Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked (3121 Views)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Coordinate Attacks – Buratai Boasts / Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by chibecanglobal(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
The Christian Association of Nigeria,
CAN, has asked President Goodluck
Jonathan to sack Colonel Sambo
Dasuki, the National Security Adviser
as well as General Aliyu Gusau, the
Minister of Defence over the
continuing Boko Haram attacks in
Northern part of the country.
The Association said this while
condemning recent violent attacks
by the insurgents on innocent
Christian civilians, Police stations,
Prisons and military formations in
different parts of Adamawa State in
a statement signed by Musa Asake,
its Secretary General on Saturday.
The body noted that while recent
attacks by Boko Haram in Adamawa
State was said to have affected
civilians, police stations, prisons and
military formations in different parts
of the state, the bomb explosion at
the Gombe Motor Park was said to
have killed over 30 persons and left
several others injured.
The umbrella body of Christians in
the country maintained that the
recent happenings in the North East
part of the country had avidly
confirmed CAN’s position all along
that the Islamic group has no other
mission than to annihilate all
Christians in the region and install
an Islamic regime.
This, according to CAN was because
apart from the military infrastructure
that were torched by the terrorist
group, Ekklesiyar Yan’uaw a Nigeria
(EYN), the Church of the Brethren in
Nigeria, other churches as well as
individuals targeted for destruction
were all Christians and their places
of worship.
CAN therefore asked the Federal
Government to explain to the nation
the sins committed by the former
National Security Adviser, late Gen.
Owoeye Azazi who was summarily
dismissed in June 2012. Was he
sacked because of his Christian
religion and to satisfy the cravings of
his Muslim counterparts?
Continuing, Asake argued, that the
President appointed a Muslim, Col.
Sambo Dasuki to replace Gen. Azazi
who was a Christian and later
appointed another Muslim, Gen.
Aliyu Gasau as Defence minister with
a pledge to deal ruthlessly with the
Boko Harām Islamic terrorists.
“The major task handed down to Col.
Dasuki and Gen. Gusau is to tackle
Boko Haram insurgency, which was
already threatening to spread into
other regions of the country.
But the Association said every
Nigerian Christian today is asking
about the changes have these two
military tacticians brought to bear in
the war against terror since they
were appointed.
“What is the wisdom of entrusting
the nation’s security in the hands of
two relations from the North West?
“Why have these two relations from
Sokoto and Zamfara states not
changed their tactics in accordance
with the presidential mandate given
to them to root out the insurgents
in the North East geo-political zone?
“Is this a game plan to eliminate
people in that region and put them
in perpetual subjugation?” CAN
queried.
According to the CAN general
secretary, Nigerian Christians are no
longer comfortable with the
continued inclusion of these two
individuals in the cabinet even as
the Islamic terrorists have not only
changed tactics severally but have
conquered more territories and
established more caliphates in the
North East during their regime than
at any other period.
CAN said it wondered why the NSA
and the Defence minister have not
voluntarily resigned their
appointments for poor coordination
of relevant agencies to tackle the
security challenges in the North East
region of the country despite the
huge budgetary allocations for the
purpose.
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/11/01/boko-haram-can-wants-nsa-defence-minister-sacked/

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by walad4yhu(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Adminisher: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Why leave out the CDS?. This is CAN showing itself as a political and very selfish organization. That the NSA and Minister of Defence are bad is agreed but what of the diarrhoea mouthed ineffective CDS?.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
So because Alex Badeh is a christian,he does not deserve to be sacked? A heartless CDS who airlifted only his family in Vimtim and left other helpless victims to their own fate?

Oritsejafor should be ashamed of himself for being a religious bigot!

angry angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by solid3(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
These pple just want to confuse d already confused man that will soon vacate Aso Rock.

Make them just leave am, his days are numbered.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by pendy79: 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Surely azzlicking GEJ gives a disease that transfer cluelessness and being daft to anyone who come close to it.

So the large mouth CDS, the incompetent chief of Army staff should be left alone since Boko Haram is selective of who they kill.

Why is this government and minions of self serving pastors and men of SaTAN trying to put this country into an ethnoreligious war.

Which troops does sambo dasuki and aliyu gusau command? Why is pastor bling bling trying to blow up this country?

