Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Please Assist A Novice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Assist A Novice (574 Views)

All Webmaster Please Assist / Kindly Review My Blog. I'm A Novice / Need A Php Form Maker Software (novice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Assist A Novice by deedat205(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
I got some tutorials about web designing and
I now understand some basis of HTML. I downloaded a web template and I was able to edit it successfully. After editing it I made the folder an achieve and I tried to send it to my cpanel just to see how it will be like online but I received a response that the content in my folder can't be extracted and mean while I have been able to upload the initial template successfully. please can anyone help me out? I just added few new HTML pages to the initial template and I directed my other HTML pages to it <a href bla bla bla
Am using a free domain name and web hosting www.000webhost.com
Re: Please Assist A Novice by WebHostingPal: 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
deedat205:
I got some tutorials about web designing...

In what format are you uploading ? .zip or .rar? For example in cPanel you can't upload .rar file and extract it, you will get similar error message like the one you described above. You need to find out from your web host.

Hope this helps.
Re: Please Assist A Novice by deedat205(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
thanks for your response. The format is in .zip which is accepted by my web host
Re: Please Assist A Novice by WebHostingPal: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
deedat205:
thanks for your response. The format is in .zip which is accepted by my web host

In that case try and zip the files again and re-upload.
Re: Please Assist A Novice by internetpo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
deedat205:

Found a solution yet?

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Use Linux / [hot] 2cent Facebook Ads Tips. Ebook / Are You In Lagos, Can You Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.