Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! (3300 Views)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Sheriff’s Chairmanship: PDP Faces Mass Defection / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
No fewer than 6,000 members of the Peoples Democratic Party in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area on Sunday defected to All Progressives Congress.

The defectors were received by the leadership of the APC in a rally held at Igarra, the Headquartres of Akoko-Edo LGA, which also had in attendance serving lawmakers and aspirants into the national and state assemblies, including the Secretary to the State Government, Professor Julius Ihonvbere, who is also a senatorial aspirant, and a House of Representatives hopeful, Anslem Agbabi.

Speaking at the rally, the Senator representing Edo North Senatorial District, Domingo Obende, expressed confidence that the party had taken control of the Federal House of Representatives, with the defection of the Speaker, Amino Tambuwal.

Obende, who described the withdrawal of Tambuwal’s security details as unconstitutional stated that the current change in the lower was a indication of the change that the party would bring about in the 2015 general elections.

“The position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives is not a position of a political party but a position that is given to someone in the chambers to lead the others, they are equal but one has to given the power to lead.

“I do not know where PDP is coming from withdrawing his police details, is very wrong, very unconstitutional and it has to be restored.

“The change already happening in the National Assembly is a pointer to the change that we are going to witness next year.

“I want to say to you that there is noting the PDP can do about the speaker; there is no way they can raise 240 members to impeach Tambuwal and since they cannot do that, the APC is now fully in charge of the House of Representatives and I want to say that today, we must know that God is working on our direction.

“This change cannot come if you and I are not in oneness. This change will not come if you and I are not committed to our party. We must work hard, there should be no rancour,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/6000-pdp-members-defect-to-apc-in-akoko-edo/

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by immortalcrown(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
There is fire on the mountain. Run! Run!! Run!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
We all want Change

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by eaglewingz(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
Obende talking trash. I live in Auchi which is just 30 mins drive to igarra, let him name one project he has initiated in his constituency.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by eye4eye: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
PDP is about to witness the biggest decampment in history of Nigeria come December.

GEJ, PEJ, Akpabio, Alameseigha, Bipi, Wike, Jang, Maku, Suswan, Ibos, Anenih, PDP and saTAN ambassadors will be left in PDP by the time the year runs out.

15 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by braine(m): 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
Abeg, how did they count the 6000 people and who counted them?

6 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Edykul(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
6000 people indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Amadioha will soon camp and decamp to apc..

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
I was in touch with senator Obenden Domingo before he disappointed me, but that not withstanding I have always told those who care to no that PDP has no ground in Edo State. Dem don dey go one by one.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by eaglewingz(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
courage54:
I was in touch with senator Obenden Domingo before he disappointed me, but that not withstanding I have always told those who care to no that PDP has no ground in Edo State. Dem don dey go one by one.

If only you could share the capacity in which he disappointed you.
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by donphilopus: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
eaglewingz:
Obende talking trash. I live in Auchi which is just 30 mins drive to igarra, let him name one project he has initiated in his constituency.

Shut that bleep up. What are you trynna say?! If you ain't daft, I'd advise you to go search for my previous threads and see the scorecard I copied on Nairaland here, and come and tell us that he hasn't done anything. You can compare the 12yrs of Sens. Oyofo and Yisa Braimoh [both PDP] to the 41months of Sen. Obende. If I'm chanced enough tomorrow, I'd copy it here again for you to see, since you ain't seen that.

I was fully on ground in that rally yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't snap any picture because we were busy when we were told that the rally was about starting, so we left what we were doing and went for the rally. I was charging my phone at home [thanks to GEJ], so I couldn't go back to take it. Maybe I would have reported this development on Nairaland before Punch. APC welcomed so many decampees to their midst. They left there because PDP was a party of lie/liars [according to them].

@Courage54, maybe you met with the wrong people. Sen. Domingo is always busy, so he refers everybody to his aides. I guess he referred you to the wrong one. He's surrounded by incompetent aides [just like GEJ]. If he had handled your issue by himself, he wouldn't have disappointed you. Sometimes, they'd tell you they've presented your issue to him, whereas they've done nothing. They're trynna make him look bad when he's good!

