Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. (5508 Views)

Zahra And Kiki: Nigeria’s Newest Divas / Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) / Private Jets Used To Smuggle Cash, Fugitives – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by pckid: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2010
In the same path James Ibori took before he was arrested, Mike Adunga is reported by The Will Nigeria to have made himself a fugitive: Just like the fugitive former governor of Bauchi State, Ahmadu Adamu Mu’azu who fled Nigeria more than two years ago and his Delta State counterpart, Chief James Ibori, who also fled Nigeria to the Emirati via Accra before his detention by Dubai police, THEWILL can report that Globacom Chairman, billionaire and oil magnate, Otunba Mike Adenuga has fled the shores of Nigeria for good to escape interrogation and possible prosecution.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had sought to interrogate Adenuga and his second wife, Titi in connection with its investigation into the 17.5 million euro Siemens bribery scandal.

Adenuga had written the anti-graft agency claiming that he was part of the federal government delegation to South Africa to attend the opening ceremony of the 2010 World Cup soccer competition and that he would make himself available to operatives of the agency as soon as the assignment was over.

THEWILL checks at the Office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) has however revealed that Adenuga was not on the federal government delegation. According to a circular obtained from the office, those on the list included Senate President David Mark (head of delegation), Governor Bukola Saraki (Kwara State); Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta State); Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers State); Sports Minister, Isa Bio; Youth Development Minister, Senator Akinlabi Olasunkanmi; Women Affairs Minister, Mrs. Josephine Anenih; Information and Communications Minister, Dora Akunyili, and former football federation secretary, Sani Toro, who served as secretary.

The federal government delegation to South Africa has since returned to Nigeria including other government officials, state governors, legislators and businessmen who trooped to South Africa to watch early matches. In fact, the Nigerian Super Eagles has officially left South Africa after they failed to qualify for the round of 16 but Otunba Mike Adenuga has deliberately stayed away from Nigeria.

One of Adenuga’s friends who opted to remain anonymous said the billionaire has no plans of honouring the EFCC invitation.

“Mike has gone underground. He won’t meet with the EFCC, he used the world cup as an excuse to buy some time but the Super Eagles early elimination exposed his plan, Complete reading at http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/06/mike-adenuga-and-wife-become-nigeria%E2%80%99s-newest-fugitives/

http://www.twitter.com/qmarkmag
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by chidichris(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
na today them begin look for adenuga?
what abt the harlibutton scandal?
let them get away.
this is in connection with ibb's intention to run for presidency.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Topic:
First, Mike is in Nigeria, he's very well and running his businesses as usual.
Second, I'm not sure if he was part of the federal government delegation to South Africa to attend the opening ceremony of the 2010 World Cup soccer competition; but let us use our common sense, and I will start by asking a couple of questions:
1. Who is the entity in Nigeria that is sponsoring Super Eagles for the past 5 years?
2. Who is the only Nigerian that continues to fund Supporters Club of Nigeria?
3. Who was the first Nigerian to promise Super Eagles an attractive gift if they were able to win their first game against Argentina?
4. Who again promised Super Eagles more attractive gift if they were able to make it to the second round?

Answer to all 4 questions is simply Mike Adenuga.
Therefore, if there was any list of Federal Government delegation to South Africa, Mike Adenuga's name should be the first on the list.
Finally, let me address this fake info.
According to the information I have, Mike visited EFCC as soon as he returned back from South Africa. He answered every single question and he was immediately cleared.
If not already, in few days there will be a letter from the EFCC posted on several national newspapers, stating that Mike Adenuga is not connected to the 17.5 million euro Siemens bribery scandal.

Infact, as soon as Mike's wife, Titi was mentioned in this story one should have immediately identified this story as nothing,  but a fake story for fools. If you know anything about Mike, you'll know that he will never never get his wife involved in any business engagement.

Mike Adenuga is cool, focused and working very hard to execute the New Glo project in Ghana. By the grace of almighty, I'm very certain that Mike will make us proud once again in Ghana.

Rule your world.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by MrFire: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^^^^
How does sports sponsorship negate the facts at hand that Adenuga has some criminal stories to tell EFCC? He could as well have been sponsoring sports with stolen money (benevolent corruption). And FYI he fled the country long before the world cup started.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Mr Fire:
Obviously, you're not paying attention.
Please stay away from sugar and read my post again; it is a very simple post.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by presido1: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Zomby,

what if he did all those with stolen money? am not saying he took the bribe but if he did and used it to sponsor super eagle of whatever should not be an excuse not to investigate him.

