Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction (2379 Views)

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially / Breaking News: Tambuwal Likely To Decamp To Apc Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has adjourned till November 17 hearing on the substantive suit brought before it by Aminu Tambuwal, the speaker of the House of Representatives, alongside notice of preliminary objection filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), challenging the jurisdiction of the court to entertain the matter.

The suit was earlier adjourned for the defendants to show the cause why the reliefs being sought in pursuant to Order 26 rules 12 and 13, Order 56 (1) of the Federal High Court rule 2009 should not be granted.

At the resumed hearing of the matter on Friday, Tambuwal drove himself into the court premises without any security detail and was accompanied by Segun Oni, Inua Abdulkadir, who represented the All Progressives Congress (APC), and Abike Dabiri Erewa.

Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), lead counsel to the plaintiffs who led other 67 legal luminaries to the court, had in his argument said that based on the order of the court at the last adjourned date, the defendants were supposed to “show cause through an affidavit and a written address”.

According to him, they are supposed to report to the plaintiff’s written address contained in its motion ex parte. He averred that there is no gain saying in replying on the points of law. “Points of law must be embedded in the written address”, he said.

In his submission, Fagbemi said that the position of the inspector general of police and the attorney general of the federation on the issue of raising point of law if it is an invitation or request “we will turn it down, what they are saying is that there is no cause to be shown”.

Ustaz Usman (SAN), counsel to the PDP, argued that there are two ways to show cause: “to give evidence to contradict evidence in the ex parte application or bring another fact or law to show why that order should not be made, this is what rule 14 Order 26 provides”.

He, thereafter, informed the court about its notice of preliminary objection challenging the jurisdiction of the court and had filed documents in response to the effect that the “first plaintiff is not supposed to be there either in the House or as a speaker”.

These, according to him, are enough facts to show particularly as regards the issue of jurisdiction that the court cannot give any order until the issue of jurisdiction has been decided.

Lateef Fagbemi in his reply said that the entire Order 26 is segmented and this is seen in how the order is set out. Referring to paragraph 5 under the Order 26, he argued that the appropriate order is Order 26 rule 13 etc and that come under per se, which is a special procedure that is taken away from the general cause.

He argued that the hearing of the substantive suit had not been reached for the PDP to contest the jurisdiction of the court over the matter.

The presiding judge, Justice Mohammed in his ruling thereafter agreed that the case of jurisdiction is to be determined first, but that the court has the right to inquire into it.

He later adjourned the matter to November 17 for hearing on the substantive suit alongside the jurisdiction notice, directing all parties to maintain the status quo till the issue of jurisdiction is resolved.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/11/tambuwals-defection-pdp-challenges-courts-jurisdiction/#.VFzobIh4WK0
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Apc and Tambuwals people are jumping up and down in their fake new grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tambuwal has started losing the plot
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
The apc liers can come and show use where the judge said his security should be reinstated

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
Apc and Tambuwals people are jumping up and down in their fake new grin
Have you eaten today? embarassed

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:

Ustaz Usman (SAN), counsel to the PDP, argued that there are two ways to show cause: “to give evidence to contradict evidence in the ex parte application or bring another fact or law to show why that order should not be made, this is what rule 14 Order 26 provides”.

He, thereafter, informed the court about its notice of preliminary objection challenging the jurisdiction of the court and had filed documents in response to the effect that the “first plaintiff is not supposed to be there either in the House or as a speaker”.

I hope this is sinking in apc goons
So you're in support of PDP using it's power in an undemocratic way to challenge a court ruling? You're an embarrassment! embarassed

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2014

I hope this is sinking in apc goons

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
embarassed
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by Osakah24(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nigerian politicians self.
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Have you eaten today? embarassed
i should be asking you that maybe you have been over feed with lies that is you people stock in trade when you people peddle lies and been found out you resort to insult.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by tit(f): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
i should be asking you that maybe you have been over feed with lies that is you people stock in trade when you people peddle lies and been found out you resort to insult.

