Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Problem With The Jonathanians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Problem With The Jonathanians (1225 Views)

Peregrino Brimah: Why Jonathanians Desperately Want Osinbajo & El-rufai To Fight / Amaechi & Tinubu, The Nightmare Of The Jonathanians! / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With The Jonathanians by funken: 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
My problem with the supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan (I call them “Jonathanians”) is that they are always giving excuses or striving to rationalise the glaring failure of governance in the country under the Jonathan presidency. When they are not blaming Muslims and Northerners for the failure of governance in the country under President Jonathan, they are putting the blame on former President Olusegun Obasanjo. When they are not blaming APC and the opposition, they are busy blaming everybody except President Jonathan.

Jonathanians are noted for their uncouth behaviour. They are intemperate in their use of the language. They are vulgar. The Jonathanians are incredibly petty. The Jonathanians are intolerant. They readily whip up religious and sectional and ethnic sentiments to justify the bumbling incompetence of President Jonathan.

They insult, abuse, defame and threaten anybody that dares to criticise President Jonathan. To the Jonathanians, we should all shut up despite the fact that the country is falling apart, the economy is floundering, there is no electricity, crumbling infrastructure, mindless corruption and stealing of public funds, there is massive and chaotic unemployment, grinding poverty and the insurgency is daily breaching the territorial integrity of the country.

According to the gospel of the hard nosed Jonathanians, we should not blame Jonathan for the sad state of the country but his detractors, APC, opposition, Northerners, and Muslims etc. Listen to former Minister of the Niger Delta, Elder Godsdays Orubebe, trying to pass the blame for the failure of the Federal Government under President Jonathan to complete the vital East-West Highway for the past five years. Orubebe said that the blame should be squarely placed on the head of former President Olusegun Obasanjo whom he said never conceived the road project to be completed!

The Jonathanians are uncompromising, unrelenting, insistent, audacious, persistent and unreasonable in their defence and support of President Jonathan. In the imperviousness of the Jonathanians they are wont to defend every indefensible policy to the point of absurdity. They unreasonably even defend the numerous flip flops of the Jonathan presidency. They do not believe in the power of reasoning, dialogue, persuasion or seeing things from the perspective of others who are equally entitled to have opposing view or opinion.

The other day, Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to President Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, was cursing everybody when his principal was taken on by critics, after the fall of the Mubi, the second largest town in Adamawa State to the ragtag Boko Haram. Dr. Okupe told a startled nation that the Military cannot perform because no procurement of military hard wares was undertaken for the army for the past 20 years. He forgot how much money the Federal Government under Jonathan has budgeted for defence since 2011. He forgot that we were told that for about two years the Federal Government has embarked on massive procurement of military hard wares and that insurgency would soon be wiped out. He forgot that the PDP has been in government for the past 15 years. The question is: why have successive PDP-controlled federal government procured arms for the military for the past 15 years?

The Jonathanians are amazingly and scandalously myopic and narrow-minded. They are always attacking and abusing the North forgetting that President Jonathan needs the votes of the North to win his second term bid. The Jonathanians are always antagonising Muslims forgetting that President Jonathan needs the votes of Muslims in the country to win. They readily forget, in their emotional frenzy, that to win a presidential election in the country, a candidate must win in at least 24 States out of the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/my-problem-with-the-jonathanians/

7 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by funken: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
So the Jonathanians forget that it is harmful to the political interest of President Jonathan when they try to cast President Jonathan in the mould of a South/South President or Christian President or a Sectional president. The Constitution does not intend the President to be a Village Head or Tribal Head or Clan Head or Sectional Head. The writers of the Constitution intended a President to be a National Leader. The Constitution contemplates a President that regards and treats the entire Country as his own Constituency.

The Constitution envisages a President that will unify the country. This is indeed why the framers of the 1979 Constitution (the precursors of the 1999 Constitution), went for the presidential system of government as opposed to a parliamentary system of government.

Let me tell the Jonathanians that Nigerians are fed up with their excuses or puerile rationalizations. Nigerians want practical solutions to the myriad of problems confronting the country. Nigerians are in desperate need of a leadership that will energise, galvanise, inspire and motivate them. Nigerians want a leader that will lift them from despair to hope. Every country in history that had fallen into the path that Nigeria has fallen into always desired a leadership that would lift the spirit of its people.