@poster
We all know the end result of Efcc investigation so have no hope.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by philip0906(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2010
zomby:

@Topic:
First, Mike is in Nigeria, he's very well and running his businesses as usual.
Second, I'm not sure if he was part of the federal government delegation to South Africa to attend the opening ceremony of the 2010 World Cup soccer competition; but let us use our common sense, and I will start by asking a couple of questions:
1. Who is the entity in Nigeria that is sponsoring Super Eagles for the past 5 years?
2. Who is the only Nigerian that continues to fund Supporters Club of Nigeria?
3. Who was the first Nigerian to promise Super Eagles an attractive gift if they were able to win their first game against Argentina?
4. Who again promised Super Eagles more attractive gift if they were able to make it to the second round?

Answer to all 4 questions is simply Mike Adenuga.
Therefore, if there was any list of Federal Government delegation to South Africa, Mike Adenuga's name should be the first on the list.
Finally, let me address this fake info.
According to the information I have, Mike visited EFCC as soon as he returned back from South Africa. He answered every single question and he was immediately cleared.
If not already, in few days there will be a letter from the EFCC posted on several national newspapers, stating that Mike Adenuga is not connected to the 17.5 million euro Siemens bribery scandal.

Infact, as soon as Mike's wife, Titi was mentioned in this story one should have immediately identified this story as nothing,  but a fake story for fools. If you know anything about Mike, you'll know that he will never never get his wife involved in any business engagement.
Mike Adenuga is cool, focused and working very hard to execute the New Glo project in Ghana. By the grace of almighty, I'm very certain that Mike will make us proud once again in Ghana.

Rule your world.
i concur wiff d bold part.as soon as i saw titi's name there,i know say d story get k-leg.but lets see how things go sha,na naija we dey
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by Depilot(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2010
The last time Mike was harrased by EFCC was 5 years ago when IBB made it clear that he was contesting for the presidential position. It is very interesting that Mike has been invited again as soon as it looks like IBB may be pulling for the high position again.
This country is a joke. The government is greatly useless, and the private business men who we are counting on are being politically harrased.
I don't care what anyone says about this great Nigerian (Mike), I will join the haters' club as soon as anyone could step out and identify any political or government position Mike has ever held.

Instead of fooling around and discouraging investors from investing their money in Nigeria, I say we should all go after the real problem in this country, THE LEADERS.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
There is nothing bad in investigating frudulent practices,if his guilty of any financial misappropriation,he should face the consequences,a business mogul or not.

A rogue business person is just as dangerous as a rogue politician.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by jcross19: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
@zomby, forget about sponsoring all these all that . adenuga might be one of those enemy of the country and for the sponsoring issue is doing that for his business
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2010
Why do you people continue to make big deal out Adenuga sponsoring the Super Eagles? FYI: sponsoring the Eagles is just 1% of what Mike does for this nation on a regular bases (and he's not among our leaders or held any government position)

Ok, I will go ahead and simplify my post:
I have mentioned that Adenuga was very involved in putting the Super Eagles together for the worldcup, only to justify the possibility of him being among the Federal Government delegation to South Africa and nothing else.

Mike Adenuga has answered EFCC and he was immediately cleared. infact, he was at the EFCC office in Lagos for less than 30 minutes.
Don't waste your time on this baseless story, let us move forward, because all parties involved (EFCC and Adenuga) have moved on.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by MrFire: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
zomby:

Why do you people continue to make big deal out Adenuga sponsoring the Super Eagles? FYI: sponsoring the Eagles is just 1% of what Mike does for this nation on a regular bases (and he's not among our leaders or held any government position)

Ok, I will go ahead and simplify my post:
I have mentioned that Adenuga was very involved in putting the Super Eagles together for the worldcup, only to justify the possibility of him being among the Federal Government delegation to South Africa and nothing else.

Mike Adenuga has answered EFCC and he was immediately cleared. infact, he was at the EFCC office in Lagos for less than 30 minutes.
Don't waste your time on this baseless story, let us move forward, because all parties involved (EFCC and Adenuga) have moved on.

EFCC has not cleared Adenuga. They are still waiting for him to honor their invitation. Stop the lies already.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
We shall see.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by Jarus(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
I was about posting 'where is zombie?' before I saw his post. You are a not-so-active NLder but it doesn't take 2 hrs after any thread on MA is opened before you buzz in. Just wondering.
Wel, I know you are more than capable of defending Mike(who I also personally admire).
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by otawa: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
There is nothing bad in investigating frudulent practices,if his guilty of any financial misappropriation,he should face the consequences,a business mogul or not.

