Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Have You Ever Missed A Flight? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Missed A Flight? (26934 Views)

Pics: Air Hostess Feeds A Paralyzed Elderly Man On A Flight / How Can I Book A Flight Ticket to China Online. / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by pansophist(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
plasmadocument:

What about the girl

She de England.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by janvier27(m): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Yes. Terrible experience. I was to leave kampala for lgs by 01am. I somehow misread the departure timeto be 1pm following day. That was very unlike me cos I'm usually meticulous with my plans. I got to the airport 'early' the following morning, thinking I'd ve to wait all day for the afternoon flight. Only to be told my flight left since 1am. I had to reschedule at a high cost, and had to go and spend an unplanned 1 night in addis en route lgs. Now I always take my time to study tickets very well o.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by NEROSKY(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
Catered4:

Exactly dear, my good deeds paved ways for me. It's really good to be good. Theses 3 things I don't joke with; My Tithe, The Needy and The Prophets.

God bless u
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by hellovee(m): 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
missing flight could mea something terrible at times,I remember that day I was at muritala airport ard ard 630 for check in which I did successfully so I decided to relax a bit before proceding to the next stages cos I realise once I go their noor coming back, wen I felt its time for me to go I did and gotten to health section they ssk e to fill son form by then it was ard 8pm I finish then que with others not knowing they are going on different airline which is 1030 flight I was on the queue till ard 920 I quicklyove to the front to ask for assistance from immigration they attended to me a d I proceeded to the ndlea and by the time I got to the final stage bliv me it was ard 9:35 meanwhile I was told d captain order dem not to open the plane. before me Lol this they start the engine and depart for the ten hours journey .I was with 3 white and 2black ladies who miss their flight too.no ngr money on me then to even get balance to eat. I ended up sleeping on a table at the airport that night and resheldul my flight the next few days.that nit I van never forget iny life I felt so bad
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
I have had four near misses last month alone. I travel light most times so i could afford to beg them to lower the stairway for me to hurry in but the mean look on the other passengers' faces though.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Pls does anyone know how much they reschedule ticket from lagos to kano on flyaero? Thanx.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by temmym4(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Yeah, once. my first time, on a trip to Malaysia with Egypt air. my flight was scheduled for 2pm, spent 2 hours in Lagos hold-up and I eventually got to the airport 20mins after it took off. Had to pay extra fee and It was rescheduled for another 3 days. 2pm was the take-off, trust me this time I was at the airport at 10am. the witch way go come make me miss this one again go try. lol. that was a long time though, I ll always remember grin
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by ElijahFobs: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
I luv dis topic....well mine was frm KUL-LOS n I was to fly by 8pm, I left home around 4pm wit d hope of gettin to airport around 5:30 6... buf devil sent hold up frm hell to delay me..to cut d story short...I got to airport at exactly 7:45pm I went straight to deir counter to check in n i was told d worst news of dat day (in malaysian way of speaking english) "sir ur flight is leavin in 5mins n counter closed already" forgetin sey him no be 9ja man na so i shout sey o ya were..cos my visa was expirin dat day by 12 mid nite..so I asked wen is d nxt flight..he said its gon be 3am buf because of me dey wil reopen counter by 11pm so dat dey cn check me in b4 mid nite cos imiga for malaysia no dey play wif person wey no get visa...I jst gave d guy $100 n was checked in exactly 11pm...if una see d way i take run go departure lounge

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by otimothy(m): 6:29am On Nov 06, 2014
missed ma flight gained a babe sha in ma case,was travelling bck from ph to lagos wif aero contractors i don been book my economy jeje o and the flight was slated for 11:50am,wen rumusomefin hold up show me hell i just got to the airport when i was looking at my flight heading for the runway,e be like say make i dey run pursue am to cut the long story short i had to pay 26k+ extra to take the next flight though it was business class na anger i take chop everyfin,ate the rice,drank the damn juice even carried my newspaper say afterall i sha be first class......
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Mcowubaba: 7:46am On Nov 06, 2014
holatin:

English teacher pls we need you in sambisa forest for d chibok girls.
back to the context, unfortunately I can't start lecturing u about English and use of unfortunately.
u got me wrong..i was nt tryin to CORRECT...i was only trying to ENCOURAGE.....tanks...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by holatin(m): 8:35am On Nov 06, 2014
holatin:
unfortunately I've nt travel by air before

# no forming
thanks to those that like my post, may you be loved like money, adore like gold and needed like air.
God bless u all.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by holatin(m): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Mcowubaba:
u got me wrong..i was nt tryin to CORRECT...i was only trying to ENCOURAGE.....tanks...
k sir Ve just made EBA, ow about we eating EBA and draw soup to settle this.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by ritux: 10:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Nice thread.

