Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ (792 Views)

FG Created Islamic Caliphate For Boko Haram In Nigeria / FG Will Create 1m Jobs In 2016 – Osinbajo / FG Created 1.4 Million Jobs In 12 Months – Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by onlykay(m): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2014
Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, has said the Federal Government has created over one million direct and indirect new jobs in four years through the resuscitation of rail transportation by the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration.

The minister said this while speaking at the ‘Public Affairs Forum,’ a programme organised by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs in Abuja.

Umar described the ongoing construction of new rail lines and rehabilitation of existing ones as a key component of the ‘Transformation Agenda’ of the Jonathan administration, which goal was to reposition the nation’s economy.

He said, “The fundamental goal of the transport sector under the Transformation Agenda is to develop an adequate, safe, environmentally sound, efficient and affordable integrated transport system within the framework of a progressive and competitive national and international market economy.”

Umar further said the rehabilitation of over 90 per cent of the entire existing narrow gauge lines throughout the country was almost completed, noting that the rehabilitation was the first segment of the 25 years railway strategic plan.

He added that the rehabilitation of 1,124km Western rail line (Lagos-Kano) had been completed, while work on the 1,657 km Eastern rail line (Port Harcourt — Maiduguri) was at an advanced stage of completion.

He added that the branch line from Kafanchan – Kaduna was expected to be completed before the end of 2014.

According to the Transport Minister, the Jonathan administration is constructing the first rail line from the Federal Capital Territory to Kaduna, which is a standard gauge rail line, while contract for the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge double track has also been awarded.

“The Jonathan administration has signed a framework with a reputable Chinese firm for the construction of coastal railway line that will connect 10 states and add great value to Nigerian economy. This project alone will create an approximate 4 million jobs in another five years.

“We have also made giant strides in sea transportation by partnering with the Lagos State Government and the private sector to develop the Lekki deep seaport, while the process for the development of lbom deep sea port in Akwa lbom State and Badagry in Lagos are in progress.”

Umar said futher that the contract for the dredging of critical parts of River Benue had been awarded and would be completed in 36 months, explaining that the government had completed the dredging of the lower River Niger from Warri (Delta State) to facilitate all year navigability.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by omenka(m): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2014
Wow!!! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2014
Really? Wow!

GEJ till I become a grandmother!

undecided angry
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by egift(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2014
Until they post the names of 1,000,0000 they employed in the Transport Sector - it remains a lie. I agree job were provided, but I don't believe the 1million for a second.
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2014
Yes na... GEJ has been the best president so far... Good roads... 24 hours light.... Job opportunities for ghost workers and real workers... Infact he has done much...
All i have to say is GEJ TILL 2019
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:33am On Nov 02, 2014
egift:
Until they post the names of 1,000,0000 they employed in the Transport Sector - it remains a lie. I agree job were provided, but I don't believe the 1million for a second.
Doubting thomas
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by larrymoore(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2014
Where are the jobs and their beneficiaries.
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by fagbalex(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2014
omenka:
Wow!!! GEJ till 2019!!!
your comment is a pity for this country. They said fg created 1m job in the transport sector which is no where to be found. Why is unemployment increasing at an increasing rate in this country? This is totally false!
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by chamboy(m): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2014
GEJ- lead Government that hasn't created any credible Agencies.... sorry I missed TAN
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by omenka(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2014
fagbalex:
your comment is a pity for this country. They said fg created 1m job in the transport sector which is no where to be found. Why is unemployment increasing at an increasing rate in this country? This is totally false!
It seems you are new here!! gringrin
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by omenka(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2014
berem:
Really? Wow!

GEJ till I become a grandmother!

undecided angry
My dear, na GEJ sure pass oo!! grin
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by anonimi: 8:06am On Nov 02, 2014
egift:

Your grudging agreement that jobs were provided is good enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2014
The minister is making claims with NOTHING whatsoever to backup his claim. No verifiable statistics, no emperical research conducted, nothing. He just sit at his comfort to declare 1 million jos. This is the same way that Iwaela keep deceiving herself and the President. Anyway, GEJ till 2015
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by anonimi: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2014
fagbalex:

What is the current unemployment compared to 1, 2, 4, 7 etc years ago so we can determine if it has not only being increasing but doing so at an increasing rate. shocked
Don't forget to include your source [abi na sauce sef] when you provide these rates.
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2014
omenka:
My dear, na GEJ sure pass oo!! grin
na so we see am my brother! GEJ till infinity!

grin grin
Re: ‘FG Created 1m Jobs In Transport Sector’ by Trackango: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2014
egift:

Maybe na bus conductors they dey talk about

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Strong Message For All Nigerians / Boko Haram Is The 10th Richest Terrorist Group In The World - Forbes / Check Out This Throwback Pic Of GEJ With His Former Boss, Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.