Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,076 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal (3403 Views)

Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by drauj(m): 12:39am On Nov 06, 2014
The embattled Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, on Wednesday, came down hard on President Goodluck Jonathan, asking him to resign from office for running “a system that does not have the interest of the country at heart”.
Addressing supporters of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ilorin, Kwara State, during the formal declaration of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed for a second term, the Speaker warned that should the president failed to do so, Nigerian voters should revolt against him at the February presidential poll.
The Speaker had, at the APC extra-ordinary convention last week, said the party would chase out the “cabal” running the country at the poll next year.
“I call on President Jonathan to resign from office because of all the mis-governance and the untold hardship Nigerians are presently passing through,” he said. If he fails to do that it is therefore incumbent on us as a people to turn out en-masse and vote out Goodluck Ebele Jonathan come 2015. That will bring peace, progress and development of Nigeria.’’
He continued, “I am sure that (Kwara) state will provide such leadership to the extent that we shall deliver this country to the government at the centre to APC,” he said in Ilorin on Wednesday.
‘’By voting APC at the centre you will be voting for prosperity and eradication of poverty. What we are witnessing today in Nigeria is not governance, but mis-governance. We are witnessing a system that does not have the interest of the people of this country at heart.”
The Speaker described Kwara State’s political history as a rich one, saying the foundation of the political struggle and the structure laid by the late Olusola Saraki was being sustained by God.
Stating that the voting pattern known among the people of Kwara State would not be different next year, Mr. Tambuwal noted that with the support of the people, the APC would “form 100 percent of the government in the state from the local council to state Assembly and to the Government House”.
Also speaking at the event, a former governor of Lagos , Bola Tinubu, lambasted Mr. Jonathan for allowing the Boko Haram terrorists to seize parts of the nation’s territory, stating that he ought to have resigned because of the development.
He said, ‘’I saw the sea of refuges and the lies coming from Jonathan’s administration. They have exhibited failure, lack of capacity, vision, creativity; the lie of yesterday is what they repeat today and it is what they will repeat tomorrow. They are lying to you. They are lying about the security, toying about the security of this country. I don’t have time to explain the logic of their lies.’’
‘’If you control the armed forces and you are the Commander-in-Chief of the armed of the federal republic, why should any part of this country be under occupation?
“And you give us excuses every day. In any civilised country, Jonathan should have resigned. But if he will not resign he should wait for our broom we will sweep them away.’’
The APC leader, who recently returned from a medical trip abroad, asked the party members to be ready for change because the race had begun.
He said the party had endorsed Mr. Ahmed for second term because he performed well in office like his predecessor, Bukola Saraki.
Mr. Tinubu alleged that the PDP administration not only steals the people’s money on daily basis, but also refused to give them jobs.
According to him, “The thieves that daily steal your money, they have not given you any job; they cannot create jobs and they are starving states of funds to pay workers salaries. The best thing to do is to sweep them away through broom revolution. APC is a party of the masses.’’
He said this was the first time he would be on a podium with Mr. Saraki to campaign for the same party, and asked the APC faithful in the state to commence a house-to-house campaign to signal a new beginning.
He added, ‘’Now it is time to apply commonsense revolution and it is about your lives. It is about your education, your jobs and about the security of this country. We stay together since independence and we will remain together. Any affecting any section of this country affects all of us.’’
‘’I will come back. This is just the endorsement of Governor Ahmed; that he will be re-elected by the grace of God with the support of you people here and those outside there. The unemployment situation will be conquered by this administration of APC. We have the vision for the security of lives of our children.’’
On his part, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar said he was a foundation member of the current political dispensation in Kwara State.
While wishing that the late Saraki were alive, Mr. Abubakar said, “We should make sure we sustain the legacy Oloye left behind by making sure that Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is returned.”
Justifying his bid for second term, Mr. Ahmed said the state was much better than he met it.
“Today, before all of you, I make bold to say we have essentially fulfilled our covenant and in the process strengthened your faith in governance,’’ he said.
“I humbly and formally declare my intention to run for a second term in office so that I can do more for our state and its people. By the grace of God and with your mandate, we intend to accelerate the development of our state when re-elected for a second term in office.’’
Other APC leaders at the event, held at Metropolitan Square, Ilorin, were presidential hopefuls, Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso of Kano State and Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.
Governors Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State, Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, former Governor Bukola Saraki and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, was also in attendance.
Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170649-resign-now-tambuwal-tells-jonathan.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by chronique(m): 12:47am On Nov 06, 2014
Anyone who has stolen Nigeria's money will definitely pay with their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:03am On Nov 06, 2014
Tambuwal might not like GEJ but he can't deny or negate the fact that GEJ is still going to be the NUMERO UNO NIGERIAN CITIZEN for the next 4 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by egift(m): 1:08am On Nov 06, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
Tambuwal might not like GEJ but he can't deny or negate the fact that GEJ is still going to be the NUMERO UNO NIGERIAN CITIZEN for the next 4 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1839819_cymera20141105225041_jpeg951a170882029486d691a1554ecfa432

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by mrofficial(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2014
TheSonOfMark:

In your freaking mind.

