Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? (970 Views)

Is It Right For Father's To Bath Their Daughters? / Wife Brings Fake Father To Represent PZ’S Baby Moment Winner / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by englishmart(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
I overheard my neighbour (a dad) shouting at his 13year old son.

I heard him saying things like these "what is wrong with you? At your age you don't want to emulate you father.

Did I do any mistake giving birth to you? @the coloured words, does it sound correct for a father to use those words.?
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hell no
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
The roots of low self-esteem.
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by englishmart(m): 5:35am On Nov 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm:
The roots of low self-esteem.
as in?
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by Pavore9: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Some parents are not just it, hear words they use on their children, one would shiver and wonder if they were forced to be parents!
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by EfemenaXY: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2014
englishmart:
I overheard my neighbour (a dad) shouting at his 13year old son.

I heard him saying things like these "what is wrong with you? At your age you don't want to emulate you father.

Did I do any mistake giving birth to you? @the coloured words, does it sound correct for a father to use those words.?

Föölishness at it's peak. But then again, this perfectly displays the low-level thinking ability of your average Nigerian man.

Mtcheew.
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by thorpido(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2014
^^^Low level thinking of the average Nigerian man and woman.

The man himself was a product of poor parents.I can imagine how his own parents must have been.
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by EfemenaXY: 7:28am On Nov 06, 2014
^^ Still frustrating though. It just goes to show that common sense isn't really that common.
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Föölishness at it's peak. But then again, this perfectly displays the low-level thinking ability of your average Nigerian man.

Mtcheew.
I like the way you use every slight opportunity to bash the nigerian man on the internet. I'd love to see you bash one on the streets, maybe an agbero. cool
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by EfemenaXY: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2014
TribalEAST:
I like the way you use every slight opportunity to bash the nigerian man on the internet. I'd love to see you bash one on the streets, maybe an agbero. cool

grin grin grin

Haba! I'm as gentle as a dove...
Re: Is It Right For A Father To Make Such Comments? by bennyrazz: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
I see nothing wrong in what the father said, he must be really pissed off with the boy's attitude. Some kids can push you to the extent of you asking if you are truly the biological parent of the child. What I'm really against is parents cursing/swearing for their children.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wen Ur Parent Flogs U 4a Vry Flimsy/silly Reasn &ur Lyk *is He/she My Mum/dad*? / Nigerian Women Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / Dealing With Wife's Unreasonable Submissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.