Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 (25533 Views)

Jiayu F2 4G LTE Phone Personal Review / Tecno M5(my Personal Review / The HTC One Android Smartphone - Full Specification And Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
slinkman:
the number 1 best phone in the World now is still the htc one m8. check google

LOOOL , na by google. buy am first before you conclude !!!
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
bosun11:

thanks for your advice , but i don't think i wanna use a blackberry anymore for now though....cheers

Why? angry
Your namesake is telling you phone to buy - you're talking something else

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
ezzylee:

Yep..... It'll definitely last long if you're not a heavy user.

just surfing on the internet and social media stuffz....sure i know..thanks
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by slinkman(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
bosun11:

LOOOL , na by google. buy am first before you conclude !!!
already using it. and yes its the best. i don't know why people speak poorly of the camera here but mine serves me really great, should be on par with the iphone camera. watch YouTube reviews of htc camera. yes the megapixel fails when it comes to resolution, but the picture its really perfect. this is a picture of my old phones i took with my htc one.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by DAVE5(m): 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
Collinz2:
the guy get tecno fever, he go still pic tecno.

be like say nah to find the nearest pastor make them do deliverance for am b dat ohhh...
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Why? angry
Your namesake is telling you phone to buy - you're talking something else

LOOOL, i don leave blackberry world since...the wahala of d blackberry too much...meanwhile i don't wanna rush but take my time before dropping a penny.how have u been though??
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
slinkman:
already using it. and yes its the best. i don't know why people speak poorly of the camera here but mine serves me really great, should be on par with the iphone camera. watch YouTube reviews of htc camera. yes the megapixel fails when it comes to resolution, but the picture its really perfect. this is a picture of my old phones i took with my htc one.

cool..you took this with htc m8 camera whats the brand of the htc in that pics?? htc one mini i think ... nice one though
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
bosun11:

LOOOL, i don leave blackberry world since...the wahala of d blackberry too much...meanwhile i don't wanna rush but take my time before dropping a penny.how have u been though??

__ but I use a Q10 - it was 1year as @July'14 and it has never given me any issue.
I wanna change it to a Passport but I haven't seen anyone using the passport to give me a veracious review on it. Make I no go buy problem. I don't think I can use anything aside BB/Nokia/Apple...I can diversify a bit to Samsung. Yea...take your time to drop any penny abeg.
I am fine o. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Collinz2(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
DAVE5:

be like say nah to find the nearest pastor make them do deliverance for am b dat ohhh...
make i deliver the guy instead
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by slinkman(m): 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
double post
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by slinkman(m): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
bosun11:

cool..you took this with htc m8 camera whats the brand of the htc in that pics?? htc one mini i think ... nice one though
yes bro, thats the htc one mini, anf yes i took the pic with thr htc one m8. i even have much more really clearer pictures i have taken with it. here is a twitter feed from htc about the camera of m8. even a model used it for shots

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Bosun13: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
U pple that running 4rm BB to android are now running back thanks to bb10 ...just like me too av try a lot of android frm s4 to z2 to htc one m7 but all I can see is lagging to nonproductvity . They can't give me d advantages of bb hub and non laggy and fluidity of blackberry. Evr since I bought bbz30 is incomparable to all those android and I dnt care of those paper specification of android bt real life usage is much mattr to me, that's is y I respect iphones so fluid bt if u can avoid to buy iphone d next alternativ for u is to go for either q5,q10,z10 or z30. That's my best advise for u oooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by ArchFreelancer(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
bosun11:

thanks for your advice , but i don't think i wanna use a blackberry anymore for now though....cheers

Oga, Google the keywords: HTC ONE m8 trusted reviews

Or HTC ONE M8 The verge.

Those two sites are reputable internationally acclaimed gadget reviewers

Click the corresponding results . You should get full, hands on unbiased reviews of the device.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
ArchFreelancer:

Oga, Google the keywords: HTC ONE m8 trusted reviews

Or HTC ONE M8 The verge.

Those two sites are reputable internationally acclaimed gadget reviewers

Click the corresponding results . You should get full, hands on unbiased reviews of the device.

