Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? (2255 Views)

Is It Appropriate To Ask Your Boo For Easter gift / Why We Should Stop Picking On Girls Who Are Dating For Money / After Dating For 3yrs Without Sex..she Is Getting Married To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by eme40rald(f): 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
I have been playing with the thought in my mind
for the last 48 hours. Should I ask my boyfriend
for a little help? With that being said, I recently
ran into a major issue which prevented me from
having enough money to pay my debt. I
asked my mother of course but wasn't able to get
help there.
The next person I considered was my boyfriend but I feel
like I shouldn't ask him for money,even though I am sure
he has it, I just couldn't bring myself to asking
that question.
I don't want to be a burden to him and seem
needy. Right now I am a full time student with
little to no income so, when we are together he
foots the bill 100% of the time.
The first thing that comes to my mind is " GOLD
DIGGER" and I don't want him to see me that
way.
I do want to know if he is the type of person that
is willing to help if I needed it though. He may
have said it verbally but I am curious.we have been dating for 6months.
please matured responses needed.tnx

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
what r u scared of? that he'll turn u down? don't be. if u need the money urgently and u don't have it, go ahead and ask him, rltnshp z about sharing smiley just walk up to him n say 'hey baby, I'm in a bit of a financial situation, please can u help me' smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Tallesty1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Don't ask him for money.

Share your problem with him.

A good guy knows when his girl is in need of his help

6 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Chaleeee: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by eme40rald(f): 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
tnx guys
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Princecalm(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Simply share the problem,how you have not been finding things easy and have not been able to get enough money from your mum,he will surely understand.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by agarawu23(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
its a relationship and not a job opportunity or ur source of income. go hustle n gt d money urself. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Tolexander: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
EroticAngelina:
what r u scared of? that he'll turn u down? don't be. if u need the money urgently and u don't have it, go ahead and ask him, rltnshp z about sharing smiley just walk up to him n say 'hey baby, I'm in a bit of a financial situation, please can u help me' smiley
[img]http://4.bp..com/-pX0Z9KKcAs0/TqJsSq4VYlI/AAAAAAAAE0M/YGvOr5NhMYY/s400/bwo0029l.jpg[/img]
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Afrok(m): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
Op I don't see any big deal there, tell him what u are passing through and i guess he'll understand and know how best to help u. Talking about being labelled a gold digger, no one should refer to U as a gold digger for demanding for the first time. Moreover, it's a request which means he has the right to give or not depending on his financial status and the understanding of ur situation.

Ask him, don't let desperation be read in ur demand or u'll make a big deal out of it if he doesn't give U which I know U won't.
No conclusion should be made without any trial,so don't conclude yet about being called a gold digger or otherwise until U give it a try by telling him what U ar facing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by ifex370(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
Don't ask him for money.

Share your problem with him.

A good guy knows when his girl is in need of his help

You speak Truth my brother

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Depending on the guy's level of maturity.
U dnt nid to tell sum guys before they give out while others will say "am not ur father".
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lol dnt even make the mistake of askin him since u knw he isnt dat financially buoyant cuz u will not be happy wen he says he doesnt hav..pls my dear... Dr r oda ppo i knw who can help u out,... Which u wouldnt on a normal day believe they will help u
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Pdizzle(m): 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
You can ask if you will give too, when he is broke.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
U are a rear breed lady and I admire you.Six months and u feel uneasy asking for financial assistance from ur boy friend?I wish other ladies are like you.I dont think he will turn u down.I wont if I were him.But u never know how some guys think.So I would suggest u discuss the issue with him and make him see that u need help..indirectly that is.I hope he is financial standing is such that he can actually help.I wish u all the best and keep being this way.Doors that lead to an easier and much rewarding room will open for u.Dounle thumbs up.You can have the last piece of cake on my plate any day Peace

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Cholls(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
My sister yes cuz a friend in need is a friend indeed
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
agarawu23:
its a relationship and not a job opportunity or ur source of income. go hustle n gt d money urself. undecided
Hey, was that necessary? Being rude doesn't say mature you are, you know.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
Share your problem with him. Its his decision to help you or not.