I think it's time we started countering lies like this on NL vigorously, before these paid TANoids send out the wrong impression that may lead to rigging.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Horus(m): 1:22am On Nov 06, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:17am On Nov 06, 2014
LoL...av never seen me more ridiculed president as this daft-jonaTAN

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by isrecole: 2:45am On Nov 06, 2014
Its an irony that Tinubu could open his mouth and call Jonathan thief. Does he think Lagosians have forgotten his massive looting of Lagos? See below; 1. Alpha Beta Consulting which belongs to Tinubu was used to siphon about N200B (Two hundred billion naira) between year 2001 to 2010. 2. Oriental Hotel,by Lekki Toll Gate. 3. Stealing of N19Billion (Nineteen Billion Naira) proceeds of LASG Investment in ECONET. This sum was exchanged to dollars and taken to Lebanon with the help of Chagoury brothers. 4. Fraudulent conversion of LASPOLY land (where TVC) for personal use. 5. Fraudulent conversion of LASG Governors Lodge at Bourdillon and the LASGguest house Queens Drive all to personal property. 6. Several other stealing committed by Tinubu.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by vanunu: 3:40am On Nov 06, 2014
If apc eventually takes over power, it will only take about three months before nigerians will start calling for buhari to resign.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Burger01(m): 4:16am On Nov 06, 2014
^^^

These APChit people would die while trying... They will never get there. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by raumdeuter: 4:25am On Nov 06, 2014
isrecole:
Its an irony that Tinubu could open his mouth and call Jonathan thief. Does he think Lagosians have forgotten his massive looting of Lagos? See below; 1. Alpha Beta Consulting which belongs to Tinubu was used to siphon about N200B (Two hundred billion naira) between year 2001 to 2010. 2. Oriental Hotel,by Lekki Toll Gate. 3. Stealing of N19Billion (Nineteen Billion Naira) proceeds of LASG Investment in ECONET. This sum was exchanged to dollars and taken to Lebanon with the help of Chagoury brothers. 4. Fraudulent conversion of LASPOLY land (where TVC) for personal use. 5. Fraudulent conversion of LASG Governors Lodge at Bourdillon and the LASGguest house Queens Drive all to personal property. 6. Several other stealing committed by Tinubu.

If Jonathan is not clueless, He should go ahead and prosecute Tinubu. Its been over 7yrs Tinubu last had immunity.

Not prosecuting Tinubu with all these allegations you have shows outrightly that GEJ is a useless president

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 06, 2014
There is something I know about this life. Those who are unfaithful within one party, and use the other as springboard to success are unfaithful in every facets of life. Tambuwal, is asking Jonathan to resign, something he refuses to do as speaker after clearly betraying the party that gave him pepper and salt. The SWesterners have once again an opportunity, to prove to Tinubu that the mandate of the SW that was robbed them by this Goat-faced speaker, can not be forgotten. How can the same speaker now parade himself as angel of light, when he is a complete Judas ?

Oh, I guess I forgot that APC is a Party of Iscariots.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Xphantom(m): 4:53am On Nov 06, 2014
Shit-Speakers!!!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by LagosBoi2(m): 4:54am On Nov 06, 2014
It is long overdue

He should have resigned when he stole 20bn with his bedfriends

He should have resigned on bokoharam taking out territories

He should have resigned on the chibok saga

He should have resigned on arms deal

and many more

Ebolo if you refuse to go, you will be voted out by 2015.

chai, i can't wait for these performing governors to replace these touts and thugs in power by 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by BENZINA(m): 4:54am On Nov 06, 2014
Tambuwal has gone mad again and I"m sure this time it's forever,what a clown.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by dunkem21(m): 4:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Billyonaire:
There is something I know about this life. Those who are unfaithful within one party, and use the other as springboard to success are unfaithful in every facets of life. Tambuwal, is asking Jonathan to resign, something he refuses to do as speaker after clearly betraying the party that gave him pepper and salt. The SWesterners have once again an opportunity, to prove to Tinubu that the mandate of the SW that was robbed them by this Goat-faced speaker, can not be forgotten. How can the same speaker now parade himself as angel of light, when he is a complete Judas ?

Oh, I guess I forgot that APC is a Party of Iscariots.

Well said.

Association of Political isCariots.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 06, 2014
mrofficial:

In your freaking mind.