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
eaglewingz:

If only you could share the capacity in which he disappointed you.

We just had a little mis-up though is an internal affair, but we are still in very good touch.
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by brownlord: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
yawns

6000 wah?

Anyway, both apc and pdp have the same members defecting and re-defecting

falls back to meet my unclad girlfriend

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by lilprinze: 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
eaglewingz:

I live in Igarra, all dis is trash, no single good road in Akoko-edo not even 1, be it federal, state or local so which change are they talking..... Rubish,
NB: am not pdp nor apc cos dey are same, domingo was forma pdp, agbabi 2, so who is deceiving who?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
brownlord:
yawns

6000 wah?

Anyway, both apc and pdp have the same members defecting and re-defecting

falls back to meet my unclad girlfriend

Bros eating the forbidding fruit since 1900.
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Salisu674(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
We need chang
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by brownlord: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
courage54:

Bros eating the forbidding fruit since 1900.

hian, na your footstep bra, abi ye don forget?

aw ur side na
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ donphilopus, is a very painful experience sha, because I knew how much effort I put towards his campaign, at a time we were communicating very well. There are many things I can't say here
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
brownlord:

hian, na your footstep bra, abi ye don forget?

aw ur side na

Lol, bros na u be the president of our association now.
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by eaglewingz(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
donphilopus:

Shut that bleep up. What are you trynna say?! If you ain't daft, I'd advise you to go search for my previous threads and see the scorecard I copied on Nairaland here, and come and tell us that he hasn't done anything. You can compare the 12yrs of Sens. Oyofo and Yisa Braimoh [both PDP] to the 41months of Sen. Obende. If I'm chanced enough tomorrow, I'd copy it here again for you to see, since you ain't seen that.

I was fully on ground in that rally yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't snap any picture because we were busy when we were told that the rally was about starting, so we left what we were doing and went for the rally. I was charging my phone at home [thanks to GEJ], so I couldn't go back to take it. Maybe I would have reported this development on Nairaland before Punch. APC welcomed so many decampees to their midst. They left there because PDP was a party of lie/liars [according to them].

@Courage54, maybe you met with the wrong people. Sen. Domingo is always busy, so he refers everybody to his aides. I guess he referred you to the wrong one. He's surrounded by incompetent aides [just like GEJ]. If he had handled your issue by himself, he wouldn't have disappointed you. Sometimes, they'd tell you they've presented your issue to him, whereas they've done nothing. They're trynna make him look bad when he's good!

I asked a simple question and all u spewed was this whole rubbish instead of answering the question.let me ask another question, who were the notable decampees? So you did headcounts to arrive at 6000?
Rubbish.
lightking99:

I live in Igarra, all dis is trash, no single good road in Akoko-edo not even 1, be it federal, state or local so which change are they talking..... Rubish,
NB: am not pdp nor apc cos dey are same, domingo was forma pdp, agbabi 2, so who is deceiving who?

Thank you lightking, am not a pdp member either, infact I campaigned and voted oshiomole in the two last elections. No good roads in igara and all Obende does is bring nollywood actors to town, to do what exactly?
And people like philipos who are sycophants will be the first to jump to defend rubbish because of the little money they get that have made them mortgage their future to these so called politicians who are nothing but total disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by aljharem(m): 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
And more propaganda
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by rattlesnake(m): 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Stomach infraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lipsrsealed

Where are my ekiti pipu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by donphilopus: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
courage54:
@ donphilopus, is a very painful experience sha, because I knew how much effort I put towards his campaign, at a time we were communicating very well. There are many things I can't say here

Hope you ain't Ifidon [his former PA] sha?! If you're, then lemme reserve my comment cheesy grin tongue. PM me make we geda reason na!! That's if ah neva 4get mah password sha!
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by courage54(m): 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
donphilopus:

Hope you ain't Ifidon [his former PA] sha?! If you're, then lemme reserve my comment cheesy grin tongue. PM me make we geda reason na!! That's if ah neva 4get mah password sha!

