Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report (992 Views)

PDP Disowns Group Over Unauthorized Statement On Buhari / Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report / Jonathan’s Support Groups Now 8,000 – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by siraj1402(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has strongly denounced one of the groups campaigning for President Goodluck Jonathan’s reelection for attributing a fabricated report to him. The offensive report, published online by the Jonathan group, was titled, “The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan – Prof. Wole Soyinka”.
The report quoted the Nobel laureate as stating, “If the United States citizens decide to be bombing the USA everyday and ready to die, there is nothing Obama can do about it. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do.”

The fabricated report, which is full of grammatical errors, continued: “Here in the USA in Chicago to be precise more than 10 people are killed everyday and that’s the same thing. I am only worried that this is Abuja.

President Jonathan’s support group further credited the professor with stating, “There are people in power in certain parts of the country, leaders, who quite genuinely and authoritatively hate and cannot tolerate any religion outside their own. When you combine that with the ambitions of a number of people who believe they are divinely endowed to rule the country and who believe that their religion is above whatever else binds the entire nation together, and somehow the power appears to slip from their hands, then they resort to the most extreme measures. Youths who have been indoctrinated right from infancy can be used, and who have been used, again and again to create mayhem in the country. Those who have created this faceless army have lost control.”

In a reaction obtained by SaharaReporters, an obviously outraged Professor Soyinka described the attempt by the “Goodluck Support Network” to link him to the spurious report as “unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly.”

He also stated that the group must be truly desperate to resort to despicable tactics of fabrication.

“This is an unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly fabrication,” said Professor Soyinka, adding, ‘“The Goodluck Support Network’ must be truly desperate to resort to such despicable tactics.”

Campaign groups close to President Jonathan have notoriously cloned websites, including SaharaReporters.com, and attributed a series of false statements to various people in a bid to whip up sentiments against the president’s political opponents or to portray the president as the victim of a vast conspiracy by northern political groups.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/04/soyinka-denounces-jonathan-support-group-over-fabricated-report

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
a slave will not want to be seen as challenging his master otherwise his life will be put at risk, dude is gradually becoming an intellectual burden .

other than spewing trash from one media house to another, tell me what this fellow has contributed to alleviate the suffering of the common man in his home state and the nation (Gani did many in his capacity ) or everybody must be an office holder to make an impact, mtchew

i expect insult from his fellow slaves of the gambaris angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by PassingShot(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
Not surprised by the Jonathanians. They're too desperate to see their master return in 2015 such that if the devil canvasses for their position, nothing is wrong in it.

Is it not funny that the same Wole Soyinka they call "the mad old professor" for lambasting GEJ and PEJ for disgracing Nigeria is the man they hinge their minute hope on for credibility?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by okunboy: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
aguiyi:
a slave will not want to be seen as challenging his master otherwise his life will be put at risk, dude is gradually becoming an intellectual burden .

other than spewing trash from one media house to another, tell me what this fellow has contributed to alleviate the suffering of the common man in his home state and the nation (Gani did many in his capacity ) or everybody must be an office holder to make an impact, mtchew

why don't you deal with the issue instead of attacking the prof?

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by femoDee: 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
GEJITES took deceit after their pay master... it is that most of them actually knew what they are doing but only fighting for their infrapocket and infrastomach

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by emmatok(m): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
aguiyi:

After all your lies, you still come oonline and attack the professor.

For you information WS is one of the reason you're enjoying freedom of speech today.
Even GEJ own gratitude for his fight against Yaradua cabal.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by rosebowl01(m): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
aguiyi:

Re: The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka by rosebowl01(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03
rosebowl01:

I see a lot of people supporting the prof's position in this matter (I also agree completely with his point), my only surprise is; some of the people that are supporting the prof's position are the same that people that also try to crucify him anytime his opinion does not favor their bigoted ethnic interests. They even call him names when he disagrees with their dead poet that they always make noise of. Wait and see tomorrow, they will call him names because he made another valid point that opposes greediness etc.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by egift(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
PDP feeds on Falsehood

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
You will not see some people here.
Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by bamosagie(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Now this sound like the prof. Amaechi must have called to ask what is happening. I never believed for one second that the prof would have anything good to say directly or indirectly about Patience's husband, except maybe he has been promised a pot of porridge.
Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by tinkinjow: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Soyinka actually made this comment. I remember reading it either last year or the year before.
Maybe the title is a bit out of context but nothing stop one from seeing it as implied.
He should be bold to stand up for his statements. That's how he abused the first lady in public calling her shepopo...and later turn around to say he never abuse her when some women groups attacked him. He even said he wrote a letter to the first lady to ignore the reports then. Can you imagine.
Maybe it's old age sha

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report by Chylo(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Reno Omokri aka Wendel Simlin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal To Pick Up APC Presidential Form / Patience Jonathan Gave Expired Rice To Bayelsa Women (LOOK) / APC Presidential Aspirants To Hold Interactive Session With S-south Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.