I think it's time we started countering lies like this on NL vigorously, before these paid TANoids send out the wrong impression that may lead to rigging.

So when GEJ wins in 2015, u will call it rigging abi? No matter the noise u make here on the internet, it would not affect the final outcome of the election. Better get that into your head

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 06, 2014
raumdeuter:

If Jonathan is not clueless, He should go ahead and prosecute Tinubu. Its been over 7yrs Tinubu last had immunity.

Not prosecuting Tinubu with all these allegations you have shows outrightly that GEJ is a useless president

Why not ask Tambuwal to impeach GEJ rather than begging him to resign

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by stinggy(m): 5:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Oh Tambuwal stop this rubbish pls. Joining APC doesn't make you a good man overnight!

You were with PDP all this while, you couldn't say all these. Just respect yourself and don't talk too much. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by BENZINA(m): 5:28am On Nov 06, 2014
stinggy:
Oh Tambuwal stop this rubbish pls. Joining APC doesn't make you a good man overnight!

You were with PDP all this while, you couldn't say all these. Just respect yourself and don't talk too much. undecided
[/color][color=#990000]Tambuwal is a disappointment.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by zantama05(m): 6:08am On Nov 06, 2014
this tym is not about reelection is about to step down since is not papa own nija useless man (jona)
Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by mrjangaweed: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2014
why are they afraid of poll?

well

thats a janjaaweed culture and norm

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by omenka(m): 6:25am On Nov 06, 2014
egift:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1839819_cymera20141105225041_jpeg951a170882029486d691a1554ecfa432
Kai!! Even Rafael Benitez ma dey point finger!! Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha gringringringringringrin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by 100Cents: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Tambuwal- wake up, its morning already

JONATHAN TILL 2019...

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by kaybills(m): 6:32am On Nov 06, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by mrofficial(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2014
chukwudi44:

So when GEJ wins in 2015, u will call it rigging abi? No matter the noise u make here on the internet, it would not affect the final outcome of the election. Better get that into your head

You call it noise, but it is reality. I'm yet to see electricity for the past 3 days where I live, and you call me a noise maker? Let's see how you will shove your clueless GEJ on millions of Nigerians who have been treated badly in the past 5 years that voted for him because he had no shoes and his cluelessness and mis-governance wasn't noticed back then.

GEJ is a failure and he has lost it, and it is well known that he will be ousted come February 2015. His cluelessness is well known. Those of you TANoids making noise online are the ones singing praise of his name because you all are paid. But you know what, it won't get him anywhere. Nigerians are well informed now.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by ecomerceguru: 7:03am On Nov 06, 2014
What is the Meaning of Tambuwal. It sounds like a roadside purewater seller.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by titoetal(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Am only laughing at the political intrigue in this nation because when it expodes, many will be looking for safe escape. It will take quite a long time for me to be convinced that some people are no longer playing the British grand design for Africa and Nigeria in particular as revealed by Harold Smith.
https://www.nairaland.com/73798/legendary-harold-smith-speaks-nigeria

May God save us from enemies within.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by cocoduck: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2014
any thing happens to Mr president, then forget about Nigeria. instead think of arewanistan
Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by mrofficial(m): 7:28am On Nov 06, 2014
kaybills:
Lol...u guyz should leave Jonathan alone. He's better than all u hypocritical APC noise makers. The thing is....if u are willing to follow,a leader will lead. Buhari,Atiku,Tambuwal will all end up Marginalizing a greater part of this country shd anyone emerge as president,and it will destroy the polity of this country. I may not like GEJ's style of Leadership,but he is nicer than all these hypocritical bigots. The angel u know could be better than the devil u don't know. Let's keep hope alive and pray to God for an ideal president to emerge as the winner. Peace!

He's nicer. Hehehehe grin. I see why Boko Haram is thriving, he has been nice to them as well. What a country.
Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by nigerianvenom(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2014
before the president is chase out,u will first be out come dec 3

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Resign Now - Tambuwal by chimerase2: 7:31am On Nov 06, 2014
Mr.speaker u re just stwepid kai
U were in PDP all dis while u didn't say all dis while
Now APC leaders re shouting PDP government are corrupt in state and federal level and we re meant to believe APC governors re saint
Ok we gree, but wen didi chibike amaechi, rochas sakari former governor of kwara state became saint was it wen dey joined APC and the likes
Becos I also saw where tinubu criticized sakari wen he was a PDP governor calling him all sort of corruptible names before but nw he wants ahmed to emulate his predeccessor chai
This is pure hypocrites
This set of pple are just confused smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / My Observations From Pdp's Rally In Borno / ‘it’s Time To Negotiate With Nnamdi Kanu’ By Malam Abba Akhuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.