Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) (1664 Views)

This CJN Statement Weeks Ago Was A Pointer To The Supreme Court Judgements / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) / Oil Prices To Stabilize At $40-$50/bbl By Mid-2016: Lukoil CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 04, 2014
[size=22pt]BREAKING NEWS:

Latest Oil Price: $78.28 per Barrel - 4th Nov 2014

Update: 14th Noveber 2014 :
$74.28 per Barrel - a crisis is looming!

[/size]

In fact the low oil prices makes a case for the reduction of fuel prices since the cost of producing fuel should also fall significantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by OAUTemitayo: 2:03am On Nov 04, 2014
Coupled with the massive looting of our national treasury by PDP, i wonder if Nigeria can survive beyond 2016 if Jonathan is reelected

3 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by nzeaji(m): 2:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Wow. This is bad oh. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by KriTic24A: 4:07am On Nov 04, 2014
Wetin concern me?
When oil price was $120 pb, and above wetin we get from it or from 9ja?
Of what benefit is it to ordinary man who had never for once felt the impact of it in their lives?
Do they fund our schools with oil money, or was it our roads that are tarred with it?
What about health, or do we not deserve social security by reason of being an oil producing nation?
The concern should be for those who will not have enough to steal anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by chemali: 4:44am On Nov 04, 2014
KriTic24A:
Wetin concern me?
When oil price was $120 pb, and above wetin we get from it or from 9ja?
Of what benefit is it to ordinary man who had never for once felt the impact of it in their lives?
Do they fund our schools with oil money, or was it our roads that are tarred with it?
What about health, or do we not deserve social security by reason of being an oil producing nation?
The concern should be for those who will not have enough to steal anymore.

You will feel the impact. It will bite you harder than it will bite GEJ. More than 6 years of $100 per barrel of oil and no serious savings. I weep for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by persius555(m): 4:49am On Nov 04, 2014
American economy, especially manufacturing is getting stronger while china second largest economy is slowing down. A stronger dollar currency, nigeria better start cutting down demand for foreign imports and encourage local manufacturing. Please fix the power sector and build more refineries.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Here in Canada. They have plenty refinery scattered across the country, so a fluctuation in price of barrel directly affects the pump price. 2 weeks ago, fuel was $1.22c. On my way home from work today, filling station were selling for $1.04c. That's almost %15 decrease in pump price.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 04, 2014
What I hear you saying is: Vote Buhari ! grin
persius555:
American economy, especially manufacturing is getting stronger while china second largest economy is slowing down. A stronger dollar currency, nigeria better start cutting down demand for foreign imports and encourage local manufacturing. Please fix the power sector and build more refineries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by InvertedHammer: 5:14am On Nov 04, 2014
/
A person who fails to plan; plans to fail.

The fact that Nigeria cannot plan beyond any current year is a shame on itself.

When the leaders mouth off about vision 2020, they have no clue about the subject of discussion.

Heck. OBJ is more than 70 years. Do you really think he cares about life 20 years from now?

But Nigerians will form Team OBJ, Team GEJ, Team GMB and sing kumbaya!

Nigeria should keep praying that Russia bows and comes to the negotiating table else the slide in oil price will continue--Thanks
to Saudi Arabians, Hedge Funds and US Government.

Nigerians are in for a very long thing, as the street smarties would always say.

\
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by KriTic24A: 6:48am On Nov 04, 2014
chemali:

You will feel the impact. It will bite you harder than it will bite GEJ. More than 6 years of $100 per barrel of oil and no serious savings. I weep for Nigeria.

Are you sure you can read very well?
Because your response did not show you as a reader with an objective mind.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by chemali: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2014
KriTic24A:

Are you sure you can read very well?
Because your response did not show you as a reader with an objective mind.

If I say $80 per barrel oil would affect you and I more than it would affect the thieving political ruling class means I'm not objective, I will rather remain so. It has happened before and it will happen again. If the naira is devalued, it's you and I that won't be able to afford what our import dependent country brings in. Jonathan and his cronies will be fed either from your taxes or the unjustifiable borrowing spree that is likely to take place (with $100 per barrel oil, GEJ still increased our debt). The thieves your well read mind think should be concerned will keep stealing.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by beejaay: 7:48am On Nov 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

When the leaders mouth off about vision 2020, they have no clue about the subject of discussion.

Heck. OBJ is more than 70 years. Do you really think he cares about life 20 years from now?

Nigeria should keep praying that Russia bows and comes to the negotiating table else the slide in oil price will continue--Thanks

Nigerians are in for a very long thing, as the street smarties would always say.

\
u really understand the game,saudi arabia plan is to take it down to $50 as am sure they hope russia dont bow down just to hurt iran and syria more,nigeria is insignificant in the current game plan of the world politics.i just fear for this country,the handwriting is so large on the wall..i hope the smart ones are planning their survival sha

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by beejaay: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2014
chemali:

If I say $80 per barrel oil would affect you and I more than it would affect the thieving political ruling class means I'm not objective, I will rather remain so. It has happened before and it will happen again. If the naira is devalued, it's you and I that won't be able to afford what our import dependent country brings in. Jonathan and his cronies will be fed either from your taxes or the unjustifiable borrowing spree that is likely to take place (with $100 per barrel oil, GEJ still increased our debt). The thieves your well read mind think should be concerned will keep stealing.
so true
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
More bad news!

