Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (103941 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by onyekap: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
ou mension Sacrifices right? I surely don't want to know really or go there but are you talking about ******* sacrifices or effort sacrifice? Because sacrifice pass sacrifice ohhhh .
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)
Sacrifices can be anything, here try to study how Christ lived as a christain, beging to observe His teachings... Die on the cross, fast for 40 days and 40 nights, ask your for what purpose are you truelly doing this...... If you have so done it for God's sake.... See the kind of wanders you can do in your village alone, let alone the world... That kind of Sacrifice!!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by spankyflex(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
majekdom2:
the said girl , said she is a witch for jesus .... thats like saying you do evil to please jesus . am hoping you are a christain , if not dont quote me pls
no am a moslem;I wonder y you defend blindly;he has no right whatsoever to slap that girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
spankyflex:
no am a moslem;I wonder y you defend blindly;he has no right whatsoever to slap that girl
OK , GOOD . WOULDNT DEBATE AS YOU ARE OF A DIFFERENT RELIGION . I HAVE SEEN CASES WHERE IMAMS FLOG STUDENTS WHO CAME TO LEARN ARABIC OR WHATEVER YOU GUYS CALL IT . I HAVE SEEN AN IMAM HIT HIS FELLOW MOSLEMS WHILE RECITING SOME HYMNS . AM NOT IN ANYWAY TRYING TO RELATE CHRISTAINITY WITH ISLAM . MY POINT IS DIFFERENT RELIGION WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS . YOU SAY IT IS WRONG BECAUSE YOUR VIEW OF THE RELIGION IS DIFFERENT. EACH HAS GOT A RIGHT TO HIS BELIEF.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ikeugbo(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Weah96:

I always hear this word 'shepherd' being thrown around, as if it's a good thing. Do you understand the relationship between a shepherd and a flock? Hahaha.
its not a good thing but we would prefer to call other business men mentors and role models forgeting that its another term like shepherd because the shepherd leads the sheep and mentors direct our business affairs, role models lead us indirectly with their life styles. Its only in the church that people claim to be wise either due to books they have read or the stories they hear on the internet. Knowledge aint wisdom its how you apply knowledge that is wisdom

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by datkoded(m): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardywaltz:

Abeg make I hear word isn't he a greedy fellow? go and threaten the Brits that have given him a persona non garanta status in UK.
garanta ko garantus ni
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Habidab: 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Stephen Evans, from the NSS, said the Metropolitan Police had investigated 27 cases of child abuse related to witchcraft this year.

Maybe they dont know US is different from Nigeria,you hear wetin Stephan Evans Talk,even if you have money,you might still endup in jail...with investigation by facing the wrath of the LAW
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by rhymz(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Weah96:

I always hear this word 'shepherd' being thrown around, as if it's a good thing. Do you understand the relationship between a shepherd and a flock? Hahaha.
zombie relationship of course..... But the magas don't even realize it. Bunch of lame brains.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by ttmacoy: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
What a dumb statement. So everyone has the right to enter a country and do whatever they want? Sorry the uk is not Nigeria where anything goes. where your ass is licked and you are above the law because you are a pastor

Orunto:
Since
it has come to this name calling, there is no smoke without fire. Oyedepo should take this case of "Slander or Libel" to the Hague to challenge UK's effontery to call his Organization bad name and restrict his freedom of movement internationally.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by demicupid(f): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
enimcnite:
i will not use my mouth to criticize or judge a man of God....i just dey observe! undecided
dahz rily true....even tho e myt av derailed drm Godz principlez......itz nt 4 us 2 judge im......ez definetely stil a man of God cuz d anointing of God iz witaot repentance....

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by bankyblue(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
slimfit1:

The British would be wondering why on earth a church like this is trying to build a school in the UK when we all know there are a lot of schools needed in Nigeria.

The church is supposed to establish schools for the people that can't afford one not to extract money from members.

By the way the way these people are spending its like they are investing on earth and its not small investment. It looks like God is not coming anytime soon.

Best comment so far #fact

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by swagwu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
majekdom2:
that na cause you fear her power , but if you feel say your power pass her own , you go woz am slap now .no be every pastor fit slap witch now.
guy...e get d one wey u go slap ur jaw go turn back swel up oooo grin
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Mars88(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
By the way the way these people are spending its like they are investing on earth and its not small investment. It looks like God is not coming anytime soon.