APC is doing Operation Feed the Nation with Lies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
Okay.
Guardian News: Court Orders Restoration of Tambuwals Security Aides!

http://ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/185840-court-faults-igp-orders-restoration-of-tambuwal-s-security-details

NewsDay: Court Orders Restoration of Tambuwals Security Aides!

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Court-orders-Tambuwals-security-details-restored-20141107

embarassed I know it's a shocker but I Believe you'll pass through the shock.

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Okay.

http:// ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/185840-court-faults-igp-orders-restoration-of-tambuwal-s-security-details

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Court-orders-Tambuwals-security-details-restored-20141107

aint you ashamed of your self u must be a block head go and troll somewhere else you lies has been exposed bunch of progressive criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Okay.

http://ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/185840-court-faults-igp-orders-restoration-of-tambuwal-s-security-details

By their fruit we shall know them. No Nigerian court will give judgement on a case within a week. Nigerian guardian has been exposed, how much have they paid the hungry writer?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
aint you ashamed of your self u must be a block head go and troll somewhere else you lies has been exposed bunch of progressive criminal.
Who's the blockhead here? You quoted a load of bullcrap and you feel that's enough for you to celebrate your mediocrity. I'm done with you. Hope you can read? Please enlighten yourself with those links.

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Who's the blockhead here? You quoted a load of bullcrap without source and you feel that's enough for you to celebrate your mediocrity. I'm done with you. Hope you can read? Please enlighten yourself with those links.
even your propoganda machine newspaper couldnt spin it while u are here disgracing ur self i hope nairalanders are watching how apc fools believe their on lies

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/tambuwal-judge-restates-order-on-reopening-of-house/

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
tokunboh:

By their fruit we shall know them. No Nigerian court will give judgement on a case within a week. Nigerian guardian has been exposed, how much have they paid the hungry writer?
dont mind the idiot posting fake news even their own propoganda machine couldnt spin it the way this paid fools tried to
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/tambuwal-judge-restates-order-on-reopening-of-house/

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by ayukdaboss(m): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
even your propoganda machine newspaper could spine it while u are here disgracing ur self i hope nairalanders are watch how apc fool believe their on lies

At this juncture since we're both quoting from Newspaper sources and you claim mine is fake and I'm "disgracing" myself, why don't we wait for more credible sources over the next few days before we make our judgements? Because it beats me why you feel my News link from Guardian is fake while yours is original from Nation. *Unfollows thread*
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

At this juncture since we're both quoting from Newspaper sources and you claim mine is fake and I'm "disgracing" myself, why don't we wait for more credible sources over the next few days before we make our judgements? Because it beats me why you feel my News link from Guardian is fake while yours is original from Nation. *Unfollows thread*
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

is that a way of chickening out since youve read the news from your propoganda news paper my friend jog on with your fake gaurdian news ode

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by vedd: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
I thought they would disobey the court order as they always do.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by karlmax2: 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
vedd:
I thought they would disobey the court order as they always do.
which order from which court?
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by vedd: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
karlmax2:
which order from which court?
Edo PDP and its "lawmakers" is a classic example of brazen disobedience of court order.
Can you imagine a situation where a politician boldly threaten to "deal with" a bailiff for serving him a court summon live in front of the camera, and another blatantly saying, "I disobey. Go and do your worst!" In front of camera and police, and nothing happens?

That's the kind of impunity and arrogance common wit the pdp in Edo, and Nigeria. Sadly, they are aided by the police.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by osamaBUSH(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
What is all this na undecided
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction by lilprinze: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
APC = lies

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Associate Of Chadian President Arrested With Missiles Meant For Boko Haram / An Open Letter To Senator John Kerry And President Barack Obama By A Nigerian / ‘Awolowo’s Solid Foundation Puts Western Region Ahead Of Others Till Now’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.