One time, I visited my BF, it was his birthday. I picked up his cake I booked some days before. Bought him a new perfume. On my way to his house, the traffic was crazyyyy! So I deceided to take a bike.

I got there, celebrated. Time to go, I was shot of money. I needed #200 to complete my t.p. I tried asking. Was too shy.

So I left, trekked from Awolowo way Ikj to Ikeja along. To mice my money.

Lesson is.....Learn to share your problem. Atleast, with a few people.

www.nigerianschoolgirl.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by denedene(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
you can but a man would respect a woman who is independent n also it depends on how genuine your ressons r
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by Tymax(m): 11:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Naija Boyfriends don hear am. She can't even "borrow" from him. She is going to "ask" outrightly. Na wa o!

And she said she's "sure" he has the money. She doesn't even care if the money he has is meant for something equally important.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by wordbank(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
After girls will be like *money ain't everything!
Oya chop luv now na
Mtchew
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by eme40rald(f): 11:33am On Nov 07, 2014
VanLucius:
U are a rear breed lady and I admire you.Six months and u feel uneasy asking for financial assistance from ur boy friend?I wish other ladies are like you.I dont think he will turn u down.I wont if I were him.But u never know how some guys think.So I would suggest u discuss the issue with him and make him see that u need help..indirectly that is.I hope he is financial standing is such that he can actually help.I wish u all the best and keep being this way.Doors that lead to an easier and much rewarding room will open for u.Dounle thumbs up.You can have the last piece of cake on my plate any day Peace
tnk u very much.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by eme40rald(f): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2014
DoubleQueen:
Share your problem with him. Its his decision to help you or not.

One time, I visited my BF, it was his birthday. I picked up his cake I booked some days before. Bought him a new perfume. On my way to his house, the traffic was crazyyyy! So I deceided to take a bike.

I got there, celebrated. Time to go, I was shot of money. I needed #200 to complete my t.p. I tried asking. Was too shy.

So I left, trekked from Awolowo way Ikj to Ikeja along. To mice my money.

Lesson is.....Learn to share your problem. Atleast, with a few people.

www.nigerianschoolgirl.
lol u are right,but at times asking isn't as simple as it sounds
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by davidif: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
From my own perspective, its highly inappropriate.Its almost like a red flag but in your case, I would make an exception.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by cruzita(f): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
as long as you don't do it always ,he will understand
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by lanre147(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
no don't ask him.. come and ask me
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by thowbie7ven(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
@OP, so wah happened thereafter?
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by eme40rald(f): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
I talked to him about my problem and he was willing to help. This is definitely an old thread. I was surprised to see it on romanceland front page. I graduated last year thanks to God
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by hottest111: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
eme40rald:
I have been playing with the thought in my mind for the last 48 hours. Should I ask my boyfriend for a little help? With that being said, I recently ran into a major issue which prevented me from having enough money to pay my debt. I asked my mother of course but wasn't able to get help there. The next person I considered was my boyfriend but I feel like I shouldn't ask him for money,even though I am sure he has it, I just couldn't bring myself to asking that question. I don't want to be a burden to him and seem needy. Right now I am a full time student with little to no income so, when we are together he foots the bill 100% of the time. The first thing that comes to my mind is " GOLD DIGGER" and I don't want him to see me that way. I do want to know if he is the type of person that is willing to help if I needed it though. He may have said it verbally but I am curious.we have been dating for 6months. please matured responses needed.tnx
Op,, I just wish most naija ladies think like you. I'm so happy for ur boo
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by philismary(f): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Some people self.
agarawu23:
Re: Is It Appropriate To Ask Someone U Dating For Money? by agarawu23(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
philismary:
Some people self.
angry

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Ladies Only / Ladies Can U Marry A Boy Who Aspires To Join The Nigerian Army? / What Would You Do If You Had One Day Left To Live?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.