Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) (3763 Views)

Photo: What Will You Do To Your Baby If Found In This Condition? / Photo: What Would You Do? If You Found Your Daughter In This Condition / If You Find Your Kid In This Condition What Will You Do?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
Plz if u get back from work
and
discover dat ur mother in law
has
given your Baby a tribal mark like this without ut consent
What wil u do
Plz b sincere..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Talon05: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
MzMessiTohBadt:
Plz if u get back from work
and
discover dat ur mother in law
has
given your Baby a tribal mark like this..
What wil u do
Plz b sincere..
I will be mad at her for as long as I live and my kids will never pay her a visit and when she comes visiting, I will never allow my kids be left alone with her. Such a MIL can destroy a home. I will make her regret doing that to my kid everyday of her life until she dies, she will be really sorry but I will take none of it.

Eirini.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Lovetinz(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
No big deal.
Ask a doctor how much will plastic surgery cost to replace the skin.
Then send my mother-in-law to Dangote Factory to start working for the money.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lovetinz:
No big deal.
Ask a doctor how much will plastic surgery cost to replace the skin.
Then send my mother-in-law to Dangote Factory to start working for the money.

lolzzz...
Omo U badt gan oo
We talkin abou yr mother-in-law here..
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Talon05:

I will be mad at her for as long as I live and my kids will never pay her a visit and when she comes visiting, I will never allow my kids be left alone with her. Such a MIL can destroy a home. I will make her regret doing that to my kid everyday of her life until she dies, she will be really sorry but I will take none of it.

Eirini.

lmao
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by NeduLuiZ(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
hmmmmm ... Some things are better left un-said
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by secnelly: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
No Qualms If it was agreed upon.but if she did it without my conscent, she will get her peculiar tribal mark in return all over her body with any material I find handy.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Kenzico(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Haba y do I nid 2vex for her, I will take up the Instrument n give her d same tribal mark d same pattern she used on my kid
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by egopersonified(f): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Just get a piece of cloth and wipe off.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
I will give her own child my own tribal marks too grin
she wont like the damage my tribal marks will cause angry
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
I will kill her..with my bare hands,,and i will also inflict that tribal mark on her face.... Nonsense...
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
egopersonified:
Just get a piece of cloth and wipe off.
wat r u sayn,....d deed has been done already....
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by egopersonified(f): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
Cutehector4u:
wat r u sayn,....d deed has been done already....

I believe this was done with an eye liner/pencil.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
egopersonified:

I believe this was done with an eye liner/pencil.
we r talkin abt reall tribal mark..we dnt care abt the picture..dnt u understand? Hian
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by egopersonified(f): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Cutehector4u:
we r talkin abt reall tribal mark..we dnt care abt the picture..dnt u understand? Hian

I was refering to the picture in my initial post and not the reality of it. We all read or see pictures differently, I dont have to follow another's thoughts to reply any thread.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
egopersonified:

I was refering to the picture in my initial post and not the reality of it. We all read or see pictures differently, I dont have to follow another's thoughts to reply any thread.
hmm ok....others were referin to the reality of it...
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
And i detest such tradition tho....
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Godmystrength: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
I will just wake up from my dream o....
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
Godmystrength:
I will just wake up from my dream o....

abi o grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MARKone(m): 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
My people no dey design our baby like this, so I'll pass.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by lilmax(m): 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
I will be confused
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 12:14am On Nov 08, 2014
lilmax:
I will be confused

Just confused??
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by sanandreas(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2014
Dem never born that kind mother in law. I will give her back. I nor go waste time.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by MissTeaseMe(f): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2014
egopersonified:

Lizy Eti!!! undecided
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Rosarie(f): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
i nor fit leave ma pikin wit mother in law in d first place.i get mama and she lives close.but for fiction tori i am a hot tempred person and wen i c a tin like dat i will tell her she is a witch and has plans dats why she did it behind my back.infact i will jst strangle her!she join me labour for d pikin.infact ma bro i will kill her
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lmao...now that is fvcked up!

The MIL would get her face slashed and she will have to find a way to get rid of the tiger claws on the kid's face. If at all anyone is still on the tribal marks thing, it should be on the back or somewhere on the legs.

@Guyfawkes

Before the kiriji wars, was the tribal mark thing part of Yoruba culture?
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by sevantex(m): 12:06am On Nov 10, 2014
E go bloody dt day sha...,she die well if she dreams to do it grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by GuyFawkes: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2014
SirShymex:
Lmao...now that is fvcked up!

The MIL would get her face slashed and she will have to find a way to get rid of the tiger claws on the kid's face. If at all anyone is still on the tribal marks thing, it should be on the back or somewhere on the legs.

@Guyfawkes

Its not a culture thing per se,initially tribal marks were restricted to the Alaafin's family in Oyo.It became widespread all over the various yoruba sub-groups when wars were ravaging the land and slavery was at its peak, people needed a way to identify folks from either their family or town who might be sold into slavery and they happened to meet in some place far away.

Folks were just being hauled away to be sold into slavery during the Kiriji wars . Folks in town would even tell anyone who was being taken away not to struggle and bade them farewell grin.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by tpia6: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2014
SirShymex:

@Guyfawkes

You are always asking, never learning.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Its not a culture thing per se,initially tribal marks were restricted to the Alaafin's family in Oyo.It became widespread all over the various yoruba sub-groups when wars were ravaging the land and slavery was at its peak, people needed a way to identify folks from either their family or town who might be sold into slavery and they happened to meet in some place far away.

Folks were just being hauled away to be sold into slavery during the Kiriji wars . Folks in town would even tell anyone who was being taken away not to struggle and bade them farewell grin.

Loool, now I see why the Oyo tribal mark is the most elaborate one. It looks like a double whammy of attacks by a tiger and a lion at the same time - two wild cats lol. I think that was what inspired the "2catwoman" handle - jk jk jk. grin

Yes, you can't really call it a culture since it was basically something for identification, due to event/circumstance. And now that it is not there anymore, the practice needs to be abolished. I know some naija uncle in Peckham back in the day who had the proper elaborate one (he was quite popular back then, his face made him famous lol) - hysterical.

Also, I know they also used tattoos as well. My nan has tattoos of her name and her parent's on her body. She is Egba. I'd say that was what inspired me to get tattoos as well.

Yoruba history is very interesting - great people, and great culture.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by GuyFawkes: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Loool, now I see why the Oyo tribal mark is the most elaborate one. It looks like a double whammy of attacks by a tiger and a lion at the same time - two wild cats lol. I think that was what inspired the "2catwoman" handle - jk jk jk. grin

Yes, you can't really call it a culture since it was basically something for identification, due to event/circumstance. And now that it is not there anymore, the practice needs to be abolished. I know some naija uncle in Peckham back in the day who had the proper elaborate one (he was quite popular back then, his face made him famous lol) - hysterical.

Also, I know they also used tattoos as well. My nan has tattoos of her name and her parent's on her body. She is Egba. I'd say that was what inspired me to get tattoos as well.

Those Oyo and Ogbomosho marks are serious mehn...tiger claws print grin . Its almost extinct now anywway, but you can bet some village folks wouldn't let it for quite sometime yet.

Most of those yoruba old women have those tatoos were they write all sorts of stuff, some you can make out what's written and some you can't, looks cool tho.
Re: What Will You Do If You Find Yourself In This Condition(pics) by tpia6: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
SirShymex:

do we really need a recital of your family history every time you log into this place?

please stop boring us with all these meaningless stories, you've told us over a thousand times now, dont you think we're quite familiar with what you are?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mystery Behind Abino (pics) / I Regret Not Leaving My Wife Months Ago / Funny Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.