Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process (113395 Views)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Hello Chief:

Apologies if you already answered this but I did not see it if you did.

1) What is the perimeter of the house itself?

2) How much did it cost you in total to do the foundation?

Thanks.
High Chief, I will have to get back to you on your second question, I have to isolate that cost from the total spend so far. The perimeter of the house is 260ft round, 2960sq ft

2 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Doors are being fixed.
1 4ft Turkey Wood finish Metal Door
1 4ft Stainless Steel with Glass Door
1 4ft Quality-grade China Door
1 Fabricated Aluminum Sliding Door
1 3ft Stainless Steel with Glass Door
1 3ft Turkey Wood finish Metal Door
810 3ft Quality-grade China Door
5 2.5ft Quality-grade China Toilet Doors

Aluminum profiles for casement and sliding windows have been delivered and currently being fabricated.

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
century106:
Doors are being fixed.
1 4ft Turkey Wood finish Metal Door
1 4ft Stainless Steel with Glass Door
1 4ft Quality-grade China Door
1 Fabricated Aluminum Sliding Door
1 3ft Stainless Steel with Glass Door
1 3ft Turkey Wood finish Metal Door
8 3ft Quality-grade China Door
5 2.5ft Quality-grade China Toilet Doors

Aluminum profiles for casement and sliding windows have been delivered and currently being fabricated.

Please show us the pictures and prices of the doors as they are installed. This will help many of us as usual.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
mufutau55:

Please show us the pictures and prices of the doors as they are installed. This will help many of us as usual.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Will do sir. The first picture above is of installed 3ft China door. They (8 x 3ft and 5 x 2.5ft toilet doors) came in only 2 designs and I got them for 19,200 each.

I will get the pictures of the others and I'll state their prices too.

Meanwhile, work started on the proposed Boy's Quarter.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by FastShipping: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
century106:

Will do sir. The first picture above is of installed 3ft China door. They (8 x 3ft and 5 x 2.5ft toilet doors) came in only 2 designs and I got them for 19,200 each.

Please, show us the cost for the electrical and plumbing.

I like your metcoppo roofing. I used metcoppo for mine too. It was very expensive. Wood, metcoppo, and workmanship cost me 2.7M+ Naira. Although, I used 0.55mm for roofing, 0.45mm for ceiling, and 0.70mm for facial, angles and ridges. My roofing dimension was 580sq, mt. The house itself is about 4,200 sq,ft.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
FastShipping:

I like your metcoppo roofing. I used metcoppo for mine too. It was very expensive. Wood, metcoppo, and workmanship cost me 2.7M+ Naira. Although, I used 0.55mm for roofing, 0.45mm for ceiling, and 0.70mm for facial, angles and ridges. My roofing dimension was 580. The house itself is about 4,200 sq,ft .

And here I am pussyfooting about my mere 3,000 sq,ft smiley

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by FastShipping: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

And here I am pussyfooting about my mere 3,000 sq,ft smiley

3,000sq. ft is a very big house. I wanted something around 2,000 sq. ft but it is difficult to get a good design and out come when it comes to contemporary design and if the dimension of your plan is less than 3,000 sq. ft.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
FastShipping:

3,000sq. ft is a very big house. I wanted something around 2,000 sq. ft but it is difficult to get a good design and out come when it comes to contemporary design and if the dimension of your plan is less than 3,000 sq. ft.

You are absolutely right.

It's hard for me to cut my preferred design down to 2,000 square feet without it starting look like a shitshack and loosing that purpose of design.

I hope to brainstorm even more with Darynex later to see if we can trim this down because once the estimates/quotes for the build started coming in the realization hit home that it is a big structure. When Oga Spyder said this "Its a big house bro, even if we mark out the courtyard." I was alarmed grin

I may be able to get down to 2,500 but not sure what the savings in building cost is going to be between 3,000 and 2,500 square feet.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
FastShipping:

I like your metcoppo roofing. I used metcoppo for mine too. It was very expensive. Wood, metcoppo, and workmanship cost me 2.7M+ Naira. Although, I used 0.55mm for roofing, 0.45mm for ceiling, and 0.70mm for facial, angles and ridges. My roofing dimension was 580sq, mt. The house itself is about 4,200 sq,ft.
Metcoppo is fine and a good alternative to more expensive stone coated sheets - thanks for the complement.