[/quote]

You have spoken/ written well
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Orunto: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thank God that you are just CICI and not ISIS.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Eziachi: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

How do you know he is a man of God?
Because he called himself so. grin
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Orunto: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
It's only UK and not GK! Winners' God's people will always Praise God in the Firmament of His Power. PRAISE THE LORD! Oga dumb GK is God' Kingdom.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by hahn(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
Eziachi:
Because he called himself so. grin

I am a man of God. You should start paying your offerings to me
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
in Nigeria, we worship our spiritual leaders.... and not God... I care less of these currupt act by the So called pastors, evangelist, bishops, Reverend or So... all.what.I know is, let's Nigerians wake up and stop falling victims of their illicit acts... I'm a free minded human who commune with my God directly, I am Born again and I know what I'm saying thou..... #god commeth soonest, repent!!!! before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by lozairio(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
enimcnite:
i will not use my mouth to criticize or judge a man of God....i just dey observe! undecided
Me too I fear ooh make God no send to fire me I go just observe as you dey do

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Niseamaka(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
enimcnite:

Who/what makes a man "a man of God"?

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by annawhite(f): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardywaltz:

Abeg make I hear word isn't he a greedy fellow? go and threaten the Brits that have given him a persona non garanta status in UK.
it is he grin grin grin grin grin

Witches need some spanking joo# you are lucky slaps don't work on WiFi else I'll slapped that demon outta you
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by zboyd: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Claim that UK allows people to marry animals

"Human–animal marriage is not recognized in law by any country, although attempts by humans to marry animals have been recorded."

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2%80%93animal_marriage

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by zboyd: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
The UK is not just coming down on Bishop Oyedepo for his plans to open what they consider a questionable church. There's more to the story.

NEWS STORY

Bishop Oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption

by SaharaReporters, New York, Oct 16, 2014

The UK Home Office has banned flamboyant Nigerian pastor, Bishop David Oyedepo, from entering Britain, a British government source told SaharaReporters. Mr. Oyedepo is known as the general overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, otherwise known as Winners Chapel.

The UK Home Office has banned flamboyant Nigerian pastor, Bishop David Oyedepo, from entering Britain, a British government source told SaharaReporters. Mr. Oyedepo is known as the general overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, otherwise known as Winners Chapel. Headquartered in Ota, Ogun State, the church has branches in numerous parts of the world, including the UK and US.

According to the source, the ban arose from preliminary investigations by Britain’s Charity Commission that determined that monies donated to Bishop Oyedepo’s church for charitable purposes were funneled to Nigeria to fund the preacher’s flamboyant lifestyle.

Bishop Oyedepo owns a plush private jet and has a fleet of expensive cars, among many other astonishing personal assets.

Bishop Oyedepo was barred from entering the United Kingdom in July. However, when SaharaReporters contacted Nicola Kelly, a press officer at the immigration desk at the UK Home Office, she declined to comment on the case.

The same day, our reporter spoke to one Emmanuel Igban, a media aide to Bishop Oyedepo, but he denied that the high-flying preacher had been banned.

But our British source asserted that Bishop Oyedepo and one of his sons had been aware of the probe of church finances for at least three years now. He added that the probe was triggered after the British Charity Commission found out that the wealthy pastor had taken out more than £16 million from the UK since 2009. He added that the commission closely monitors any repatriation of church resources, disclosing that any repatriation of funds of that size was most likely illegal.

According to the source, Bishop Oyedepo claimed that he was running a not-for-profit religious organization, “but the commission determined that he was diverting funds to engage in a series of profitable ventures.”

Bishop Oyedepo, who recently turned 60, is believed to be Nigeria’s richest pastor and is widely regarded as one of the richest televangelists in the world.

The UK government has distributed notices warning airlines that operate flights to the UK not carry the bishop.

Mr. Oyedepo’s private jet is also barred from entering the UK airspace with him on board.

A few years ago, Bishop Oyedepo provoked international outrage when videotapes of one of his church events showed him slapping a teenage girl he accused of being a witch. In the face of mounting criticism, including calls for his arrest for assaulting a minor, Mr. Oyedepo boasted that he would slap the “witch” again.