OGA , Thank you.....funny man
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by ArchFreelancer(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
bosun11:

OGA , Thank you.....funny man

How my post take funny na
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bizzle2: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
airsaylongcon:

Gimme a quote! I don't do PMs (anonymity freak).
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bizzle2: 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
all these ppl making noise about battery life and camera quality sef..
Ok, lemme put this out, before u start talking crap about a phone's battery life make sure u dont..
(1)have a third hand phn with some fake battery, or replaced parts
(2)use a fake charger
(3)use a charger with the wrong output specs...

alota ppl think charger na charger..as long as they have the same micro usb plug. very flawed assumption.

the output specification of that charger determines how much charge your phone receives per sec and how healthy the charging process will be for your device.
my htc one m8 charges in about an hour frm 5% to 100% (with its genuine OEM charger; phone shipped frm the U.S. and d quality of the charger is not in doubt). now the same phone takes over `1 hr 45 mins to undergo the same charge with a genuine micro usb charger for the blackberry bold 9900 ( the blackberry phn was purchased in the uk and came with an authentic charger as well)
why the difference in charge time between the two authentic chargers on the same device?...
the blackberry bold 9900 charger outputs a 5v 0.75A (750mA), while the charger for the htc one m8 outputs at 5v 1.5Amps
thats double the amperage on the other. so the charge time and the strength of charge is significantly different.

Quality of charger,
Output Current
Authenticity of the Battery
very important factors that greatly affect the battery use time on your mobile devices
so while Mr A is having a shitty battery life on a device, Mr B could be having an excellent time with the same model.

by the way, I'm nt saying all blackberry chargers output at 0.75A or that all htc chargers output at 1.5A....the output current varies by design to suit the need of the device's battery
always read the information under or at the back of any charger u intend to use (the output is always stated) and correspond it with the input requirements of your own device.

oh and by the way, the battery life on the htc one m8 is the best on any mobile device i have ever owned, I easily get a full day's use with one charge. all the videos on my device are HD or atleast 780p and with 30% battery i can watch a 2hr movie without the fear of my phone crapping out before the end

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bizzle2: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
thats the charger for the htc one m8 (US version, hence the two flat pins, the pins vary from region to region) all htc m8 chargers output at 1.5A as seen in the picture, regardless of region
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by abatically(m): 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gerrard59:

10/10

Design/Construction

It screams Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All aluminum expect the sides that concern the volume controls. A beauty to behold, the ONLY Droid that comes close is the Xperia's, the plastics Galaxies are no where to be found, even if you use torch light, you won't still sight them talk more seeing them. Walking round school, dudes and gals looking at the phone with some even gasping. To quote one guy, " I have seen many android phones, but this is the most Beautiful I set my eyes on". For me, if this phone were a lady, I would have proposed.

10/10

No doubt one of the most beautiful android phones around. I have the HTC one m7, love the boom sound, m7 even got beats audio. I wanted to upgrade to m8 but decided to get the LG g3 because the m8's camera sucks.

Back to the design, it is a very good design, but I prefer the build of the LG g3. The HTC one m8 is fully aluminum which makes it slippery an uncomfortable to hold. Even the smaller m7 is less comfortable to hold than the bigger LG g3. The LG g3 is 5.5 inches while the m8 is 5 inches but the m8 looks bigger. Thanks to the small bezel on the LG.

All in all, the LG g3 has a better design. The m8 is good to look at, but terrible to hold. The only time u can enjoy holding the m8 is when u put it in a case. But then hiding it in a case hides the beauty of phone. I can hardly type with my HTC one m7 when not in a case. I hate the case, but that's the only way I can get a good grip on the phone. Bad design if u ask me and this is where Samsung and LG got it right.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by abatically(m): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
francis247:
It's The same loss other OEMS on the android platform including HTC have been recording on a yearly basis that Samsung recorded for the very first time. Just Admit that you crossed the line dissing Samsung in a review, not even a comparison. LMAO @ poor marketing. At least you admit that HTC is no match 4 Samsung in one aspect.

Build quality HTC beats Samsung, but that is where it ends. Its like HTC focused on the looks of the phone and forgot that people will actually have to hold the phone to use it. U can't type for long with the HTC one m8 without feeling uncomfortable, unless u put it in a plastic bumper case. With the lg g3 or galaxy s5, u can feel its comfortable to hold than the HTC one m8. I have both the HTC one and lg g3 and for me lg got better build overall even though its made of brushed plastic at the back. A good design is not all about aluminum, u also have to consider how it feels in the hand over extended use.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by airsaylongcon: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
bizzle2:
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2014
xtervaganza:
Are you making an htc review or yabbing Samsung?

