Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Coming Lagos Tsunami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coming Lagos Tsunami (2905 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / "The Coming Of Buhari's Change Agents" By Garba Shehu (ssa To Buhari) / Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Coming Lagos Tsunami by landis(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2008
"Lagos is a megacity with 15 million people, half of them at two meters (6 ft) above sea level, and that puts them at risk as hardly any other big city in the world," Stefan Cramer, Nigeria director of Germany's Heinrich Boll Foundation think-tank and an adviser to the Nigerian government on climate change, was quoted by Reuters to have explained.
Cramer, speaking at the launch of a Nigerian documentary on climate change, said most scientists predicted sea levels would rise by one metre over the next 50 years or so.

--

“In 50 years with a one-metre sea level rise, two million, three million people would be homeless, By the end of the century we would have two metres and by that stage Lagos is gone as we know it,” he told Reuters.

You are WARNED but like in Noah's Arc many did not listen!

Hoshea 4.6:My people perish for lack of knowledge"
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by server34(m): 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2008
LOL @ topic. 40 views no reply. Why? Shey na people dey fear the truth? or the post is crap?
@Poster, hope ur not mistaking Lagos in portugal for Lagos, Nigeria. Just wondering.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2008
server34:

LOL @ topic. 40 views no reply. Why? Shey na people dey fear the truth? or the post is crap?
@Poster, hope ur not mistaking Lagos in portugal for Lagos, Nigeria. Just wondering.

Are you this ignorant, is this the first you are getting this news?
Or, do you need to be geologist to know that there's a possibility of that?
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by tharma(f): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2008
If the sea level begin to rise, ppl will migrate. Who told the guy that ppl  are trees. Lagosians will just back their little belongings and move; move to Jigawa or Yobe. Land de there.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Horus(m): 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
[size=17pt]Tsunami may soon hit Nigeria[/size]

Idowu Samuel, Abuja - 28.07.2008

AN environmentalist, Dr. Ephraim Iroakazi, has warned about the possibility of advanced flashed flooding, otherwise known as tsunami, occurring in the country, stressing that the signs had started emerging.
Iroakazi, who said this in Abuja at the weekend, added that the Federal Government should begin to take cognisance of the early signs of possible outbreak of tsunami, most especially in Lagos State, hence early preparations towards containing the natural disaster was necessary.The environmentalist, who was once the Chief Executive of Abia State Environmental Protection Agency, said the current mild flooding being experienced in Lagos with the increasing erosion of the ocean in the state was a sign that Nigeria was prone to the natural disaster.Though he did not give a specific time when it would break out in the country, he said the possibility was real, having been noted by both foreign and local experts, a reason he said early warning signs should not be ignored.
Iroakazi said this after receiving a development merit award from a non-governmental organisation at the Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Abuja.About 180 Nigerians bagged different categories of award during the 8th Development in Nigeria Merit Award night, in recognition of their contributions to the progress and development of the country.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/28072008/news/news15.html

Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by blacksta(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2008
foolish talk
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by server34(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
nuzo:

Are you this ignorant, is this the first you are getting this news?
Or, do you need to be geologist to know that there's a possibility of that?

And if I tell u I'm a geologist? Idiot, my comment was just to provoke discussion on the topic which I have succeeded in doing. Why do u wanna pick a fight with some1 way smarter than u are? Ignoramus!
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2008
Lol. . . have been able to provoke the discussion? Whichever way, just carry go.
Professional mumu. grin
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by server34(m): 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
nuzo:

Whichever way, just carry go.

. . . . . . That's how they usually shy away.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Jakumo(m): 5:38am On Nov 23, 2008
No worries here. Whenever I visit Lagos in the future, my chauffeur will be detailed to carry my newly waxed surf-board wherever I go, so that I will be ready at a moment's notice when the Big Wave looms on the horizon.

Work is for wimps who don't know how to surf.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by imaxtm(m): 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2011
The issue with this post is that Nigeria is not near any fault line so we cant have earthquakes or tsunamis
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Seanet1000: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
By the Special Grace Of Almighty Allah Your Prediction will not come to Pass. Lagos will never witness a Tsunami By God's Grace. It will never Happen.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by EkoIle1: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
Why is NL so fool of ignorant and illiterate folks?

When was the last time Tsunami transpired in the Atlantic Ocean? Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of many people on NL.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by Sunofgod(m): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
Tsunami may soon hit Nigeria

Idowu Samuel, Abuja - 28.07.2008

AN environmentalist, Dr. Ephraim Iroakazi, has warned about the possibility of advanced flashed flooding, otherwise known as tsunami, occurring in the country, stressing that the signs had started emerging.

So Fashola had at least 3 years notice?

And yet he failed so woefully.

Chai, , , , ,
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by homerac7: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2011
@ Imax_tm & eko Ile,

Thnx for ur informed observations.

D so called doctor is stvpid and fake. Is he not supposed to understand d mechanics of tsunami as a ph.d holder environmentalist? Where is d faultline for d underwater earthquake to occur around d gulf of guinea, bights of Benin and biafra? Olodo rabata doctor. only God ones if d man knows different between monsoon rain, typhoon and tsunami.

D only case dt can generate a tsunami along Nigerian coastline is d artificially induced type wt nukes, otherwise d probability is very distant.
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by EzeUche(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2011
It is good to be a hinterland people.  cool

Why fight over access to the sea, when the sea is coming to us?
Re: The Coming Lagos Tsunami by vicenzo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
EzeUche:

It is good to be a hinterland people.  cool

Why fight over access to the sea, when the sea is coming to us?

Tell them bro.Somepeople don't know why ph was built where it is today.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Demand N500 Million For Soludo's Father / Police Arrest 500 Kidnappers / GEJ Describes Late Patrick Sawyer Actions As Pure Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.