Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? (1320 Views)

Enugu Set To Become Nigeria's Flagship City --- Guardian UK / Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? / Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 03, 2014
What would you do if you become the president of this country?

If I become the president of Nigeria, I would do a lot of things:
I would develop the oil sector in a way that we would be able to export petroleum products to other countries.

I would give equal rights to women, they will be able to contest in high government seats, such as governor and other big seats in Nigeria.

I would increase security in Nigeria, by training pur police, army, navy etc with high security personels known worldwide, I would provide them with the necessary equipments needed. I would put CCTV cameras in places.

I would create jobs for unemployed citizens.

I would make a law that says if a company is built here in Nigeria, Nigerian citizens must be employed first before any other citizen living in Nigeria! whether the company/school is owned by another citizen, as long as it is in Nigeria, you must employ Nigerians first before any other citizen.

I would create free education and wellfare till university level for every orphan, less privileged or abandoned child. they will never have to suffer.

I will upgrade the educational system, coz I heard that universities are still using 1996 curriculumembarassed while other countries have updated theirs.

Taxes must be paid. we must help keep our environment clean! throw pure water sachets, sweet sachets or any dirt on the road, and you will pay fine angry

The Naira note must not be folded!! it should be held straight. if caught, you will pay a huge fine!

Gay and Lesbians will face 6years in prison!

the medical sector shall be upgraded! a hospital must have at least 200 beds!! a Chinese building worker fell from a building, he was rushed to the hospital, but the nurses told him that there wasn't enuf beds...imagine sad the man died! this is not something we should be proud of!!!

Nobody will be homeless again!!! smiley my government will provide houses for every Nigerian! even if you can't pay, don't worry! you will work for sometime for the government, half of your salary will be used to pay for your house. smiley

TRY TO BRIBE ANY OFFICER OF THE LAW AND FACE A LONG JAIL TERM!!! angry

If you pay your taxes regularly without obstruction, you will be given a car at the age of 25 yrs old smiley

let's hear yourssmiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2014
Focus on electricity, rail systems & roads, create about 20 more federal unis and pay worker's salary on time. Finally, I would scrap jamb utme exams, make jamb a regulatory body for entrance examination of universities.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by politricks: 8:20am On Nov 03, 2014
Everybody will come here and say they will do this and that but when they are eventually given the position, Everything changes.As for me, the first thing i will do is surround myself with people(experts) that have the country at heart(not thugs). In other news, eroticangelina hope you had a nightmare-free night.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by dotna(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2014
Tackle security to protect Nation's wealth and ensure strict accountability with government fund.

There's nothing as sweet as a Government that loves her citizens
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2014
I will kick off full federalism and regional resource control.
With that every other thing like Power, job creation etc, will fall in line
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by MaleoPearls(m): 8:36am On Nov 03, 2014
Wake up from the dream... #MYCANDIDOPINION

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 03, 2014
politricks:
Everybody will come here and say they will do this and that but when they are eventually given the position, Everything changes.As for me, the first thing i will do is surround myself with people(experts) that have the country at heart(not thugs). In other news, eroticangelina hope you had a nightmare-free night.
yes. why u asking?
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2014
First, I'll procure the Most sophisticated fighter jets to obliterate Boko Haram, I'll establish a 'school of witchcraft and wizardry' like the one we have at Hogwarts.... Other activities shall follow subsequently.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2014
But OP, why jail lesbians and Gays
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by ope2711(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2014
I will steal all your MONEY and run away!
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 03, 2014
Establish and Promote sophisticated and world class standard of Education for Nigerians (both young and old) !!

Re-orientation through promoting our National/African/Global core values and drive Nigerians towards National values against Tribal values !

Strengthened Standardisation and Professionalism in our security networks and personnels !

Promote Globalisation, Professionalism and Responsibleness in the Civil Service !

Infrastructural development, social amenities, Citizen-Oriented government and ease of access to government apparatus !!

Simply Government that will drive happiness in the citizenry and show the global community that Nigeria could work effectively and efficiently !!
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 03, 2014
Hmmm...I would jail all the past leaders,starting from Gej. That will be all...for now.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by politricks: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2014
EroticAngelina:
yes. why u asking?
I Dont want to derail just go here and find out.https://www.nairaland.com/1950176/most-annoying-song-youve-heard#27157808
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Bobbystanley(m): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2014
All the past and present Presidents said all these you people are saying and even more.

