Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React (1298 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Sirniyeh(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2014
1B dollar to fight insurgency. Here is another load approve. Total loan approve in 2014 alone amounts to 7.2T dollar. This is the sign of end time...!

www.punchng.com/news/fec-approves-945m-loans-to-tackle-water-problems/

FEC approves $945m loans to tackle water
problems

NOVEMBER 6, 2014 BY OLALEKAN ADETAYO

The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved three foreign loans totalling $945m meant to improve irrigation system; prevent flooding in Ibadan, Oyo State; and provide water for Bauchi, Ekiti and Rivers states.

The council also approved four different road projects totalling N22bn at the meeting presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo. President Goodluck Jonathan was away in Burkina Faso on a peace mission alongside two other African leaders.
Ministers of Special Duties, Taminu Turaki; State, Finance, Bashir Yuguda; Water Resources, Sarah Ochekpe; Agriculture and Rural Development, Akinwunmi Adesina; and Niger Delta Affairs, Stephen
Oru briefed State House correspondents at the end of
the meeting.

Yuguda said the first of the five memoranda presented to the council by his ministry for approval was the one on the International Development Association’s credit of $495m for proposed irrigation management.

He said the idea behind the facility was to upscale what the Federal Government had been doing in improving the irrigation system to ensure year-round farming season in the country.

“Part of the fund under this IDA credit is to upscale the cultivation of the irrigatable land in the country.
Currently, we have an estimated 2.2 million hectares of potentially irrigatable land in the country out of which about 1million hectares is situated in the Northern part,” he said.

Yuguda also said the council approved $200m loan to arrest the frequent flooding being witnessed in Ibadan, Oyo State. He explained, “We have all been witnessing the floods that have happened in Ibadan, the first one was in 1980 and the second one in 2011.

“Some remedial works were carried out to avert the
future occurrence of flooding in the city but we believe, with this credit facility of $200m, we will be able to arrest the frequent flooding within the Ibadan city.

“The idea is to work with the Ministry of Water
Resources and Ministry of Agriculture in order to arrest the situation.” The minister also disclosed that the council approved another $250m for the proposed third national urban water sector reform project.

He explained that the Federal Government would take the facility and then lend it to Bauchi, Ekiti and Rivers states. He said the project would be implemented over a period of six years and that its components included water sector governance, institutional frame work and human capital development, sector wide improvement and project management at the federal level and sector reforms on water.

He added that the facility would address the increasing demand on water in the affected states.
Shedding more light on the foreign loan for irrigation, Ochekpe said 50,000 hectares of land would be improved for cultivation over a period of seven years.

She said, “In each of the irrigation scheme, we expect
that 550 multiple, secondary and tertiary level water
users’ associations will be strengthened with different
capacity and skills in managing water resources for
improvement in their agricultural activities.
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Alphaoscar: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2014
water problem ke? the money is meant for procurement of befitting shoes for Mr President jare
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by 9jii(m): 7:36am On Nov 06, 2014
If these loans are to much for Nigeria to pay,is d world bank going 2 seize Nigeria and Nigerians from the Hand of our rulers?
Are you thinking what I m thinking?borrowing spree
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by NeduLuiZ(m): 7:38am On Nov 06, 2014
if jonathan goes scotfree then the devil should make heaven

5 Likes

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Splashme: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Nigeria's economic team is rock solid.
They can handle it.

My worry is for states govs plunging their states into huge debts - Lagos, Osun, Imo, Ogun and Kaduna
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by kalet55(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2014
Nawa o
htt://elohealth..com
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by tayoxx(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2014
nawa o.....na in dollars them dey steal money now
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by micolaj: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2014
U no know the Song-BORROW BORROW E NO GOOD, BUY YOUR OWN, E GO BETTER-new national anthem.
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by focus7: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2014
And Okonjo Ngozi told us the economy is booming, she told us the the foreign reserve has hit $34b. What a government of lies and falsehood, is in deed the case of Papa Deceives Pikin (PDP).