Nigerians need a President Franklin Delano Roosevelt that rescued the United States of America from the clutches of great depression and brought economic prosperity and ably led the allied forces under American leadership to victory in the Second World War. Nigeria needs General Kamal Mustapha Ataturk that changed Turkey from the Sick Man of Europe to one of the most prosperous countries in Europe. Nigerians need a Winston Churchill that saved Great Britain from the jaw of destruction by a rampaging Germany during the Second World War. Nigeria needs a Lee Kuan Yew who transformed Singapore from an economic backwater to one of the most advanced and industrialised countries in the world within a span of 50 years!

Nigerians are tired and bored of the excuses of the Jonathanians!

7 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by ogbenicodes(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
Spot On!

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Horus(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Brilliant analysis

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Franzeez(m): 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
@ op, u and ur father can go and die! GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by zomby(m): 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
@OP: There is nothing left to say; you're on point.
Hopefully, the Jonathanians will wake up, help their master and his wife pack their mess and head back to the village. Nigeria and Nigerians deserve a real leader.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Horus:
Brilliant analysis
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
You won't see Mogidi in these type of thread.. undecidedYou won't see Mogidi in these type of thread..
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Mogidi: 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
You won't see Mogidi in these type of thread.. undecidedYou won't see Mogidi in these type of thread..

What were you expecting me to come and do on a thread like this, to validate your lies abi?
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mogidi:

What were you expecting me to come and do on a thread like this, to validate your lies abi?
sorry...you suckers(PDP) got served today!! By the way, you didn't comment about the traffic jam of Barcanista's thread of today as you did to datolee..can you now see the power behind FP?? Keep on with arse-licking of your paymaster, soon you all gonna have Mouth thrush..
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by crown777(m): 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Franzeez:

SMH
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Franzeez(m): 12:48am On Nov 08, 2014
crown777:

SMH

If u like shake ur dick and after die! I am 100percent GEJ #Gbam! Go and die u too

2 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by hasyak(m): 1:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Franzeez:
typical
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by tinkinjow: 6:39am On Nov 08, 2014
And from your "brilliant analysis" it's a Buhari that actualise your dreams. For all those who care no leader has ever developed an economy fighting corruption.
Malaysia, Indonesia, India...all have developed through corrupt systems. Recently the same has come to light about our seemingly anti corruption China, Dubai's wealth is actually in the hands of few families.
Everybody praises the so called world poorest president but no one tells us what he has actually bring to the table as it relates to his country's economy.
Stop giving your self sleepless nights cos Jonathan is winning the next election and yes he is better than Buhari - haters don't make good leaders.
So long as the other option is a Buhari then forgive me, and please tell him to wait....we'll find him when Quranic recitation competition comes. A leader in this era need some intelligence
Thank you for paying attention.

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On Nov 08, 2014
funken:

.... They readily whip up religious and sectional and ethnic sentiments to justify the bumbling incompetence of President Jonathan.

....To the Jonathanians, we should all shut up despite the fact that the country is falling apart, the economy is floundering, there is no electricity, crumbling infrastructure, mindless corruption and stealing of public funds, there is massive and chaotic unemployment, grinding poverty and the insurgency is daily breaching the territorial integrity of the country.

According to the gospel of the hard nosed Jonathanians, we should not blame Jonathan for the sad state of the country but his detractors, APC, opposition, Northerners, and Muslims etc. Listen to former Minister of the Niger Delta, Elder Godsdays Orubebe, trying to pass the blame for the failure of the Federal Government under President Jonathan to complete the vital East-West Highway for the past five years. Orubebe said that the blame should be squarely placed on the head of former President Olusegun Obasanjo whom he said never conceived the road project to be completed!

The Jonathanians are amazingly and scandalously myopic and narrow-minded. They are always attacking and abusing the North forgetting that President Jonathan needs the votes of the North to win his second term bid. The Jonathanians are always antagonising Muslims forgetting that President Jonathan needs the votes of Muslims in the country to win. They readily forget, in their emotional frenzy, that to win a presidential election in the country, a candidate must win in at least 24 States out of the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory

The ones here are the most annoying of all their antics.

This write-up should have been "The Gospel According to The Jonathanians"
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by PassingShot(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2014
tinkinjow:
And from your "brilliant analysis" it's a Buhari that actualise your dreams. For all those who care no leader has ever developed an economy fighting corruption.
Malaysia, Indonesia, India...all have developed through corrupt systems. Recently the same has come to light about our seemingly anti corruption China, Dubai's wealth is actually in the hands of few families.
Everybody praises the so called world poorest president but no one tells us what he has actually bring to the table as it relates to his country's economy.
Stop giving your self sleepless nights cos Jonathan is winning the next election and yes he is better than Buhari - haters don't make good leaders.
So long as the other option is a Buhari then forgive me, and please tell him to wait....we'll find him when Quranic recitation competition comes. A leader in this era need some intelligence
Thank you for paying attention.

