Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process (113500 Views)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
write2obi:

What about dressing and walk-in closet?

Different... there are walk-in closets that they are only made for you to walking in and hand or take out your clothes.. and no other space.
But dressing closet is also a walk-in closet with more rooms inside where you can actually put on your clothes and sit... because there is
big space created for that.. I hope I have explained it in a lay-man way, to the best of my knowldege. May be somebody will give us a better definition.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by write2obi(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2014
mufutau55:

Different... there are walk-in closets that they are only made for you to walking in and hand or take out your clothes.. and no other space.
But dressing closet is also a walk-in closet with more rooms inside where you can actually put on your clothes and sit... because there is
big space created for that.. I hope I have explained it in a lay-man way, to the best of my knowldege. May be somebody will give us a better definition.
Hajji M.
Yes u have! Sir, until the "better" definition comes, this is the best i've gotten. Thanks
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by heatmeup(f): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
whats the name of the room close to the waiting area and what is it for
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
heatmeup:
whats the name of the room close to the waiting area and what is it for

Are you asking from looking at the floor plan on previous page? If so, that is a Visitor's Toilet.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by kolamilan(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
following attentively. nice work @ op
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:51am On Nov 12, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Thanks sir! You gave the most suitable explanation...
kolamilan:
following attentively. nice work @ op
Thanks
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:54am On Nov 12, 2014
Work was stopped for few days to allow more blocks to be molded...

Tuesday 11/11/2014

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2014

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
After about 2 weeks of no work: update as at 01/12/2014. Lintel will be cast by next week by the grace of the almighty.

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
from the floor plan the hallway before the lounge will need artificial lightening abi is the lounge going to be its source.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
from the floor plan the hallway before the lounge will need artificial lightening abi is the lounge going to be its source.
The private lounge is going to have a glass panel door and the kitchen and dinning walls will have portions of glass blocks to provide lighting for the hallway.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by cityhood: 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nye one
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Elai147: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Congratulations Op, my prayers are with u.

Have you dug the soakaway? If you plan to sink a borehole before the end of the project, why not do it now and save some cost on water. What is the current price of cement in Abia?
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 4:15am On Dec 11, 2014
Elai147:
If you plan to sink a borehole before the end of the project, why not do it now and save some cost on water.

Good advise about the borehole.. best N150K I spent for "all I can get" water on my site.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:55am On Dec 16, 2014
Elai147:

Have you dug the soakaway? If you plan to sink a borehole before the end of the project, why not do it now and save some cost on water. What is the current price of cement in Abia?
Thanks a lot. I will by the grace of God dig the soakaway sometime in January 2015 (again, God's willing). Yes I plan to sink a borehole after having spent almost 20K on water I will look into coughing out the money to sink the borehole once and for all...
---
I bought cement for N1,300
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:59am On Dec 16, 2014
mufutau55:

Good advise about the borehole.. best N150K I spent for all I can get water on my site.

Hajji M.
Surely a good advise. Sink a borehole in this part of Nigeria will cost about 200 - 250K shocked for the drilled method (what's it called again?) as the depth of water is very low. With 120 - 150k I can get the type that's manually dug - I don't want that one.
Thank you sir
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2014
cityhood:
Nye one
Thanks
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by go4value(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
@op nyc work you've got here... More grace to your pocket
BTW there was no German floor before lifting the building? I mean no casting the floor after sand filling?
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 10, 2015
go4value:
BTW there was no German floor before lifting the building? I mean no casting the floor after sand filling?

OP, please answer tis question as I'm also curious.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by spyder880(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2015
This is a good one century106, I am following and liking this building. Welldone.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
go4value:
thanks sir... The German floor will be cast soon before roofing.
spyder880:
This is a good one century106, I am following and liking this building. Welldone.
Finally the Chairmo/oga kpatakpata noticed my project, I'm so blessed this year!!!. Still going to email you once I'm ready about my enquiry on one of your threads.

2 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Current stage: all lintel is done. Laying of 3 coaches of blocks for internal walls and 2 coaches for external about to start as I contemplate on if I can afford a parapet feature or not.
Update pics coming soon!
Chim mu'anya!
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:30am On Mar 27, 2015
Been long I visited the project site. Went there today to take update pics.
All Block work - Done!
German Floor - Done!
NEXT: Electricity Conduit Piping (next week), Parapet/Concrete Cornice then Roofing by HIS grace...

