Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Let's Talk About Love. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Love. (45613 Views)

What About Love In The Quran? / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:
Why is the thread in the religious section?

Love? Hmm, even me no understand am again, still I believe so much in it.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by kamilous(m): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Love is an advancing feeling/emotion dat is more Dan likeness and it is also an acronym for
L- Liberty
o- opportunity
v- valuable
E- earnest...................... wat do u tink?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by blakky97(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2014
No! Let's talk about fairy tales
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by rigarmortis: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2014
love is a mirage unrealistic word men use to pressure girls into sex and girls use to enslave you and manipulate you subtly.

except you are talking of motherly/fatherly or siblings love/empathy, then we can redefine.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Votukpa(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2014
God is love
God so loved the world that he GAVE...
Not felt
Love is doing good
To people who do not deserve it
Ergo, Most women r incapable of real (unfailing) love.
True love is defined by sacrifice, not feelings.
If it doesn't hurt, its not sacrifice.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by LordaGuru: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2014
I believe in true Love.
Invest little time into knowing your own history, black men once ruled the world. Awesome discovery, click this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1983011/history-when-black-men-ruled
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Ghyft(f): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2014
Love has gone extinct for a while now.....even mother-child relationship does not reflect love anymore..
Jesus even said that love will be the identifying mark of true Christians... I wonder where that love is with even people who claim to be Christians or Muslims fighting against each other during war time....
'Love' in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship is a mere fallacy where each of them seek their own selfish gain.... It really is heart breaking...
Like someone said, God is love personified... He is the perfect example of love... He gives freely and happily without asking back anything from us..

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by johnstar(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2014
na diz kind tn gals dm dey lyk, c as dm full dis thread, rubbish.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2014
Love is a trick played on us by nature to achieve perpetuation of the human species

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Ok then If you have an explanation, I would Really like to hear your explanation, a lot of other people too would like to hear an explanation about how the light came without the sun.

Plssss we seriously need an explanation for it Since it is not impossible for you.
Again, you didn't respond to my comment religiously. Let me make it easy. I only plead your patience and reason. I just hope I am not derailing a thread.

Let's go.
By what means do you think an explanation of any kind be understood? Is it by the means it was arrived at or another means different from it. This is what I mean. Is it possible to discover mathematical truths by any method in English Language?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kunleskey(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2014
Let's talk about love i love the topic so so much.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by 4site4: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2014
worldly luv worldly luv Diaris GOD ooo
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by kilokeys(m): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2014
chai... girls want agape love but eros money
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Reyginus:
Again, you didn't respond to my comment religiously. Let me make it easy. I only plead your patience and reason. I just hope I am not derailing a thread.

Let's go.
By what means do you think an explanation of any kind be understood? This is what I mean. Is it possible to discover mathematical truths by any method in English Language?

Is English not a language. Ofcourse It's possible. How is math taught? Isn't it Through English?

Explain it and give examples of your explanation how is it possible to have light without sunlight,unless there is fire or any other artificial source of light. Then I will understand and believe you.

So I am all ears. You can explain how the light came about without the sun in English language.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

And God said,let there be light and there was light.

Please What is the source of this light When the sun wasn't created yet?

God Later created the plants,still without the sun. How manage? How did the plants survived without the presence of the sun light?

Then Later Later that God thought about creating the sun. What's now the purpose of creating the sun When there was light already? The plant didnt need sunlight to survive as shown previously and we dont need the light from the sun to see,so what was Gods purpose of creating the sun when there was light and darkness already.Does the earth need more light from the sun in addition to the light he brought with his words?

Can you smell the impossibility of this story? undecided

That story says it all. It's all man made. I won't force you to disbelief the Bible But this is my own evidence.

You are derailing the thread by the way.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by mployer(m): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2014
plaetton:

What I am trying to say is that when when atomic particle, for example charges, or excites another particle to it's own resonate frequency, they establish a harmony that I think is the subatomic equivalence of love, resonating in the same frequency.

The Earth, for example, has a harmonic frequency through which it bestows and sustains life among her children. Therefore, I t would be safe to say that the Earth communicates and spreads love to her children through harmonic resonance.

When we do same, we feel the harmonic resonance as an emotion that we call love.

Again, my 2 cents.

You Sound as though earth is a conscious being. Bro there is a supreme behind those amazing attributes of the earth, It is time You Started believing.

Hope I didn't derail undecided
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by freecocoa(f): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2014
Why do people say 'God gives freely without asking for anything in return'? Like really?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Romantic love is a FALLACY! Why?

Love should be unconditional, but every romantic love comes with a condition, how?

Before a guy approachesa girl for a relationship/friendship/marriage, he must have admired her physical attributes, e.g. Nice shape, nice voice, nice legs, nice hair, cute face, nice nails, nice eyes, etc..and before the girl accepts to date/marry the guy, she must have assessed and liked the guy's:

Height, accent, facial look, dress style, use of words, body scent, car, personality, family background (if possible), academic background, career/business background, belief (Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Budha, etc), etc.

