Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west (1406 Views)

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark / Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by realone2012: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2014
A former Minister of Petroleum, Prof Tam David-West, has said a presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen Muhammadu Buhari, has the capability to end insurgency in the country.
He spoke when the National Coordinator of Grassroots Mobilisation for Muhammadu Buhari (GMMB), Remi Oyebanji, visited to tell him of their proposed symposium “The President Nigeria Needs”.
David-West said: “It’s only Buhari who can stop Boko Haram because he has done it before, he has a track record.
“Maitasine was worse than Boko Haram and he stopped it, which is why Nigerians should vote for him.
“The Federal Government is just making unnecessary noise about stopping insurgency. We have a President who claims he knows the sponsors of Boko Haram and he is yet to tackle them.
“Boko Haram can be stopped if the government wants it to stop. Insurgency will stop if the government wants it to stop. Government can fight insurgency but bad governance will make it impossible.”
The former minister said if Buhari becomes president, within 100 days the price of petrol will be reduced, adding that the Jonathan administration is the hallmark of incompetence and bad leadership.
He said: “The general election may be turbulent, if there is rigging, the country may be in chaos. If the people are not allowed to vote for their candidates, the problems will be so much that the President will not be able to contain it. If there is rigging in 2015, the heat will be so much.
“Except corruption is expunged, Nigeria cannot move forward and the only person who can do that in Nigeria today is General Muhammadu Buhari. “Only Buhari is clean, he is the only leader who has challenged his opponents to prove that he is not corrupt and they are yet to do that.” Commenting on Buhari’s age, the don said:” People came up and said he is too old to contest. He is very young when compared to President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, who is 90 years old. Buhari will be 73 next year, I am older than him. The constitution did not state a specific age limit.”
Oyebamiji described David-West as one of the most consistent Nigerians who always stand on the truth.
“He is a role model and his students can testify to this. That is why we have visited him to brief him on our proposed symposium on Gen Buhari.
“Buhari’s humble lifestyle is a brand and his return is a response to the painful cry of all Nigerians. He is coming back to transform this country by 2015.
“It’s painful that the youth don’t know what Buhari has done for this country, if not they would have also demanded for Buhari. If Buhari can only get the votes of Southwest people, then he has won already,” he said.

Source - The Nation thenationonlineng.net/new/only-buhari-can-stop-insurgency-says-david-west/

3 Likes

Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2014
suspicious statement
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by tayoxx(m): 8:21am On Nov 04, 2014
we have hear
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2014
Yes He can Stop it because he started it

Unfortunately we don't need him

6 Likes

Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by bigiyaro(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2014
Yes nah, he has the initiation password n also the termination password.
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by saintikechi(m): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2014
Only their oga can stop them, we agree. But a 73 yrs "OLD" man for president in nigeria ? what happened to the millions of people in their 40's and 50's ? Na only one " A B O K I " we get for nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by politricks: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2014
saintikechi:
Only their oga can stop them, we agree. But a 73 yrs "OLD" man for president in nigeria ? what happened to the millions of people in their 40's and 50's ? Na only one " A B O K I " we get for nigeria?
Na only one fisherman we get for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by egift(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Buhari has the capacity to:
- Clamp down on corruption so that the nation will have more funds to develop.
- He can also deal with Boko Haram without fear or favour. Boko Haram like he PDP do not want Buhari, because they all know what he can do.
- Buhari will not be amazing illegal wealth and will not also allow politicians to blatantly steal the nation blind.
- He may not pursue past criminals but it is certain he will not allow it to continue under his watch.

This is democracy, his actions will be guided by the constitution, Nigeria has a chance to have a system that works for everyone. Help elect Buhari for the good of everyone.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by 9jii(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2014
he Did it before can do it again
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by 1shortblackboy: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2014
My only problem is statements like their would be chaos if there is rigging, there will be violence if d peoples choice is not allowed. To me That only translates to we will cause havoc if we don't win. Forgetting that ur candidate must not win u have supporters but that does not mean u have all d support. Buhari supporters just feel they are in majority forgetting that not all those people who attend rallies actually vote. All political parties should stop assuming they have majority support only d actual election can tell u whether d majority want u guys or not. I'm out
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by egift(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2014
1shortblackboy:
My only problem is statements like their would be chaos if there is rigging, there will be violence if d peoples choice is not allowed. To me That only translates to we will cause havoc if we don't win. Forgetting that ur candidate must not win u have supporters but that does not mean u have all d support. Buhari supporters just feel they are in majority forgetting that not all those people who attend rallies actually vote. All political parties should stop assuming they have majority support only d actual election can tell u whether d majority want u guys or not. I'm out

Nigerians have no problem with the outcome of elections. What is the problem is when their is massive rigging here and there.