Nigeria is one of the most difficult country to Govern in the world.
A country with 250 different ethnic groups,Different religious background, Different Languages and cultures.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:
But OP, why jail lesbians and Gays
coz I hate them
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Bobbystanley(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2014
EroticAngelina:
coz I hate them

Then we can't have you elected as president..Fucking idiot!
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Then we can't have you elected as president..Fucking idiot!
Nigeria is not a gaay/lesbian supporting country!! if u don't like it that way, then fvck off to another country! only God knows if ur gaay sef embarassed
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by teemy(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2014
EroticAngelina:
coz I hate them
Is there anything in particular they have done to you. Last time I remember they still fall in the same category as other immoral personalities like the ones who use our young ladies to cool body after hotel meetings and they have a loving wife at home.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2014
teemy:

Is there anything in particular they have done to you. Last time I remember they still fall in the same category as other immoral personalities like the ones who use our young ladies to cool body after hotel meetings and they have a loving wife at home.
sorry I meant I hate the act
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by teemy(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2014
On topic, I believe the first thing a government should give its people is hope and empowerment. Every other thing will fall in place as the years roll by.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
EroticAngelina:
coz I hate them
But you shouldn't hate them, they're humans you know; it's their life, as long as they don't interfere with yours. personally, I dislike homosexuality but i don't dislike homosexuals. Live and let live
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by mondob2k(m): 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
Owo ta awon President je lo concern mi.....
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

But you shouldn't hate them, they're humans you know; it's their life, as long as they don't interfere with yours. personally, I dislike homosexuality but i don't dislike homosexuals. Live and let live
whatever
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by teemy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
EroticAngelina:
sorry I meant I hate the act

Okies. Since ours is a secular and not a religiously run society, leaving it at the anti same sex marriage act which annuls same sex marriage and public show of affection would be okay as ways of not encouraging it. Afterall it would be odd to begin to give the social studies definition of a family as something else. Going as far as some who see them as the nigerian problem or incaserating them rather than the ills this thread is meant to revert would be taking things the wrong way.

In line with

Taxes must be paid. we must help keep our environment clean! throw pure water sachets, sweet sachets or any dirt on the road, and you will pay fine.

How would you get this done considering that our people would vehemently resist such as they would point to a lot of excuses.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
*I would destroy the quota system of employment in nigeria..positions will be for the best folks in that field.. if your region refuses to embrace education its their cup of tea..

*The nysc will be scrapped and turned to one year compulsory military service..i don't want youths being critics on social media alone,i would want them to be active patriots

*we'll have special schools of agriculture from secondary to tertiary level,with options for tutorials in local dialects

*we'll have a nuclear reactor for energy,even if it means getting expatriates to do that,we'll learn and train our Folks on the long run

*foreign firms will give us fair billing and services other consumers enjoy in other countries (no dstv situation)

*nigeria will be properly mapped and tagged to aid ecommerce and logistics firms

*i'll scrap a lot of portfolio and merge them. this minister of state/main minister thingy ...we just need one minister

*our borders must be secured, you must come into nigeria with a visa
*we'll encourage Tech hubs to make sure we become a software and services export economy
*There are a lot of the current government policies that i'll continue with,
the agricultural ones,railway policies,the cbn ones,infrastructure development..etc

lots of things to do for nigeria but its one at a time..
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by buskie13(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2014
It's so easy to propose than to dispose......if u are given the chance like u soooo wished for...i bet u wouldn't be able to do a thing u mentioned there......imagine the point at which u said if a foreigner invested in ur country......it has to employ ur citizens first b4 employing others....if every country does this..the world would be a very tough place....my opinion concerning that aspect is that....those that are eligible to work with great qualifications should be employed..... not necessarily ur citizen...thank u
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Blackfire(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2014
ban religion
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by teemy(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2014
good points my brother from kuvukiland (as strong as a lion as humble as a duika). eroticangela, since your topic yesterday my mind has been going on about being a game maker in the politics arena. would be meeting with the local politicians soon.
Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Trippledots(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
[size=20pt]constant electricity!![/size]

thats all. wink

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Become Nigeria's President? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
teemy:
good points my brother from kuvukiland (as strong as a lion as humble as a duika). eroticangela, since your topic yesterday my mind has been going on about being a game maker in the politics arena. would be meeting with the local politicians soon.

Thank u

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Banner Mounted At Western Avenue, Surulere / Exposed: Listen To How Obanikoro And Fayose Are Planning To Rig Lagos Elections. / Ministry: Morocco Mischievous, President, Mohammed VI Discussed Afdb Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.