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by egift(m): 8:05am On Nov 06, 2014
President Jonathan's Destiny Is To Bankrupt Nigeria – Tunde Bakare

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Tekzyflex(m): 8:13am On Nov 06, 2014
Gosh! All this money and jst for Amaechi to pay me my small stipend;it will take three weeks of the next month. Nah wah ooooo!
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Sirniyeh(m): 8:24am On Nov 06, 2014
egift:
President Jonathan's Destiny Is To Bankrupt Nigeria – Tunde Bakare

That's the voice of the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by sammieguze(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Well...

I`d av said this is day light robbery with impunity but isn't that obvious already

Rather, i'd say the outgoing govt is hell bent on looting nigeria dry.

but sha..... all is Well.

less than six months left for the fisherman
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by yinchar(m): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2014
Splashme:
Nigeria's economic team is rock solid.
They can handle it.

My worry is for states govs plunging their states into huge debts - Lagos, Osun, Imo, Ogun and Kaduna
Didinrin...what are we saying...what is he saying?....smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by ayukdaboss(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2014
It's a shame. The only thing that'll make me vote for this thief in 2015 is if you put a gun on my head and after that I'll have to cry and beg God for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by omenka(m): 8:52am On Nov 06, 2014
And that froggy eyed woman with oversized lips would be feeding gullible Nigerians with half backed lies whenever she speaks.

Iweala has become another thorn in Nigeria's flesh. The trio of her, madueke alison and jonathan could wreck a multi trillion dollars economy in four weeks!!

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Walexz02(m): 9:02am On Nov 06, 2014
*sigh*
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Unekz(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2014
na only God knw if dis pple never loan Nigerians out
sai buhari 2015

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by LordaGuru: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2014
Too bad.
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by lilprinze: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2014
They won't finish paying one loan before they go and borrow another one, the most annoying part is that they are going to loot the money among them selves.
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Donsheddy: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2014
Ok na
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by BRAV0O(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2014
The world bank must be crazy! We'll know their plan , God knows when the time come they will be force to hold jonathan responsible for those money not nigerian masses
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 06, 2014
so tell me why Nigeria's economy will not be worse than Ghana in 2015

