Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady (20843 Views)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Sanchez01: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Marriage for most people, particularly I'm Christianity is a flop. Reasons for this are largely bent on certain issues, which could come from either of the parties. For now, our focus will be on Christian ladies who have been nurturing the idea of settling down. Knowing/doing these things are necessary and if you didn't know them (say you're married), I believe it's never too late to make amends. So, here goes.

1. Discuss with your father to tell you who a man is: It is no longer a rumour that most children easily open up to their mothers than their fathers.Concerning marriage in Christianity, it is important a lady take counsel from the father on who a man is. This is one of the reasons marriage for most ladies is a flop. The best a mother could give to her daughter is her perspective on how she treated her husband, the lady's father. For example, if it happens that the father washes his clothes himself (trust me, this is real) and has been doing so for years, the mother who sees nothing wrong with it would tell her daughter to go with the flow. This is why some women feel that a man is just another woman in marriage. Far from it. Summon courage and have your father enlighten you on who a man really is.

2. You are NOT equal partners: Forget the feministic movements, most of them stem from failed homes and they think they now know better. According to the Scriptures, the woman, upon agreeing to marry the man, is agreeing to come under subjection of such man. What this means is that he is the head and has the final authority in the home (Eph 5:22-23). Unlike the dictates of the Scripture, most couples today have their own definition. They tend to think they're equal partners. This ought not to be. When you come under someone's authority, it means you obey that person totally. Don't ever delve into a union as a marriage with your own definition.

3. Husband means LORD or MASTER: I know most ladies will protest at the sight of this, but it's true. Old Norse say the word means "House Dweller or The Male Head in a house". According to the Scriptures, the first woman that birthed the word, Sarah, used it on the husband (Gen 18:12; 1Pet 3:6). You must understand that a man is the Lord of his house and those under his roof, including you. Up until now, people use the word to refer to the person they are married to without knowing what it means. Fathers understand this. Again, it explains why you must consult your father before you move in with that man you want to marry.

4. You must be willing to understand him: I will give an analogy to drive him this point; you see, a man loves the one he serves (his boss at his workplace) and the one who serves him (his wife). He fights the one that tries to be at the same level with him. When you fail to understand a man, you assume the role of that person that tries to be at the level with him. The reaction you get afterwards is that of his contenders. He fights you to learn your place because he is programmed that way. He doesn't enjoy rivalry. So, when you bring your own definition into the union, he fights it off, not because he doesn't love you but because he sees you as a threat, a rival. You think he is the one to understand you, wrong. He will understand you until you have learned to understand him.

5. Your beauty is in obedience: Irrespective of what you have possessed before marrying him, you're not beautiful until have learned the place of obedience. An obedient woman is not only considered beautiful but wise and the Scriptures confirms this in Pro 14:1. Should you fail to obey, you become a rebel and God would in no way accept your actions (1Pet 3:2).

6. You are a HELP in the union: Why did God create the woman? She was created because the man was alone (not lonely). Gen 2:18,
And the Lord God said, "it is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an HELPMEET for him"
. God had created all things save the woman. All other creatures had companion and God felt the need to provide man with a help suitable for him. Adam at the time had too many responsibilities, Just like men in this present time and God provided someone to relieve him of those things. As a lady, you must understand that you have a role to play in helping the man you have married as well as the home. I have seen homes where the woman believes she works for herself and her money is for herself and her wants. The man takes care of the family's needs. Unfortunately, their kids are above 18 already and I have heard the girls (two) on several occasions say their monies if for themselves, talk about influence. You are expected to help the family in the area he wants you to. That was why God created you in the first place.

NB: For those whose fathers may not be around (due to death or divorce/seperation). There's always a man that acts the father. Either an uncle or a married older brother, they're okay to act as a father to help she'd light on grey areas.

Happy Sunday!

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Ayoemrys(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2016
when you say husband is a master then whats wife?slave?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Sanchez01: 7:57am On Mar 13, 2016
Ayoemrys:
when you say husband is a master then whats wife?slave?
Far from it. Was Sarah in any way a slave to Abraham? No. The word husband is weighty. When you use it on a man, you claim to accord him the deepest form of respect. Unfortunately, most women believe it is only a title. It's just like calling Christ Lord and Master. It does not make us slaves just because we call Him that because we are not slaves, rather sons by adoption. I hope you understand now?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Flexherbal(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2016
Some of these things do not have any formula. Even some well know pastors who counsel people, for a long lasting marriage, end up divorcing.

8 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Sanchez01: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Flexherbal:
Some of these things do not have any formula. Even some well know pastors who counsel people, for a long lasting marriage, end up divorcing.
By formula you mean a guarantee to a happy home? Well, it does. While there are many reasons for divorce, they do not necessarily come from the woman. By the way, Pastors are humans and not God.

