Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (103928 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by FLAWLES(f): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2014
Ilaje44:
And what does the Bible teaches you about HATE? As a matter of fact, the BBC doesn't hate you, it's only exposing the dumb nature of a lot of ye religious slaves.
.and if i may ask,wer i for tell u say i b christain?OTOCHI. :* u mum sha
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by nora544: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2014
Nigerians who was before slaves of the white man, now are the slaves of this pentecost/charismatic so called great man of god, but his pastors are Man made Gods and not more.

I know it will take a long way to come out from the slavery of this God of Man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by hahn(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2014
enimcnite:
...what church or mosque do u worship? & how do u knw if ur pastor or imam is a true man of God hmm?...Simple answer is; any man who devotes his entire life to preachin His word, either in a church, on the streets or in the wilderness like John the Baptist is assumed to be a man of God, whether he extorts money from his church members or not, its not for you to judge, be patient bro, we are in the last days, let God be the final judge and you just play your part in obeying His word so you and I can make heaven...God bless ya wink

I don't attend either church or mosque and I don't believe in heaven or hell. As far as I'm concerned, religion is a game similar to politics.

@majekdom, I'm sure you're not a christion because of how quick you are to hurl insults and therefore you are not worthy to hold a conversation with.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by kccarew(f): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2014
This is so sad, and even so, what has nigerian witch got to do with uk...lol, its well, we will keep praying for our nation, e go beta
ofiafuluego:
The news dedicated to winners chapel int'l and its plans to establish school in the UK, the BBC introduced under the headline "Nigerian witchcraft Church in bid to open Kent school"

What exactly have Nigeria done wrong to deserve this accolade of embarrassments from the int'l media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-29937091
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by mjay5: 10:40am On Nov 09, 2014
It seems to me that the a great measure of negative/destructive critics in Nigeria are here on nairaland. Any post...their fingers are quick to type abusive and insulting statements. Funny enough, that school would be opened and nothing UK government can do abt it. Don't you know that this vision is God's vision. Anything God is fully part of will transcend human reasoning/logic and awes the natural mind. When God bless a man, you are picking calculator to calculate. He will be busy enjoying more blessing and you will be here raining curses and insult. Your insult on nairaland don't count. I will advise you to get educative materials published by him, rather than envying him and cursing him. Practicing the instructions would change your life for good. Many have seen results and seemingly insurmountable circumstances turning around for good. And these people are happy to give back to God. True and unrepentable givers in churches or places around the world don't complain abt giving. Do your research abt that. Moreover who told you Oyedepo amass offerings for himself(see ignorance). Do you think the church leadership is made of touts? No! Educated, highly profile individual and men with the fear of God. Oyedepo has stop collecting salary from church coffer since late 1990s. How does he get his money? That's why he is serving a living God, He takes care of His needs and wants. There are people who have seen big time results, without compulsion or been coerce to give, giving cheerfully to the man of God...and trust me they are always blessed in return. But nairaland see such people as fools. If you called a man who is getting blessed by practicing kingdom principle for finances a fool because he gives to a true man of God. hmmm. You won't see such faithful givers raining curses on nairaland. Never! There are people in His church that are richer than him...but you won't know on nairaland because they are not public figures. If you are not student of the word of faith according to the epistles in the new testament...I do not expect you to understand this. The cheapest thing to do in life is to criticize results. Few people make things happen, cos getting results is expensive and costly. So many criticize cos it is a cheap thing to do. Go out there a get tangible result instead of always taking your time to see the next victim of your abuse on nairaland. People with Pull Him Down(PHD) syndrome will not finish on nairaland, but don't be part of the band wagon. When you see a man making waves in his own field, why not go on your kneel and tell God that same grace is release upon you to succeed greatly in your own field, so u will become the envy of the world. Don't call him a thief or conman because he is not. A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by drnoel: 10:43am On Nov 09, 2014
bigass:
Oyedepo deserves this ill treatment. When he slapped the girl his followers defended him as if he was above the law. Now let his followers go and attack the UK govt na. In same environment Oyedepo would pay heavily for that silly act. Come to think of it do you think Oyedepo can slap a so called witch in America or UK? He dare not. His sorry ass would be cooling off in Jail.

He even had the guts to have it on camera, the worse of places on YouTube. That is no need to look far for evidence against him, it's all on YouTube. I mean I dislike the British and their racistic bureaucracy. But they are right here on all counts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Babs2040: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2014
BBC SHD BETTER WATCH IT.