That man aint loyal at all. Are u currently working with him?
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by richeso: 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
Anyone who defect from PDP to APC their sins are washed away and everything becomes new.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by donphilopus: 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
eaglewingz:

I asked a simple question and all u spewed was this whole rubbish instead of answering the question.let me ask another question, who were the notable decampees? So you did headcounts to arrive at 6000?
Rubbish.

Bros, sorry for spewing sense into you, instead of answering your question. I've been trying to search all over Nairaland to get his scorecard which I posted here sometimes last year, or early this year, but unfortunately, it seems the tsunami that hit Nairaland claimed the thread. I would try get the smaller version of the scorecard latest Tuesday unfailingly. However, I'd still like you to compare Oyofo and Yisa Braimoh's 3 terms to Domingo's one term and tell us who the failure is. Domingo is one of the most vibrant Senators today, lying?! But when Braimoh was there, all we used to see, was his “Uncle BB” cap, instead of him.

Thank you lightking, am not a pdp member either, infact I campaigned and voted oshiomole in the two last elections. No good roads in igara and all Obende does is bring nollywood actors to town, to do what exactly?
And people like philipos who are sycophants will be the first to jump to defend rubbish because of the little money they get that have made them mortgage their future to these so called politicians who are nothing but total disappointment.

Lol... I ain't defending him blindly. Domingo still remains the best Senator to have represented Edo North. Come February, Domingo would be reelected. If there's any better alternative, do let us know!
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by donphilopus: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
courage54:

That man aint loyal at all. Are u currently working with him?

Bros, you haven't still answered my question o. Are you Ifidon?! To your question, NO.. Just an U**l*!
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, sorry for spewing sense into you, instead of answering your question. I've been trying to search all over Nairaland to get his scorecard which I posted here sometimes last year, or early this year, but unfortunately, it seems the tsunami that hit Nairaland claimed the thread. I would try get the smaller version of the scorecard latest Tuesday unfailingly. However, I'd still like you to compare Oyofo and Yisa Braimoh's 3 terms to Domingo's one term and tell us who the failure is. Domingo is one of the most vibrant Senators today, lying?! But when Braimoh was there, all we used to see, was his “Uncle BB” cap, instead of him.

Lol... I ain't defending him blindly. Domingo still remains the best Senator to have represented Edo North. Come February, Domingo would be reelected. If there's any better alternative, do let us know!

what are u saying? In what way is he d best senator? Even d road dat lend to his hus is pooh..... May b because 1naira is entering ur pocket, how can u say among pots kettle is stil d best? Just measure 1 development or change he brings to akoko-edo what out looking for dos lie called scorecard
Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by coolscott(m): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
[size=18pt]Interesting post to read. Non-Igbos calling for Biafra https://www.nairaland.com/1978353/non-igbos-calling-biafra[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2014
Politicians will just come to media and start lying up and down. Name 10 people that defected among the 6 thousands people then I know it is true. APC always topping in media.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection! 6000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Edo State! by donphilopus: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2014
lightking99:

what are u saying? In what way is he d best senator? Even d road dat lend to his hus is pooh..... May b because 1naira is entering ur pocket, how can u say among pots kettle is stil d best? Just measure 1 development or change he brings to akoko-edo what out looking for dos lie called scorecard

You should have also let all the Nairalanders know that his house project he started even before he defected to APC has not been completed. You're making it to look like he's looting the money meant for his district. If he had tiled the road that leads to his house now, all you would have been saying is that he used to money meant for us to tile his road. Stop being sentimental please.

Maybe the borehole he sank was sunk by you. The transformers he bought were bought by you. The schools he renovated were renovated by you. The sports' centers he built were built by you. The Graduates that had been employed under him, were employed by you. Can you just tell me what Yisa Braimoh did in his village [Ihievbe]?! Domingo ain't perfect, but he's trying to be. BTW, he'd be going to Benin by tomorrow [Tuesday], to submit his Senatorial Nomination' form at the APC State' Secretariat, you can go tell him to his face that he's done nothing. Who knows, he might also purchase the form for you, so you can practically show us good governance!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: 90-year-old Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe Tumbles At Harare Airport / Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega / #2015 Election! Check Out The Warehouse For Money Storage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.