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Johnolis(m): 11:55am On Nov 06, 2014
angry angry
Because of all these looting or abi na borrowing,i have decided that i wont vote Goodluck again.,though i dont like buhari,am not gonna vote gej.i rather throw my vote into the gutter than support any of these thieves.....the enugu-onitsha express road has been in shambles for years and these politicians arent concerned because they all have private jets.How i wish there is someone out there to challenge gej rather than an old retarded military general who thinks nigeria is his birthright.Am fed up with gej's lies and propaganda filled 'fresh air'.these men are looting nigeria dry without blinking.the poor and downtrodden are getting poorer while the rich are getting excessively rich.if they like,let them continue but let them be rest assured that once the elastic limit of the masses are reached,there may be a revolution.i hate hearing of all these large sum of money in dollars yet with nothing to show for it.People are getting disenchanted from all these daily lies being conjured by these thieves.,yet things are getting worse,and they are only getting fatter with plumpy cheeks and over fed protruding stomachs...these politicians are oblivious of what it takes to be a nigerian.they are unaware of the challenges an average nigerian faces on daily basis.they are unaware of the feeling of hopelessness majority of nigerians face because they cant afford 500 naira a day and yet billions of naira are looted by the lucky few.they will drum it into our ears even when we didnt ask them,that they had no shoes and yet they wont raise a finger or make important policies that will better the conditions of generations yet unborn.Bills that affect the masses positively like the Petroleum industrial bill will take years before being passed into law but it will only take a night for them to approve trillions of dollars because of their selfishness which no one is accountable for.They tell us that nigeria is getting better...yes,nigeria is only getting better for them and their bank accounts are getting fatter while the masses die in poverty and helplessness.For one to really understand the current state of nigeria,i recommend the novel called 'The Animal farm'....like it was said.''All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.,in the same vein,we all are nigerians but some are more nigerian than others.It takes more than putting on a green white green colours,singing the national anthems and beaming with smiles to be a nigerian.there are millions of children without shoes,when are they going to be heard?
Reporting from Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Akinsz: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Johnolis:
angry angry
Because of all these looting or abi na borrowing,i have decided that i wont vote Goodluck again.,though i dont like buhari,am not gonna vote gej.i rather throw my vote into the gutter than support any of these thieves.....the enugu-onitsha express road has been in shambles for years and these politicians arent concerned because they all have private jets.How i wish there is someone out there to challenge gej rather than an old retarded military general who thinks nigeria is his birthright.Am fed up with gej's lies and propaganda filled 'fresh air'.these men are looting nigeria dry without blinking.the poor and downtrodden are getting poorer while the rich are getting excessively rich.if they like,let them continue but let them be rest assured that once the elastic limit of the masses are reached,there may be a revolution.i hate hearing of all these large sum of money in dollars yet with nothing to show for it.People are getting disenchanted from all these daily lies being conjured by these thieves.,yet things are getting worse,and they are only getting fatter with plumpy cheeks and over fed protruding stomachs...these politicians are oblivious of what it takes to be a nigerian.they are unaware of the challenges an average nigerian faces on daily basis.they are unaware of the feeling of hopelessness majority of nigerians face because they cant afford 500 naira a day and yet billions of naira are looted by the lucky few.they will drum it into our ears even when we didnt ask them,that they had no shoes and yet they wont raise a finger or make important policies that will better the conditions of generations yet unborn.Bills that affect the masses positively like the Petroleum industrial bill will take years before being passed into law but it will only take a night for them to approve trillions of dollars because of their selfishness which no one is accountable for.They tell us that nigeria is getting better...yes,nigeria is only getting better for them and their bank accounts are getting fatter while the masses die in poverty and helplessness.For one to really understand the current state of nigeria,i recommend the novel called 'The Animal farm'....like it was said.''All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.,in the same vein,we all are nigerians but some are more nigerian than others.It takes more than putting on a green white green colours,singing the national anthems and beaming with smiles to be a nigerian.there are millions of children without shoes,when are they going to be heard?
Reporting from Anambra.
this one get sense, among the gej till 2019 people

1 Like

Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Sirniyeh(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
BRAV0O:
The world bank must be crazy! We'll know their plan , God knows when the time come they will be force to hold jonathan responsible for those money not nigerian masses

They are giving Nigeria more loans, by 2020 you just hear Nigeria is ceded out because of loans. Back to slavery era
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
And the TANoids expect me & my kinsmen to fold our arms & be indifferent in case GEJ tries rigging himself back into Aso Rock in 2015, when I would gladly replicate the terror of ISIS in my domain against ALL THE TANOIDS, just like the northern youths did in Kano in 2011 by setting ablaze all the houses & properties of the PDP supporters e.g Ghali Umar Naaba, Ghaladima & Co, except that in 2015, it would be taken to the next level.

My sincere advice to GEJ & his minions is simply to borrow all they can b4 February 14, 2015, while also propagating massive lies against those that are capable of rescuing us from the shackles of corruption & ineptitude b'cos 2015 will be very different.

I can only hope that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Diezani Allison, that greedy mofo called David Mark & Co have relocated all there families to Switzerland, never to return to Nigeria or they will be given a dose of their own poison.

PS: @Asari Dokubo, we shall see whether Nigeria is your father's property, for trying to subject us to another 4years of insecurity, poverty & cluelessness!
Re: Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React by masamari(m): 11:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Blame the lenders fools !

(1) (Reply)

Special Report: Nigerian Senators Salary / Photo: GMB What A Man Of Integrity / Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.