreso than other things. In a failed leadership/government, I can understand why. But one can't say that Muslims seeking Westernisation aren't educated.

In the days when Timbuktu had reached its pinnacle, there were many educated Islamic scholars and those coming to West Africa (Timbuktu) for education.
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Omarbah: 12:10am On Nov 02, 2014
well it is done to prevent Zinah which is having sex outside of wedlock. The other component is having children outside of wedlock. Parents fear that the temptation will be strong enough to push them to it which is true to some extent.
In Fulani culture, if an unmarried girl has a child, the shame belongs to the whole family. To avoid that, the parent try to get the girl married early on.
With western culture, people started waiting for their early thirties , this applies to educated ones of my father's generation. But today, marrying at young age is coming back. By young age, I mean 23 to 28 years. If you have your college degree , started building your career, why wait ? Unless you just want to go to the clubs , pick up chicks and be a player till you hit 35. Then by the time you first child graduates college, you will be in your early sixties or late fifties with all of your savings going into financing their education. But if you have your kids young, by the time you are 45 they will be independent and you can save enough to take your lady wherever she wants.

PS: I am not married yet, I was hoping to get a Fulani girl from Adamawa (Cameroon or Naija) but it seems like Fulaman isn't well connected. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by onila(f): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2014
grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Guys Have Children Or Get Married Early? by Fulaman198(m): 12:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Omarbah:
well it is done to prevent Zinah which is having sex outside of wedlock. The other component is having children outside of wedlock. Parents fear that the temptation will be strong enough to push them to it which is true to some extent.
In Fulani culture, if an unmarried girl has a child, the shame belongs to the whole family. To avoid that, the parent try to get the girl married early on.
With western culture, people started waiting for their early thirties , this applies to educated ones of my father's generation. But today, marrying at young age is coming back. By young age, I mean 23 to 28 years. If you have your college degree , started building your career, why wait ? Unless you just want to go to the clubs , pick up chicks and be a player till you hit 35. Then by the time you first child graduates college, you will be in your early sixties or late fifties with all of your savings going into financing their education. But if you have your kids young, by the time you are 45 they will be independent and you can save enough to take your lady wherever she wants.

PS: I am not married yet, I was hoping to get a Fulani girl from Adamawa (Cameroon or Naija) but it seems like Fulaman isn't well connected. wink

shocked Hey I'm not as much of a ladies man like Bororojo who would be able to find you a good wife cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wish A Nairalander Merry Christmas... / Proof;women Created First Before Men / Happy 34th Anniversary To Winners Chapel..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.