I think this is just to create a diversionary statement to make his gunrunning biz go awry news go away.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by omenka(m): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
And what is their suggestion about the gunrunner, Oritsejafor

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by vedaxcool(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Empty rhetorics from CAN as usual, was gej forced to employ the 2? When would dey demand the sack of the number 1 incompetent individual in aso rock, jonatan? The emir son bh killed is also a christian? it is unfortunate while bh is united towarda destroying nigerians, groups like can are out to play christians against muslims.

Despite all these, I believe Nigeria would overcome all these evil plots against it, insha Allah. Amin.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by vedaxcool(m): 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
pendy79:
Surely azzlicking GEJ gives a disease that transfer cluelessness and being daft to anyone who come close to it.

So the large mouth CDS, the incompetent chief of Army staff should be left alone since Boko Haram is selective of who they kill.

grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by A7(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Not surprised.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Dmacaw: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
We all witnessed how Azazi was blamed for every Bomb that went of in Nigeria the North called for his sack accusing Jonathan of using Azazi to decimate the North. Azazi has since gone to be with the Lord, Bombings has reached unprecedented heights with BH gaining new territory by the day under The watch of fulani Muslims with no one bating an eyelid or calling for there, the recent national eembarasment the nation witnesed in SA due to the lapses of the NSA is enough reason to cost him his job surprisingly nobody called for his head they instead started a smear campaign against the CAN president. CAN a good call Nigeria cannot continue in deception.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by rawtruth(m): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
berem:
So because Alex Badeh is a christian,he does not deserve to be sacked? A heartless CDS who airlifted only his family in Vimtim and left other helpless victims to their own fate?

Oritsejafor should be ashamed of himself for being a religious bigot!

angry angry

CAN is simply countering northern Nigeria's islamists who don't separate religion from politics.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dmacaw:
We all witnessed how Azazi was blamed for every Bomb that went of in Nigeria the North called for his sack accusing Jonathan of using Azazi to decimate the North. Azazi has since gone to be with the Lord, Bombings has reached unprecedented heights with BH gaining new territory by the day under The watch of fulani Muslims with no one bating an eyelid or calling for there, the recent national eembarasment the nation witnesed in SA due to the lapses of the NSA is enough reason to cost him his job surprisingly nobody called for his head they instead started a smear campaign against the CAN president. CAN a good call Nigeria cannot continue in deception.

You are a phocking liar, b1tch. No one every blamed Azazi.

Just show me one link where Northerners blamed Azazi or remain silent for life. You punk azz b1tch.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
I know the plan of the bling bling pastor. They are brothers in the religious divisiveness plan to destroy this country. So when they remove the 'MUSLIMS' they will now replace them with Christians and probably our brothers from across the Niger, like they want to do to Tambuwal to be replaced by the deputy

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by AZeD1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAN therefore asked the Federal Government to explain to the nation the sins committed by the former National Security Adviser, late Gen. Owoeye Azazi who was summarily dismissed in June 2012. Was he sacked because of his Christian religion and to satisfy the cravings of his Muslim counterparts?
Azazi was sacked because he told the world who was behind Boko Haram.

For those with short memories, this was why he was sacked
http://www.channelstv.com/2012/04/27/azazi-blames-boko-haram-attacks-on-pdp/

PS: At this time, there was no party called APC.

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Dmacaw: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
eye4eye:
eye4eye:

You spent so much energy calling your mother a bitch. If only you could channel a minute of that surfing the web you would find all the information you are asking from me ass hole...
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dmacaw:

You spent so much energy calling your mother a bitch. If only you could channel a minute of that surfing the web you would find all the information you are asking from me ass hole...

You son of a slut should back up your lie. You think you can get away with it by posting lies here? I will destroy you and your ilk.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Dmacaw: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
I will destroy you and your ilk.

Your life has been destroyed already young man, i am not in the mood to deliver you from mental laziness you must learn to seek for information and truth use the web. Until you do that don't quote me.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dmacaw:
I will destroy you and your ilk.

Your life has been destroyed already young man, i am not in the mood to deliver you from mental laziness you must learn to seek for information and truth use the web. Until you do that don't quote me.