I'd have gone for .55 gauge too but for cost and .45 is good enough for residential property. I will publish the cost for both electrical and plumbing
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by FastShipping: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You are absolutely right.

It's hard for me to cut my preferred design down to 2,000 square feet without it starting look like a shitshack and loosing that purpose of design.

I hope to brainstorm even more with Darynex later to see if we can trim this down because once the estimates/quotes for the build started coming in the realization hit home that it is a big structure. When Oga Spyder said this "Its a big house bro, even if we mark out the courtyard." I was alarmed grin

I may be able to get down to 2,500 but not sure what the savings in building cost is going to be between 3,000 and 2,500 square feet.

Refrain from reducing the size unless you want it to look like their regular all wall dark room they are used to in Nigeria. You are going to end up with a house with no space to entertain in the interior part of the house.

I like a house where I can entertain 30-40 guests in my house without having to go outside.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
century106:

Thank you very much. You are doing great with the project. God bless you to complete it fully in good health.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
FastShipping:

Refrain from reducing the size unless you want it to look like their regular all wall dark room they are used to in Nigeria. You are going to end up with a house with no space to entertain in the interior part of the house.

I like a house where I can entertain 30-40 guest in my house without having to go outside .

We think alike.

My internal public area is 1,200 sqft (Living/Dining = 500 sqft, Courtyard = 500 sqft, Porch/Foyer = 200 sqft).
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by KolaShangOne(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

We think alike.

My internal public area is 1,200 sqft (Living/Dining = 500 sqft, Courtyard = 500 sqft, Porch/Foyer = 200 sqft).

I guess it's because of the kind of houses you people in Tue diaspora live in. Oyibo people do 'in-house parties' because of the cold climate there. They keep warm by being in the house and using heaters..

In Nigeria, we prefer outdoor parties/gatherings because of the hot climate. That's why we build not so big houses so that we can still have compound to erect tents in case madam drop 1.

Same thing goes for the high roof, low roof. So its about building for functionality, for the environment.

I hope I made valide points.

6 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
KolaShangOne:

I guess it's because of the kind of houses you people in Tue diaspora live in. Oyibo people do 'in-house parties' because of the cold climate there. They keep warm by being in the house and using heaters..

In Nigeria, we prefer outdoor parties/gatherings because of the hot climate. That's why we build not so big houses so that we can still have compound to erect tents in case madam drop 1.

Same thing goes for the high roof, low roof. So its about building for functionality, for the environment.

Yes and no.

I live in Los Angeles California so my preference for internal as well as external (I'm only building on 50% of the land) public area is not due to weather at all in my case. California has one of the best year round weather in the world. I just like open airy floor plans with wide hallways and clearly defined internal public and private areas. It's hard to get all of that done and a courtyard in a small foot print.

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by FastShipping: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Yes and no.

I live in Los Angeles California so my preference for internal as well as external (I'm only building on 50% of the land) public area is it due to weather at all in my case. California has one of the best year round weather in the world. I just like open airy floor plans with wide hallways and clearly defined internal public and private areas. It's hard to get all of that done and a courtyard in a small foot print.

O se baami!

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by skyps(m): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
KolaShangOne:

The oyibo you are talking about don't even build big houses. Is because we lack standard as a nation that's why people can build anyhow without control
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
skyps:

The oyibo you are talking about don't even build big houses. Is because we lack standard as a nation that's why people can build anyhow without control

You're funny but I guess it depends in which area and which company you keep.