REWIND:

Nigerian Pastor Oyedepo Assaults Teenager in Church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jvKRjETbIRg

Bishop Oyedepo brags about slapping a girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HMUWnmW5jPY
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by iamord(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
zboyd:
Re: Claim that UK allows people to marry animals

"Human–animal marriage is not recognized in law by any country, although attempts by humans to marry animals have been recorded."

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2%80%93animal_marriage

How will this news stop them from not letting oyedepo in.??.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by GiftyGlee(f): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

So you honestly believe the girl is a witch because she said she is.

Assuming the girl said she is Kim Kardashian will you believe her?

considering the situation and time at which she said she was a witch, it is believable!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by zboyd: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
iamord:

How will this news stop them from not letting oyedepo in.??.

This was a FYI post.

It was in response to a poster mentioning that the UK allowed human-animal marriage but was now barring Pastor Oyedepo from entering the country. I think his/her response was on Page 2 of this thread. I'm assuming the poster thought that the UK legally actually allowed such a marriage, which they don't.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Ethereal0110(f): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Yeah right.... They cast spells to bewitch and control people, they can make people do what they want.
otiigba1:
yes you are right but not the kind of witchcrafts practiced in nigeria, for example, to kill people
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by iamord(m): 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
zboyd:

This was a FYI post.

It was in response to a poster mentioning that the UK allowed human-animal marriage but was now barring Pastor Oyedepo from entering the country. I think his/her response was on Page 2 of this thread. I'm assuming the poster thought that the UK legally actually allowed such a marriage, which they don't.

Okay I get u..sorry for the misunderstanding
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by zboyd: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
iamord:

Okay I get u..sorry for the misunderstanding

No problem.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by sledge2012(m): 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
At times people talk not because they have anything meaningful to talk but because they see others talking so it becomes a norm to talk.
Am not defending anybody but i just want to put something straight to ignorant people. There is no man on earth that does'nt have critics all around him no man. Even Jesus who came to redeem us was a perfect example yet there were critics all around so am not suprised here. The Richest man on Earth today in no way can i say i have gotten a dime of his dollars of which am from a third world nation, that is to say i am a potential beneficiary of his wealth apart from the fact that most of his wealth are coming from this third world Nation. So WHY have'nt i gotten at least one dollar from him?.
Before Oyedepo became a pastor he was an architecturer, he was called into the ministry & he was pastoring 7 people, they grew from 7 and multiplied in Number.
When his salary was #170 he was still a pastor, he married & remained a pastor and he had just one beathle tortoise car that he used in transporting members by the close of service from places to places, none of you knew him then.
When God told him to give that one car to him as a sacrifice none of u knew him then. When God told him even if you don't want to be rich it was too late for that, & made a covenant with him that he would bless him after then none of you knew him then. When higher killers were paid to go & kill him when he was pastoring in kaduna then none of you knew him. When he was Mentoring great Ministers of God like Tl osborn, Kenneth Hagin,Kenneth copeland,smith wigglesworth etc just to learn what they knew and how to apply that into his øwñ life none of you knew him. When his wife prepared one delicious meal & he asked how much it was cost and he said that should be the last time that meal will be prepared in the house that they dont have capacity to eat dat kind of meal none of u knew him then. WHEN he stopped receiving payment from the church at the end of the month (salary) just like every other pastor receives none of you knew him then.
The only thing you know about him is he is the richest, his ministry has private jets, they have money to buy anything feel like, they collect (steal) from the poor, they build schools that their members cannot afford,they live in mansion while their members cannot afford a house etc...... No man ever thinks of harvesting when he has not sown during the planting season. Without an input there can never be an output. Stop the HATE and grow up if u wanna be rich do what it takes to be rich. FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE BRITISH SAYS OR THINKS ABOUT YOU. They are not God.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by troy20(m): 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
sledge2012:
At times people talk not because they have anything meaningful to talk but because they see others talking so it becomes a norm to talk.
Am not defending anybody but i just want to put something straight to ignorant people. There is no man on earth that does'nt have critics all around him no man. Even Jesus who came to redeem us was a perfect example yet there were critics all around so am not suprised here. The Richest man on Earth today in no way can i say i have gotten a dime of his dollars of which am from a third world nation, that is to say i am a potential beneficiary of his wealth apart from the fact that most of his wealth are coming from this third world Nation. So WHY have'nt i gotten at least one dollar from him?.
Before Oyedepo became a pastor he was an architecturer, he was called into the ministry & he was pastoring 7 people, they grew from 7 and multiplied in Number.
When his salary was #170 he was still a pastor, he married & remained a pastor and he had just one beathle tortoise car that he used in transporting members by the close of service from places to places, none of you knew him then.
When God told him to give that one car to him as a sacrifice none of u knew him then. When God told him even if you don't want to be rich it was too late for that, & made a covenant with him that he would bless him after then none of you knew him then. When higher killers were paid to go & kill him when he was pastoring in kaduna then none of you knew him. When he was Mentoring great Ministers of God like Tl osborn, Kenneth Hagin,Kenneth copeland,smith wigglesworth etc just to learn what they knew and how to apply that into his øwñ life none of you knew him. When his wife prepared one delicious meal & he asked how much it was cost and he said that should be the last time that meal will be prepared in the house that they dont have capacity to eat dat kind of meal none of u knew him then. WHEN he stopped receiving payment from the church at the end of the month (salary) just like every other pastor receives none of you knew him then.
The only thing you know about him is he is the richest, his ministry has private jets, they have money to buy anything feel like, they collect (steal) from the poor, they build schools that their members cannot afford,they live in mansion while their members cannot afford a house etc...... No man ever thinks of harvesting when he has not sown during the planting season. Without an input there can never be an output. Stop the HATE and grow up if u wanna be rich do what it takes to be rich. FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE BRITISH SAYS OR THINKS ABOUT YOU. They are not God.
whats your perspective of God really.why are you too scared tö ask those questions tucked away somewhere in your mind.you let a man who is no more mortal than you are create one for you."God told him" how do you verify that tale you made up there.atleast from your diction i would assume you very well have an o'level even if it belies your reasoning.well its the rot in our education and the pressure of society i blame really