Not far from what the OP says about you Jonathanians.
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by tinkinjow: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2014
PassingShot:

Not far from what the OP says about you Jonathanians.
Hate yourself I don't care. Jonathan remains till 2019. If you like cry blood.
Bring on Adesina, Soludo, and their likes and you'll hear a different tune from me.
A Buhari is a no no no no no no no no.
They accuse Jonathnians of being myopic but they'll never let go of Buhari, quite interesting isn't it?
At least we've compromised - let Buhari take the caliphate away and we'll decide on Jonathan tongue

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by ahaika23: 7:54am On Nov 08, 2014
Op, how body? Your write-up too long and from comments e b like say you de against jona. You be boko boy or APShit? Cause if you no see anything among all GEJ de do for this nation den you have a very grave problem with yourself and if you have such a gigantic problem, them your piece of write-up is a bunch of trash. Go hospital for checkup, if you recover, write again and perhaps I may read.
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by dmozart: 11:02am On Nov 08, 2014
Franzeez:
When will you ever behave like a reasonable person? Its now that I believe ,you can't give what you don't have. TANjaweed !!
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by ahaika23: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2014
dmozart:
When will you ever behave like a reasonable person? Its now that I believe ,you can't give what you don't have. TANjaweed !!
e no sweet na. It's janjaweeeeeeeeeed or nothing
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
The time has come for us again to build our future with our own hands, a time for a Positive Change!
We need a switch of events in Nigeria. Americans just did it, there votes gave the Republicans the needed number to take hold of the Congress. These are the same people who chose Barack Obama (Democrat) few months ago over his fellow aspirant in the Republican. The idea is, governance is a delicate, fragile entity you can't afford to complicate it. You run out of ideas, let another give a try, its no family inheritance. And of course you are not a reservoir of knowledge so don't play God. Excuses, complains etc are negative indicators of a faulty government, for how long can we survive that?
My point is, we can't afford to be hypocritical about the future of our nation, we need a Positive change in d educational sector, a Positive change in d power sector, a Positive change in d security sector etc!
Presently our government is sick, our Economy is down, Foreign debts increases everyday, lives are lost to either robbery, boko haram or kidnappers, on a 'per second billing'. Millions of Nigerians can't boast of minimum wage in their pursues, graduates find it difficult to secure job opportunity, even our papa n mama still hustle to get there pension pay, this can't continue again!

LET OUR VOTES SPEAK FOR US, abeg.

Arise the old men, Arise the Old women! Arise the youths!

Let's fight to save and protect our future! Not only for our children but for us too, to enjoy our lives like developed countries do.

We can do it, we can achieve it!
Remember.......Operation 'Occupy Nigeria', we did it, we will do it again.

Let's Vote out PDP! VOTE OUT uncle jona! VOTE OUT CABALS!
VOTE PATIENCE JONATHAN, sorri vote OUT madam patience!
VOTE OUT minister of Finance, Minister of petroleum enough is enough! We need to breath a new atmosphere, a new weather a new air!

LET'S GIVE THE DEVIL WE HAVE SEEN PERFORMING WONDERS FOR THE COMMON MAN A CHANCE
And if they fail, we will vote them out too. 'The ultimate sovereign power remain and abide with the people's voting power'

APC!!! CHANGE!!!

https://m.facebook.com/Aminutambuwal2015
Re: My Problem With The Jonathanians by unlimitedbosco: 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
op i guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder let me set the record straight there are poor people everywhere so if u use that as a yardstick to jugde the economy u are lying in all the indicies given to judge development gej has done better so dont tell me that d economy is failing. Secondly when people say gej supporters use ethnicity nd religion wel that again my friend is generalization which is wrong. I support gej because of his performance. Thirdly gej has never said let muslims vote muslims nd xians vote xians and let cee who wins but one boss i knw ever said that i guess u knw him too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video Evidence Of GEJ'S 1 Term Deal. / Sweetjoy:buhari claim he attend US war college,he should obey international law / Obanikoro Can't Be Minister, Has Dual Citizenship - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.