Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR (1624 Views)

Best ATF For Eod 2005 / Transmission Fluid Or Gear Oil In Radiator / Gear Oil In Automatic Tramsmission Engine,does It Need Changing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by juliuskay(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2014
I need guru in the house to help out on which gear oil to use for the service of my gear, am using EOD 2005.
Thanx
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by dokilolo: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
atf z-1 or dw- 1
so many nairalanders cn help u get or direct you to wher u cn get.
pls nd pls...dnt use any dextron gear oil cos dat will b d funeral of your gear.
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by Marpol: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
DW-1, Z1 was phased out since 2011.

1 Like

Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by juliuskay(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thanks all for your advise
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by AutosBay(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
@ Marpol I agree with you.
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by lonelydora: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Marpol:
DW-1, Z1 was phased out since 2011.
Exactly. DW-1 is the one in market now.
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by iameleto: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hi peeps, can somebody in the house enlighten me more about power steering. Recently i discovered that my steering stiffens and hard to turn whenever i want to turn around. I filled the transmission oil and it works properly but discovered that within 2days it go back to the usual stiffens. I also observe that a hose is dripping the transmission oil. what can i do? Pls advise.
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by xcitedjay(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
iameleto:
Hi peeps, can somebody in the house enlighten me more about power steering. Recently i discovered that my steering stiffens and hard to turn whenever i want to turn around. I filled the transmission oil and it works properly but discovered that within 2days it go back to the usual stiffens. I also observe that a hose is dripping the transmission oil. what can i do? Pls advise.

You might have to get someone to tighten the clip holding the tube or change the tube where the power steering oil runs through.
Re: GEAR OIL FOR EOD 2005 GEAR by emekan: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2014
iameleto:
. Hello. When u pop ur hood, which hose do u notice dripping oil? Is it the hose linking the power steering fluid reservoir to the pump or the hose that runs on top of the engine carrying fluid from the pump to the steering rack? If it is the hose running from the reservoir, it shouldn't cost more than 4,000 to change. If however it is the hose going from the power steering to the rack, then you will have to change it for 7k. Changed mine about 2 months ago. Hope this helps. Give me a feedback. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Why My Car Fuel Always Dropped From Fuel Guage / Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats / Meaning Of Error Code P1299 In Ford Edge 2010, 3.5l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.