Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? (1862 Views)

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / Mother Or Father: Who Do You Love Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
IVF is an acronym for InVitro Fertilisation. This is a form of assisted reproduction technique that helps infertile 'couples' to achieve conception. I will spare y'all the medical jargons and go straight to the meat of the matter, here it comes...
Okay, hypothetically, say a middle-aged single woman(42yrs) wants to have her own child, probably because she is tired of waiting for 'Mr Right' (or for any other reason as a matter of fact). She is presented with a barrage of choices by her doctor and she opts for IVF. Now, the problem is how to get the sperm cells to fertilise her eggs...is it right for her to use that of her father or brother or any of her close relatives? I mean, is it legally, ethically, morally, culturally or religiously right for her to use sperm from any these persons?
undecided
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
That is inbreeding angry
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by swagwu(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
no were to be found in the bible so no answer...
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
krall:
That is inbreeding angry

I knw inbreeding does not translate to incest. I also dat incest is wrong in our part of the world, but what I dnt knw is weda inbreeding is wrong? (Given that no form of physical contact was made, just sharing of 'natural resources')
undecided
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by GogetterMD(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
Still translates as incest
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by GogetterMD(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
Still translates as in.cest
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by simplyOJ(m): 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
She should forget that. It still comes down to inbreeding, whether physical contact or not. What would she now call the child.
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by mooremedia: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
Ok wait......
what happened to all the men out there
that she has to use her family's.....
except in as last resort.
I do not support it......btw have we tought
about the effects it will have on the child
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
mooremedia:
......btw have we tought
about the effects it will have on the child

Who said d child has to knw? wink

Anyways, I hear all of ya
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
That is so wrong. That's like incest. The child will end up being an imb.ecile angry
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by Kunbee: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
The child will have genetic problems due to same gene pool
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by damiso(f): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Really strange...even a friend might be awkward.
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by surrogatesng: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
If everyone decided to have his brother donate sperm there will be no sperm bank.It is wrong and unethical as your brother might in the future have an emotional bond with the child and where does that place you?I will advice you look for a sperm donor
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
Abeg o, Ishilove n Kunbee, any of una dey medical or health line at all? Cos ah no undastand dat 1 wey una dey yarn.
Wch 1 b imb.ecile and genetic problem again?
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
surrogatesng:
If everyone decided to have his brother donate sperm there will be no sperm bank.It is wrong and unethical as your brother might in the future have an emotional bond with the child and where does that place you?I will advice you look for a sperm donor
Tank u plenty but 1st of all, this isn't me, it's HYPOTHETICAL, remember?
2nd of all, u knw hw much wey 1 sperm cell dey cost?
n lastly, in case of emotional bonding, he can easily refer 2 d kid as 'my child', at least dat is commonly practiced in our culture...or d kid can call him brother-daddy or daddy squared *lol, just kidding*
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by surrogatesng: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2014
okabe:

Tank u plenty but 1st of all, this isn't me, it's HYPOTHETICAL, remember?
2nd of all, u knw hw much wey 1 sperm cell dey cost?
n lastly, in case of emotional bonding, he can easily refer 2 d kid as 'my child', at least dat is commonly practiced in our culture...or d kid can call him brother-daddy or daddy squared *lol, just kidding*

It is also called inbreeding with can make your offsprings have genetic defects
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by olojaoke1(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2014
swagwu:

Your knowledge of the bible is sadly lacking,did you read the biblical account of Lot and his daughters?.
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 9:48am On Nov 09, 2014
olojaoke1:

Your knowledge of the bible is sadly lacking,did you read the biblical account of Lot and his daughters?.
I tink d bible was talkin abt incest in dat part of d scripture, so technically, swagwu is right
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by Richy4(m): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2014
swagwu:

Hmmmm are you kidding me? Have you read about Lot's family? I mean Abraham' nephew?
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by austine4real(m): 10:52am On Nov 09, 2014
U don giv ur sis belle abi?
Inbreedin is inbreedin
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by olojaoke1(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2014
okabe:

I tink d bible was talkin abt incest in dat part of d scripture, so technically, swagwu is right
He said there was no record of inbreeding in the bible.....Lot nko
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by dickoflife(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
My Lil knowledge tells me cus of the same source of dna and rna for thechild,medically the child will be weak, meaning a life of problems..... pick someone of the streets.. no needs or attachment and u might never see the person again..
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by okabe(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
austine4real:
U don giv ur sis belle abi?
Inbreedin is inbreedin

Lol, u r a 'weirdly' funny dude
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by austine4real(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
okabe:

Lol, u r a 'weirdly' funny dude
make we hear d truth ni
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by swagwu(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
olojaoke1:

He said there was no record of inbreeding in the bible.....Lot nko
in lots case he had no choice..
Re: IVF: Using A Brother's Or Father's Sperm, Is It Right? by swagwu(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
olojaoke1:

when it come to bible u cant stand me ....niggi

(1) (Reply)

Three Major Reasons Why Every Home Must Have A CCTV Camera. / Man Seeks Dissolution Of 19-yr Marriage Over Wife’s Laziness / Nairalanders Please Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.