Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? (2413 Views)

Ladies, If He Loves You But Doesn't Want Marriage, Would You Stay Anyway? / L Live In A Sexless And Loveless Marriage...would Divorce Be The Best Option / Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Naslala(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2006
To the ladies and fellas,which type of wedding would u prefer?Is it court,church,traditional,e.t.c?
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by dondele(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2006
i belive for the igbo's, you have to do both traditional and church( if u r a christian).
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by iice(f): 8:42am On Aug 06, 2006
In the sky or underwater grin
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by mamaput(f): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2006
Court
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Free(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2006
church and traditional
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by otokx(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2006
traditional and court
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by nilla(f): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2006
church and traditional
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by debqueen(f): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2006
Traditional where d dowry wil b paid n church where d Pastor wil bles d union.I prefer low key though.
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by naijadiva2(f): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2006
traditional and white wedding.
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Eurphoria(f): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2006
Church
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by PTBNaija(f): 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2006
Traditional and church! grin
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Busta(f): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2006
when the time comes, we'll decide, but whatever happens, a church wedding gotta go through sha! tongue
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Oracle(m): 3:14am On Aug 22, 2006
I must have a white wedding, i wish i could skip the traditional
i don't like the long processes you have to pass through especially when you're igbo
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by nilla(f): 3:16am On Aug 22, 2006
sorry oh sad
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Oracle(m): 4:12am On Aug 22, 2006
lol
i'm not married yet
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by nilla(f): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2006
i know

just sorry that you would have to go thru the stress during your traditional since its gonna be long smiley
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by omogenaija(f): 1:11am On Aug 28, 2006
i prefer CHURCH, COURT , AND TRADATIONAL !!!!! cheesy cheesy

ole ni mi . i want everything wink
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by desiree(f): 1:51am On Aug 28, 2006
I'd like a Church wedding but not in a church( if you know what i mean)
tongue
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:40am On Dec 10, 2006
i prefer the three   grin cause once i marry its sealed and done for LIFE  cool
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Sayoh: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2006
I wud like a white weddin wit a pastor to join us though not necessarily in d church n itz sensible to have it all signed n sealed in d court. Wud luv 2skip d traditional part coz of d stress
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by katherinae(f): 3:31am On Dec 11, 2006
traditionall sucks, so boring, soo hot so boring
but a huge white wedding yes now that would be wonderful grin
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2006
Traditional wedding (can't escape that, to keep the thieving greedy vultures called extended relatives happy)
A low-key court wedding.
A pastor conducting a Vestry wedding after that (so that her mother can calm down and see her daughter in white). No bloody church service, just me, her, and our parents.

I think it's stupid that we actually marry 3ce: once bfore the "family", once before the "law", and once before the "church". Waste of time and resources. Can't we just do it all in one location, one duration? Or skip one stupid annoying unnecessary process that people hang onto because it is an avenue to show their wealth/wastefulness?

yeah, i'm a deviant.
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by hannydarl(f): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2006
cool I totally dig your talk o gridlock i just did traditional and court weddng and i am satisfied with those two the traditional one was done big and people were invited with cards we gave away suveniors and every body knows we are married now.anyway we ladies need to do the traditional no matter how stressful it is so our mothers will have face in the village she wont be mocked that her child is livinng with a man and doing osho free service without a dime paid on ones head. Its for our own dignity so please forget about the stress and make your man do the traditional before the white weding
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by katherinae(f): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2006
well hannydarl

just explained it perfectly, so regardless of how boring i find a traditinoal wedding seems i cant escape it , oh well
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by 4Play(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2006
I won't mind a polygamous marriage with easy divorce
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Phlota(f): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2006
traditnal nd church
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by exu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2006
A gay wedding.

Next.
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Eurphoria(f): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2006
a lavish, posh traditional christian wedding. Need God's blessing very important to me smiley
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by kinzolic(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2006
exu:

A gay wedding.

Next.

INTERESTING
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Eurphoria(f): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2006
Kinz
what kind of marriage do you want?
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by mukina2: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2006
*still thinking*

a quiet wedding if my family allows it . .you know with traditions grin
Re: What Type Of Marriage Would You Prefer? by Radiant(f): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2006
exu:

A gay wedding.

Next.

lmao grin crazy people

A court wedding first with a prenuptial agreement signed, then a church wedding. (Not too sure about a traditional wedding)

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend Caught His Mother With His Friend On His Father's Bed / Is It Right To Impregnant A Lady Before Marrying Her? / My Dad Is The Father Of My Son’—16-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.