Now, after considering the above qualities, the guy and the girl agrees to date, and in the process, out of their individual wants, gains, expectations met, and benefits, they like each other more, and then assume they are in love with each other just because they both met the conditions.

How many billionaires are in love and married to a wretched, ugly looking, jobless and physically challenged lady None! They always date/marry pretty models, super-models and cute girls from rich family backgrounds, and then claim they are in love with the girl just because the girl(s) met their expected qualities and conditions attached to their presumed love.

Same way, how many super-pretty ladies from first class family backgrounds marry ugly-looking poor guys? None! They always look for: tall, dark, handsome rich man to date and claim they are in love with him, fallacy!!

We all are deceiving ourselves because there is nothing like romantic love; love can never exist between two people that are not bloodly related without some attached conditions.

Love should be unconditional, but all what we call love today comes with conditions and expectations.

The only love that exist is divine love, others are FALLACY!

Divine love comes without conditions: we breathe whether sinners or not. The poor and the rich die irrespective of their status. Murderers live alongside innocent people. Rain fall for poor, rich, sinners and righteous equally..sun shine for all....snow for all, etc.
Nice topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Is English not a language. Ofcourse It's possible. How is math taught? Isn't it Through English?

Explain it and give examples of your explanation how is it possible to have light without sunlight,unless there is fire or any other artificial source of light. Then I will understand and believe you.

So I am all ears. You can explain how the light came about without the sun in English language.
Lol. You are missing the point. Teaching English Language is not a method in English Language. By methods, I mean, Lexis, Structures, Syntax, Stressing, etc.

If you understand me now, is there any method in English Language that one may use in arriving at a Mathematical truth? Or can you solve calculus with any method in English Language?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by newslife: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2014
u pple just dey speak grammer
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Dcaliphate(m): 11:36am On Nov 06, 2014
Love is sacrifice, its more of a commitment than an emotion. Thats why its patient and unconditional. It is far from just emotions. Thats y God is love.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by alexis007(m): 11:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Hahahahahahaha is that the best reply you can give me?

I think you are the one who needs to understand that this So called Yahweh is Nothing But a very strong MYTH

Let me help you out of ur delusion further.

Have you ever thought about your pagan grand parents who don't believe in Jesus, Where do you think they are? If your beliefs are true then all your ancestors are burning in hell!!!!! Why? Because they didn't believe in Jesus, will you Happy to see them burn in hell while you are in heaven having fun with Yahweh?

Does that make any sense to you? cheesy

It doesn't take over-sabi to be an atheist, it takes common sense and studying the Bible with an open mind to be an atheist.
as well as it takes foolish sentiments (like you wishing your grannies aren't in hell) and a warped perception (for God's sake,only fools say there is no God) to accept atheism.....the Bible and religion remains and would continue to remain the few bastions that protect and espouse morality...last time i checked,Science and a no-God belief system never upheld moral standards...(just waiting to hear some freaking idiots tell us someday that a man mating a man can actually result in the birth of a new breed-a development which they won't fail to ascribe to the theory of evolution)
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Love/limerence is the end product of a series of chemical reactions, end of! They never learn. Phew!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Reyginus:
Lol. You are missing the point. Teaching English Language is not a method in English Language. By methods, I mean, Lexis, Structures, Syntax, Stressing, etc.

If you understand me now, is there any method in English Language that one may use in arriving at a Mathematical truth? Or can you solve calculus with any method in English Language?

No.

Ok So how do you want to explain it?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Kay17:

You are derailing the thread by the way.

No vex. I don't want to be a snub.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2014
alexis007:
as well as it takes foolish sentiments (like you wishing your grannies aren't in hell) and a warped perception (for God's sake,only fools say there is no God) to accept atheism.....the Bible and religion remains and would continue to remain the few bastions that protect and espouse morality...last time i checked,Science and a no-God belief system never upheld moral standards...(just waiting to hear some freaking idiots tell us that a man mating a man can actually result in the birth of a new breed-which they won't fail to ascribe to the theory of evolution)

So you wish your grannies are in hell? How sadistic could you get?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by alexis007(m): 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
mployer:

You Sound as though earth is a conscious being. Bro there is a supreme behind those amazing attributes of the earth, It is time You Started believing.

Hope I didn't derail undecided
thanks bro....he would acknowledge perfection only to stick with Charles Darwins and his joke of a theory after that......my man,the more the randomness,the more the unfeasibility of perfection.....make thunder r.ape me anally if life started from a 'warm little pond'
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:
Why do people say 'God gives freely without asking for anything in return'? Like really?
lol
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kay17 I am Sorry If it seems like I am derailing. Christians say God is love,So by implication discussing "God" is discussing "love" as the title of the thread says "let's discuss love" I am indirectly discussing love, as long as God is love according to majority.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by maryhaam(f): 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Love the only fiction I know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / View Christian Free-to-air Channels / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.