Well, mine wasn't a missed flight but wrong booking. I was to travel to Edinburgh with KLM from Lagos. I asked someone to book my ticket for me as I was too busy with other things then. On the day of my travel, I decided to just look at my ticket only for me to see that I had to wait over 12 hours for my connecting flight from Amsterdam Schiphol to Edinburgh. I asked the person who booked my ticket why she had to do that. She said she did not notice the connecting time but went for the cheapest ticket. I got to the airport well on time and went straight to KLM office. They checked and came back telling me there is nothing they can do and that I should contact their office desk at Schiphol airport. Finally got to Schiphol around 5:50Am. Went straight to the KLM desk to see what they can do. I waited for close to 1 hr and a gemtleman came ad told me I had to pay about some outrageous amount for them to put me in any of the next connecting flight. I had just 100 pounds on me without my credit or debit card. I just told the guy never mind. I had to stay in the airport till 9:50pm for my connecting flight. Na so hunger wire me that day enh...I had to beg one black casual worker at the airport if he could get me tooth paste and brush or even sef just the paste, I don't mind because my mouth don dey ooze. After moving round the airport doing window shopping, nai I enter one corner crash till when my flight time reach.

My brothers experience was a near miss. He was coming to Naija with Arik from Heathrow. Flight was scheduled for 12 noon. We left home well on time. Took underground train going to the airport. On our way, na so train spoil, no way to come out, time dey go before some engineers came and started working on it. They finish repairing the fault around 11:45. My guy don dey sweat remaining to shit for body. Finally got to the airport around 12:30. Luckily for him, flight was delayed for 1 hr but the boarding was over. Na so we beg before they made some calls and then allowed him to check in. Only for them to weigh his bad, it was more than 30kg....for where, who wan reason that one again. He was about leaving his bag behind with me, only for one lady to ask him to bring it and that was it.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by seangy4konji: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Funny thread.

I missed one last year march.Los-Dxb via emirate and it was my fault...I had checked in my luggages and still had about 2 hours or more before gate closed to i looked up at one bar upstairs inside that muritallar and started drinking heineken with my woman...One hour to go?she adviced i went through all the immigration and stuffs and while going down again?i saw a bar where i could rush one again and decided to drink one more for the road thinking i still had time,by the time i got there,they had closed and saw the lady who adviced me ealier that i was tipsy and should not drink one more,i begged but nothing they could do...

I did not know lagos very well so i just went upstairs again and continued drinking and when i was really drunk?i dropped my bag on the floor,laid there and slept off...I woke up around 4.30 am and i started gisting with one mopol who took me to the car park for alomo again and cigarrettes..people started arriving in the morning and i bought a tooth brush,entered the toilet and cleaned up,paid $100 for the next flight in the morning and had to go through the wahala of reclaiming my bags,i was still high so i was just blabbing jargons to the people who had my bag,they had to just leave me without collecting their egunje...

The funniest part was when the girls wanted to check me again in the morning and started making jest of me saying but bros we tell you say you don drunk yesterday you no gree listen go sit down...i just laugh say abeg leave matter make i deh go jare.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by miqos02(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
jennykadry:
Yes within Australia though. I was headed to some country town in Queensland but my flight to Queensland was delayed by 2 hours, and thanks to that I missed my connecting flight to my destination.

The airline decided to lodge me in a hotel in Brisbane for a night. If Na so hotel dey fine abeg I want continue missing my flights grin I was lodged in sebel citigate in Brisbane right across the street from a gigantic shopping mall called the queen street mall-shopping time. The mall is so big that it will take me a good 2 weeks if not more to see the whole place. Talk about my room and the soft king size bed plus mini bar fridge with all the Jedi jedi inside plus they gave me meal tickets; for lunch, dinner and breakfast the next morning plus a voucher to use in the bar to get drinks. Plus Na limousine drive me from airport to hotel and back to airport again grin

God bless that airline and I hope they delay their flights the next time I fly with them
chai, you must be a good cook, very detailed experience
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by talk2sonia(f): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
It has happen to me once from Abuja to Port, since den i come learn my lesson o cos he beta make i go wait dan miss cos life go just tire u for the extra fee u go pay to reschedule.( no show fees, rescheduling fees and what have u).
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by miqos02(m): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
stonemind:
that was in may this year when i tried traveling to Lisbon, Portugal to buy my iPhone 6+
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by bumitek02(m): 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Na people wey don chop belle full dey miss flight, person like me if my flight schedule is 8pm I wll be at mm2 10am, watin I dey do for house?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by tellwisdom: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
They place me on another first class.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by tellwisdom: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
drlawizle:
Pls does anyone know how much they reschedule ticket from lagos to kano on flyaero? Thanx.