You should come take a drive with me through Beverly Hills, South Paadena, North Arcadia one day so that I can show you at least 100 5,000sqft plus homes.

Not sure why you would say that there is no standard when there is definitely a standard.

Also astute people go beyond government standards and do the best they can for the environment.

2 Likes

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Olisa4all: 4:16am On Aug 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You're funny but I guess it depends in which area and which company you keep.

You should come take a drive with me through Beverly Hills, South Paadena, North Arcadia one day so that I can show you at least 100 5,000sqft plus homes.

Not sure why you would say that there is no standard when there is definitely a standard.

Also astute people go beyond government standards and do the best they can for the environment.

On Point

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by twinskenny(m): 6:00am On Aug 24, 2015
century106:

Yes will do! Need to get to where I have previous costs recorded...
Our bountiful giving God will make you start yours soon, moreso now that political campaigning has brought down the prices of Dangote and BUA cement

Congratulations sir for the success so far.

In case there is need for
Dstv
Cctv

Pls dont hesitate to speak with me 08051355133
God bless and he will help u finish it successfully
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by obi1kanobi(m): 2:05am On Aug 25, 2015
Oga centurion, please i need your advice, i was given this quote for metcoppo 0.45mm sheet. The roof measurement is 485.6 sqm

1. Metcoppo sheet #1250 x 485.6 = #607,375
2. Flashing #1200 x 180 = #216,000
3. Cladding #1200 x 30 = #36000
4. Cost of bending #5000
5. Workmanship #50,000
Total= #914,375

From this quotation and comparing to yours which is about 480 sqm. You used less than #700,000
For your roofing. Please what did you do differently to achieve this with less cost. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
obi1kanobi:
Oga centurion, please i need your advice, i was given this quote for metcoppo 0.45mm sheet. The roof measurement is 485.6 sqm

1. Metcoppo sheet #1250 x 485.6 = #607,375
2. Flashing #1200 x 180 = #216,000
3. Cladding #1200 x 30 = #36000
4. Cost of bending #5000
5. Workmanship #50,000
Total= #914,375

From this quotation and comparing to yours which is about 480 sqm. You used less than #700,000
For your roofing. Please what did you do differently to achieve this with less cost. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks
I made sure I knew the exact sqm.
I have a parapet so I only needed eaves and ridges.
There's a trick in calculating flashes and claddings, your roofer will have his 'apriko' from the difference from the actual sqm of flashes and claddings you need.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
Casement window fabrication in-situ

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
And the Men's quarter reached DPC. I just love it when my printed imagination are interpreted well unto the sands of the earth

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
century106:
Electrical piping on going
great one boss , more strength and more blessing
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 26, 2015
century106:

I made sure I knew the exact sqm.
I have a parapet so I only needed eaves and ridges.
There's a trick in calculating flashes and claddings, your roofer will have his 'apriko' from the difference from the actual sqm of flashes and claddings you need.

Duly noted.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you very much. You are doing great with the project. God bless you to complete it fully in good health.

Hajji M.
Amen and thank you. Below is the pics of one of the doors to be installed. Poor lighting but its a beautiful door with grain finish. Got them for #20,000

1 Like

Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
century106:

Amen and thank you. Below is the pics of one of the doors to be installed. Poor lighting but its a beautiful door with grain finish.
Got them for #20,000

Thank you very much. This is Chinese iron doors right? They do look good though. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you very much. This is Chinese iron doors right? They do look good though. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Yes they are 60mm China doors. They look good and strong
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by mufutau55(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
century106:

Yes they are 60mm China doors. They look good and strong

Thank you for the confirmation... it may even be cheaper if purchased in Lagos, I believe.

Hajji M.
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you for the confirmation... it may even be cheaper if purchased in Lagos, I believe.

Hajji M.
Yes it should be a bit cheaper if purchased from Lagos as some dealers here factor in their expenses to bring their containers from Lagos port to this side
Re: My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process by century106: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
The other China internal doors. These ones are #19200 each

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.