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by zboyd: 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Some Pastors/Bishops/Prophet/Etc. disparage themselves by their activities and the words that fall from their mouths. They need no assistance from any person or country.

Examples:

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Of Christ Embassy, U.K. Branch

On August 11, the U.K. charity commission also removed Anita Oyakhilome and appointed an interim manager to take over the management of the church. In what it described as a “temporary and protective measure,” the commission appointed Rod Weston of the international audit and accounting firm, Mazars, to take over the running of the church. The Commission says it is investigating the church over “a number of serious concerns relating to the use of charitable funds, in particular large connected party payments and the potential misapplication of grant funding.”

Read more: http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/381701-pastor-chris-oyakhilome-removed-as-trustee-of-christ-embassy-u-k-branch.html

The very flamboyant Pastor, Allan Kiuna of JCC is one of the richest pastors in Kenya. He's really got style and grace but pastors have come under heavy criticism for soliciting money from members and Allan has not been left behind in such sagas. Last weekend he was busted live on TV misleading his church members that if they transfer half of their money to his account,then the money will double in a few days. This has been the trend from Kenyan pastors who been accused of stealing from their flock. (Source: onlinenigeria.com)

Ifeanyichukwu Eric Abakporo, a Pastor of the Deeper Life Bible Church, has been sentenced to six years imprisonment by a federal court in New York. The former Brooklyn-based civil attorney will be spending time in a United States prison in a case of defrauding banks, mortgage lenders, property owners, and property buyers. Mr. Abakporo was sentenced on Wednesday, May 28 along with his co-defendant, Latanya Pierce, who received a lighter, 30-month sentence. They were both found guilty of the federal charges of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, and bank transfer fraud, involving at least two mortgage property lenders.

Read more: http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/357509-deeper-life-bible-church-pastor-ifeanyichukwu-eric-abakporo-gets-six-years-in-jail-for-fraud.html

Prophet I.T. Adewoye one of the leaders of Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church Worldwide was caught pants down with a female member of his church, Mrs. Lateefat Balogun in her matrimonial home.

Read more: http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/334265-nigerian-prophet-caught-pants-down-with-married-church-member.html

More?

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/keywords/nigerian-pastors/index.1.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.