6 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2016
The best way to understand this for women is from a spiritual perspective. God works with order, and by order I mean spiritual organization in terms of authority from one person to another. It's the same with parents. They are a spiritual authority. So are employers, and other social and government leaders. No matter what the law says, the people in authority over you on earth have a corresponding spiritual authority that can punish rebellion. Don't do a thing just because it's written and published by your government, ask if it's right(eous), true, good.

Years of taking in western culture which is a culture in rebellion of authority is the reason why we wrongly believe "all humans are equal". It is a lie that is causing alot of destruction. (This is for those who think "human rights" are from the bible.

A family is a government. This is you do not just get married to anybody, because whatever their spirit is becomes your master. Your husband is the worst enemy you could ever have, if he turns into one. Remember, at times you are dealing with a spirit in the spiritual realm that can destroy you for rising against it - you've already given it authority over you by getting married to IT. Not the other way round. And you can still live a blessed life by avoiding confrontation. We LIVE Unharmed with more Dangerous things ON this earth. And, alot of troubles can be kept off by simply avoiding them.

And now, for men, remember that that spirit that is inside you is also joined to your wife. It has become a sword that cuts both ways. The Angel that arises when that covenant is broken will arise against either of the two who rise to destroy it. Because the authority doesn't end with the man. He is answerable too for those in his authority. That's for the violent and oppressive men I see on this forum.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Sanchez01: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

The best way to understand this for women is from a spiritual perspective. God works with order, and by order I mean spiritual organization in terms of authority from one person to another. It's the same with parents. They are a spiritual authority. So are employers, and other social and government leaders. No matter what the law says, the people in authority over you on earth have a corresponding spiritual authority that can punish rebellion. Don't do a thing just because it's written and published by your government, ask if it's right(eous), true, good.

Years of taking in western culture which is a culture in rebellion of authority is the reason why we wrongly believe "all humans are equal". It is a lie that is causing alot of destruction. (This is for those who think "human rights" are from the bible.

A family is a government. This is you do not just get married to anybody, because whatever their spirit is becomes your master. Your husband is the worst enemy you could ever have, if he turns into one. Remember, at times you are dealing with a spirit in the spiritual realm that can destroy you for rising against it - you've already given it authority over you by getting married to IT. Not the other way round. And you can still live a blessed life by avoiding confrontation. We LIVE Unharmed with more Dangerous things ON this earth. And, alot of troubles can be kept off by simply avoiding them.

And now, for men, remember that that spirit that is inside you is also joined to your wife. It has become a sword that cuts both ways. The Angel that arises when that covenant is broken will arise against either of the two who rise to destroy it. Because the authority doesn't end with the man. He is answerable too for those in his authority. That's for the violent and oppressive men I see on this forum.
You couldn't have said it better, to be candid. Thanks for the submission.

5 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Dekatron(m): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2016
Know that Mouth Action is out of the window!!

know say only papa and mama be the only style. . . No dawggy!!
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by olanyte: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2016
NOTED
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by simplemach(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2016
save enough money just incase the man runs out of cash...
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by emmyw(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Let me read first
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by tahir01(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Make i book first before i read.
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by tahir01(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Make i book first before i read.
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Aviero: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Hehe
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by opalu: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2016
Thanks
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Strahovski1(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2016
Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by hollywater: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2016
Op God bless you bro and happy Sunday to you too.

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by henrydadon(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2016
blah blah blah blah..tell that to the gods..

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by obowunmi(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2016
How do you support a man and/or a woman who has fasted and prayed for a husband /wife and can't find one?

Keep waiting? Keep searching?
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by mytime24(f): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2016
I dey church

I'll cme back to comment

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by octopusfreaky(f): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2016
kinda true
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Pavore9: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2016
Hmm....The basic psychological need of a man is respect while that of a woman is love. Neither respect nor love are things that can be forced rather they have to be worked for and earned.

14 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by nbright: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2016
angry
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Adonis3: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2016
G
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by utenwuson: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2016
most ladies will read n jst pass, cos they simply can't argue wt d scripture. modern day pastor will always divert d true statement in d bible, ds world will probably be a better place if our pastors leave d devil n holy ghost fire n teach salvation for once, man and woman re never equal even b4 God! it is said in d bible dt God is d head of Jesus as Jesus is d head of man an as man is d head of his woman, I see some women saying there re gender equality activist, I ll jst ask "how"?

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by chumakk: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
The feminist here will not be happy

3 Likes

Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Ridiculous....
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by tivta(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Will they listen? Or even read? Girls of these days are parasitic in nature, most of them that is...
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by tivta(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Myosotis:
Ridiculous....
Just start preparing for divorce then...
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by Fourwinds: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Hmmmm. Good one
Re: What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady by SafetyFirst(m): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2016
g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.