A rogue business person is just as dangerous as a rogue politician

well said.

When is Patience GoodLuck wife is going to face music for her $2million Bayelsa money in 2007?
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by BigB11(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2010
let us all becareful before posting rubbish about anyone.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 8:44am On Jun 30, 2010
In a country like nigeria where even cleaners in an establishment demands bribe to carry out their duties,adenuga must be bribing and wining with the top devils for him to be getting the smooth flow in nigerian business scene and that needs to looked into.

Making money in nigeria in most cases are not by merits and hard work but by the political thieves and head of establishment one is connected to and that needs to stop.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by BigB11(m): 9:07am On Jun 30, 2010
In a country like nigeria where even cleaners in an establishment demands bribe to carry out their duties,adenuga must be bribing and winening with the top devils for him to be getting the smooth flow in nigerian business scene and that needs to looked into
Resun: your statement is very foolish, and I will give you an example why:

In a country like Nigeria where ladies sell themselves very cheap to survive, Redsun's Mum must also be selling herself to the top devils for her to be able to send Redsun to school.

Now, how does that sound?

My man, you can not continue to think like a pin head, it isn't acceptable.
Instead of castigating Mike we should be embracing the man for making the impossible to become possible all over Africa.

What have you gotten lately from all your leaders that continue to steal your money? Instead of hating on Mike, may be it isn't a bad idea to focus more on your leaders that steal your money to marry more wives.

FYI: Haters don't prosper, they hate and die face down hating themselves.
It is what it is, haters will reproduce, haters will come and haters will go, but they can never stop the blessing from God. The Bull, the Guru of all time, the first to show up at work and the last to leave work. Sky is the limit, fly on high and let them die hating.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by daminho(m): 9:15am On Jun 30, 2010
haters, u are nuts for writing this, i cant even see any sense in your article,you are just a dumb chauvinist, we all know that Adenuga is here to stay as one of the doyen of Nigeria sports and economy, HATERS get a life!!
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by cre8tivity(f): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2010

In a country like Nigeria where ladies sell themselves very cheap to survive, Redsun's Mum must also be selling herself to the top devils for her to be able to send Redsun to school.

grin grin grin grin grin oh my god, this man go kill me
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2010
Big B1:

My man, you can not continue to think like a pin head, it isn't acceptable.
Instead of castigating Mike we should be embracing the man for making the impossible to become possible all over Africa.

What have you gotten lately from all your leaders that continue to steal your money? Instead of hating on Mike, may be it isn't a bad idea to focus more on your leaders that steal your money to marry more wives.

FYI: Haters don't prosper, they hate and die face down hating themselves.
It is what it is, haters will reproduce, haters will come and haters will go, but they can never stop the blessing from God. The Bull, the Guru of all time, the first to show up at work and the last to leave work. Sky is the limit, fly on high and let them die hating.

Are u not the same the same person that is supports fugitive and rogue IBB?I know ur state of mind,dubious and unproductive,u don't make sense.You are an aider and abettor,therefore,invariably a criminal
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by BigB11(m): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2010
Redmoon: I did not expect you to get it.
But if Adenuga gives bribe, there is no doubt on my mind that your mum also sells herself to the top dogs to survive.

Nice day, sir.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2010
That a man like adenuga in nigeria is dubious is as plain as black and white but because u are damn too deluded,systematic corruption seems like a norm to u,a way of life.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
In a country like nigeria where even cleaners in an establishment demands bribe to carry out their duties,adenuga must be bribing and winening with the top devils for him to be getting the smooth flow in nigerian business scene and that needs to looked into
So, because cleaners in an establishment in Nigeria demand bribe automatically means Mike also gives bribe?
Let me ask you another question: Have you in your ridiculous lifetime in Nigeria given bribe to anyone b4?
You're not only a m0ron, but also a hopeless fo0l
Instead of hating on Mike it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a time out and ask your father where he was when Mike was making money.
Badbelly monkey.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2010
zomby:

So, because cleaners in an establishment in Nigeria demand bribe automatically means Mike also gives bribe?
Let me ask you another question: Have you in your ridiculous lifetime in Nigeria given bribe to anyone b4?
You're not only a m0ron, but also a hopeless fo0l
Instead of hating on Mike it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a time out and ask your father where he was when Mike was making money.
Badbelly monkey.

Zombies like u can only talk foolishly because you are a zombie,your mind is not functioning but u think it is.Always on about hate as if i am on your level of hating or adoring a rogue rich man in nigeria,even an im-becile like you can be rich in nigeria as long u are prepared to learn to be dubious and heartless.