Oil price just fell again to $76.69 per Barrel
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Chylo(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

\

Oga, let me beg you for something. When you make such analysis, don't put OBJ's name there. He has done more for this country than we really knew at the time. Telecom revolution, na him, banking revolution, na him, even the excess crude account and sovereign wealth funds for crude savings, na him do am before all this useless govts came and depleted everything.

Debt cancellation na him, EFCC and ICPC formation nko, na him still do am. I never thought I will say this, but OBJ has been our best president, at least so far. Looking at the cluelessness and near-imbecility of this GEJ, it is now I know how much OBJ tried.

OBJ ruled 8 years at very low oil prices, by next year GEJ will complete almost 5 and half years and upon the astronomical oil prices, has absolutely nothing to show for it except death, destruction, corruption, mismanagement and bankruptcy. What a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by InvertedHammer: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Chylo:

Oga, let me beg you for something. When you make such analysis, don't put OBJ's name there. He has done more for this country than we really knew at the time. Telecom revolution, na him, banking revolution, na him, even the excess crude account and sovereign wealth funds for crude savings, na him do am before all this useless govts came and depleted everything.

Debt cancellation na him, EFCC and ICPC formation nko, na him still do am. I never thought I will say this, but OBJ has been our best president, at least so far. Looking at the cluelessness and near-imbecility of this GEJ, it is now I know how much OBJ tried.

OBJ ruled 8 years at very low oil prices, by next year GEJ will complete almost 5 and half years and upon the astronomical oil prices, has absolutely nothing to show for it except death, destruction, corruption, mismanagement and bankruptcy. What a shame.

Every President that Nigeria ever had had a litany of achievements under his belt. But what they did was mere repainting of a dilapidated in structure instead of pulling it down and starting a new one with a sound foundation that could withstand a test of time.

If OBJ could not provide constant power, motorable roads and social services during his 8 years in the saddle, then his administration was a collosal waste of time and resources.

The other achievements you outlined was his act on a script given to him by his "masters". So let's not be carried away. Even Ghana that touted such achievements in the past are now realizing that you cannot dine with the devil and come out unscathed.
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Chylo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:

Every President that Nigeria ever had had a litany of achievements under his belt. But what they did was mere repainting of a dilapidated in structure instead of pulling it down and starting a new one with a sound foundation that could withstand a test of time.

If OBJ could not provide constant power, motorable roads and social services during his 8 years in the saddle, then his administration was a collosal waste of time and resources.

The other achievements you outlined was his act on a script given to him by his "masters". So let's not be carried away. Even Ghana that touted such achievements in the past are now realizing that you cannot dine with the devil and come out unscathed.

I beg to differ sir. Jonathan has no such achievements.
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by InvertedHammer: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Chylo:

I beg to differ sir. Jonathan has no such achievements.
/
The same way TANamites beg to differ.

Either way, Nigeria is just there.

Nothing has changed.

\
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 14, 2014
GenBuhari:
More bad news!

Oil price just fell again to $76.69 per Barrel

Now the De-facto Prime Minister and the all knowing,can never do no wrong Finance Minister is now beginning to stylishly warn us to brace up for a tougher time ahead

Pls read......http://www.punchng.com/news/tougher-times-ahead-says-okonjo-iweala/

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 14, 2014
Breaking news: Oil price in free fall:

now $74.28 Per Barrel
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by egift(m): 5:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Jonathan was borrowing massively and Depleting our Savings/Reserve in the Days of Plenty - What will he do now that oil price has reduced?

Clueless Leadership!

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Kunleskey(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Am short of word.
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
soroptimist:

Now the De-facto Prime Minister and the all knowing,can never do no wrong Finance Minister is now beginning to stylishly warn us to brace up for a tougher time ahead

Pls read......http://www.punchng.com/news/tougher-times-ahead-says-okonjo-iweala/
Bros, I saw your PM and I have been trying to reply but its been bouncing back. I don't know whether it is from your email service provider or from gmail. Anyway, you can reach me on this mail address pastorapostle@gmail.com (just forget about the titles used as my email username).
Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Canme4u(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chylo:

You nail it.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Don't re-write history Thief Obasanjo was a disaster.

All the recent scandals being uncovered today were are started by his administration.

Yes he liquidised Nigeria Airways and gave away oil-rich Nigerian land angry

The fortunes of his personal business grew astronomically whilst the reverse was true for Nigeria's economy during the same period of his rule. In short he looted us dry.
Chylo:

Re: Oil Price Slides Further to $74.28 Per Barrel (was $115/bbl Weeks Ago) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Bros, I saw your PM and I have been trying to reply but its been bouncing back. I don't know whether it is from your email service provider or from gmail. Anyway, you can reach me on this mail address pastorapostle@gmail.com (just forget about the titles used as my email username).

Sorry Comrade,i have been busy

you can check your mail now

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Photo: Benue State Governor Suswam & His Deputy In Auto Crash / REVEALED! Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria / Buhari: Why Yorubas Must Never Forget - Olurotimi Adeola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.