Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,901 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

#2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? (1775 Views)

Chris Aigbovbiosa-Ogiemwonyi Is Edo Governorship APC Aspirant / Your Preferred Candidates For PDP And APC In 2015 Presidential Election / Nominate Your Preferred Candidate For 2015 Presidential Election . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
fellow ndito akwa ibom,2015 is almost here and we will soon make our choice on who will lead us come 2015.so far we've had over 30 aspirant wishing to be governor that have made public their intention to contest come 2015.

Now the question is ,who do u support for 2015?remember ur decision may make mar us as a progressive state.
few names below are those i know will contest;

1 udom emmanuel
2 ekpeyong ntekim
3 effiong abia
4 okon iyanam
5 Dr sam udonsak
6 Bassey albert (OBA)
7 umana umana
8 bishop sam akpan
9 nsima ekere
10 patrick ekpotu
11 john james akpan udoedeghe
12 Okpolupm Etteh
13 ben okoko
14 larry esin(akwa ibom donald duke)
15 Assam Assam (SAN)
among others.
i''ll be giving u their profile once i see ur comments below

akwa ibom ado ok!
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by frankyychiji(f): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Obong Bassey Albert.

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
my own choice is udom,not because he is from my zone(eket senatorial district),but because of his his vision and the fact that he has brought stability to the akwa ibom government.apart from this,we need someone like obiano.we dont need career politicians again.

in his one year of stay in government,he was able to single handedly attract an investment worth over $2b to the state,i.e the petrochemical plant by jim ovia in ibeno,this to me is spectacular and unprecedented.we need more of this so that we will drift away from bin a totally civil service state.

yes,udom is my choice,what about urs?

cc:akpanakwaibom, anonimi , ujoinme, Nctrice, SELENAqueensy,Atouke

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
frankyychiji:
Obong Bassey Albert.

but he has stepped down.he is now gunning for senatorial seat.can he unseat ita enang?i doubt
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Gboliwe: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
I have been in Akwa-Ibom a little over a year now but I have watched and observed the politics in the state. While Udom Emmanuel is everywhere, he makes the loudest noise, has the biggest signpost and is just everywhere, Nsima Ekere appears to be the very quiet type. I see him like Sullivan Chime of Enugu state. I will prefer him to others. Bassey Albert (Oba) that one appears to be a strong force to stand. Which of them is Attah backing?

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Na Udom we want oh!

Meanwhile, who is larry esin and how is he akwa ibom's donald duke?

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Gboliwe:
I have been in Akwa-Ibom a little over a year now but I have watched and observed the politics in the state. While Udom Emmanuel is everywhere, he makes the loudest noise, has the biggest signpost and is just everywhere, Nsima Ekere appears to be the very quiet type. I see him like Sullivan Chime of Enugu state. I will prefer him to others. Bassey Albert (Oba) that one appears to be a strong force to stand. Which of them is Attah backing?

u maybe right to some extent.nsima ekere is a nice man,but can he attract investors to the state?i doubt.he was a deputy govt for 2yrs sha,but i love the guy .
attah is supporting an opponents of the PDP and that was what he did in 2007 when he couldn't installed his son inlaw as a governor
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
obongproff:
Na Udom we want oh!

Meanwhile, who is larry esin and how is he akwa ibom's donald duke?

he has similar character as donald duke,doesnt talk much.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

he has similar character as donald duke,doesnt talk much.

No! Not similar karacta. I mean what has he done, as in achieved dat enables him to be compared with duke? No be talk mata.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Enoquin(f): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
I am indifferent. I don't want a governor that won't capitalise on what this present government has done.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by ujoinme: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:
my own choice is udom,not because he is from my zone(eket senatorial district),but because of his his vision and the fact that he has brought stability to the akwa ibom government.apart from this,we need someone like obiano.we dont need career politicians again.

in his one year of stay in government,he was able to single handedly attract an investment worth over $2b to the state,i.e the petrochemical plant by jim ovia in ibeno,this to me is spectacular and unprecedented.we need more of this so that we will drift away from bin a totally civil service state.

If you really want my view on the issue they are posted here https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures/57 i really dont feel like repeating myself.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Atouke: 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

have they started construction of the said petrochemical plant? is there anything on ground yet? because my little research on the internet yielded no information on the project. I really hope this is not another political gimmick.

2 Likes

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by mainheart(m): 12:31am On Nov 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

but he has stepped down.he is now gunning for senatorial seat.can he unseat ita enang?i doubt
yes he can unseat Ita enang. that idiotic only make noise in the house, the worst performed senator
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:44am On Nov 04, 2014
Enoquin:
I am indifferent.
nigerianvenom:
nsima ekere is a nice man,but can he attract investors to the state?i doubt.he was a deputy govt for 2yrs sha,but i love the guy .
attah is supporting an opponents of the PDP

Udom Emmanuel as a 'non-godfathered' aspirant would have been a good sell 'cause he's relatively a fresh face and not necessarily an extension of the old bloc of leaders...but he's not.
He's got too many transferred enemies from his godfather(s) which makes him a polarizing figure.
Nsima Ekere seems to play his cards in Abuja 'cause he's been seen frolicking with those at the centre which gives him comparative edge over the others. And also he's one of the top 7 most influential men from Eket Senatorial district.
Patrick Ekpotu seems to be a rallying figure for both sides of the divide. He's also from the same L.G.A as Nsima. He's seen as a modest and less ambitious man, hence the powers that be in the state would prefer someone who wouldn't relegate them to the background when he gets into office.