He will soon be expose,that is if jonathan is ready to bail the cat and go after the untouchable criminals in nigeria.Just like he is letting the haliburton case disappear,he might still let this one go.

It is about reality,it about exposing the so-called business moguls that connives with the corrupt system we call government in nigeria to rob  the people dry and keep animals like you  silly and blind for life,worshiping ill gotten wealth
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by Depilot(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2010
Zombies like u can only talk foolishly because you are a zombie,your mind is not functioning but u think it is.Always on about hate as if i am on your level of hating or adoring a rogue rich man in Nigeria,even an im-becile like you can be rich in nigeria as long u are prepared to learn to be dubious and heartless.

He will soon be expose,that is if jonathan is ready to bail the cat and go after the untouchable criminals in nigeria.Just like he is letting the haliburton case disappear,he might still let this one go.

It is about reality,it about exposing the so-called business moguls that connives with the corrupt system we call government in nigeria to rob  the people dry and keep animals like you  silly and blind for life,worshiping ill gotten wealth
There is nothing more ridiculous than reading a post by a fo olish poster.
Mr. Redsun, please read your own post and tell me if it makes any sense.
I am sick and tired of weak excuses and senseless castigation. What have you done for this lovely country lately? could you please identify 5 things that your "incredible" leaders have done for us in this country? Outside Nigeria, apart from your crazy super Eagleless, what else can some say about our great country? Have you been to Ghana or Rep of Ben or even SA lately?
You can say whatever you want about this man, but I can tell you that Mike has done his part to develop this nation/ continent to the best of his ability. It is now up to us and others to show the world what we can do to develop Nigeria/ Africa.
Even white men in USA and other parts of Europe are looking up to Mike and also trying their best to reach out to the man. Whether you like it or not, Mike is still one of the best things that has ever happened to Nigeria for the past 50 years.

I will join the haters club as soon as you can identify any political or government position Mike has ever held in his life time as Nigerian.
Stop hating, and you definitely don't have to like the man, but let us be proud of what the man has accomplished and continue to accomplish not only in Nigeria, but also all over the world @ his young age.
Even Bill Gate of United state doesn't have a clean record when it comes to starting or doing business in USA. I can assure you that you will appreciate Mike more if you have ever done any business in Nigeria.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by redsun(m): 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2010
Depilot:

There is nothing more ridiculous than reading a post by a fo olish poster.
Mr. Redsun, please read your own post and tell me if it makes any sense.
I am sick and tired of weak excuses and senseless castigation. What have you done for this lovely country lately? could you please identify 5 things that your "incredible" leaders have done for us in this country? Outside Nigeria, apart from your crazy super Eagleless, what else can some say about our great country? Have you been to Ghana or Rep of Ben or even SA lately?
You can say whatever you want about this man, but I can tell you that Mike has done his part to develop this nation/ continent to the best of his ability. It is now up to us and others to show the world what we can do to develop Nigeria/ Africa.
Even white men in USA and other parts of Europe are looking up to Mike and also trying their best to reach out to the man. Whether you like it or not, Mike is still one of the best things that has ever happened to Nigeria for the past 50 years.

I will join the haters club as soon as you can identify any political or government position Mike has ever held in his life time as Nigerian.
Stop hating, and you definitely don't have to like the man, but let us be proud of what the man has accomplished and continue to accomplish not only in Nigeria, but also all over the world @ his young age.
Even Bill Gate of United state doesn't have a clean record when it comes to starting or doing business in USA. I can assure you that you will appreciate Mike more if you have ever done any business in Nigeria.

A spewing i-diot  like u.Even a slow child knows in nigeria that politicians work with heartless and greedy collaborators like adenuga to channel our funds and resources in the name of over inflated contracts and dubious quotations.

Since you are inherently imbued to see corruption and thuggery as a way of life,how will u know a rogue business man when u see one?
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2010
Bluesun:
You sound very bitter.
Again, where was your father when Adenuga was making money?
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by Depilot(m): 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2010
His father was in Abeokuta getting highhhhhhhh    grin
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by funmi2010: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mike Adenuga

Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by zomby(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2010
Nice one Funmi, but I have a recent and better pic of the guru from the final world cup game in SA (just last night). I will post it soon.
Re: Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. by proudly9ja(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
I don't think there is anything wrong in investigating anyone including Adenuga. If he is found culpable, he should be punished no matter his contributions to whatever in Nigeria.

My thoughts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa, Yoruba Traders’ Ejection Not Ethnic – Anambra / Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... / Picture Of Medview Airline B767-300ER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.