Look at this clown son of a slut. You came here to lie your azz off and you expect me to do a research on your lie grin? Are you stupid, foolish or dumb? Pick one of the three I listed. Hey son of a slut, the burden is on you to provide any link where Hausas were criticizing Azazi.Post any article where hausas were criticizing Azazi or remain a demented fool son of a slut.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by engrsyer(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
Seun Osewa, I think the level at which people are using Nairaland to insult Mr. President's credibility is becoming alarming. For crying out loud, that man President GoodLuck Jonathan is your president and our president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wether we(Nigerians) like it or not. If we can't open our mouth to insult our parents then why should we insult Mr. President? In Africa we respect elders so much so should Nigerians or Nairalanders respect Mr. President. We shouldn't take his humbleness and quietness as foolishness. Yes, their is freedom of speech but that doesn't warrant any one to insult Mr. President. Please check this issue very well and limit the insults on our President to the bearest minimum. Your blog should not be used as a means of insulting Mr. President at all time. Thank You as I look forward of you eradicating or alleviating the insults.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Descartes: 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
And what is their suggestion about the gunrunner, Oritsejafor
Am sure you have a proof.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Gboliwe: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
From the onset I have had my reservations. I queried the appointment. But small me, who will listen? Now many more innocent blood have been shed and some bigger eyes are opening.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by eye4eye: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
[s]
engrsyer:
Seun Osewa, I think the level at which people are using Nairaland to insult Mr. President's credibility is becoming alarming. For crying out loud, that man President GoodLuck Jonathan is your president and our president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wether we(Nigerians) like it or not. If we can't open our mouth to insult our parents then why should we insult Mr. President? In Africa we respect elders so much so should Nigerians or Nairalanders respect Mr. President. We shouldn't take his humbleness and quietness as foolishness. Yes, their is freedom of speech but that doesn't warrant any one to insult Mr. President. Please check this issue very well and limit the insults on our President to the bearest minimum. Your blog should not be used as a means of insulting Mr. President at all time. Thank You as I look forward of you eradicating or alleviating the insults.

God bless Nigeria!
[/s]

^^^^^^

Another were escaped from his cage. Mr. president blah blah blah. But Mr. President who is empowered to protect them is shying away from his duty. When Boko Haram visits the nearest city next to you is when you realize this government doesn't give a damn about anyone.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by omenka(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Descartes:
Am sure you have a proof.
I've told you to stop following me around. Don't you have any shame??
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
Well, Oriseajafor shld talk to his brother maybe he will grant his request..

He can threaten with blackmail over the S.A, arms and cash deal...grin

I knw he knws something..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Descartes: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
I've told you to stop following me around. Don't you have any shame??
Not until you stop uttering maxims.
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by hakanai(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
I wonder what such a religious body will say about being fair and just,if they had the life of Muslims in there hands? If they continue to think and talk this way. undecided undecided undecided
I mean if today CAN was put to manage the affairs of the nation or advice the elders of the nation on the way forward,I see just how they and there lot will do things.Hate,intolerance is all i continue to see and where they will put efforts.
If not ,I mean one can't believe that such a group,so full of hate and extremist/fanatical views will do anything better than encourage difference via intolerance or deceit. How can they look the other way and only mark 2 inconsequential officials to running of the armed forces because of faith and ignore the others that are major players in the running of security around the nation.
Haba!!! It is just so obvious this people have a thing against Muslims in Nigeria. People need to see this people for what they are. Extremist and bigots. They are no different from the BH for all i care. If they had there ways i see them wish away the Muslims. But i say you bigots suck and continue to breed a bias mind set and CAN is insensitivity to the current situation of things in the nation.
Your hopes to destroy Islam will fail ,just like how BH will fail with time..
angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
CAN is a messed up organisation and a threat to peace and unity. As long as I am concerned, the Service Chiefs, Defense Minister, NSA, D-G DSS and the C-in-C need to GO!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
but what exactly does Aliyu Gusau bring to the table?

after the election, Gusau should not be reappointed
Re: Boko Haram: CAN Wants NSA, Defence Minister Sacked by MrMcJay(m): 12:43am On Nov 02, 2014
engrsyer:

God bless Nigeria!

Listen up you slave, I employed GEJ with my vote, i feed him with my taxes, clothe him with my taxes, pay for his wife's grammar tutor with my taxes and also pay for his medical and mental check-ups with my taxes. He is my employee and i can call him what i so please. I wont insult him, but I sure as hell would call him what he is.

Meanwhile, the big-nosed thief owes me 20K being my share of the 20 Billion USD he stole from 160M Nigerians. To calculate yours, divide 20Billion USD by 160,000,000 and multiply your answer by 160.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Shows Off APC Supporters With Brooms,Sticks And Stones(See Photos) / Naira Don Scatter O: N213 To 1 Dollar And N314 To 1 Pound - Kilo De? / Breaking News: Top Nigeria Politicians Who Lost Their Pooling Unit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.