For instance in Imo: The presidential election was scanty (there was over 90% voter counted for GEJ), but when the people of Imo came out en-mass to closed down markets to chose a Governor (only around 60% voters turn out was recorded). Mean someone added most of the unused votes to Jonathan.
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by saintikechi(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2014
politricks:
Na only one fisherman we get for Nigeria.

fish better pass bomb na ........
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by 1shortblackboy: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
egift:

Nigerians have no problem with the outcome of elections. What is the problem is when their is massive rigging here and there.

For instance in Imo: The presidential election was scanty (there was over 90% voter counted for GEJ), but when the people of Imo came out en-mass to closed down markets to chose a Governor (only around 60% voters turn out was recorded). Mean someone added most of the unused votes to Jonathan.
but u won't see any massive rigging if ur candidate wins ? Its only wen ur guy loses then d election wasn't free and fair. After every election lawyers gather to chop because election tribunal naim be d business !
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by egift(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
1shortblackboy:
but u won't see any massive rigging if ur candidate wins ? Its only wen ur guy loses then d election wasn't free and fair. After every election lawyers gather to chop because election tribunal naim be d business !

Anyone that knows me, will tell you am all for a free and fair elections. It is not a Do Or Die affairs for us. And if I am playing for the cash, I will be where they are sharing the looted NNPC $20b, etc.

Every well meaning Nigerian is supporting Buhari so that we can have a system that works - with a level playing ground, every Nigerian will have the opportunity to make it without Bribing or Man-Know-Man that Jonathan is presiding over.
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
suspicious statement
Did you read the article or was your obvious idiocy so overwhelming that it couldn't allow your brain and eyes focus long enough?
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Did you read the article or was your obvious idiocy so overwhelming that it couldn't allow your brain and eyes focus long enough?
I wouldn't call u a foOl though u are one,how can a reasonable human tell me that among 150 million soul in this country only one individual in a democracy can stop an insurgent,will buhari take up arm and fight,is it not this same soldiers he will make use of or he will import them from Jupiter?

4 Likes

Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by 1shortblackboy: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
egift:

Anyone that knows me, will tell you am all for a free and fair elections. It is not a Do Or Die affairs for us. And if I am playing for the cash, I will be where they are sharing the looted NNPC $20b, etc.

Every well meaning Nigerian is supporting Buhari so that we can have a system that works - with a level playing ground, every Nigerian will have the opportunity to make it without Bribing or Man-Know-Man that Jonathan is presiding over.
well just so u know the violence and killings after d last elections will make ur bid to get buhari to become president an uphill task and some buhari supporters are not making things better by promising more violence. Na una Sabi sha
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by egift(m): 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
1shortblackboy:
well just so u know the violence and killings after d last elections will make ur bid to get buhari to become president an uphill task and some buhari supporters are not making things better by promising more violence. Na una Sabi sha

2015 Elections: We Are Ready For War - Asari Dokubo
http://www.naij.com/58477.html

Jonathan, 2015 and threats by fire-spitting militants
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/viewpoint/jonathan-2015-and-threats-by-fire-spitting-militants/

For Buhari, APC and their Supporters - all is a free and fair process. Not the one that one that the SSS, Police, DSS and Army will be harassing and detaining the members of the Oppositions the forth Night till after election. And we have never seen you write against such suppression and intimidation. You are just concerned if any of those harassed got angry. #hypocrisy
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by 1shortblackboy: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
egift:

2015 Elections: We Are Ready For War - Asari Dokubo
http://www.naij.com/58477.html

Jonathan, 2015 and threats by fire-spitting militants
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/viewpoint/jonathan-2015-and-threats-by-fire-spitting-militants/

For Buhari, APC and their Supporters - all is a free and fair process. Not the one that one that the SSS, Police, DSS and Army will be harassing and detaining the members of the Oppositions the forth Night till after election. And we have never seen you write against such suppression and intimidation. You are just concerned if any of those harassed got angry. #hypocrisy
i dey talk better thing u dey go bring up Asari dokubo angry
Re: Only Buhari Can Stop Insurgency, Says David-west by tinkinjow: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
These are the kinds of comment that elicit that Nigerian girly trite - Oooh Pleeease

(1) (Reply)

Opinion; Atiku Shakes A Physically Challenged Supporter. / ...... / Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.