Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,751 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47294 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by OKDnigeria: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
The national leadership of the Peoples
Democratic Party is pushing for the resignation of
the Speaker of the House of Representatives,
Mallam Aminu Tambuwal over his defection to the
APC.
Already, the members of the National Working
Committee of the party had met with PDP leaders
in the House concerning the defection.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief
Olisa Metuh, disclosed this in an interview with
journalists in Abuja.
He said, “After a thorough consideration of the
matter, the NWC came to a conclusion that the
Hon. Speaker, as a responsible elected officer,
knows full well what is needful and honourable of
him since his new party is in the minority.
“We are not unmindful of the fact that Hon.
Tambuwal became Speaker on the platform of the
PDP as the political party with the majority of
seats in the House of Representatives and that
this incontrovertible fact has not changed.”
It was gathered that the party might be pushing
for his impeachment if he refused to resign.
www.punchng.com/news/pdp-seeks-tambuwals-resignation/

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by dtruth3(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yes! let the game start. Mr former speaker, how things nah? will you be Honorable enough to do the needful?

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

This is some crazy catch 22

Nigerian politicians are clowns and sometimes, good strategists

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by silverprince413(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
Welcome to nigeria

Where PDP will never allow a person who leaves the party to another, to retain its position

21 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by haykay2005: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:
And if he does not resign what will they do? Impeach him? They dont have the necessary two thirds needed to do that.

What is needed is a simple majority and not a two third!

67 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by justi4jesu(f): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
angry angry angry angry
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by fitzmayowa: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
There is no need to start singing the impeachment song, if his new party is the minority in the house...he should do the needful and step down as the speaker...for the majority party in the house to take over leadership...

29 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Abbey2sam(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Owk

i don't care sha

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by johnshagb(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Someone said this impeachment is imminent in the thread about his defection.
One party is getting paranoid, the other is waxing stronger by the day. I believe you know where I'm going with this?
2015 will be interesting.

9 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
PDP and petty politics. I only pray God gives their minions on this forum the fortitude to bear the loss.

29 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by omenka(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wishful thinking.

Mscheew.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by otijah(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
this is what we call backstabbing of the highest order. no need for resignation request he should be impeached immediately as long as he against pdp #gej2015

12 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by abbey621(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
haykay2005:

Lol.... U no know book!

33 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mooaloji(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Two third is 240 and PDP members are not up2. So?

13 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Blackchampion(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Na wa ooo. So i should start arguing abt his defection wit my data abi? Even as data don cost now? I no go try am. Maka na ife balaaba abago!

6 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by eye4eye: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
You have to be stupid to think any Hausa will be willing to impeach one their own. You also have to be dumb to think Tambuwal doesn't have the number in his pocket before switching his party. Action in futility is what PDP is trying to do.

79 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by malele(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
He has to resign , u can't deflect from a party that gave u power and still retain power.

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mynd44:

Nigerian politicians are clowns and sometimes, good strategists

Were did you get that from,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by pontirock(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
haykay2005:

Don't You Know What The Constitution Says ; To Impeach The Speaker, Senate President Or President, Two-third Must Assent To It I.E 240

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
it is quite disheartening that these rich politicians do not know the basics of democracy.

He has every right to move to APC whether it's the minority or not.

What ever happened to his fundamental human rights? It is wrong to impose or force him to resign because he's switching allegiance.

Well, I must say I am very disappointed at the so-called national leader of the peoples "democratic" party.

Threatening a fellow party member with impeachment is the same as stooping as low as the insurgents (boko haram) who give little or no choice to the Nigerian citizens.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by 3Dimension: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Wizcollifa(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Is this front page or back yard?

5 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Mynd44: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
haykay2005:

You need two thirds to IMPEACH

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by yayitifury: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Only 2/3 of the house can remove our honourable speaker....bravo..good timing bro.....
haykay2005:

11 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by piagetskinner(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Its expected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ahmed Taiwo At Lekki Panel: 'I Wish I Brought A Rifle To Try It On You' - Jokes / Suffering In The East Is On Another Level / Jaruma Calls Out Maryam Atiku Over Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.