Yes. 600naira. sad
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Oluomo6: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
KLand:

Sorry. It happens.

Yea, thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Bossman(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Air France likely paid the full fare for a day. It's just that checkout time at hotels is usually between 11 am- 12 PM. Regardless of when you checked in.

justwise:
Yes I have and the experience is a tasteless one.

Was supposed to get a connecting flight to Hong Kong via Paris but missed it because of delay at healthrow, we got to Paris at 11.59pm and the next flight to Hong Kong is 11pm next day. Those with transit visa and EU citizens were quickly taken to hotel while some of us were made to wait ages while air France sort out transit visa for us but my ordeal did not end there.

I was finally taken to a hotel at about 2am thinking that air France paid for the whole duration but I was wrong, they paid till 12pm. When I woke up, had my breakfast then went out sightseeing around Paris, came back around 2pm to found out that my swipe card has been disabled locking me out of the hotel room.

It was then that I was told that air France paid for half day, I went straight to the airport to confront air France but they refused to pay for the remaining hours only offered to pay for my lunch while I spent the remaining hours at the airport.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
tellwisdom:

Yes. 600naira. sad

Are you for real or a joker?
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Oluomo6: 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
drlawizle:

Rescheduling should cost about N6,000.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Bossman:
Air France likely paid the full fare for a day. It's just that checkout time at hotels is usually between 11 am- 12 PM. Regardless of when you checked in.

They did not tell me that, blaming air France for paying for half day.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Oluomo6:

Rescheduling should cost about N6,000.

Say wat?
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Mcowubaba: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
holatin:

k sir Ve just made EBA, ow about we eating EBA and draw soup to settle this.
THANKS....peace...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Antell95(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
Had to pay extra 2h dollar for that!
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Nice, missing a flight for me is what I am still going to write home about. The best, exhausting, dramatic escapade I will never forgot because it was my first time flying.

I was excited about leaving "flying" and anxious about going.

I have heard so many weird stories about flights, all the missing planes, the crashes and the thought of dying kept me clutching my duvet tightly under my chin waiting for the alarm to ring. My flight was @ 7am and I had to be at the airport atleast 2hours prior the flight.

I couldn't wake up when my alarm rang, I moved it up to 2hours later, which was an hour before my flight. When reality finally sucked in, it was late, I arrived at the airport 15minutes before my flight and I was told to pay the penalty fee for them to book me into another flight. I made calls as I was flying around Southern Africa, I couldn't leave the airport to get cash, but nobody came through, I had to go back to my place to get cash. When I returned, the flight they booked for me had also left me behind, the penalty fee had skyrocked. It was midday and I was pissed, wanted to give up and asked them to cancel the flight....but I did manage to get the last flight of the day with a reduced amount, if it wasn't for THE FIRST TIME ehn!....I would have given them my middle finger and used the bus. smiley

Btw I had the best expirience ever, I will never miss a flight again for anything, not if I can help it. Mine was just due to doubt and fear though.
lol,u just ve to ve mind and put ur faith in God ,the life we re living is risky itself,so u ve to go through risk before u get where u re going

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2014
MojAyo:
lol,u just ve to ve mind and put ur faith in God ,the life we re living is risky itself,so u ve to go through risk before u get where u re going
That's true....next route is the sea to Lagos this time lol
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
i haven't missed a flight before but i have witnessed someone who did, it was hilarious. he checked in on time but he went to sit by the wrong gates missed his flight. What made is hilarious was the way he kept screaming " My God, is this really happening". i'm thinking to myself no its not happening that's why you are standing there and causing a scene instead of going back to the airline offices to explain to them what happened

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by MrBenSun: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
veraakhigbe:
Am a first time commentor. I must confess dat ve been thrilled by all d intresting post n updates. Great job guys. Plus I ve neva boarded a plane b4 bt will soon do. Cheers

i see you my dear brother, you're really a commentor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man's Leg Crushed By A Car In Asia (Photos, Video) / Explosion Rocks Kidandan, Kaduna, 10 Children Injured / Tanker Explodes At Ladipo Area In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.