I attended Udom Emmanuel's rally out of curiosity here in Uyo two Tuesdays ago (at the expense of seeing a movie at the cinema with a friend) and boy! the turn out was massive...same with Nsima's rally in Eket .and Bishop's too.

This is going to be interesting. May the best man (from Eket Senatorial district) win.
GOOD BLESS AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE!

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Nctrice(m): 4:10am On Nov 04, 2014
I see no reason why you guys would not want power to go to Oron!
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 6:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Enoquin:
I am indifferent. I don't want a governor that won't capitalise on what this present government has done.

dont be indifferent, when u see a potential visionary leader,u will know.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 6:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Atouke:

have they started construction of the said petrochemical plant? is there anything on ground yet? because my little research on the internet yielded no information on the project. I really hope this is not another political gimmick.

yes,they have resume work.i've been there twice or thrice.dont depend on internet, always take a stroll to see things for urself.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 6:17am On Nov 04, 2014
mainheart:
yes he can unseat Ita enang. that idiotic only make noise in the house, the worst performed senator

no,i still doubt.no senator from akwa ibom apart from udoma udo udoma has performed half as ita enang.infact u cant list five senators currently in nigeria without including ita boy
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 6:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Nctrice:
I see no reason why you guys would not want power to go to Oron!

how
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by samtol4(m): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Nsima Ekere is the best candidate .He is humble and very intelligent .he has a lot to offer

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by anonimi: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

no,i still doubt.no senator from akwa ibom apart from udoma udo udoma has performed half as ita enang.infact u cant list five senators currently in nigeria without including ita boy

When you say a lawmaker aka senator has performed, what is your yardstick
Could it be

- the number of legislative bills he has sponsored to address issues of concern to his zone,
- the number of federal projects he has attracted to the zone to create employment etc
- the number of investors he has attracted to the zone to further create employment etc.
or
- the amount of 'free' money he dashes people in the zone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Tycike: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2014
AJU 2015. power belongs to God
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by mainheart(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

what has he done for his senatorial district man

1 Like

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Cristo88: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2014
I humbly pick Mr Udom Emmanuel! The system in Akwa Ibom needs a fresh blood and non-recycled politician! We need someone who can guarantee sustainable development and uncommon industrialization in AKS! We need a detribalized Governor,we need a governor who has global investor connections, believe me Mr UDOM is the answer! Yes they is a saying "empty vessels make they loudest noise" but trust me, Udom is far from an empty vessel, Udom is the answer of what a future Akwa Ibom needs! I am highly UDOMESTICATED #TheNewBreed

Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by ba7man(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2014
anonimi:

When you say a lawmaker aka senator has performed, what is your yardstick
Could it be

- the number of legislative bills he has sponsored to address issues of concern to his zone,
- the number of federal projects he has attracted to the zone to create employment etc
- the number of investors he has attracted to the zone to further create employment etc.
or
- the amount of 'free' money he dashes people in the zone
- The amount of Tap water he was able to provide.
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by anonimi: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2014
ba7man:
- The amount of Tap water he was able to provide.

Na why you too dey like look for trouble when im dey sleep jejely. grin
You see as I nor talk that one sake of sey make I nor expose Fashola nyansh more, more cheesy
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by ba7man(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2014
anonimi:

Na why you too dey like look for trouble when im dey sleep jejely. grin
You see as I nor talk that one sake of sey make I nor expose Fashola nyansh more, more cheesy
Keep calm and drink Tap water. cheesy
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
mainheart:
what has he done for his senatorial district man

what do u expect from a senator?to build roads?
the federal poly ukana was as a result of ita enang's deed,sadly,akpabio influenced it to be sited in his home town.personally i have no problem about that
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by anonimi: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

what do u expect from a senator?to build roads?
the federal poly ukana was as a result of ita enang's deed,sadly,akpabio influenced it to be sited in his home town.personally i have no problem about that

Now this is what I am talking about as performance measurement.
However if indeed it came via his senatorial lobbying he should also have been able to ensure it is "properly" located wink
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by Nctrice(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

how
nigerianvenom power going to eket could mean two things.
1. It could mean power is going to the 3rd Senatorial district in Akwa-Ibom state.
2. It could also mean power could also be going back to Ibibio Nation!
Re: #2015akwaibom Politics: Who Is Your Preferred Aspirant And Why? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nctrice:
nigerianvenom power going to eket could mean two things.
1. It could mean power is going to the 3rd Senatorial district in Akwa-Ibom state.
2. It could also mean power could also be going back to Ibibio Nation!

is onna not part of eket?the fact that the speak ibibio doesnt mean they ain't ekid.
the fact that okobo doesnt speak oro dialect doesnt mean they are not part of oro nation

(1) (Reply)

Verditc 2015: Does Tinubu Really Want Buhari As President? / Jonathan Cannot Win 2015 Elections - Asari Dokubo / Nigerians Blast Gov.Fayose On Twitter Over His Controversial PDP Ad(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.