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by cap28: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Oyedepo is a criminal and must be treated as one, says US based Nigerian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxGgj8lyoQ
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ugoezeik(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2014
[sub][/sub]
okotv:
what can I say than just to read sensible comments.
nd wch of d comments do u tink wil mk sense in all dis as e don involved religion
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by IdiAmin2(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2014
PapiWata:
Pastor Oledepo and Pastor Jaguda are birds of the same feather, whose stock-in-trade is brain-washing and mass deception for the purpose of monetary gain, with a lucrative sideline assisting embezzling government officials to "holy spirit" their looted cash to the Middle East.

If Pastor Oledepo went out of his way to invite ridicule and condemnation by delivering a series of HOLY SLAPS to "cure" a teenage girl of purported "witch-craft", then without question, Pastor Oledepo is a devout and rabid BELIEVER in the existence of witchcraft, and as such he is NOT welcome in the UK with his hocus pocus brand of personality cult worship.

In other words, the British government has suggested in so many words that Pastor Oledepo can stay the hell in Nigeria, and continue his money laundering activities there, since he is BANNED from landing his luxury jet in the UK, and BANNED from arriving in the UK to perpetuate his brand of fraud.

FFFFFFuck off Pastor Oledepo, and fffuck YOU, is the message for you from Number 10 Downing Street to you, and to ALL thieving Ebola pastors from Nigeria.

Oh boy. why you go call 'assisting embezzling government officials to "holy spirit" their looted cash to the Middle East' as a lucrative sideline?
My guy, that is the main koko where their private jet cash comes from. All these 1000 naira, 5000 naira sunday offering. na just small coins.
because these pastors have 'non-profit' charity status with overseas bank accounts, very easy for corrupt government officials to launder millions of dollars via the ministries overseas accounts, and they collect a cut back.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2014
spankyflex:
what happened to praying for her salvation if actually she is a witch
the said girl , said she is a witch for jesus .... thats like saying you do evil to please jesus . am hoping you are a christain , if not dont quote me pls
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Poznan:

If you go with the concept of 'witches', you then think an evil spirit dwells in d girl. So when your pastor slaps her, he is merely harming the body, not the evil spirit, by your thinking. Second, the aim of her coming to the church was to receive cure, not like the moneychangers in Jesus' days that were in their trade. So i ask you, how many demons did Jesus cure with a slap, blow, push, or sometimes tae-kwondo?
did he slap her because she said she was a witch ? have you seen the video . the girl repeated she was a witch for jesus two times ... pls , no man is perfect .
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2014
popcykaylah:

oga abeg park well..how many Nigerians have you helped in recent times? an average Nigerian man is greedy and self-centered ...as if them give you visa ..you two weeks visa..you no go sit down there turn am to two years.. hypocrites hian..
Ok sir.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2014
FLAWLES:
what u pple ought to knw is that this SO-called BBC waheva is nt bent on only accusing oyedepo bt NiGerian as a whole,,,they 8t us but we 8t them more
oh , only if majority on this thread have got access and watch bbc often . I watched recently on how this peeps talked about boko haram . they did not link it solely to the government but to all Nigerians.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by egoldman(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Though i don't like the way BBC presented the news , I still blame Oyedepo for this , if he had swallowed his pride and apologised to the girl , this would not be happening , rather he allowed himself to be taken to court as if he doesn't understand the damage this would do to his image.
Considering his social status i can he doesn't have good advisers or he doesn't listen to them .
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2014
adebasket97:
I no wan talk here before but when someone was calculating 50 x 130k #funny

Citing my Local govt as an example.....Akure South

The LGA has almost 50 WCI Church.

Each of this Church has at least 200members (Based on 9ja condition, make we talk am say 100 members dy pay)

100 x 50....That's 5000 members.

Ondo State is Made up of 18 LGAs

18 x 5000 = 90,000 members paying #50 per sunday as tithe

90k x 50 = 4.5million per sunday.

4.5million x 36 states = 162million per Sunday

Note:

This is Just an Estimation (Sorry I didn't use "British English", e no go Sweet me)

Am not Judging any Pastor, or any MOG or any GO......Peace out.