You made your choice by purchasing htc which is a fantastic phone, no need to prove yourself right again by mentioning samsung much more than htc in your review.

Good phone I must say. But the Samsung you keep yabbing made android really popular
They don't know.. S4 noni.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

__ but I use a Q10 - it was 1year as @July'14 and it has never given me any issue.
I wanna change it to a Passport but I haven't seen anyone using the passport to give me a veracious review on it. Make I no go buy problem. I don't think I can use anything aside BB/Nokia/Apple...I can diversify a bit to Samsung. Yea...take your time to drop any penny abeg.
I am fine o. kiss

lol, that is alright anyway.......thanks for your advice........... smiley smiley
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bosun11(m): 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
bizzle2:
all these ppl making noise about battery life and camera quality sef..
Ok, lemme put this out, before u start talking crap about a phone's battery life make sure u dont..
(1)have a third hand phn with some fake battery, or replaced parts
(2)use a fake charger
(3)use a charger with the wrong output specs...

alota ppl think charger na charger..as long as they have the same micro usb plug. very flawed assumption.

the output specification of that charger determines how much charge your phone receives per sec and how healthy the charging process will be for your device.
my htc one m8 charges in about an hour frm 5% to 100% (with its genuine OEM charger; phone shipped frm the U.S. and d quality of the charger is not in doubt). now the same phone takes over `1 hr 45 mins to undergo the same charge with a genuine micro usb charger for the blackberry bold 9900 ( the blackberry phn was purchased in the uk and came with an authentic charger as well)
why the difference in charge time between the two authentic chargers on the same device?...
the blackberry bold 9900 charger outputs a 5v 0.75A (750mA), while the charger for the htc one m8 outputs at 5v 1.5Amps
thats double the amperage on the other. so the charge time and the strength of charge is significantly different.

Quality of charger,
Output Current
Authenticity of the Battery
very important factors that greatly affect the battery use time on your mobile devices
so while Mr A is having a shitty battery life on a device, Mr B could be having an excellent time with the same model.

by the way, I'm nt saying all blackberry chargers output at 0.75A or that all htc chargers output at 1.5A....the output current varies by design to suit the need of the device's battery
always read the information under or at the back of any charger u intend to use (the output is always stated) and correspond it with the input requirements of your own device.

oh and by the way, the battery life on the htc one m8 is the best on any mobile device i have ever owned, I easily get a full day's use with one charge. all the videos on my device are HD or atleast 780p and with 30% battery i can watch a 2hr movie without the fear of my phone crapping out before the end

smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pardon me, but the BoomSound is effective. No matter how noisy the environment may be, you can enjoy and watch and play your multimedia files and you won't get any distraction from the crowd.

Audio 11/10.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by omoredd: 2:08am On Dec 21, 2014
Looking for who to help root and unlock my bootloader on htc one m8. Spent over 18 hours trying to unlock the bootloader... my pc never see's the phone and the htc device manager does not see it. Tried the htc unlock kit but it did not root the phone even afted seeing it. Am willing to pay, so used to samsung and sony devices and the ease in which i tweek my android device before getting htc one m8.... i might have to trade the phone if i cant help in unlocking the bootloader and rooting it. XDA and all the other sites stories are not helping my problem
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by spaceboy: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2014
symbian03:
Yeah this phone rocks. The new Boomsound sounds better than the Beataudio in my opinion.
Well FYI boomsound is still beats audio,they just changed it's name,by them I mean HTC
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by spaceboy: 9:11am On Dec 23, 2014
Collinz2:
yea, they are the only phone with great graphics.
Only an amateur will say HTC's LCD displays are as good as Samsung's amoled displays
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Seun(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2014
jeffery1212:
It's difficult to hold cause of its slim nature , and scratches easily (that if you don't use it with that ugly rubber case ). But it's a wonderful phone ....this is my 5th month of using the phone .
I love the translucent rubber case. I see no reason not to use it as it was designed to look good with the phone.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Collinz2(m): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2014
Seun:
I love the translucent rubber case. I see no reason not to use it as it was designed to look good with the phone.
not just to make the phone look good and it prevent shock
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by EMEzzy(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
I'd like to buy this phone, how much can I get it and where i can get one of quality. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.