Time to start posting costs

Aka Chim di'ya

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:41am On Mar 27, 2015
Backyard
Dinning as seen from Living room
17ft by 21ft Living room view from the wine bar
Entrance to MBDRM Dressing & Bathroom seen from Master Bedroom

Ngozi Chukwu ebuka!

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:57am On Mar 27, 2015
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by micbjrex(m): 8:28am On Mar 27, 2015
Hello bro. Can you share the materials plus labor costs of the project? Thanks
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2015
micbjrex:
Hello bro. Can you share the materials plus labor costs of the project? Thanks
Coming up shortly...
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
Time to take stocks...

I have grouped my expenses so far. Here it goes;

MATERIALS
BAGS OF CEMENT (339 BAGS AT VARIOUS PRICES): 553,250
RODS: 12MM, QUARTER ROD, BINDING WIRE: 100,500
WOODS: PEGGING, 2" x 2", 1" x 12" x 12FT BOARDS & NAILS: 56,520
ALL TRANSPORTATION & OFF\LOADING FOR ALL MATERIALS: 70,980
21 TRIPS OF 7.5 TON SHARP SAND: 260,000
5 TRIPS OF GRAVEL: 116,000
WATER FILLING/TANK RENTAGE/FIXING: 43,000
HEAD PANS/SHOVELS: 5,600

LABOUR
BLOCK WORK/FLOORING/LINTEL LABOUR & SUPERVISION: 450,000
EXTRA CARPENTRY/OTHER LABOUR WORKS: 34,500
BLOCK MOLDING LABOUR (169 BAGS MOLDED): 91,500

OTHERS
ASSESSMENT OF FLOOR PLAN BY QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS: 26,000
DRINKS/INCENTIVE TO LABOURERS/INFORMAL SUPERVISION: 17,700 + 3,300 (misc.)

TOTAL COST FROM BUSH CLEARING TO PRESENT STAGE: 1,828,850
EXPENSES FOR INITIAL DWARF FENCE TO SECURE LAND: 110,000

STANDING GRAND TOTAL (Excluding Cost of Land): 1,938,850

Recognized/calculated Lost: 8 bags of cement + labour for the 8 bags = N-18,000

Chi n'edu m

4 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
Century106, with those cost you are doing good.
Keep working on it, regardless of how small, never stop and eventually all will be finished and in God's time..

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2015
mufutau55:
Century106, with those cost you are doing good.
Keep working on it, regardless of how small, never stop and eventually all will be finished and in God's time..

Hajji M.
Thanks sir. These words means a lot to me. God bless you richly!
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by micbjrex(m): 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2015
@century106...thank you for the cost update. Congrats and may our good Lord bless you more to complete your project. Please how many blocks, bags of cement, tons of sharp sand, tons of gravel did you use from foundation to 2/3 blocks after lintel? Please just exclude the materials for moulding of the blocks. Thanks
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:31am On Mar 29, 2015
micbjrex:
@century106...thank you for the cost update. Congrats and may our good Lord bless you more to complete your project. Please how many blocks, bags of cement, tons of sharp sand, tons of gravel did you use from foundation to 2/3 blocks after lintel? Please just exclude the materials for moulding of the blocks. Thanks

I will get back to you on number of trips of sharp sand - need to consult my expense log book.

A total of 162 bags of cement and 5 trips of gravel was used from foundation, to block work, lintel, 3 courses on top of lintel for internal walls and 2 courses for outer walls and for casting of German flooring. A total of 21 + 2 (on the plot) trips of sharp sand was used for block work and block molding, I will get back to you on the number trips for just block work, lintel and German floor.

I molded 169 bags of cement; 28 blocks per bag for 6" solid and 32 blocks on the average for 5" solid block - I was after strong and solid blocks not quantity. You can mold up to 40 blocks per bag for 5" if you want, people do that. So about 5,200 blocks were made, I have about 150 left. So the building consumed 5,000 -- 5,100 blocks from foundation to roofing...

Thanks for your prayers. May my God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / The History Of Stamped Concrete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.