>Not All LGAs have 50 branches....but the summation of All the branches of WCI in 9ja can as well give something close to 50 per LGA

Last Comment : Me I be parole boy o...Don't judge anyone, if you sef think say e easy to gather ppl and collect cash from them, then try it out and let's see how far you will go. Am not supporting or against these GOs but 9ja get as e be....let us all pray to be successful in all our endeavours...

#Peace out. Abeg if you say I no hear English, go do ielts or toefl and Post your Score here o........lol
great but dont be too fast to conclude . the church has a great share out of the offerings received for welfare of the less priviledged. once you are a committed member of the church and seen *4 less priviledged they help you . perhaps start something up for you . I know people whose life has being transformed . I like the point you made ... no activty is eevr easy when it involves dealing wth people. if majority on here had their personal businesses they will agree to that . what baffles me is that people talk like 80 percent of the members of that church are poor .... come on ,they are prosperous peeps that majority on here will have to shut their mouth up when they talk.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2014
nora544:
Nigerians who was before slaves of the white man, now are the slaves of this pentecost/charismatic so called great man of god, but his pastors are Man made Gods and not more.

I know it will take a long way to come out from the slavery of this God of Man.
you are a slave to whatever you are obedient too ... read romans 6 : 14 tll the end.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by deflicit: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
bigass:

watch which tongue. He is not Jesus. Even Jesus was abused. Oyedepo is a conman deceiving Nigerians since 1980
Conman Deceiving Nigerians (CDN)since 1980
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
deflicit:
Conman Deceiving Nigerians (CDN)since 1980
can you give me the genuine reason why you and some other dudes have been qouting this moniker
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Akposb(m): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
The headline was just a link to previous mistake. Also its very important we stop crying foul when we are insulted because we got so many reasons to
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Akposb(m): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
The headline was just a link to previous mistake. Also its very important we stop crying foul when we are insulted because we got so many reasons to smile
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by otiigba1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Build a school in Kent? For money laundering I suspect, kids in Nigeria are learning under trees, why not build in Nigeria were is needed? There are enough schools here in the UK
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Revolva(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
grin grin grin well its very bad for BBC to say some thing like that..but...as na Oyedepo matter..i like it...thats good for him....i dont like that m,an for one day?
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Ethereal0110(f): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
WHAT YOU PEOPLE DONT KNOW IS THAT THE PRACTICE OF WITCHCRAFT IS LEGAL IN THE UK, they even place adds on their local t.v station asking interested people to join covens
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ikeugbo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kcinho:

Just asking..... Should the 130k ppl be following him or Jesus?
please dont misinterprete my statement, they go to canaanland every sunday thats what i meant. He has been their shepherd for over 30yrs thats my point people should stop calling them fools. His schedule many people cannot undertake sleep by 2am and back at the office by 8am. Its only poor people that cry at other peoples wealth
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by otiigba1(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ethereal0110:
WHAT YOU PEOPLE DONT KNOW IS THAT THE PRACTICE OF WITCHCRAFT IS LEGAL IN THE UK, they even place adds on their local t.v station asking interested people to join covens
yes you are right but not the kind of witchcrafts practiced in nigeria, for example, to kill people
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
otiigba1:
yes you are right but not the kind of witchcrafts practiced in nigeria, for example, to kill people
OH , SO YOU BELIEVE WITCHCRAFT IS PRACTICED IN NIGERIA . GOOD.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by otiigba1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
ikeugbo:
please dont misinterprete my statement, they go to canaanland every sunday thats what i meant. He has been their shepherd for over 30yrs thats my point people should stop calling them fools. His schedule many people cannot undertake sleep by 2am and back at the office by 8am. Its only poor people that cry at other peoples wealth
OK they are not fools, they just gullible, you feel better now? tongue and whats with the only poor people cry over other peoples wealth? Depends on your interpretation of wealth!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by otiigba1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
majekdom2:
OH , SO YOU BELIEVE WITCHCRAFT IS PRACTICED IN NIGERIA . GOOD.
not literally, cheesy we are made to believe perhaps by the so called MOGs
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Weah96: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
majekdom2:
the said girl , said she is a witch for jesus .... thats like saying you do evil to please jesus . am hoping you are a christain , if not dont quote me pls

Pinhead.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Weah96: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
ikeugbo:

I always hear this word 'shepherd' being thrown around, as if it's a good thing. Do you understand the relationship between a shepherd and a flock? Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Weah96:

Pinhead.
THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.